It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank systems down!?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I have been trying to do transfers all night since midnight, its 5 am here now and I cant access RBS here in the UK, also my wife is out on the town for a birthday, she couldn't withdraw taxi fare home from any ATM's either can her friend using a different bank, I have just put the last of my cash by the door so she can pay when she gets home.

I hope this is not a big deal, I am getting me new car on Monday, and need a cash payment.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by anm71

you posted
Anyway...back to topic....IF this turns out to be anything what do you think we could experience between now and Monday. With banks being closed on Monday do you think people will continue sitting on their couches waiting on the fix or do you think people may start panicking a bit before Tuesday?

I feel when word gets out, yes, of course some people will panic......Way too many will still continue to shake their heads, sit on their couches and look for handouts if something does happen.

I remember Aesops Fables....About the Ant and the Grasshopper.
It is not only a fable, but is a fact of life, and in so many ways, true.....
those folks who think ahead, and prepare just to have security and safety for themselves and/or families, will do it regardless of what the rest of the herd says or thinks.
But those folks who did not prepare, will be the first ones knocking on the doors of those who did.
Not saying you not be kind and help another person out, but I am going to tell you, you must then go with your vibes-----You can give something to someone truly sincere and even grateful to have your aid to get them by, but REMEMBER this, there are way too many who will take not only all your supplies, but may take your life as well because of desperation.
Believe, people will and have done things out of desperation.....survival in hard times is exactly that, survival.
there will be no such thing as love and light, then.

I think we all here need to keep our eyes and ears open.
One great thing I am seeing right now is
People being more alert. That is the key. Be alert.

The two words: DENY IGNORANCE can be taken two ways:
Deny the ignorance you are witnessing or surrounded by
or
Deny your own ignorance when surrounded by the obvious.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
reply to post by sosuemetoo

And what I can't understand is how regular bank systems being all haywire affect the food stamp/welfare cards. I get an awkward feeling I'm about to be told BoA or Wells Fargo is making money off of our social service programs...

I was on unemployment a few years ago when they started using cards instead of sending checks, and from what I recall, they contracted with Chase to handle our deposits and transactions.. I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same for food stamp cards, but wouldn't know for sure.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I'm in waaay South Texas, and I bank with a very regional credit union. I just went online and had no problems logging in, but in the home page there was this message:

Visa Debit Card Network - Technical Difficulties

You may experience transaction declines until the Visa Network has resolved the errors.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I am honestly going to tell you, if Monday, you try to get the money for your car is still a difficulty, I would strongly suggest you hold off on that car until you know FOR SURE will not only have enough money to purchase/put down payment on car AND be certain you will be able to make the monthly payments.

I do not know what would happen if this really goes down, if people made large purchases and suddenly cant produce the funds.....Another really important thing comes to mind,
just stick with me here for a moment:
If the banks continue according to rumor, etc, and people are not able to withdraw more than XX amount per week, I would be watching the big places right away.....If nothing is happening to, say, Walmart, and Walmart is still business as usual, then the hit is on us "little people" and Walmart is part of the grabber game.

I remember when there were other banks in dire straights and going deeper, Goldman Sucks was skyrocketing in profits. That is the type of things you look for. Like they say, "Follow the money".

If this goes on as a real thing for sure, you can count on total chaos....I suggest the first sign you know for sure the game is on, make sure you literally arm yourselves and protect yourselves and DO NOT go out into the streets, and keep yourselves andfamily low profile to get from point A to point B.
The systems down still could be some kind of temporary "glich", and you never know, this actuall may be how the elite will test the public to see how they react, so they will know what to do when the BIG ONE comes along.

All I can say is, it is very difficult not to panic or be frightened especially when it comes to having family to worry for.....but it would be great to do some little practice "drills" of your own with your family....If your kids are real young, make the drill a really cool game and reward them only when they practice the drill as instructed. Then, if something really does turn for the worse, call out your "drill", and the young'uns will want to do it to perfection. One less worry, and a whole bunch less fear. If someone wants to play that age old game of hurting us, then we should play the age old game of protecting ourselves and reducing the hurt dished out.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread, but I am worried about this as I read the latest shape of things to come report/and urban survival daily and this is exactly the way they said it would start to happen. It wouldn't be something big on the 6th but probably financial and related to banks would start showing up.

of predictions if anyone actually read the shape of things to come report, this turning point is pretty much exactly unfolding as they predicted it to happen.
FYI I had issues with my bank earlier this week due to a computer glitch about taking out cash.(from a teller) It caused an overdraft charge, which is odd, when I called they said there was a problem with the computer and that accounts were posting as a zero balance instead of what actually was there.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
ok.. went to 3 of my banking websites and 2 of them actually were "down for maintenance". interesting,
. Chase.com and fidelity.com were my sites... i find that veddy veddy interesting...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I wonder if it is possible that our financial systems were attacked?
Anything is possible....Dang this is getting creepier.
We at first would think we are being ripped off by the banks, and later find out another country did the actual attack and and caused total chaos between people and government, etc.

I have heard that 911 was an inside job, and the finger was deviously pointed to another (innocent)direction....Well....
What if that favor was just paid back?
makes ya think.
Hey that's a good thing to think...much better than being in a stupor, right.
I have seen the light!
(hey, gotta add a bit of humor, too, regardless how events may be)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by maddogron

Yep mines down as well key.com

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
My bank shuts down it's systems every saturday for approx 6 hrs, maintenance. Some of the computers down today may be due to the fall time change. Like here at work, we had to be down for a time while our systems were set for the new hour. My bank is up and running as usual after their shutdown for maintenance.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Ok, There is another thread I am going to start. I will post back and tell you what it is. I would like folks to visit it.
This is getting down to the knitty gritty.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It all has to do with the banks getting their systems ready for the time change!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
well most of my banks online system is back up, still cannot use Bill Pay feature, posted balance shows correct, yet available balance shows "not available" on both personal accounts and my corporation account. Hope all is strait come Monday morning, I do have a business to run.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Normally when I read this type of thread I usually just shrug it off but this time I decided to log into my account at Royal Bank of Canada in British columbia just to see.

Guess what? I got a "We are experiencing temporary problems. Please try again later."

Now I am kind of creeped out. Coinkydink maybe???

It is Saturday night at 23:04 (clock not turned back yet)

I also visited the bank around noon today to withdraw by ATM and had no problems.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I just did a search on Twitter... Multiple "tweeters" there also reporting non-operable ATMs, declined transactions, even going into the bank branch itself limited transactions. I hope this is just some kind of glitch - but I don't ever remember banking transaction problems occurring because of a time change.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
yeah, well I was able to withdraw money fine from the bank, but it then showed up as an overdraft (email notification) and I had plenty in there to cover what I withdrew. When I called the manager said this had affected many people as their available balances showed as zero. She said she fixed it, but who really knows? I can't check online to verify.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bryan2006

I live in BC Canada and could not withdraw from the ATM saying my balance was 0.00$. Yet I was able to use it at the store.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I bank at both key and chase no problem using either to check online both working. Used the key card multiple times today most recent 2.5 hrs ago. Don't know what everyones problem is, perhaps some people aren't being honest????? Feeding the fear monger machine???

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Mine is out too. Large southwestern regional bank I have not seen listed yet. No mention of Daylight Savings in the maintainence message. Just it was down and would be back at 7 am CST.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I used my card many times today and it was fine as well, The online bank is down for me now at key
The problem I had was different-

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join