It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I don't know why he needs any protection at all? its not like hes their enemy or anything

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

He isn't, but terrorist threats have been made by Anti-American groups. So security is there for when they try something.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
GET READY!

Those who remember Baba Vanga's preditions should have the hair on the back of their necks standing up as she predicted WWIII would be started in India, in November 2010.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
I don't know why he needs any protection at all? its not like hes their enemy or anything

Haha, agreed...but i also think that 200mil per day could be far better spent than protecting someone who nobody really likes and is the instigator of lies, deciet and war!!

I say spread that 200mil a day between all american citizens. Even if its just a dollar each, its money far better spent...since its your money afterall!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

What 200 Million dollars are you talking about?
Is this the imaginary figure that has no basis in reality that the smart members of ATS are just accepting as fact from a foreign newspaper they never heard of before?
Just curious.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes

That's what YOU and other Think.. lol

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

Under the guise of a "Presidential visit" - with that many war ships my guess is that someone high up suspects from our intellegent sources that something is going to happen and they are bringing in that many ships to try and take most of our people out of the area. A massive evacuation of our troops.

Just a guess.

Never before have we had that many Navy Ships coming along simply for the ride, something may truely be going on.

As stated before, I'm no war general and this is just a logical guess. We'll see.

With that many warships in that one area that leaves the rest of everywhere more vulnerable, so I suspect there is a reason if that many ships are going to be in that one area other than "protecting" the President.

Something is up and yes something is coming down.
edit on 5-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

the flipped name of Barack Obama (Amabo Carab)=End of the world in Arabic language!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

Very interesting post.

How do you know Arab if I may respectfully ask.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
he might as well take over the whole country while his at it.

Clearly haven't got enough oil for that.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

What 200 Million dollars are you talking about?
Is this the imaginary figure that has no basis in reality that the smart members of ATS are just accepting as fact from a foreign newspaper they never heard of before?
Just curious.

Indeed it is but since your smarter than the rest of us, maybe you could give me the correct figure and that way each american citizen should get less or more than 1 dollar!!!

Thanks for picking up on that figure and missing the entire point of my post!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Bush, not Obama started this whole thing, and Obama is just the clean up boy for Georgie Jr.'s many stupid mistakes and lies.

Bush Jr. got half the planet angry at us with his stupid, moronic and arrogant "diplomacy" and we got deeper into the Middle East poop because of GWB's lies, lies and more lies.

Now, that many warships means something other than a friendly visit is in store.

Wake up.

Possibly it's just a show of power, but I get the feeling Obama is going over there to bring our people back home.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
Indeed it is but since your smarter than the rest of us, maybe you could give me the correct figure and that way each american citizen should get less or more than 1 dollar!!!

Remind me when I claimed to be smarter than anyone? I must be slipping because I do not recall that. Why would I know what the real number is? Does that make this made up one correct? Do you really believe this trip is costing more per day than the war in afghanistan? Does that really make logistic sense to you at all?

As for the entire point of your post, it would seem that maybe you missed it. The point was about how that money could be better spent. So....what money?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Sorry haven't had time to read the entire thread... So if I repeat a question already proposed I apologize. Does anyone know where the presidential family is during this time period?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennedy13
Sorry haven't had time to read the entire thread... So if I repeat a question already proposed I apologize. Does anyone know where the presidential family is during this time period?

if I remember correctly
an article I read stated there was
a last minute change and the first family
was going with him. maybe I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

www.cnn.com.../video/bestoftv/2010/11/04/ac.o bamas.india.trip.cost2.mov.cnn

The above link makes it fairly clear that the $200 million dollar mark and the 34 ships are, at best, complete fabrications. Keep in mind that the $200 million dollar remark came from Michelle Bachman, who apparently places her complete trust in a newspaper that sources an anonymous source that doesn't cite his intelligence whatsoever. But of course, don't trust what you're reading. Vet the information for yourselves.

Brace yourself for preposterous disinformation from a certain political party, ladies and gents. It's only going to get worse.
edit on 5-11-2010 by Xerimethius because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2010 by Xerimethius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Thousands of Americans (along with many others) die every day due to starvation and poverty. Thanks to America, however, we've got 2 warships for every finger and toe our President has, every time he decides to take a vacation. As long as we're not wasting money, and continue spending it on issues of importance, I really don't see a problem... *cough*

/tears /sarcasm

Cheers,
Strype
edit on 5-11-2010 by Strype because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Remind me when I claimed to be smarter than anyone? I must be slipping because I do not recall that. Why would I know what the real number is? Does that make this made up one correct? Do you really believe this trip is costing more per day than the war in afghanistan? Does that really make logistic sense to you at all?

As for the entire point of your post, it would seem that maybe you missed it. The point was about how that money could be better spent. So....what money?

Look either way i'm sure its costing a fortune whether or not we know what ther "real" figure is but i'm pretty sure its in the millions per day! (my opinion).

The point to my post was that instead of wasting this amount of money on 1 mans trip, why not share it around the US as it would be better spent. It doesnt really matter about the amount, its the principle behind it.

The fact is that no one has been told how much money its costing so the figure i quoted could very well be correct. I wouldnt knw where to begin because as you put it, logistically it would be a nightmare but i'm quite sure its a rediculous sum whatever the figure!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

No one is saying how much it costs due to Opsec. Once the trip is over, the figures will be released because they'll no longer be relevant, as was done with presidents past. Which brings me to another point. Obama is hardly the first president to have to spend a pretty penny to travel with a security detail and whatever else is going with him. Where was the complaining when Bush did it? Nowhere, because its to be expected. It's a necessary expenditure when traveling around the world.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Oh I do love those battleships, they can just level a coastline in a few days with relative ease.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join