It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by interestingfx

If he didn't have this kind of security and expense in Iraq, that should tell you that this story is balderdash.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by malachi777
This is hilarious!!! After all the comments on ATS, news media and talk show hosts talking about the costs of this trip, it all turned out to be FALSE, reported by an Indian media person. The costs are not even 2% of the estimated costs.
They stated that it cost around 5 million dollars per day for the last four Presidents and it is estimated to cost the same for our President. Two-hundred million dollars per day? lol

The last reports I saw the White House did not want to give a figure, so I have to wonder from where you got this new figure...

Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell did not shy away from dismissing reports that appeared in Indian media outlets, such as the Press Trust of India and the television network NDTV. The Press Trust of India is that country’s largest news agency.

Morrell told reporters he was making an exception to the practice of not discussing Presidential security details to shoot down the reports.

blogs.abcnews.com...

Other reports say the exact same thing, that no figure is being reported by the White House or Pentagon. They dismiss the news that SEVERAL news papers posted, but they don't want to give a figure, so I have to wonder from where you got that figure you gave...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

The way things are going, if Obama actually does something scandalous which makes him look really bad, then Fox 'News', Rush, Michele Bachman, Hannity, etc, etc, etc, will report on it ad infinitum and everyone will say, not you idiots again, it must be bull#.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Even the Chinese are reporting this.

No they are not.
You should read the story you quoted as it is not reporting the same story this thread is claiming to.

This seems to be part of the problem. When you can read that story you just posted a link to and say it backs up the story we are discussing means that you are really just looking for any excuse to believe it you can find or you have poor reading comprehension. I will let you decide which.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Nice try, first of all, this news has been reported in several newspapers, I even included a chinese newspaper, but hey since you are a liberal I guess you are going to give a break to a Chinese newspaper...

Can you provide a link to these several newspapers, please? Pretty please?

That claim in snopes, is an unsuported claim, even the poster says so himself... He goes along with what the White House claims, but then again the White House doesn't want to give any figures to how much money will be spent in this trip, that tells us something.

Do you understand what you just said. You said that the snopes article is not backed up by anything because they are going by what the white house said. Seems like it was backed up by the white house, no? So what is this report about 34 warships backed up by that makes it any more credible? Seriously why would you complain about sources when you are clinging to a story with no source?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

The Chinese news paper did not report that U.S. WARSHIPS are being deployed for Obama's visit to India?

Are you sure you know how to read?...

Even when the Chinese news agency doesn't say how many, it does say WARSHIPS, but you are telling me that they are not reporting this?...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The Chinese news paper did not report that U.S. WARSHIPS are being deployed for Obama's visit to India?

Sure they did. They did not report anything about 34 warships though which is what THIS is about. You said, and I quote -

Even the Chinese are reporting this.

This is a story about 34 warships. That article says nothing of the sort.

Are you sure you know how to read?...

Gosh maybe not. Can you please quote the line in that story confirming the number 34 for me then?

Even when the Chinese news agency doesn't say how many, it does say WARSHIPS, but you are telling me that they are not reporting this?...

Could be 2, could 1000, or it could be 34. This story says it is 34. Your chinese story does not.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

Can you provide a link to these several newspapers, please? Pretty please?

Lookie here the New York Post, among others...

Ajgaonkar said the precaution was taken as local and US officials undertook security sweeps of the museum and library.

American preparations were equally extensive according to NDTV, a private television company in India. It reported Thursday that a fleet of 34 American warships, including one aircraft carrier, is set to protect Obama offshore during his stay.

The extreme security measures will be put in place to prevent any attacks similar to the 2008 terror strikes in Mumbai.

Link

/2010/11/05/34-u-s-warships-sent-for-obamas-three-day-visit/]Link Err, this is not a hate site...what in the world?...

news.rediff.com...

ibnlive.in.com...

www.ndtv.com...

www.geo.tv...

ballew74.polls.newsvine.com...

zolengthe.net...

theintelhub.com...

www.thenews.com.pk...

www.cnewsworld.com...

www.pakistannews24.com...

www.nation.com.pk...

www.china.org.cn...

english.peopledaily.com.cn...

www.kuwaitsamachar.com...:34-warships-sent-from-us-for-obama-visit&catid=81:world-news&Itemid=1 97

Got it?, Get it? doubt it...

edit on 5-11-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: add more links

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Oooh, so the Chinese nwspaper is not reporting that U.S. WARSHIPS are being deployed to India for security for Obama?...
Riiight...

Oh, and btw, the New York Post itself is also reporting 34 warships being deployed, and over 800 rooms being rented for Obama's visit, but I guess in your opinion they are not talking about the same thing...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Oooh, so the Chinese nwspaper is not reporting that U.S. WARSHIPS are being deployed to India for security for Obama?...
Riiight...

You really asked me about my ability to read and post this? I clearly stated that what they are not reporting is the number 34. What can I do to make my posts easier for you to comprehend?

Oh, and btw, the New York Post itself is also reporting 34 warships being deployed, and over 800 rooms being rented for Obama's visit, but I guess in your opinion they are not talking about the same thing...

Let me go peruse those links. Thanks for getting something right. Now see if you can find the number 34 in the chinese article or maybe stop pretending you do not get what I am saying.
edit on 11/5/10 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

The NY Post is quoting the same Indian media source, quoting an anonymous source. How on earth could 34 warships converge off the coast of India without anybody knowing about it? Where did they all come from?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
The NY Post is quoting the same Indian media source, quoting an anonymous source. How on earth could 34 warships converge off the coast of India without anybody knowing about it? Where did they all come from?

I am clearly showing that "REPUBLICANS, and Fox News, are not the only ones who reported this, which is what many of you have been trying to claim...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I agree with you on that. I don't care who is reporting it, liberal or conservative sources, it's still hogwash.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

They didn't say 34...but they mentioned in PURAL WARSHIPS, and they did mention over 800 rooms have been rented, again, YES they are talking about the same thing, even when they don't mention exactly how many.

The Pentagon also didn't deny no ships have been sent, we have right now 144 warships deployed all over the globe, which is 50% of our forces.

www.navy.mil...
edit on 5-11-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Link
This story claims NDTV as its source. Surely you realize that posting NDTV as a source and someone who uses them as a source is redundant?

Again, not much of a source here. I will get to NDTV when I get to it. I am sure you are not just interested in salacious rumors but pure facts, right? So you want to get to the bottom of this story the same as me. Surely an intelligent person such as yourself would never just believe something because they read it somewhere. Would you?

/2010/11/05/34-u-s-warships-sent-for-obamas-three-day-visit/]Link Err, this is not a hate site...what in the world?...

Yeah well good luck with that one because my computer did not like it at all.

news.rediff.com...

Not one word about 34 warships.

ibnlive.in.com...

No sources cited at all but does include that ever so technical details such as

nuclear button
Yep, he is packing up the "nuclear button." So where did they get their info from?

www.ndtv.com...

That is the exact same unsourced "nuclear button" story as above. WTF? That is three times you cited that same source now as something different.

www.geo.tv...

4 times.

ballew74.polls.newsvine.com...

This is THE EXACT SAME STORY 4 times with one story using this story as its source. Come on now.

zolengthe.net...

Holy crap. Did you look at any of these links before you posted them? How do you think a reprint of the exact same story makes it more credible.

theintelhub.com...

Amazing. I cannot believe you wasted all that time posting all those links to the exact same story in a feeble attempt to push the idea that several news agencies were confirming the validity of this claim. Are you just here to mess with people?

Got it?, Get it? doubt it...

edit on 5-11-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

I got it. You got it? Got that number 34 you keep telling me I am wrong about?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There have been reports that this Presidential trip to Asia is an example of walking tall, walking silently while carrying a big stick. The big stick is in the form of an all-out and fully equipped INVASION FORCE.

The US is letting China know that we are fully capable of flexing our military might should they get too cocky (like that one commercial about the Chinese professor lecturing his students "...and now they work for us.").

Further, it has been speculated that President Obama has had **TERRIBLE** customer service for his Blackberry from a telephonic service desk located somewhere in India. Rumors abound that he is possibly going to invade India in a Reagan-esque, Greneda-styled "pre-dawn, vertical insertion" to rectify the situation.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

Around 9:00 pm last night on the radio, it was revealed as to why Obama was going to India. Russia and the United States are competing to establish several nuclear power facilities in India. Since many of our senators, prime ministers, and corporate leaders are going, they booked a massive security detail to protect everyone involved. United States will compete against Russia for a contract with India, so they can build nuclear power facilities. Whoever wins the nuclear power contract will be able to maintain, ship, and run the various outlets. It is a massive nuclear power grab.

edit on 5-11-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I man, I just facepalmed and headdesked myself...I can't believe I forgot all about the Mumbai '08 attacks...CRIPES man, how could I be so dense?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

That nuclear issue puts a fresh angle on the other big deal I know of:

The $12 billion 126 x new fifth gen' fighter jets, plus new transport planes/support/weaponry deal the USA and Russia (and previously France and Sweden and Eurofighter (UK/Germany...) are all competing in. In October India announced they had decided to go with Russia's jets and transport planes, but simultaneously appeared to leave some wiggle room about loose ends and details needing to be sorted out.

Russia's Prime Minsiter, Medvedev, visits in December (23rd?), but I think India have had issues with previous Russian aerospace deals going awry (cost escalating post sign-off), so perhaps Obama will be attempting to reassure India to do a Walmart 'one-stop-shop' route - although buying USA made not Chinese made, of course....

My suspicion is that this may turn out to be a defining moment in establishing how lonely, or not, the USA may become in defending the continuance of US dollar reserve status and forthcoming military challenges from BRIC... adversaries over the next decade or so?

Hence massive effort I think.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The US Navy has stated that this piece of stupidity is just that - stupid. They do not have, and never did have, any plans to detail one in ten of the US Navy's fleet off Mumbai to protect President Obama. Costs for the president's trip are in line with those of recent past presidents, including Bush 43 and no where near the inflated amounts (one Freeper claimed that the trip was going to cost $34 billion - if President Obama's costs were $1 million a minute, he'd still have to stay 14 days for the trip to cost that. Why don't people use critical thinking skills? Oh yeah, creationism). I bet you never uttered one little baa of protest when Shrub spent more time on vacation than any other US president including Reagan as he was going senile. Here's the deal: US presidents travel. Traveling when you are president, as Barack Obama is, is an obligation. Traveling while black is also not yet illegal, although I wager that some Americans who would like to make it so.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join