It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhadamanthus
Fox News just said it was a ballistic missile. I did not catch the whole thing but this is creepy beyond belief. They also said it could of just been an accident. Can't wait to see where this one goes.

They also just said that it could be a Russian Sub as a possibility! Also said that they don't know if it is a threat to us or not. Starting to change their tune a bit, hmmmm.

Not very reassuring!

link   
If it was a Chinese stealth sub one possibility could be that they parked a mini ICBM on the ocean floor and left it for a timed or more likely remote launch. I know the U.S. have these type of "set it and forget it" deployable missile boxes that work on land but are much smaller.

link   

Originally posted by tommyjo

Originally posted by GoalPoster
reply to post by tommyjo

If it were simply a matter of this being a jet scooting across the pond to the Eastern Pacific, don't you think somebody somewhere would have come forward by this point and said . . . hell, that was us . . . just a normal flight.

You've got to believe the military would be able to dial that in pretty quickly as well.

Something's hinkie about this . . . not sure exactly how or why . . . but hinkie it is!

If it was an airliner it was probably recorded by an aircraft enthusiast on Flight Aware, SBS, Plane Plotter or other such commercially available software. Remember this is not the first time that such a contrail has caused confusion off the Californian Coast. The high profile of this video will probably see a match up from a US based aviation enthusiast who monitored or back tracked the flights over the area?

TJ

Before putting too much credibility in it being an airliner, consider the speed with which it seems to be moving and that it seems to be going vertically, and the brightness of its exhaust and the apparent brightening of that exhaust as what we can assume was a first-stage seperation. An airliner going horizontally climbing more or less to 40k feet (from LAI), will not appear to be moving that swiftly in moving ng away from the camera. None of that argument works.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

I have been following the ATS discussions for quite some time now but this is my first post. Anyway, Is it just me or is this just getting way out of hand?! I mean seriously, a gigantic missile launches off US waters meanwhile the US Navy has no idea who launched it. They are acting like some third world country with zero tracking capabilities. I am so fed up with the blatant, obnoxious lies from our government and media. They are throwing it in our faces people!! They are showing us exactly how much they can do, while at the same time showing us how much we "Can't Do" anything about it. I guess I need to freshen up the ol' bug out bag cause I have a gut feeling this next "shock" event is gonna be real nasty.

If you havn't seen "shock doctrine" I highly suggest that you check it out!
Video Link For "Shock Doctrine"

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

MY INITIAL REACTION:
My initial reaction was similar to many here: a launch of a missile. However (like many initial posts and discussions) we don't take "perspective" into account, that from a distance, an aircraft from the horizon can seem to produce a vertical or near vertical contrail. The challenge is that the video we see is heavily edited by news media (especially given that it was a CBS affiliate helicopter that captured the footage).

MORE FOOTAGE: PLEASE!!!
Therefore what I'm interested in is any raw video captured of this event, there must be some given the proximity to LA.

1:30 WHAT ARE WE SEEING?:
The aircraft viewed at approx. 1:30 looks like a helicopter to me, and would seem to be much closer to the camera than the contrail.

MY SUMMARY/POSSIBLE EXPLANATIONS:
Honestly what really bugs me is the rush to judgment, the ridiculous comments about the end of the world, the onset of war, Iranian(?) submarines... good grief people, I find this very interesting but this is most likely:

1. Most Likely (perspective people!): A contrail from a plane from a distance, whereby the perspective gives the impression of a vertical take off. I wondered about the explanation by Phage at first... but honestly we've seen SO MANY initial videos that look "exciting" - only for it to be "perspective" and then we look kind of silly...

2. Likely (Military SNAFU - oops shouldn't we have announced this!!!): A military launch that has not been announced or verified by the Navy (or Norad or anyone!) yet... especially given the launch location... the islands north of Catalina (which BTW is a beautiful location!) are primarily military. This is the second most likely possibility as some show of strength, knowing that such a launch would be captured on tape...

3. Highly Unlikely (aka major provocation): A launch by a foreign vessel... it would have to be a submarine launch, otherwise you wouldn't last 5 minutes... so which foreign powers would do this... it would not be a major power, because it would be seen as a major provocation, and honestly who (of the major powers) are seeking war/problems with the USA

4. Extremely Unlikely (yeah, like they often launch new weapons that close to LA!): Some secret new weapon/missile being launched... why the hell would the US military launch such a missile anywhere near to US soil, where it would be captured on video (sic)... if they are doing some show of strength they'd launch a typical missile... as described in 2. above.

5. Extremely Utterly Doubtful (like Iran... submarine, ballistic missile... come on): Iranian or other military launch... they just don't have the capacity or capability... certainly nothing that I've ever seen.

6. PLEASE LET IT BE THIS (LOL):What I really would like it to be (please!): And I'd really hope for this one, because it would be so cool! PLEASE: Movie Studio Launches Missile... A teaser for some upcoming MOVIE!!! PLEASE!!!

LOL.

I'm NOT buying any canned food, NOT building a bomb shelter, honestly people...
Please consider the "laughter" when you want to return 240 cans of beans and 100 cases of bottled water.
If it is something happening, I really don't think your bomb shelter and canned food will do much ....

TTFN
askbaby

edit on 9-11-2010 by askbaby because: LOL... ATS filtered out my word... I used a slang expression for laughter... and the ATS filter thoguht I was using a derogatory term for a minority!... SO I changed the word to "laughter" in the last paragraph!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I will be glad when some confirmation comes out to identify this as a missile.

I don't see how anyone can watch the KCBS video and still think that this is a contrail from a jet aircraft.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Fox News says breaking news coming up on this soon. The information is starting to come out now, now that fox news and friends have picked up from us. Here is the info now: They have called all military installations, Northcom says no threat to our nation, all indications not a launch from a foreign military, will not say more.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well now they just said that the country is not under any danger and this was not done by another country. Wow what a bunch of BS. They have their best minds scrambling right now to make up a good story to help all this go away.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I just put 2 and 2 together. Maybe, it was somebody doing this..?

abovetopsecret.com...
(NASA Sponsors NanoSat Launch Challenge)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

edit on November 9th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Fox News says breaking news coming up on this soon. The information is starting to come out now, now that fox news and friends have picked up from us. Here is the info now: They have called all military installations, Northcom says no threat to our nation, all indications not a launch from a foreign military, will not say more.

That statement is exactly the same that they've used time after time to dismiss decent UFO reports. The incident is never explained, but we should forget it, because whatever it was, it is no threat to us.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
My daughter's father works for USAF Space Command/DoD/Norad and this is his job - to monitor all launches all over the world. He watched this launch as it happened and monitored it.

He knows what this is...but wont tell me. Grrr. I have tired trust me.
edit on November 9th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Oh my God, how stupid we all are! It's Al Qaida!!!

On the other hand, USA and EU have invested so much in China, and China has even hired NATO to fight its wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan, so it is not very likely that this is a Chinese provocation.
Dollar is going down, this is an obvious inflation accelerating. Living standard in the West is going down to match Asian (India and China) labor cost. It has to be covered by something. I'd expect a huge false flag, even a simulated big war going on tho hide this scruples agenda.
Most people will not believe such huge a conspiracy, so yes, I think it is very possible. They may go for it. FAlse crisis. Even the Cuban crisis and Cold war look pretty false to me.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
NOTAM for LA.

KZLA LOS ANGELES A2832/10 – THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS ARE REQUIRED DUE TO NAVAL AIR WARFARE CENTER WEAPONS DIVISION ACTIVATION OF W537. IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY, ALL NON-PARTICIPATING PILOTS ARE ADVISED TO AVOID W537. IFR TRAFFIC UNDER ATC JURISDICTION SHOULD ANTICIPATE CLEARANCE AROUND W537 AND CAE 1176. CAE 1155 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1316 & CAE 1318 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1177 WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. W537 ACTIVE, CAE 1176 CLOSED. SURFACE – FL390, 09 NOV 20:00 2010 UNTIL 10 NOV 01:00 2010. CREATED: 08 NOV 20:52 2010

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Article Link

The U.S. Defence Department says it is trying to figure out whether a missile was launched off the coast of Southern California and who might have launched it.

Gov is looking into it...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Pentagon working to solve mystery missle launch
www.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
As I said above, daughter's father monitored this launch and the government KNOWS what it is. They just are not releasing that info for whatever reason.

Wish I could get and deliver more info

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotsPride
Pentagon working to solve mystery missle launch
www.reuters.com...

The pentagon is just_now looking into this? lol hmmm I don't think so. Didn't this happen yesterday?

Edit: as the above post states, they *know* full well what it is.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

link   
Just watched the Taking of Pelham 123 last night. Premise other than the hijacking of the subway car, was the bad guy wanted to create fear in the stock market for a day and thereby win big with the foreknowledge of his terrorism.

Just makes you wonder who will gain from fear these days?

link   
I dont know if this connection has been made yet, just came across this trying to give more infor. Read this thread, THIS IS THE SAME THING LAUNCHED FROM SCOTSDALE a few days ago, same time of day, look at the way the trail acts, the similarities between the stories.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join