It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

The FAA has said that there were no unusual radar contacts or pilot reports of anything unusual.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Exacting proof is needed to fully confirm or deny the incident. easy as that. once some undeniable evidence comes forth then let everyone think what they want IMHO Missile. No one can see the same thing from a different set of eyes.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

There are no accidental missile launches. Period.

There are like three to five steps required to light up a ballistic missile. It is NOT like in the movies.

If you were talking about the Phalanx system maybe, but NOT any missile system.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
A foreign power launched a missile within our boundary waters to show us they had the ability.

PERIOD.

Link to supporting evidence please

You can twist it, you can smokescreen it, you can do whatever you want.

Most of us are looking for the truth and using common sense and material available to us, the majority of evidence is pointing towards aircraft.

The FACT remains the same, a missile with ballistic trajectory was launched within our boundary waters.

you CANNOT claim FACT when there are no definate FACTS, even the aircraft theory cannot be proven as FACT, but there ismore evidence supporting that theory.

Oh well, the sheep will bleet all the way home.

Sheep cannot make ICBM's, only warm jumpers and a lovely sunday dinner

Sorry to tell you this folks, ballistic missiles are NOT that hard to make. My neighbors kid launches 5 mile rockets all the time. He has one that is about 10' high. Whoopdy doo.

I did question at the start if this was a civilian launch, but the aircraft theory won.

Get over it. This was a message. If you do not understand it, there are those that do.

Evidence to support your claim please
edit on 10/11/10 by woogleuk because: My keyboard needs to cut back on the beer

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Stewie

It was not a missile.
It was a passenger jet. US Air flight 808.

No it wasn't by now people from the 808 flight would come on the news and admit it was there plane, sorry to say but even your beloved experts seem to be lying on the news about the claim that it was a plane, they look very uneasy.

you know phage the military works with the media now its pretty not hard to cover up a military operation.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
Wouldn't any passengers on that plane be commenting on the smoke trail by now?
No, I usually get a window seat and despite having a good view of the engines at times, I never have a good view of the contrails so I couldn't tell you if the contrails on my flight were spectacular or wimpy. The pilot can see even less than I can.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I love your posting in general Phage, there are well researched.

But will the Carnival passengers have another tale to tell?

Were there passengers on that other flying vehicle - aircraft like - in the same original video, that

will come forth?

Tromso was a soviet bulava missile. This may be a missile too, lets wait and see a few days.
edit on 11/10/2010 by drphilxr because: spelling idiot!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Do you understand the concept of International waters, and national "boundaries"? Apparently not:

A foreign power launched a missile within our boundary waters to show us they had the ability.

I'll let you look it up, to see what constitutes "within our boundary waters", as soon as you've exactly isolated the precise location of this alleged "missile launch".

(HINT: Rule of thumb, think "12 miles")

Secondly.....whaaaaa? "foreign power"?? What has happened to the World's school systems, anyways? What has caused this level of incredible, illogical paranoia?

Thirdly....have you seen the thread involving the photo of a contrail, on Tuesday, at the same time of day as Monday's incident, same general routing, and is a USAir flight, number 808, HNL-PHX? Same flight, same schedule, same airline. It's on record. ALL flights arriving/departing the USA on an IFR flight plan are track able and data compiled by a a non-government website, a private concern. Heard of FlightAware?

There are many threads, many today in fact, besides this one, on this topic. You have some reading to do.

link   
reply to post by Esger

Can you post a link to that article? Trying to collect things that seem relevant to it.

More and more, it looks as though we will never hear the truth from the government on this incident.

link   

Originally posted by Kaiju666
Not claiming to be related or anything , just found this odd. Today at work, let's just say UCLA to give people a perspective of exactness, at approximately 10.10 am or so I believe. I hear a jet roaring! Closer and CLOSER and CLOSERRRRRR!!!!! I go running to my door, to see if I had to run for my life. The only thing I could surmise was ....OMFG!!!! A jetliner is crashing RIGHT ON TOP OF ME! That's how loud it was. As I reached my door , I couldn't see anything as I am obscured by both an overhang and trees , which makes my view upwards extremely limited. I am unaware of which direction the sound was heading also. Eastward, away from the ocean or Westward, towards the ocean. At recess, I asked some of the kids if they heard the jet. They replied. YES! YES! It was 2 military jets. I've lived in the area 35+ years and I can probably count on one hand the number of military jets I've seen in this area. Just thought was pretty odd , seeing there was a "mystery missile" yesterday or the day before off the CA coast.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Kaiju666 because: (no reason given)

Last Weds AND yesterday I observed a very loud plane. I will describe the plane here and hopefully someone can tell me what it was. Anyhow it passed over us at a fairly low altitude and it was LOUD. It made me look up and say WTF. Planes pass here all the time but my first guess last Weds and yesterday was definitely military. It appeared completely black on the bottom, wing angled slightly back and pointy tips on the wings. I could not tell if the tips were pointing straight up or forward. I'm looking through aircraft pics now and trying to find something close. All I come up with is this

www.cloud9photography.us... s%20for%20sale#306807598_4eHP4

Why would these be flying over our area? I'm in Santa Clarita CA, South west of Edwards AFB by about 40-50 miles. They were headed due south.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Now you don't believe the data on Flightaware?

You want someone to say, "Yes I was on US Air flight 808. Yes we flew over Catalina at 5:00?"

Something tells me that you would call them a disinfo agent if they did say that.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

yes, i imagine the passengers of a jet can not visualize their own contrails, correct.

however, passengers in a jet at altitude at the same time and general area of another rising/ flying

'missile like' object may have something to report....there were 2 objects flying in the original video!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
reply to post by Phage

I love your posting in general Phage, there are well researched.

But will the Carnival passengers have another tale to tell?

Were there passengers on that other flying vehicle - aircraft like - in the same original video, that

will come forth?

Tromso was a soviet bulava missile. This may be a missile too, lets wait and see a few days.
edit on 11/10/2010 by drphilxr because: spelling idiot!

speaking of the Carnival what happened to it?

the last time i heard it was stuck in the sea while the military aircraft was in the area?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

reply to post by drphilxr

The FAA has said that there were no unusual radar contacts or pilot reports of anything unusual.

I drive PCH every night after work. I saw it and have seen other launches like it. This one was different because there wasn't the usual greenish wacky trail left behind. (from the spiral and sun reflections) I thought it was just another launch from Point Mugu and or the military Island just between Catalina & Channel Islands. Strange that everyone is claiming "swamp gas" on this one.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivineAwakening
Here's Michio Kaku and some other guy giving their opinions. A lot of people in the comments seem to think they are lying. O.o

Michio Kaku's comments about the angle and the perceived appearance seem to me quite credible

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hi everybody, I am a long time lurker of this website and read topics all the time. This particular topic made me join ATS so I can feel better knowing im a part of the discussion instead of just an outsider. After reading about 50 pages -give or take- about this missile/rocket I wanted to ask, as I'm sure its been posted but just hard to find amongst all these pages; has anybody noticed in some of the videos when its darker you can clearly see bright flashes from the rear of the object? It totally looks like a rocket propelled object . Also another thing I notice is that the "contrail" is in a cylinder shape and is all by its lonesome. Contrails from commercial airplanes do not consist of one smoke trail but at least 2 and 4 trails because of there being more than one engine. Now that I think of it perhaps it could of been an fighter jet in a hurry... But anyway, I wanted to put some input into this and find one of these so called "experts" and slap them for saying its a plane. I learned about the whole illusion of distance and things looking like their coming at you when I was like 7 in art class, obviously the higher ups think were all 7 year olds and will say " gosh darnit your right!" but I'm sure of the hundreds of thousands of people who drive home on a daily occurrence from work in LA, that this would of been a big deal years ago because all these people would see it. The pilot of the news helicopter obviously thought it wasnt an airplane and I would assume hes been in the LA area a long time and has seen these types of things that this seemed like something new. ...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Now you don't believe the data on Flightaware?

You want someone to say, "Yes I was on US Air flight 808. Yes we flew over Catalina at 5:00?"

Something tells me that you would call them a disinfo agent if they did say that.

But Doktor, didn't you ever notice flightaware does not accurately track all flights?

I have tracked ALL my wife's MANY flights for the last 3 years using just this program - and it

accounts for delays, but doesn't get arrival time correct, and I'm wondering out loud where the

data is from - on flight gps? (the website states "proprietary algorithms" - these are estimates of course,

speed, and altitude then, right?) MORE DATA

ground radar doesn't track flights seamlessly cross- country.

Is flight aware accurate enough here?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y
more possible, that was accidental launch of US missile

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It was a missile. ATS is so funny, the obvious just isn't good enough.
The question is, who launched it? Even in our own government, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and they all blame the other hand.
I am thinking it was our Navy. I could be wrong, but an aircraft?
Give me a break. If members here can't see the obvious, ATS is just another adolescent, nerd herd.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave

Originally posted by Kaiju666

... It was 2 military jets. I've lived in the area 35+ years and I can probably count on one hand the number of military jets I've seen in this area. Just thought was pretty odd , seeing there was a "mystery missile" yesterday or the day before off the CA coast.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Kaiju666 because: (no reason given)

Planes pass here all the time but my first guess last Weds and yesterday was definitely military. It appeared completely black on the bottom, wing angled slightly back and pointy tips on the wings. I could not tell if the tips were pointing straight up or forward. I'm looking through aircraft pics now and trying to find something close. All I come up with is this

www.cloud9photography.us... s%20for%20sale#306807598_4eHP4

Why would these be flying over our area? I'm in Santa Clarita CA, South west of Edwards AFB by about 40-50 miles. They were headed due south.

Back on page 121 of this thread I mentioned "Exercise Vigilant Shield" starting 3rd Nov and lasting seven days. This may be connected as military exercises related to this or other exercises may have been taking place in your area.

Respectfully

Doc

top topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join