It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

The "source" is Sorcha Faal.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Does anyone know if Alex Jones or Coast To Coast mentioned this incident on their shows?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
sorry to interrupt but what page are the pictures on.. I saw a plane in the sunset today and it made me rethink my stance. Still don't know why they just didn't show where the plane came from urrrgh.

Yes last night like on page 82-85 they were talking about it... Noory just had different explantions on what it could be other then a plane and jones of course said it WAS FOR SURE A MISSILE.. I don't know personaly anymore but other then that, gotten so many stories im pissed with this.
edit on 10-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

They will, probably counting the revenue right now.

Respects and a second line

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
reply to post by kinkykoala

Now, THAT I believe.

People would not have been this worked up over a plane.

"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it" Hitler

WTC7 was brought down by a fire

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
Case closed.

www.foxnews.com...

Looks like that blogger took credit for ATS members hard work

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I've seen these twice in California. Once off the coast in Long beach, and once off Santa Barbara.

Both were at night, and were *detonated* in flight leaving an electric looking rainbow floating a few thousand feet in the dark sky for close to half an hour.

Beautiful. Scary, but beautiful...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
People would not have been this worked up over a plane.

Yes it seems they have
and all based on one silly reporter trying to boost ratings

We should LYNCH him... all that time and money wasted tracking this plane

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by johnny2127

It didn't take a government report for me to decide this was a jet contrail. I came to that conclusion long before the government said anything but, "Huh? We don't know what it is."

No. I don't particularly trust the government. I trust my own experience, knowledge, and logic far more.
edit on 11/10/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Reasonable answer. Thank you. What would your commentary be about this 'expert' opinion?

But Doug Richardson, the editor of Jane’s Missiles and Rockets, examined the video for the Times of London and said he was left with little doubt.

"It’s a solid propellant missile," he told the Times. "You can tell from the efflux [smoke]."

Richardson said it could have been a ballistic missile launched from a submarine or an interceptor, the defensive anti-missile weapon used by Navy surface ships.

CBS Article

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
glad i didn't flag this thread.... Ok you win phage (still think the pentagon should of known quicker)

link   

Originally posted by kennylee

Originally posted by Drew99GT
homelandsecurityus.com...

FWIW. Don't know how credible that outfit is. A Houston talk radio show host also had some inside sources saying people in the Pentagon are pooping bricks because it was in fact a missile, and not ours.

edit on 10-11-2010 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

I have read this website for almost three years now and find it to be a very reliable source. Hagmann does have a lot of contacts within the government. After seeing his report, there is no doubt in my mind that this was a missile and that the US Government is trying to cover it up as they always do, end of story...

www.ken-welch.com...

www.debbieschlussel.com... d-info/

I don't know if those 2 articles totally discredit Hagmann, but it's worth considering. What else do you know about him?

link   
In the days prior to this event, Admiral (Sandy) James A. Winnefeld, Jr, Commander of NORAD and US Northern Command, in his blog stated that...

"Exercise Vigilant Shield, a week-long exercise designed to strengthen our nation’s homeland defense posture while helping federal, state and local responders prepare to respond to terrorist threats and major disasters in a coordinated and effective fashion."

This exercise would "challenge ourselves to handle myriad events in the space of a week".

NORAD had a great many things to consider in the week commencing 3rd Nov. "We’re going to be managing multiple simulated threats in the counterterrorism venue, the maritime environment, the aerospace realm, cyber, consequence management, and the list goes on.."

Without expressing an opinion on the main topic in question in favour of any conclusion it is therefore feasible that this scenario was part of a training exercise or another event taking advantage of a perceived overstretching of NORADs capabilities during that exercise. If part of Exercise Vigilant Shield if could be assumed that initially NORAD would not have prior knowledge of a "simulated" attack in order to maintain realistic combat conditions. I will not go into the reasons for the continued failure to release information after the event as I do not have the facts regarding that and am not in the habit of jumping to conclusions. (This thread has enough of that
)

Please take note that I AM NOT saying that Exercise Vigilant Shield is the answer. I am merely presenting some further evidence which I hope may interest some of you. I have to be clear on that as a large proportion of this thread seems to be posts simply yelling at others that they are wrong when we must all admit that there are still many questions, even if the cause is proven in the end.

Link to Admiral Winnefelds' Blog
www.northcom.mil...

Regards

Doc

link   

www.msnbc.msn.com...

=http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/10/earlyshow/main7040379.shtml?tag=cbsContent;cbsCarousel

NASA and the U.S. Missile Defense Agency didn't immediately respond to requests for information.

I find it peculiar that these two agencies had no response. It's a bird, A plane, Its the veil being pulled down right over our eyes. Why not just come out and say "Yeah we test fired a missle to show the Asian countries Wu-Tang Clan (aka the US) aint nuthin to # wit." I mean this Government needs to take a page out of the hip hop game and be "REAL". What about the missle launch in Arizona. Really??? Missles are just blowin off like theres no tomorrow. Whoa bad choice of words... Sorry you gotta have a sense of humor to deal with the # that goes on in this world.

NASA might be firing at ETs and they don't want us to know. I know paying attention to movies and TV can answer alot of questions. "SKYLINE" is coming out soon. "The Event" on NBC.

Tune In Turn On and Pay the # Attention.

link   
reply to post by johnny2127

I think he is in error.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I was thinking about how the original helicopter eyewitness said the object seemed to be "spiraling" up into the air.

Look at the highlighted section of the photo below, doesn't that look exactly like a spiral/corkscrew? Wouldn't the craft had to have been moving in a spiraling motion to create that type of contrail?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I trust my own experience, knowledge, and logic far more.

my friend, i'm desperately ruined to see the least Logic in your conclusion for current subj.
you just shared very doubtful photos
any video of Surface-to-Air missile launch fails your Logic

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
I was thinking about how the original helicopter eyewitness said the object seemed to be "spiraling" up into the air.

Look at the highlighted section of the photo below, doesn't that look exactly like a spiral/corkscrew? Wouldn't the craft had to have been moving in a spiraling motion to create that type of contrail?

Nice find! GL with the answer...
Must be some kind of optical illusion, again...
edit on 10-11-2010 by Esger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
Out of curiosity my friend, do you mind if I ask you why you readily believe govt reports regardless of past history of govt lying to the public? Not saying this is the case this time for sure, but it should be admitted that it is possible the govt is doing PR with those releases.

When the OBSERVED facts are the same as the Government report... then I consider it highly likely that the report is describing the actual event

Phage is not on the same side of the fence as I am, but this contrail sunset phenomena has been reported MANY times over several years and each time it gets sensational headlines.

I still can't believe how far this went. Perhaps because of all the silly UFO threads here lately everyone was bored

But seriously... I fear for the future of ATS critical thinking and analysis reputation. Saying the government is lying to cover up is one thing, but ignoring facts of physical science in observed effects is another

Surely we can Deny Ignorance a little better?

The single fact that the trail darkens is more than enough to show that the object is moving towards the camera... into the shadow of Earth... not a rocket going UP where it would then be brightly lit by the sun at that altitude

Surely simple physics like that is not beyond the ATS members?

This is one from the link Phage posted Contrail over Orange Count Dec 31 2009

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f2e00efe1e4.jpg[/atsimg]

This is another one from Laguna Beach

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/419326e35abf.jpg[/atsimg]

Must be a whole lot of Mystery Missiles being launched... I guess we are so incompetent that anyone can invade us

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Yes, Noory and Whitley Strieber discussed, and I posted reference to a similar occurrence that happened early this year in Newfoundland here in this same thread. Thought it was interesting the Canadian Gov't response was exactly the same answer we are getting: "No threat, but we don't know what it was".

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Since reading about this story and becoming more and more involved in the possibility here at work i thought i would join ATS and post one quick thought on it. Having served in the USN i have seen missile launches first hand (harpoon) and they do give off similar "trails" as to the video and pictures. The government is always hiding something somewhere somehow and they are masters of spin. So bottom line from the evidence posted in front of me i do see this being a "possible" missile launch. From where and what purpose remains the question.

new topics

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join