It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

No. The wing vortices produce the effect in the contrail.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by johnny2127

I think he is in error.

For those of us that haven't come to a conclusion, could you please describe why this guy is 'in error'? Thanks.

But Doug Richardson, the editor of Jane’s Missiles and Rockets, examined the video for the Times of London and said he was left with little doubt.

"It’s a solid propellant missile," he told the Times. "You can tell from the efflux [smoke]."

Richardson said it could have been a ballistic missile launched from a submarine or an interceptor, the defensive anti-missile weapon used by Navy surface ships.

CBS Article

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Diplomat

No. The wing vortices produce the effect in the contrail.

I see what you're saying, but those pictures don't really look anything like the "corkscrew" part of the mystery missile's contrail...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

For one reason, because it isn't smoke. It's a contrail. It can be seen to shorten in this video which shows more of the "event".

www.necn.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
if it was a plane it would been spinning pretty fast making that "corkscrew" effect.
edit on 10-11-2010 by MrAnnunaki because: gramma

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I will say this once more but that's it

If it was a passenger plane which i doubt it, why don't the passengers themselves or the pilot come out to the news media and admit it?

Its funny, the helicopter pilot admits he doesn't know what it was but then again, he was forced to say it was a plane sigh and he has no clue what it was and wants to find out?

This Mystery isn't case closed.

If i may add this happened while obama was in Asia.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

Normally, government will look for radar data and ask military commands and air traffic control. And since this was an airplane, they had absolutely no knowledge of the alleged missile launch. Thus their boring answers. They most certainly didn't bother to study a video reported by some TV station as a valid source of information.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by favouriteslave
In the video taken by the media you can clearly see a fireball at the end of whatever was making the trail. It seemed to glow and flutter a whole rainbow of colors. Is that standard for a commercial airplane or an "special edition" add on?

Top of page 67:

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I may be a little late, but here's a loop I made of the "stages firing", or whatever you want to call it. Light reflecting off the "plane" or whatever. I created a youtube account a few minutes ago just for this clip.

edit on 11/9/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

Alot of plane believers are avoiding that video for some strange and odd reason.
I agree that looks like its in a firing stages where parts usually or the missile start to go.

This part of the footage proves it was no plane.

WONDERFUL It Seems Everyone and even Contrail science web site is avoiding this video!

Sorry askbaby but its still a missile Contrail science web site only took or copied images that may interests them, didn't they bother with this footage.

I am still surprised everyone has been avoiding this footage, this footage doesn't show its a plane.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

If it was a passenger plane which i doubt it, why don't the passengers themselves or the pilot come out to the news media and admit it?
What do you expect the pilot and passengers to say? Do you think they can see their own contrail?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAnnunaki
if it was a plane it would been spinning pretty fast making that "corkscrew" effect.
edit on 10-11-2010 by MrAnnunaki because: gramma

That is the 'donuts on a rope' effect caused by Aurora's ramjets as it descends over LA on its way back to Area 51, just over the border. LA has also had many 'sky quakes' caused by the same aircraft as it passes over the same area on its way back to Area 51.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

We know that US808 was right there at that time. What would you expect the passengers and pilot to say? They can't see the contrails behind the plane.

Please provide a quote from the helicopter pilot.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

This footage is a loop from the original video, made by a member of ATS.
It is about the light that appears on the plane - red and green position lights, or reflection from the sun, which I doubt since at this moment plane is in shade?

link   

edit on 10-11-2010 by DangerDeath because: Double post, damn mouse button...

link   

Look at the highlighted section of the photo below, doesn't that look exactly like a spiral/corkscrew? Wouldn't the craft had to have been moving in a spiraling motion to create that type of contrail?

Here is a link to a spiral airplane contrail.

Here

They are nothing new. It’s called wingtip vortices.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I am still surprised everyone has been avoiding this footage, this footage doesn't show its a plane.
I'll address that footage...where's the rest of it? Why does it cut off where it does? Keep watching it and you can tell more about it, but you have to look at the longer version of the video to see more about it, not a carefully edited snippet.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Capt.Spaulding
Both were at night, and were *detonated* in flight leaving an electric looking rainbow floating a few thousand feet in the dark sky for close to half an hour.

That is a normal occurrence when the upper stage leaves noctilucent clouds... but those would be real missile launches

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
They are nothing new. It’s called wingtip vortices.

Which proves again its a plane

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
MODS: How come the "The California Missile Was A "Message" From China (update: possible hoax)" thread is 404'ed?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10/11/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
For comparison, here's a video I shot of the launch of Space Shuttle Atlantis on May 14, 2010.

The video is shot from Citrus County, FL ...120 miles away and gives a good reference of how fast a rocket is actually moving from such a distance.

After watching this video, I'm not convinced the LA mystery missile is a rocket...but it sure as heck doesn't look to me like an airplane either.

Maybe it's neither...maybe something completely foreign to anything most of us can conceive at this point.

Here's my video of the space shuttle launch:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

We know that US808 was right there at that time. What would you expect the passengers and pilot to say? They can't see the contrails behind the plane.

Please provide a quote from the helicopter pilot.

This site is looking more like it has government agents undergoing a cover up front line with people like you who buys into the plane theory nonsense
and sticking with the media

www.youtube.com...

comment from the youtube
If it was a plane why he is Meeso Kookoo uncmfortable while he is trying to make people think this is a normal airliner? and He keeps repeating himself and getting off track in an attempt to confuse and redirect.

You phage still have avoided my reply on that video earlier

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join