It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank systems down!?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Being an asst manager on the other side of the register, counter, computer....these things happen and they are just as frustrating for us as they are for you...and remember. the folks on the other side are really one of you too.

We have become so dependant on computers that when a connection goes bad, a modem shorts, someone doing maintainance pulls the wrong plug, a cloud blocks the satellite...etc...stuff does happen... then all hell breaks loose.

Multiply this by all the millions of interconnections of banks to retail outlets to wholesalers to distributers and back to your home PC... just like a wreck on the interstate, doesn't take long to back up traffic for miles.

Nothing is more frustrating than trying to ring up a transaction, the customer has swiped their card...and nothing is happening... the help desk is overrun with calls...nothing. People are backed up by now, looking pissed off...the other register is doing nothing too... and everyone turns to you ..."So what are you going to do?"

Yup, it sucks big time.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Being an asst manager on the other side of the register, counter, computer....these things happen and they are just as frustrating for us as they are for you...and remember. the folks on the other side are really one of you too.

We have become so dependant on computers that when a connection goes bad, a modem shorts, someone doing maintainance pulls the wrong plug, a cloud blocks the satellite...etc...stuff does happen... then all hell breaks loose.

Multiply this by all the millions of interconnections of banks to retail outlets to wholesalers to distributers and back to your home PC... just like a wreck on the interstate, doesn't take long to back up traffic for miles.

Nothing is more frustrating than trying to ring up a transaction, the customer has swiped their card...and nothing is happening... the help desk is overrun with calls...nothing. People are backed up by now, looking pissed off...the other register is doing nothing too... and everyone turns to you ..."So what are you going to do?"

Yup, it sucks big time.

And I keep asking my self... Why we have made our lives like this? Why we pay with something made out of paper for the things the world is giving us free?
But then I go even more deep... why we kill eachother... why is there crime, hate... if only we had worked all together with love to eachother and had forced all our powers for technological and spiritual progress... how far we would be right now...
Unfortunately I get the feeling we belong in different species from some others.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Didn't read the whole thread ... thought I'd post this ... hope it's not posted already

Steve Quayle warns of 'bank holiday' for November 11

Yesterday I received a call that should alarm for even the most "comatose in La La Land". A pastor known to the gentleman who called me had been called into a very prominent East Coast bank to tell the pastor by one of its top people at the bank that a bank holiday is coming as early as Nov 11.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
All the banks are shut here today coz it's a Sunday & the online banking seems to be working fine.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
My banking is working fine though its not a top of the line branch like Boa etc.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki
reply to post by peter_kandra

Hi peter, and thank you for your post.
Could it be possible regarding New World Order, for almost all financial institutions to try and "tie in" and be connected to a single mainframe/matrix (not sure what to call it)

My two threads are not to scare people but to try to hopefully slow or stop something if we can help it, or do something about it. We must take all consideration of any possible thing that could make the bank systems either go quirky, or get people to become more alert if something is amiss.

This is my version of home land security.....and hopefully peace of mind in the long run.

I hear you. I'm not an overly paranoid person, and I certainly wouldn't put anything past the realm of possibility. I just don't see how something of this scale would be able to pulled off. The whole country would grind to a halt. Businesses would shut down, people would not go to work. I don't see the logic behind what that would result in. I think with the prevelence of instant information on hand and fed to us 24/7, our collective concious has become collectively paranoid. Another poster mentioned that maybe the financial system was hacked. I would put more credence into that theory than something more sinister. If you ever look at the stats on your computers security software, you'll see hundreds of attempts to connect to it from all over the world. The military's computers are attacked hundreds of thousands of times a day. I'm sure that banking systems are too. With everything interconnected, it wouldn't surprise me if a local issue quickly escalated, or was brought off-line to prevent further damage.. I guess we'll all see tomorrow when mobs of people attempt to withdraw tons of money! I am still interested in how people think something like this would logistically work if a more sinister plot was in play.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It is Veterans Day on November 11th and the banks are recognizing it so the branches will be closed. They call it a "Bank Holiday" because while the branches will be closed the corporate offices are still operating.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
No problems for me in the UK. Just got some cash out of the machine today.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

Something is indeed going on, I went to my Local branch bank and their were two dark colored vehicles with tinted windows parked by the front doors, I did not bother to make a U-Turn I drove up on the grass and into the street at full speed. I will go back Monday and attempt to cash my check again unless something happens between now and then.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

A number of top financial companies and banks such as Wells Fargo, Bank of America and USAA are rushing out updates to fix security flaws in wireless banking applications that could allow a computer criminal to obtain sensitive data like usernames, passwords and financial information.

www.foxnews.com... sh-fix-security-flaws-wireless-apps/#content

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Went to Bank of America to cash my small check,

theres where you went wrong.

why do people still use these banks??

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
There was a post on another thread with a link to www.stevequayle.com...

That he was reporting on a pastor of a church was called into a bank by an executive of a bank (Probably one of his parishoners) and was told there could be a bank holiday as early as November 11 stevequayle.com...

"Yesterday I received a call that should alarm for even the most "comatose in La La Land". A pastor known to the gentleman who called me had been called into a very prominent East Coast bank to tell the pastor by one of its top people at the bank that a bank holiday is coming as early as Nov 11.

The bank official has been friends with this pastor for a long time. The only thing that was said, was for the pastor to realize that once the banks reopened, that all withdrawals by checks would be limited to $500 per week - no matter what the balance in the account is. No period of Time for the length of the Banks closures were given. Coupled with information posted last year on this site from major Mid-west banking consortium it dovetails perfectly."

Very interesting....

LIMA

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Post to the OP, what would have happened was that the amount would not be relative to what YOU think is a large amount but to what your historic pattern of withdrawals is...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
My debit card through BoA was denied twice yesterday. First time that's ever happened. Had plenty of money in the account..

Orlando, FL

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by turbokid

Went to Bank of America to cash my small check,

theres where you went wrong.

why do people still use these banks??

Yes, stop using the banks! Apply pressure to employers to start making employee payments in, dare I say it? CASH or GOLD.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Thanks for the post--I honestly think you may have solved our problem, I would be interested to see if the satellites were down--or maybe there was an issue with communication due to the solar activity? Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
In regards to the threads over at GLP.....I noticed it was gone last night as well. When I woke up this morning and read what was going on here I jumped over there to take a look. Thread is back BUT there is another huge thread about this subject that has been pinned.

As far as what was going on in the thread that had been "deleted".....nothing was going on. That was what was so wierd. After the first BS flags were flown and there was some validation made to the info people were just contributing to the thread as to if they had a problem or if they were not having a problem. No bashing....really mainly facts. I hope same doesn't happen here.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Could any kind of system down time be due to Stuxnet?

Haven't heard much more about Stuxnet or what it's actually supposed to do but it crossed my mind that it could cause havoc by affecting the banking industries computers and ATMs.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
there was a planned bunk run today the 7th nov
people were going to protest and remove all money causing a bank run in many europeain countrys
mabey america decided to protect her banks incase it spread to there?

xploder

7th DECEMBER dude.

i know because im thinking about participating.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It's amazing to see how dependent we are on money. It's upsetting that our species has become so addicted to greed that if a bank is closed for a Day, our lives are in a panic mode.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join