It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank systems down!?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
HSBC down for sytem upgrades....hmmm why so many doing the same.

www.hsbc.ca... n

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Could this all have to do with not only routine maintenance, but also the time change tonight? I tried to log into my school (online schooling for graduate studies) and their website was completely borked after a certain point and wouldn't let me onto my class page to submit the rest of my papers tonight.

Here's to hoping that's ironed out by tomorrow morning though!

Edit: As a side note, no problem logging into BofA online banking here.
edit on 7-11-2010 by Fiscal because: Logged onto BofA just fine to transfer some money just a moment ago.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
my online is back up and all seems fine
I guess daylight savings time coupled with routine maintenance, coupled with seeing this thread (checking on sat night)- could have been all it was. We will see. Hopefully back to business as usual

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
In case my first post was missed, I would like to remind all that tonight was the time change, and saturday night it is totally not unusual to not be able to access your online banking account, that is maintenance and it is usually down until 6 or 7 am sunday morning. I really don't think anything is going on with the banks other than what I have mentioned.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I cannot see why posters would be banned from this thread due to the fact we are tlaking aboout possible gliches, upgrades, attack?, NWO? etc. Could it be possible the GLP thread was primarily focusing on talk mostly against gov?
If so, then I could see why it could be banned.
As I said, my threads are to try and keep an open mind to any possible cause, or to what could be coming.
Maybe folks at the GLP thread may have been getting heated up or emotional? That would difeinately be good cause to close a thread without a doubt.
I am trying to check my threads and try to ask folks to refrain from strong criticism, etc, so there will be no strong emotions or things getting out of control.

Things in our world and lives right now feel overwhelming sometimes, and seems to be out of control. but at least in my threads, I want folks to come here and keep it as open minded as possible.
I will not tolerate trouble especially in these posts which can spark up with already tense people.

I do not know for sure if mods are checking these two threads, but if they are not, I am hoping folks try to remind one another that this topic must remain calm as possible for many reasons, and if there is anyone who is angry, or upset about something, I strongly encourage the person to take a break away from the computer screen for a few minutes, take a breather, then return with a better focus and more calm.

People are out there losing their jobs, homes, businesses, and these two threads may reveal either something that will make us say "Whew! So that's what is was!" or Oh man, I didn't see that comin".
I am hoping to gladly say "Whew!"

but if by some remote (or unremote) chance it isnt good news, then the beest way to deal with such a thing is dealing with it together, and how we can try and help eachother through it.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

That has been adressed, also its 5 pm on sunday here in Asia.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Does anyone recall if the timechange may have quirked things out?
I remember working at a major hotel (BIG one), I was an operator, and EVERY year, a certain day in March ( or was it May?), the computers would go down, I mean capoot. We had to do EVERYTHING by hand, calls, messages, check-ins, check-outs, methods/amounts of payments, the works. It was a nightmare every year.
They called that particular day by a specific name, and I can't remember it now.

I dont know if it was effecting just that hotel, the chain, or all other hotels as well.
Talk about panic in a nutshell....LOL but we had prepared a few days ahead for that horrible day, and had PLENTY of paper and pens.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

There was no extreme talk going on in the thread. People were just detailing what was going on and all of the sudden the thread froze and disappeared and then after about 10 or 15 minutes the thread reappeared and people who were posting on it prior to disappearing were banned. I am using an IP Hider there right now and am able to confirm with someone else who is using an IP Hider that they were also banned. Very strange and have never seen anything like that happen over there before.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Hello ATS, I have been lurking here for the last two years, this brought me out of the shadows though. I've been working in the L.A and San Diego areas for the last two months now, and living out of hotels. I had to go deposit money at Wells Fargo in Studio City, Ca today. When I got there, there were two guys outside the doors who asked why I was there, they told me I couldn't go in, and told me the banks systems were down everywere. I am not so worried about the end coming this week, However I see this as a poke in the ribs to gauge public reaction. I expect more and more of these small inconviences. I wont preach here in my first reply, but no this dosen't smell right...... It stinks to the heavens above. I think that whatever plans have been in place have been speed up, and its getting sloppy. Watch your backs my friends, and prepare now, better 10 years to early than five minutes too late. Time to get off the grid I think.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Longwalker

Well, as a safety, I posted in the other thread, that if any thing was to basically turn up gone or if something happens to ATS site for some reason, then EVERYONE will know for surethe gig is up.

If the threads are being monitored, I want them to see special things, such as people trying to figure out the answer to a mystery (just like alot of other threads), talking civil and remaining in control even through what could appear as a stressful time, and most of all see people not only can work on something together, but learn alot along the way about ourselves.

so as long as folks remain level-headed and even throw a bit of humor in, it really shows what ATS members are all about. I am happy to add there are members from all over the world, (MY people, YOUR people) responding, taking notice, showing they care, and willing to try and figure out something whether it could be good or bad.

Thanks for being here, longwalker.

I am going to go to sleep, both my knees joints have been burnin for quite a while. Goodnight to everyone who has and will be posting.
Hopefully by Tuesday, there will be more posts aboout things back to normal.
But if things seem to be the same or worse, I am sure we can make it through (sometimes whether we like it or not, sometimes we don't have a choice). It would just be greater to handle it with any bit of understanding we can get.
It is officially Sunday morning, enjoy your weekend REGARDLESS.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
oops my mistake.
edit on 7-11-2010 by nittin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

Hotel auditor here, no problems transmitting credit card transactions. In previous years on the night of time change the software was not prepared for the time change, it has since been updated to accomodate it. I sat here and watched the time change from 2am back to 1am tonight (ugh).

I am glad to see that some ATSers are on top of the situation, however I don't feel there is a real 'situation' going on here. But it's good to know if there was, I would probably be one of the first to know thanks to ATS.

As for GLP, I was banned from that site for posting a link to ATS.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I live in Cedar Rapids Iowa and since around midday I havent been able to log into my bank. I thought hell maybe it was some upgrades but now with everyone else coming out and saying it does kinda feel weird. I bank at Guaranty Bank.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I just checked online with citi and its fine. Sunday Afternoon where I live, but citi account is stateside - so that makes it what? very early Sunday morning I think.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I had a post about two months ago regarding the extreem down time nationwide with online banking at Chase:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The total down time extended over three days! During the course of that interchange Chase would give no explanation and many had their online payments delayed and fees charged. A poster commented that he had done IT work for Chase as a contractor and it seemed to him most of the IT people at Chase were somewhat incompetent. Chase sent an email later saying they were sorry and would stand the cost of the fees, etc.

One wonders if these are just random happenings or perhaps a test to see the public reaction to a loss of services situation such as would occur should a national bank closing happen for some emergency situation. Since so many of these are happening at the same time, caution may be in order for your own safety.

After the Chase affair, I transfered my checking to a local Credit Union that I've been a member of for 40+ years. My savings and IRA accounts are there as well. I also stashed in a secure but available location a goodly sum of cash. I have accumulated a supply of emergency water and freeze-dried foods over the last three years. I have a "bug out bag" loaded and complete should I have to exit my local area, and some silver coins for barter should the currency become worthless.

Am I paranoid? Maybe, but I am a prepared paranoid. You should be too!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I have read a channeled message before saying that the big banks connected to global fraud will be closed. The small regional banks will be safe. Hopefully this is the start of that event. They will be reopened though but under new management that is really after the welfare of the people.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Reading this thread the last 15 minutes I decided to check my bank online (I live in the Netherlands, Europe)

ING bank says from 6 November 20.00 hours until Sunday 24.00 hours there is maintenance on the website (?)
Some of the (my) saving accounts are not available.

Dont know, just wanted to let you know.
I am gonna check other banks here today see whats happening.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I received a global message (within the non-financial company I work for) that systems were going down for a few hours due to the time change this weekend to avoid issues in the computer database with the time change. It is routine downtime due to the time change. However the time change didn't always occur at this time of the year so maybe longer downtime is needed. Anyway I expected many computer systems to have downtime with the time change. I wouldn't be too concerned about a few scattered outages unless systems are still down on Monday. I may be more used to disruptions in service where I live at so I may not be noticing anything.

One time a bank ATM gave me several hundred dollars too much money. I took the money since I thought they would track it to my card. I drove 15 minutes out of my way to go to a branch and reported the problem. I thought that was fair since one time a teller took $400 out of my account from someone else's withdrawal and they corrected that. Someone in town had the same first and last name and the teller made a mistake. I was wondering if the malfunctioning ATM machine that gave me too much money could have pinched my finger off. There was a piece of metal that clamped down rather hard after I took the money out. I had to reach in to get the money and then a second or two later, it clamped down hard like a press. I felt lucky to have all of my fingers. I didn't realize ATM's could be dangerous. I almost always use ATM's at the bank now especially with some people using card scammers at stand alone ATM's. If the ATM doesn't look right, don't use it, it could be set up with a fake front so some people can scam your card. That could be another reason for an ATM machine not to work correctly. Someone could have illegally added something to it and that could result in your ATM card information getting stolen.

I forgot to add that someone at the bank told me others reported that the same ATM that gave me extra, shorted them by several hundred dollars. By doing the right thing and turning the money in, the bank clerks believed the people not getting money even though withdrawals were showing up on their cards. Someone told me the numbers matched up. It's possible the camera and lights at the stand alone ATM were not working either. It was rather dark at the ATM. I did not want a visit by the police either saying that I took money that wasn't charged to my card. Of course I did not want to leave several hundred dollars just sitting in an ATM machine for whomever to pick up.
edit on 7-11-2010 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
My local bank (The Dime Bank) on-line is down. Not for system maintenance...they give notice for that. The message read something about "could not connect to authentication server". No big deal, but that is kinda weird.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I have heard that most of the Nationwide Banks are connected by the Iridium constellation of satellites
that handle the money flow & parts of the ATM systems.

The BoA might have had a glitch happening..and, having a proper ID is normal for cashing checks,
what was so unnatural that a teller said what was said about the BoA system being down...

couldn't they verify that you had a current account at BoA or what?

[size=-3]footnote: perhaps the teller only wanted to ingraciate themself with you
for the coming christmas season of sharing

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join