It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank systems down!?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Went to Bank of America to cash my small check, teller told me the system is down. I was able to get my cash with proper two forms of ID.

After I got home, I got to wondering what would they have told me if I needed to withdraw alot of money from my account.
I am in Northern CA, and just wondering if the same is happening anywhere else today.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please avoid using "TXT Messaging Shorthand" for words when posting on AboveTopSecret.com and AbovePolitics.com, such as "4" for the word "for" or "u" for the word you. Common "Internet Slang" acronyms such as "LOL" and "ROFLMA" are acceptable, but should still be used sparingly and never in Titles.

edit on 11/7/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I would like to add, the ONLY time my bank had their computers down was when there was power out, and they had to close the doors soon.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Did they also take a picture of you, or fingerprints?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

I bank at BoA. I'm in GA and had no issues. I used the ATM today as well as used Bill Pay.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yep same problem here, all banks are down. It is very strange all across the world today, something is gonna happen.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Im in norcal as well. Ill see if anyone else had issues.
I use BoA as well. (Yes i know, evil bastards.)

Authenticity: Where are you located?

edit on 11/6/2010 by TasteTheTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I use chase and every sat between 10 pm and 3 am none of my cards ever work.. The bank denies this is possible but my accounts always show a zero balance at that time.Darn annoying.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I was just about to post about this. My girlfriend said the same thing. BoA. Socal.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
More info:
This might be relevant.

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — Federal regulators on Friday closed four banks, bringing the total number of failures this year in the U.S. to 143. Two banks in California, Western Commercial Bank in Woodland Hills and First Vietnamese American Bank in Westminster, were shut down. Their assets will be sold to healthier financial institutions, according to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Western Commercial had $101.1 million in deposits and First Vietnamese $47 million. Regulators also closed two larger banks in Maryland and Washington state. K Bank, based in Randallstown, Md., had $500.1 million in deposits as of Sept. 30, while Tacoma, Wa.-based Pierre Commercial Bank totaled $193.5 million in deposits. The failure of the four banks will cost the federal deposit-insurance fund a combined $254.5 million. Hundreds of banks have failed over the past few years after a banking crisis in 2007 and the severe recession that followed.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Just checked BoA's website.
Seems like they have a new login page, but aside from that all my data is correct and I just made a transfer.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I went to the ice cream shop today and they were out of cookie dough ice cream

so I went to the other place and they were out to.
something is up here
But seriously, some banks have a computer issue and panic sets in?
fear sure is in the air..
I do know that steve ballmer sold 75 million of his microsoft shares yesterday,.
Maybe he knows something

edit on 6-11-2010 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Went in to cash my check today....
Wells Fargo, Arizona...Was told their
systems were down. Was looking to
see if a thread had been started. WTF

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hi, all. Checking in from Los Angeles. I was talking to my niece on the phone this afternoon. She went into a Wells Fargo in Culver City in Los Angeles, Inglewood area today, and was told the "system" was down. They said they didn't know when it would be back up. She needed her rent money!

She didn't think to ask if the outage was only at that branch or system-wide. Hmmmmm

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Makes you go hummm...
What is Monday going to be like?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
there was a planned bunk run today the 7th nov
people were going to protest and remove all money causing a bank run in many europeain countrys
mabey america decided to protect her banks incase it spread to there?

xploder

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Don't know if it's happening in Australia but it's unlikely.
I never have any money in my account anyway. feel better having cash or items stashed in my room rather than money sitting in my account.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I've used my debit card several times today and logged on to my banks website...

no problems at all today

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

American 'protection of banks'? Did you vote for that? Sorry, that was impudent, I don't really think you actually believe it prudent for governments to prevent people removing their personal resources from the repository! It's late, I'm tired and I would like to see the whole stinking banking system wiped off the face of the Earth.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Friend is a teller. She was sent home early today b/c computers were down.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I sold all my shares in cardboard yesterday. I bought in at $0.16 a ton in '76....now it's up to $0.20/ton....I had 11 tons stored in an old Greyhound bus....do the math..... (credits to Steve M BTW)

But siriusly, I don't do the markets anymore, too many inside players and manipulators trying to use us because they think we're stoopid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join