It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was God, why did he pray to himself?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

. . .Judaism steadfastly maintains that G-d is incorporeal. . .
And you accept this as being reliable?
Look up the word in Wikipedia and what you find is that it is a term used in Greek philosophy.
How about you look it up in the Bible and see where you can find it, then come back and tell us about it.
This person with this web site you are citing is giving his personal opinion and you should realise there is no more consensus in Judaism than there is in Christianity.

edit on 5-12-2010 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

RR doesn't even understand that Judaism was redefined in the 9th century.

They realized they had a huge problem without a temple, "without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins". They redefined Judaism to be a works-based religion and the Messorites altered the Torah.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I come at you differently from the others.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

To me and many others God has no name and can not have children.

God cannot have children in the sense he is not a physical man but God is the one who creates our own spirits/souls.

God does create life though. since I don't believe in Jesus and accept Jesus in anyway of form I will never accept a view of Jesus from the Old testament

Regarding the nature of God

Yes but what you need to realize is, is that it is men who are saying Jesus is God, only because they recognize Gods voice speaking through him, but Jesus never says he is God and more importantly he makes a distinction between himself and God speaking through him.

God created Jesus in spirit in the beginning and God is the one who creates our own spirits/souls as well, that’s why we are all sons and daughters of God. A man is made up of his flesh and the spirit that resides within him.

I believe that Jesus was made in the beginning, in spirit form, and that it was his spirit that came to live in the man named Jesus. He is Gods son but it has nothing to do with the physical, he’s Gods son in the spiritual.

If you believe that Jesus is Gods son and that he came to testify to Gods word, then Gods nature has not changed…

Or…

God is spirit, so if you believe that God lived and spoke through Jesus, then does that necessarily mean that Gods nature has changed? I would personally say no, it hasn’t changed, because God is still spirit.

- JC

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Yes but what you need to realize is, is that it is men who are saying Jesus is God, only because they recognize Gods voice speaking through him, but Jesus never says he is God and more importantly he makes a distinction between himself and God speaking through him.

Hold on now, Jesus was put to death for blasphemy. You're telling a half-truth, Jesus never claimed to be the FATHER, however, He made numerous claims to His divinity.

That's the reason the Pharisees and high priest condemned Him to death.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I am cool, friend. I haven’t accused anyone of belonging to the synagogue of Satan or fornicating with the harlot of the anti-Christ yet, have I?
Nor do I intend to, as we are only having a discussion and not a debate.

And I appreciate the way you responded to my request. I hope you will respond in the same manner in your future posts. And now I would like to ask you on some points regarding your last post:

He came to do the Father's will, not His own. Even though Jesus is divine, He is also 100% man. He speaks as god, but also speaks as a man. This is the duality of Christ. Jesus will never be the Father, He is the Son, two entire different persons of the Godhead.

The way I understand it, your belief is:

1.Jesus is the Son of God who was spirit in nature before he was sent by the Father to the world. Is that correct?
2.Jesus was only lesser than the Father in terms of power and glory during his time here on earth.
3.Jesus after he ascended to heaven went back to being spirit in nature and retained his power and glory as part of the Godhead.

Please correct me if I got anything wrong. I’ll ask my followup questions after you’ve responded to these.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Everything in the Bible has been interpreted about every way possible and we can benefit by examining what other people have come up with

We can certainly benefit from what other people have come up with but only to the extent that it can help us discern the errors in the different translations of the Bible and not in the sense that we should accept their conclusions and focus on those instead of what the Bible teaches. Because the Bible alone is meant to teach us.
If one seeks an expert on theology, the Bible has the apostles, Jesus Christ, and most important of all, it has God Himself speaking to the reader about the things He wants that person to know and understand. Why should we rely on so-called experts who have conflicting theories themselves regarding theology?
I, for example, can study under different schools of theology and afterward earn the title of being an expert, but an expert according to whose standards? The standards of man? And this is where a person should base his faith? Because according to the Bible, this is where we should base our faith:

“And my teaching and message were not delivered with skillful words of human wisdom, but with convincing proof of the power of God’s Spirit. Your faith, then, does not rest on human wisdom but on God’s power.” (1 Corinthians 2:4-5)

It is not right to base our faith on human wisdom because the Bible isn’t human wisdom but God’s wisdom. And who else appoints a person to teach and explain what is written in the Bible but God Himself? And since there are so many people preaching what is written in the Bible, it is our task to distinguish who among them is guided by the Spirit of God. Every doctrine conveyed by an authorized preacher of God’s words must be proven on firm biblical footing and not relegate the Bible to the background and devote their sermon for the most part in citing personal experiences that highlight the things that are mundane and temporal.

“Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.” (1 John 4:1)

“For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.” (Romans 15:4)

And I’ll get ahead of you by stating that I do not claim to be an authorized preacher of the Bible, rather I learned these things because it was explained to me by those who are.

What I was implying was that there are verses you just pass over

I do not ignore any verse that is posted to me, my friend. If there are instances where it may seem so, it is only because the poster posts so many verses that I cannot address them properly. Give me one verse which you think I passed over and we will discuss it.

I can't think of any church that flatly denies any divinity to Christ.

That is because you don’t search, or rather, you have stopped searching, my friend.

By the way, may I ask you a question? It's okay if you don’t want to answer, but is your faith firmly established already? In other words, that you have already found everything you’ve been looking for? It’s an innocent question so no need to go bashing me again.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

are men invisible? is Spirit? here's these again- Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.-2Cor5

Here is that verse you are quoting from some of the other versions of the Bible:

“Because of this decision we don't evaluate people by what they have or how they look. We looked at the Messiah that way once and got it all wrong, as you know. We certainly don't look at him that way anymore.” (2 Corinthians 5:16 The Message)

“From this time on we do not think of anyone as the world does. In the past we thought of Christ as the world thinks, but we no longer think of him in that way.” (New Century Version)

“So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now!” (New Living Translation)

“So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.” (New International Version)

The verse is telling us that we must not regard anyone from a worldly manner. A lot of people during Christ’s time here on earth measured him by how he looked, by his family background, educational background, and by his social status. That is why many did not take him seriously and regarded him as someone foolish and even possessed by a demon. Notice the first statement in the verse: “we do not think/regard/evaluate anyone from a worldly point of view”, he did not say, “from now on we do not view others as human beings but as spirits”. Because anyone who becomes a part of Christ or is in him, no longer lives a worldly life which is ruled by the principles of this world but rather that person begins to live a "spiritual life", guided by the gospel which Christ taught and lived by. In fact, if we read the succeeding verse it becomes clearer:

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here!”(2 Corinthians 5:17)

It states that if anyone is in Christ then that person is a part of the new creation. And the “new creation” mentioned in it is explained here:

“by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace,” (Ephesians 2:15)

One new man with the head being Christ and the body being his church:

“And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have supremacy.” (Colossians 1:18)

The new creation, the one new man mentioned in Ephesians 2:15 is the church of Christ, which is not a literal man made of flesh and bones but a spiritual man. Notice in 2 Corinthians 5:17 it states that "if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come". It means that if no one is in Christ, then the "one new man" or the new creation will not be created, because Christ, being the head of that "one new man" must have a body or must establish his church in order for that "one new man" to be created.

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a life giving Spirit

This is 1 Corinthians 15:45, and this does not speak of Christ becoming a spirit after his resurrection, rather it tells us that when our body, which is corruptible and mortal, dies and is resurrected, it will be an incorruptible, immortal body. But certainly that person who is resurrected will not be resurrected as a spirit. Because if we understand this verse that Christ was made a spirit, then it would contradict what Christ himself declared to his disciples after he was resurrected:

“While they were telling these things, He Himself stood in their midst and said to them, ‘Peace be to you’. But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit. And He said to them, ‘Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have’.” (Luke 24:36-39)

This is Christ testifying that he is still a man made of flesh and bones and not a spirit. Does the Bible not tell us that Christ is the firstborn among the dead? Since Christ is the firstborn among the dead, then all others who will be resurrected on the day of his return will be resurrected in the same manner that he was. Still human but with a glorious body; incorruptible and immortal.

I cannot find a verse in the Bible where it states that Christ, after he was resurrected, transformed into a spirit when he ascended. If you find any, please post it here, and let us examine it. And please post the exact chapter and verse.
edit on 5-12-2010 by bijouramov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Hold on now, Jesus was put to death for blasphemy. You're telling a half-truth, Jesus never claimed to be the FATHER, however, He made numerous claims to His divinity.

That's the reason the Pharisees and high priest condemned Him to death.

Well, for me, it all goes back to Jesus meeting with the Pharisees at the temple.

In the verse John 10:30, where Jesus says, “I and the Father are one." I believe the Jews misunderstood what Jesus was stating, in that they thought he was saying he was God and therefore accused him of being blasphemous. I believe the Jews misunderstood what Jesus was trying to say, and that was not what Jesus meant, at all.

Further down in the passage, Jesus tries to explain what he meant by “I and the Father are one." By saying… “Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?”. The Jews again tried to seize him, either because they still didn’t accept it or because they considered the term “Son of God” to be blasphemous also.

Matthew 26:62-64
Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, "Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?" But Jesus remained silent.

The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God."

"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.

Jesus admits to being the “son of God” not the Father/God.

You are only right, in the reason the Pharisees condemned Jesus, but that’s only because they wrongly thought he was claiming to be God, because of their previous discussions at the Temple with Jesus. But I believe the Pharisees got it wrong, because Jesus never said he is the Father/God, he only ever says or testifies to being the “Son of God”

It’s also possible that the Pharisees only condemned Jesus for saying he was the “Son of God”, which they probably thought to be blasphemous as well. You see, it’s quite within the realms of possibility, that the Jews actually condemned Jesus for claiming to be the “Son of God”, based on Jesus trial and what was spoken at the temple.

We can’t just take one piece of evidence and let that decide the issue, we have to also take other pieces of evidence into account, to try to give us an overall picture of the truth.

Question:
Where are these numerous claims to divinity, by Jesus in the bible?

If you believe Jesus is divine because he is the “Son of God”, then I agree with you

If you say Jesus is divine because he is the Father/God, then I disagree with you.

- JC

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So none of you guys respect what I believe? I try my best to respect your beliefs. It's just to far fetched for me to believe. You guys understand?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bijouramov

first you set up a straw-man argument, then act like you were not given the right information, then you contradict yourself. So there's nothing for me to address in your post.
Bashing is what I do with attacks on Christianity by people who claim to be Christian and is clearly not by not meeting the minimum requirement to fit the definition. If you want to say you are a supporter of Israel at all costs, then you would at least be honest.
Christians have a known god that has revealed to us everything we need to know about God. Non-Christians may claim to be looking for a future Messiah but a zionist has one already. According to the zionist controlled Supreme Court, a corporation is now to be considered to be a person with all the rights afforded to a person. Now we have a corporate entity sitting in occupied Palestine and this fictional person has the name of a man, Israel.
This entity is a Messiah for the true believers of Zionism which is at odds with the Messiah of the Christians. We have God, thank you very much and I for one do not want to hear about the father of Israel because I already know it is Satan.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Sorry I did not even notice your post.
I was being critical of what you were using to base decisions on.
You can believe whatever you want and people will respect that.
It's kind of like these (usually very young) people who will say, "You're denying my freedom of speech" when what they expected was a right to have people listen to them.
When you impose yourself on others and want them to believe whatever you think they should believe is when people might get a little disrespectful.
Despite what our friend bijouramov says, we want to hear everyone's opinion, otherwise we would not be here. It's just I am concerned about you and I don't want you being misled to think something or other is true because the person saying it has a nice looking web site or something.
As far as far-fetched, just think of it like this: here's a person doing wonderful things and making comments on religion and how to live. Is he of God, or of Satan? If God, then we should pay close attention and take it as God. In the particular case of Jesus, he claimed to be unique from all the people who ever lived, and was from God and returns to God and is to be the intercessor between God and us. By definition, such a person would be a god and don't be fooled into thinking the Jews would never accept that because that is exactly what they believe, just not this particular person.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Very well, then. I can see that there is no point in speaking further with you. I respect your overall opinion, even the indirect accusation of the validity of my Christianity, and I believe that it is for the best that we simply agree to disagree.

With that being said, it is only fitting that I cease from commenting on any of your posts/pose questions to you on this thread and, for the sake of fairness, the same should also be applied to you. I hope you find this agreeable, not only to maintain decorum in this discussion, but also to avoid future misunderstandings between us. I hope you will agree with me in maintaining this agreement for the whole duration of this thread.

Finally, I would like to clarify that I am neither a Jew nor a supporter of Jewish beliefs. I am also not a Muslim. I am not looking for a future Messiah for I acknowledge Jesus as my Messiah regardless of our conflicting beliefs concerning his true nature.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Yeah! I've been following Jewish reports online lately and then lashing out at random people online. I view God and Satan how Jews would view those two characters. To me like I stated earlier God is eternal and perfect. I just believe Satan is an Angel who has no free will and controlled by God to temp people.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I understand that these people think they are Christians.
I disagree.
When you support Israel and think Jesus' return is delayed because there is not a temple in Jerusalem, right where it used to be, they are wrong. This is a big movement the ones under this delusion and they have power and people are afraid of them and will not speak up against it.
Well, that's not me and if I was afraid I would not be calling myself a Christian.
Jesus said "pick up your cross". What he meant was, " tell the truth and confront evil where you find it, despite the consequences."
bijouramov, just because you have no argument to defend this position, don't think that I do not have a right to point that out. I say you are not a Christian if you deny Christ, and how can it ever be otherwise?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Well, your thread is basically asking if Jesus should be considered a god/God when he was clearly praying to someone whom he referred to as the only true God; a God who does not recognize other gods and does not even recognize their very godhood which he declares as false. I think you already know my answer to that, friend. We have at least that particular point where we can agree with each other. We part ways where you move on with your belief that Jesus is not the Christ, while I move on with my own truth, that while I believe that Christ is a man, I also believe that the only true God Almighty exalted him to His right hand, and gave him the authority and power to bring judgment and salvation to the world.

Hope that answers your question.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
reply to post by Rustami

Well, that’s been debated for a long time and is something I have researched; I personally believe Gods name to be Yahweh, although I could be wrong. I have looked at the grammatical considerations for Gods real name but it is extremely complicated.

I heard a voice speaking audibly yet seeing no one, one night that said "I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish"- so when the scriptures show Jesus saying "Name of my Father"- Jesus is what I heard in my own language

we hear each in our own language in which we were born-Acts2

He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.-Luke1

the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus for he shall save his people from their sins.Matt1

Secondly, the verse states in a round about way, that Jesus is equal to God. But Jesus says the exact opposite to that, when he say’s in John 14:28 that “the Father is greater than I”

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant-Phil2

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..The same was in the beginning with God..And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us-John1

What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?-John6

In your opinion, how and in what way, is Jesus equal to God?

this voice I heard happened at an exact moment that literally saved my life, before I knew any scriptures and in fact had ridiculed everything God and specifically Christian before this

who can forgive sins but God alone?-Mk2

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.-John8

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen-1Tim1

edit on 5-12-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Originally posted by Rustami
I heard a voice speaking audibly yet seeing no one, one night that said "I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish"- so when the scriptures show Jesus saying "Name of my Father"- Jesus is what I heard in my own language

Yes, I believe your testimony; I also have heard God’s voice, twice. The first time I heard the Lords prayer and the second time I was asked a question. The question led me on a journey to discovering Jesus in the Bible.

Originally posted by Joecroft
Secondly, the verse states in a round about way, that Jesus is equal to God. But Jesus says the exact opposite to that, when he say’s in John 14:28 that “the Father is greater than I”

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant-Phil2

I see Jesus being the “Son of God”, he came from a high position to come here and testify to Gods word and did indeed make himself a humble servant.

But in answer to my question above, I assume you quote Phil2, because you believe that God came down and made himself a humble servant. So I guess you believe that Jesus new he was God/Father but decided to humble himself by not telling anyone about it, is that what you believe?

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..The same was in the beginning with God..And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us-John1

That first line verse in Genesis has two possible other translations, which go as follows, “the word was a God” or “the word was divine.”

But if you think about it, the verse goes from describing the word as being with God, to suddenly jumping to saying, “the word was God”, which doesn’t make much grammatical sense.

who can forgive sins but God alone?-Mk2

All Jesus authority came from God himself.

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.-John8

Jesus was there with God/Father in the beginning, so Jesus can still say the words “before Abraham was, I am”, because he came before everyone else, along with God.

- JC

edit on 5-12-2010 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

you're avoiding the question again I ask describe what Paul heard but did not see
here are some translations of Acts9.4

he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus-KJV

He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul! Saul! Why are you persecuting me?”
“Who are you, lord?” Saul asked. And the voice replied, “I am Jesus-NLT

As he fell to the ground, he heard a voice: "Saul, Saul, why are you out to get me?" He said, "Who are you, Master?" "I am Jesus-TM

Now the Lord is that Spirit-2Cor3 in every translation near exact

and here?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God-John5

the LORD shall cause his glorious voice to be heard-Is30

See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven, whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, “Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven.”-Heb12

The verse is telling us that we must not regard anyone from a worldly manner. A lot of people during Christ’s time here on earth measured him by how he looked, by his family background, educational background, and by his social status. That is why many did not take him seriously and regarded him as someone foolish and even possessed by a demon. Notice the first statement in the verse: “we do not think/regard/evaluate anyone from a worldly point of view”, he did not say, “from now on we do not view others as human beings but as spirits”. Because anyone who becomes a part of Christ or is in him, no longer lives a worldly life which is ruled by the principles of this world but rather that person begins to live a "spiritual life", guided by the gospel which Christ taught and lived by. In fact, if we read the succeeding verse it becomes clearer

there is more going on with the word "world" also, here are just a few

But he who is married cares about the things of the world—how he may please his wife.-Luke7

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.-John3

The new creation, the one new man mentioned in Ephesians 2:15 is the church of Christ, which is not a literal man made of flesh and bones but a spiritual man. Notice in 2 Corinthians 5:17 it states that "if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come". It means that if no one is in Christ, then the "one new man" or the new creation will not be created, because Christ, being the head of that "one new man" must have a body or must establish his church in order for that "one new man" to be created.

so you say now the body of Christ is a Spirit man but not man of flesh and bones literally? is He invisible? where does He dwell? is it man created? do you not keep saying Christ was a man of flesh and bones only that died?

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.-John1

Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet-Acts7

ah yes here a few posts back you said Christ died and as if not raised eternally-

Finally, the Almighty God is immortal and since He declared that He does not change, it is impossible to accept that He can die or that He will even contemplate to experience death for awhile, for whatever reason. In Christ's case, well, he died.

Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.-Rom6

Again the high priest asked Him, Are You the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One), the Son of the Blessed?
And Jesus said, I AM; and you will [all] see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power (the Almighty) and coming on the clouds of heaven.-Mk14

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.-Rev1

This is 1 Corinthians 15:45, and this does not speak of Christ becoming a spirit after his resurrection, rather it tells us that when our body, which is corruptible and mortal, dies and is resurrected, it will be an incorruptible, immortal body. But certainly that person who is resurrected will not be resurrected as a spirit. Because if we understand this verse that Christ was made a spirit, then it would contradict what Christ himself declared to his disciples after he was resurrected:

There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly.As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.-1Cor15

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.-Dan12

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.-1Tim1

“While they were telling these things, He Himself stood in their midst and said to them, ‘Peace be to you’. But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit. And He said to them, ‘Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have’.” (Luke 24:36-39)

for I am not yet ascended to my Father-John20

And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.-Acts1

I cannot find a verse in the Bible where it states that Christ, after he was resurrected, transformed into a spirit when he ascended. If you find any, please post it here, and let us examine it. And please post the exact chapter and verse.

God is Spirit-John4

The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice.-John3

the Spirit and the Bride-Rev22
edit on 5-12-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You got the first and second right, but Jesus was resurrected with a glorified body. He's referred to the firstborn of the resurrection, He now has a glorified body.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

In the verse John 10:30, where Jesus says, “I and the Father are one." I believe the Jews misunderstood what Jesus was stating, in that they thought he was saying he was God and therefore accused him of being blasphemous. I believe the Jews misunderstood what Jesus was trying to say, and that was not what Jesus meant, at all.

If that was the case don't you think it would have been easier for Him to clarify their misunderstanding rather than allow Himself to be crucified without uttering a word in defense of Himself?

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join