It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with the history channel lately?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ok so first the history channel was talking about UFO's and aliens 24/7. I personally was interested in those but usually the history channel does a bad job of portraying that subject. Only recently have they had some decent documentaries.

But, lately... all i see on the history channel is stuff about Nazi's and Hitler..

Anyone know why?

Im confused lol.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think its cause they are doing a new WW2 air combat in HD series...

right before it switched to this it was all their stupid IRT, pawnstar, american pickers crap.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I think its cause they are doing a new WW2 air combat in HD series...

right before it switched to this it was all their stupid IRT, pawnstar, american pickers crap.

I actually liked that whole air combat stuff. It looked sick.

What are the IRT/pawnster things? i dont think i saw those before...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
they cycle through the stuff they show every month or 2... yeah i agree IRT(ice road truckers), Pawn Stars, American pickers are pretty lame shows... but yeah their shows on aliens, the universe, and life after people are some of my favorites

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

Ice Road Truckers; Pawn Stars, American Pickers, and American Restorations.

IRT = lame

PS= i dont enjoy watching ppl run a pawn shop and have pseudo drama.

American Pickers = guys going to garage sales basically and haggling ppl

AR = basically a guy that has a working relationship with the pawn star guys has a show, and who;d think he is restoring a golf cart they bought on pawn stars...

I don't enjoy these reality tv styled shows with antique road show thrown in the mix lol

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
What are you guys talking about???

Every time I surf the history channel, I see freeking reality TV!

Pawn Stars - Yeah, a high end pawn shop.
American Pickers - guys looking for valuable old junk?
Ice Road Truckers - Lots of history there.
Deadliest Roads? Your kidding...
Ax men? Again, is this the History Channel or Reality TV?
Swamp people ---- OK

What the hell is this crap?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well it is remembrance day tomorrow. Les we forget the ones who profited from both sides of war.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Your_Number_One_Fan

Watched WW2 Air War in HD tonight and It was very good. Being friends with a few Ex WW2 fighter pilots and bomber pilots I've got to hear some great stories...but I have never seen anything like that. That was a great piece of history we got to watch tonight and I think everyone should see it. Also it showed how even then the US government was manipulating the news about how good we were doing compared to how we were actually doing.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Thursdays is new ancient aliens right?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Ya I think so. The last two have been pretty good. Makes you really wonder

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

That, and junk like people driving trucks, living in swamps, etc. Since when did the History Channel mean bad reality TV? They used to be about, well, history. Even the UFO stuff can be interesting, if done properly, and if all the historical evidence is discussed. How the other stuff qualifies is beyond me!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Hitler has been the main topic of programming on the History Channel and the History Channel International it seems for months, not just recently.

I have the History Channel or the Intl version on all the time in the background while doing work online and most of the time it's about Hitler, Germany or the Nazi's. I have seen every single documentary they have aired on Hitler and the like a dozen times. I haven't seen anything new on this channel that isn't reality related....well besides Ancient Aliens. I noticed this (lots of Hilter) back in May and I remember it was May because my bf was here at the time and we watched one of the shows together. I even mentioned to my bf and my friend how the History Channel had a lot of programming on Hitler lately and as much as I watch their programming I notice things like that.

They had a huge Egypt kick last summer I believe. I enjoyed that!

In the last 7mths they have talked about Hitler and Germany so much I went and bought a ton of books at the bookstore on Germany, Hitler and the Nazi's. There were so many things I didn't know until I started reading and watching all the shows. I may not like the repetitive nature of their shows but they do make me go out and seek more information on things and even look into things my own way.

The only thing I dont like about them right now is the crappy new programming they have. I can't stand reality shows on there involving pawn shops and trash picking..That is NOT history related in the sense of the channel. They are starting to sell out like everyone else with crappy "reality shows" that arent really real and are only there to get viewers that way they don't have to put together a thought provoking program. I never thought the History Channel would go that route...I knew they caved when they got Ice Road Truckers. I think I actually cursed at the tv when I saw that. HOW is that related to history? Please explain that one...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Your_Number_One_Fan

Well it is remembrance day tomorrow. Les we forget the ones who profited from both sides of war.

That made me laugh
That should be the new slogan!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The History channel is going down the same sad path as MTV ('music television' minus the music) and VH1 ('video hits 1'... again, without the videos)

I remember watching history channel with my grandpa back in the day when it actually showed history related shows, all day everyday.

Their new slogan is something like, "history, made everyday"... so I guess that's their excuse for the new lameness they laughingly call shows. "Well, we filmed IRT last month, so technically, it's in the past so it's history"

It's annoying. They have 1,000's of years worth of material to base some possibly cool documentaries/shows on, and they come up with crap like SWAMP PEOPLE?! Really History Channel? really?
It's not that interesting.
It's insulting almost.
grr I say!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
lol ... swamp people? Is that really a show?

Im dying of laughter right now...

And ya, Ice Road truckers is kinda non-history related in the slightest. I guess i dont have anything wrong with them doing something "new" and/or different. Nothing wrong with added stuff otehr than documentaries but seriously... some of those shows are way off topic.

Even something along the lines of a "ghost investigation" would be more related to history than the current stuff. At least there you can check the past of who lived there and died there etc.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
As a participant on THC's message boards, I've seen many of these same comments in the Feedback forum there.

The consensus seems to be that, with so many people downloading their preferred TV fare on the computer, the major demographic left watching television is the "Pawn Stars" and "Swamp People" sets.

And for the sake of the almighty advertising dollar, the network's programming has been revised to reflect their taste.

YMM

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
They go through phases of Nazi obsession on the History channel, when we first got it a few years back we started calling it the "Hitler channel" because they showed virtually nothing else
Then when they go through their disasters / UFO's /scare tactics phase we call it the "Histrionics channel"
edit on 11-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by yodamastersmom
As a participant on THC's message boards, I've seen many of these same comments in the Feedback forum there.

The consensus seems to be that, with so many people downloading their preferred TV fare on the computer, the major demographic left watching television is the "Pawn Stars" and "Swamp People" sets.

And for the sake of the almighty advertising dollar, the network's programming has been revised to reflect their taste.

YMM

I think because TV reality shows are cheap to make too.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
They go through phases of Nazi obsession on the History channel, when we first got it a few years back we started calling it the "Hitler channel" because they showed virtually nothing else
Then when they go through their disasters / UFO's /scare tactics phase we call it the "Histrionics channel"
edit on 11-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Well George Hearst third share partner in A&ETN likes his Hitler junk. That's why their is so much of it. JFK smack also. He seems to allow the idea to fester that LBJ had something to do with the JFK assassination. And of course he loves the lost NT book of Thomas. Which is popular with a lot of the old time elites because they really get into the blue blood myth, divine right to rule and all that. They want to be related to royalty and thus be considered descendants of Jesus Christ. Really Charles Mason head trip stuff. Nazism and being Christ.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by yodamastersmom

YMM

I think because TV reality shows are cheap to make too.

The cheaply made and cheap AI and DWTS and their clones, that are no more than glitzed up versions of the high school talent show, should have warned us that the educational level of the general population had taken a nose dive.

Sadly, all such signs were missed by most until the Tea Party began.

And more's the pity.

YMM

top topics

<<   2 >>

join