It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something that looked like a missile over Phoenix.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I didn't really get nuclear event in India from your OP so i don't understand. and this "friend" says what you saw war a friendly space ship. So why are you telling everyone it's a missile?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bigwall79

Are you sure it wasn't a hologram?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigwall79
i also live and work in scottsdale, and i saw the plume in the sky as i was leaving work tonight. i followed it up to its end point, where i clearly saw an aircraft creating it.

The contrail began to fade perceptibly at altitude. We also tried to follow it, but perhaps lost track as we didn't see anything that had wings or lights.

The notion of a missile launch is improbable, unless Luke AFB is doing something they normally don't do.

I'm sticking with a single military aircraft on a very steep climb at incredibly full thrust. The speed and rapid altitude gain (combined with the long-lingering plume) really did look missile-like.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lyrian
Event + Imagination = Non-Event
No politician in this World would ever go near a contaminated site, please use some commonsense please please

Going out on a limb here, but if your gonna question one faccet of the facts, you might as well consider that "Obama" isn't taking politicians or businessmen but American Ninja's

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
reply to post by bigwall79

Are you sure it wasn't a hologram?

in the sense that it looked like a plane with blinky lights on it? sure i guess. but seeing that the plume was several miles long, and there isn't mass rioting in the streets and people setting stuff on fire, then no, i don't believe it was any sort of hologram to create panic. that work?
edit on 6-11-2010 by bigwall79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Anyway, I'll ask my Indian friend later today if anything happened, if someone set of a nuclear missile in a silo on purpose, he should know about it.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by MrWendal
I do not see this as "the rest of the OPs story crumbles" I think SO's pics and account of what he saw adds more credibility to the OPs story. Clearly he saw something and described it and photographed it. Just as his story claims.

So now that his initial story has been confirmed, why is it not possible that the rest of his story is accurate as well? I am not going to cast any doubt on his story just yet. I think it would be wise to keep our eyes open and see what happens, if anything.

If you want to believe the OPs story...anything is going to confirm it for you.

SO's pics and story don't prove a rocket launch...IMO it is a contrail from a plane. Moose318's video he posted further suggest to me that it is a contrail from a plane. If it is not a "rocket launch", then indeed the rest of the OPs story crumbles.

Are you not even a little suspicious the OP has not come back to comment?

At no point in time did I say "rocket launch". Feel free to go back and read my post, but what I did say was the OP saw "something", he described it, he photographed it. SO's pics and account back up the OPs claim that he saw ...again, wait for it.... "something".

I am sure we can agree that they did indeed see something... .what that something is remains to be seen. However, with the fact that SO can verify that the start of the OP's story clearly appears accurate, I am not ready to discount the remainder of his story just yet. I am not a believer or a non believer.

ETA: and no I am not suspicious that the OP has not returned yet. Not everyone camps at their computer even after making a thread on ATS. Let's say his story is accurate, would you think it is reasonable that he would be posting here repeatedly? Or would he may be attempting to gather more information? There are any number of reasons why someone would not be posting, so the fact that he has not been back does not make me suspicious at all. He claimed that he was simply telling us what he was told. Nothing more, nothing less.
edit on 6-11-2010 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
if you believe the POTUS is going to take himself and his family to india to oversea the clean up of a nuclear accident so massive it supposedly sent shock waves around the world but there is not even one reported news article you should just log off the net right now send me all your money and check into a mental hospital.

politicians are the biggest cowards on the planet. that fact this wimp has to take a armada with him on an overseas visit(i dont care who you are your not that important) proves to me he is scared of something. what the hell is he going to do while they clean up the radiated areas??? in his best Chief Wiggum voice " thats some real nice toxic clean up boy's...neeahh!!" why the hell would the POTUS go to INDIA to overseas toxic clean up???

who cares if the OP has pictures of some launched missle or whatever the hell it is.

ONE FACT DOESNT LEGITIMIZE ANOTHER.!!!!!! i can take pictures of a launched missile and add some convoluted story to it too. and people from that area will pipe in their 2 cents backing up the missile launch further adding fuel to an already ridiculous fire. there seems to be a serial hoaxer on ATS and im guessing from the slumping economic status of the US of A there are a lot of bored and out of work people willing to entertain themselves at the cost of some of the more gullible and paranoid on here.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Yeah, the OP nor SO ever mentioned anything nuclear. I think people are getting off-track because of the theories a few people posted whom didn't even see the event.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I guess there are a few possibilities but nuke accident in India? Please. Even the MSM would be all over something like that, and in reality the powers that be would not even want to cover it up. FEAR is what they want.

This is either

1. a satellite launch as some have advertised

2. a vehicle launch as some have advertised

3. a missile (weapons test) launch as some may have advertised (but I haven't seen if they did)

Growing up in the sothwest I have seen many contrails that I could have sworn were ground launches.

Of course the amount of disinformation flying around here would obscure any truth that might reach out and bite you on the nose!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by bigwall79
i also live and work in scottsdale, and i saw the plume in the sky as i was leaving work tonight. i followed it up to its end point, where i clearly saw an aircraft creating it.

The contrail began to fade perceptibly at altitude. We also tried to follow it, but perhaps lost track as we didn't see anything that had wings or lights.

The notion of a missile launch is improbable, unless Luke AFB is doing something they normally don't do.

I'm sticking with a single military aircraft on a very steep climb at incredibly full thrust. The speed and rapid altitude gain (combined with the long-lingering plume) really did look missile-like.

the problem SO is that even if the entire world observed this vehicle that left the contrail it still doesnt validate the story the OP says is true about his conversation with his mystery man at the air force base. without any evidence all we have is his word which if you consider his join date and the recent spate of hoaxers and the illogical nature of the story about the potus going to india to over sea a clean up. means his word is meaningless. he has no credibility. so whats the point of contention????

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
All SO says is that it went "very fast". That is hard to quantify...perception may be off due to the angle the plane is traveling towards him.

Here's a visual aid, and my best description of how quickly things transpired.

Mrs. Overlord says, "Wow, look at that. That doesn't look like a plane."
My initial reaction, -meh- it's just a contrail... OMG! It's rising really fast, get the camera.
(I look south to where I know ICBMs are located in Arizona, no other plumes)

We were in our backyard, just sitting down to dinner. The cabinet on our backyard patio contains a small Canon digital camera (not my nice digital SLR damn it!), my lovely wife grabs the camera and brings it to me as I got up to get a better angle. Turn the camera on, and shoot.

Perhaps 20 seconds tops between when we first saw it, and snapped the first picture. So it was rising really fast. Fast enough for my initial reaction to assume it was a missile (we couldn't see the course-change some people saw in the contrail). The way the contrail lingered, and became thicker closer to the ground really gave the impression of a missile launch.

After we took the pictures, it continued easterly, passing over Scottsdale where the contrail stopped due to high altitude... and we didn't see any lights or wings.

Then we sat down and had our steaks.
Priorities, you know.

With the course-change seen in some photos and described by others, combined with reports of lights/wings, it's certainly seeming like it was an aircraft in a real hurry, not a missile.
edit on 6-11-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by C-DNA

so, perhaps the Pres is going to India to meet with the Et you spoke of. THAT explainswhy he has all those important folks with him.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I would also like to add, I do not get the impression from reading the OP that what he saw and what he claims he was told about a Nuclear accident are related in anyway.

I think this is pretty simple. He had a conversation with someone he knows about what he saw. In the course of that conversation the topic changed from what the Op saw to Obama's trip to India and the things the OP has heard about the trip. I do not get the impression that this jet/rocket/contrail/chemtrail/ufo/ big smokey beam thingee has anything to do with India.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord
the problem SO is that even if the entire world observed this vehicle that left the contrail it still doesnt validate the story the OP says is true about his conversation with his mystery man at the air force base.

Indeed. And if you notice, the title has been revised, and opening post prepending with a message.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Hey I was just watching the news,this has nothing to do with the phoenix incident.

In france there is a convoy of nuclear waiste going from germany to france, the convoy has had to change route because of protesters, what marked me in the news was that they said, if something bad happens to the convoy, it could be two to three times worse than tchernobyl.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I take it back.

Obviously there was an accident and our glorious president is on the scene to save the day! He brought the wife and kids too!

That IS some green karma for our side!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0483ea91cbfa.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I saw this 10:30ish pm in San Diego, Ca..... I went out to have a smoke and I always look up at the sky. I saw a very long smoke trail but it was so clear and there. I couldnt believe it, especially how late it was. Looked like it came from the north eastish of me and went into the sky forever. I called the wife out to look at it and she was in amazement. I wanted to snap photos but I dont have a good camera.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Ok this weird its 1:41am in San Diego. i just posted that I saw something Smoke like trail out side last night, right after I posted my last post I went out to smoke again. and I'm seeing it again same freaking smoke trail. please anyone thats awake here look outside and look for it. PLEASE

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
When I woke up today I opened spaceweather and saw this article:

ROCKET LAUNCH: Last night, sky watchers in southern California and Nevada witnessed a bright light cutting across the evening sky. It was a Delta II rocket from the Vandenberg Air Force Base carrying Italy's COSMO SkyMed-4 satellite to Earth orbit. The SkyMed-4 is equipped with a radar that can image any part of Earth's surface--a capability that will come in handy both for military surveillance and scientific research.

www.spaceweather.com...

I immediately known that there will be huge fancy thread on ATS and I was right

edit on 6-11-2010 by Zmurfix because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join