It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pumapunku

Goodby, Silverstein & Partners is an ad agency famous for the "Budweiser Frogs" and the "Got Milk?" ad spots.

The "911" in the background is interesting, however, but probably done as a joke.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Do not think so, i would suppose the americans have em weapons that can take down any sat, so i doubt that it is.

Still reckon this is a rubbish story.
edit on 11/9/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Here's a certainty. Even if the United States military didn't launch the missile (It is obvious that they did, as it came from a submarine near our coast) NORAD definately tracked the missile and is fully aware of where the missile impacted.....or is orbiting......They're silence is not an indication of well being.
Could this be a sattelite thrown up in a rush response to a developing situation with some type of defensive surveillance capability?
Stay alert........This is not insignificant. If it were, it would have been explained. The fact that they had no ready-made excuse means it was an emergency response. Look for a bogus excuse later in the day, as it is beginning to draw a high level of media interesst.
I mentioned on the thread of the missile over Pheonix on Saturday, that I saw two similar launches west of Shreveport about two months ago. What the hell is going on?
These oft denied chem trails contain barium, which is used to treat radiation exposure. Are the chem trails related to bio-engineering in response to bogus global warming, or are they readying us for a nuclear strike?
Just asking, because it isn't the fourth of July.
edit on 9-11-2010 by astrogolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
any links to the news confernece/ press release? someone said its on Fox but all i seee is Nate Berkus uping my style

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Well i seem to remember you stating your interest in working for a Government/Military Agency.

Consider this a test GEL, get to his computer and hack it!! lol.

Only joking.....or am i??

Cosmic...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is now the TOP story on Google news...
news.google.com...

Also they removed "missle" from the title so it just says contrail now.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Here's the unofficial version . . ..

I can just vision it . . . President O and the Mrs. sitting in some mud hut chitty chatting with some head of state and the aforementioned Mr. O grabs his smokes and what he thinks is a lighter . . .

Mr. O – great meal . . . that curry stuff’s great but I need a schmoke.
Mrs. O – Oh Barrykins . . . not in front of the kidlets!

[grabs smokes and what he thinks is a lighter]

flick

flickity flick

Mr.O - Damn

flickityflickflackflicktyflooooo

[Red phone rings.]

Mr. O – OOOOOOOPS . . . my bad . . . thought that was my lighter. They really ought to make that mutual destruction remote a bit bigger.

[turns to presidential fart catcher aid person]

Mr. O – Call the Pentagon and the joint chiefs and tell them to deny everything and blame it on the Chinese . . . they’re pissed at us already anyway.

Now for the official version from the Pentagon:

Last night we launched a supersonic winged rat. The seagul entered orbit at 8:35 p.m. and we have not heard from it since. We apoligize for the inconvenience and return you to The Biggest Losing Network Dancing Star Island.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

This is very interesting, a show of force I seriously doubt, would the various aircraft carriers stationed off Asia's shores not be of enough show of force? Second what would be the reason for the U.S. to launch a huge rocket only to deny that it was done? How comfortable would it make the U.S. military to know it wasn't them that launched it? My guess is not very. I am interested in were this missile ended up landing at, maybe this is a U.S. launch against a threat at sea.

Now this I would say is the most important point, how could the military not know when we have satellites in orbit that search for the heat plum from these very things.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Did anyone see this for themselves? I can't find any YouTube videos or eyewitness reports other than the lone helicopter pilot who took the video. Seems weird that there are not more eyewitness accounts. Maybe this is an elaborate hoax to get national news coverage.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I just looked in on Sea Launch... seems they filed Chapter 11 and now the Russian Energia corp has taken almost full control of the operation

Sea Launch Company Emerges From Chapter 11

LONG BEACH, Calif., October 27, 2010 – Sea Launch Company has successfully completed its Chapter 11 reorganization process, effective October 27, 2010. As part of the court-approved Plan of Reorganization, Energia Overseas Limited (EOL), a Russian corporation, will have acquired a majority ownership of the reorganized Sea Launch entity.

The Plan of Reorganization was approved by Judge Brendan Shannon, in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware, on July 27, 2010. The successor entity, Sea Launch S.a.r.l., will be responsible for corporate functions at its operations headquarters and will maintain some assets at Sea Launch Home Port, in the Port of Long Beach, in Southern California.

www.sea-launch.com...

What the hell is happening to America?

Oct 26 2010
Air Force lost some communication with nuclear missiles
articles.cnn.com...:US

Now we see a launch near San Nicolas Is and no one talks

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by arcnaver

he is not worried at all. he is laughing at all the drama over it. but that is because he knows what it is.
im sorry and really wish i could get more info....if i hear anything more, i will most certainly post it.

I find it kind of disturbing that the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. If this is some sort of a test of something, other departments of the military and/or defense departments should know about it. There should be no drama. :shk:
edit on 9-11-2010 by snowspirit because: Cause I can't get out of this box

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I would have to guess that it was a US missile demonstration on behalf of the Indian's, Obama is probably over there now showing them the latest US military industrial complex arms catalogue.

Pakistan would have probably have nuked India if they'd done the test over there.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
You guys need to calm down and READ ALL THE POSTS. Seriously, from what I gather reading through all the pages.

The military knows what it was and are keeping it secret. Jets would have been scrambled if something did launch without the knowledge of the military.

Calm down and read through all the pages.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Another idea I had is could this have been a sub based ABM that took down an incoming missile and no one wants to let it out that we might have been shot at?? Anyone know if the ABM platforms could be on a sub?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MZYYY

just mentioned that exact thing on page10

link   
reply to post by zorgon

So you believe that a TV news team can determine the distance of a contrail?
You believe a TV news team is capable of determining a launch position of a "missile" from a single video? Wow, what do we need radar for?

link   

lol.
Sometimes its fun to be in the "Know" I suppose. It probably is something not to worry about.
edit on 9-11-2010 by arcnaver because: spelling

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Watch out for the old magic trick. Do you see what happened off the west coast, while the real thing comes over the east coast. If it was a foreign entity, who knows if they don't have the same thing off the southern or eastern coastline. NORAD says not foreign threat, Pentagon cannot confirm NORADS belief.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

Fox news is on the story. Denials from all branches of military, adding "at this time there are no specific details and we are working to find out the source.....Nasa denies.......amazingly, norad, despite allegedly not knowing anything claims there is no threat to homeland.......Pentagon says can't back that up (that there is no threat to homeland).......What the hell is going on here?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Lots of posts in this thread. I only went through the first two pages so far, but wanted to give my .02 .

I honestly doubt this was a civilian launch, and the fact that the military is hush hush and scrambling to make ridiculous claims leads me to believe this was another powerful country testing our reactions to such a move.

I think this is really bad news, guys. We've done some questionable things in the past showing our "superior dominance" in the waters... well maybe we've been a bit too arrogant and ignorant to the technological progress of some of the other nations.

If they can launch an ICBM right off our coast without our knowledge.... that's bad juju, guys & gals. Bad juju, indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join