It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush and Hitler: What The 'Torture Memos' Reveal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
There is no difference in Hitler's rise to power and Bush's. Study Hitler's rise and you will see this. It's out there for all to see. Here's an excellent source of info. The idea that the 'war on terror' is a new kind of war is nothing new. You'd think these guys would, at least, try and be a bit more creative.

Bush and Hitler: What The 'Torture Memos' Reveal

This article appears in the July 2, 2004 issue of Executive Intelligence Review.
Bush and Hitler:
What The `Torture Memos' Reveal
by Edward Spannaus
In the Spring of 1941, as Nazi Germany was preparing to invade the Soviet Union, Adolf Hitler issued an infamous edict which has become known as the "Commissar Order," to govern the conduct of German armed forces on the Eastern Front. This order provides a largely-unnoticed precedent for the "legal" rationalizations found in a number of hitherto-secret Bush Administration legal memoranda, which have recently come to light.

As is documented in William L. Shirer's The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, Hitler outlined this policy during a meeting with the heads of the three armed services and key army field commanders early in March 1941: "The war against Russia will be such that it cannot be conducted in a knightly fashion. This struggle is one of ideologies and racial differences and will have to be conducted with unprecedented, unmerciful, and unrelenting harshness. All officers will have to rid themselves of obsolete ideologies.... German soldiers guilty of breaking international law will be excused. Russia has not participated in the Hague Convention and therefore has no rights under it."

On May 13, 1941, Field Marshal Wilhelm Keitel, the head of the Armed Forces High Command, issued an order in Hitler's name, severely limiting functions of the military courts martial system, and virtually giving immunity to German forces for war crimes against Russians: "With regard to offenses committed against enemy civilians by members of the Wehrmacht, prosecution is not obligatory, even where the deed is at the same time a military crime or offense." Yhe army was explicitly instructed to go easy on any such German offenders, "remembering in each case all the harm done to Germany since 1918 by the 'Bolsheviki.' "
www.larouchepub.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Let me re-phrase one thing. Bush was given the white house on a silver platter, thanks to his good buddies the Supremes. It was 9-11 that gave BushCo. the power to proceded with their diabolical power grab - LIKE Hitler's Reischtag Fire gave him the same authority.

RULE THROUGH FEAR

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Just like Hitler, bush is doing what he feels to be right. Hiltler was wrong in his thinking and so is Bush, we will have to see how it turns out.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
One reason this is so hard for folks to swallow is because we've all been raised to believe (so naively) that the USA is always the good guy. WHo doesn't want to believe that? The reality is, we aren't always the good guy. If we want to get back to some semblence of that, we have got to hold this administration accountable for the atrocities they commit in our name. Otherwise, we are no better than braindead Nazi Germany.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Get a life, this post is without merit and is ridiculous. Do you happen to be a card carring member of the ACLU ??

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
What's wrong with the ACLU, last time I checked, they were trying to restore constitutional rights to citizens!!!

Here's another one, guess who said this:
"An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure out domestic security and protect our homeland." Was this said before the creation of the Gestapo or Homeland Security?

EDIT:Times up it was Hitler.

[edit on 29-6-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sniper068
Get a life, this post is without merit and is ridiculous. Do you happen to be a card carring member of the ACLU ??

I think anyone who took the time to read ECK's post took more from it than from the one above.

There have been many comparisons over the past four years between the powerbroking of Hitler and that of the Bush administration. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. So historians have said for many centuries.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
EastCoastKid I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say you are a moron.

Bush, was Constitutionally elected.

Hitler, seized power in bloody street warfare.

Hitler had about 500,000 political prisoners by 1934.

Bush has 0.

Hitler had supreme control over the Nazi Party, until in 1943 it began to run away from him, and him and his superiors were telling the Nazi doctors to "cool it" but the Nazi doctors were becomming more and more insane in their torturous studies.

Bush does not control the Republican party absolutely, not even his own administration, no President does.

Nazism was self-destructive.

Republican Party is not.

You don't know anything about Nazism...the fact you even bring up the eastern front campaign SHOWS this.

Hitler wanted to kill every last slav, and Bush doesn't want to kill anyone.

You need to do a tiny bit of research.

Also the ACLU, it is good in theory but bad in practice. It urges the Federal Government to control State and Local Laws...out-rageous.

If the ACLU handled issues locally, it wouldn't be a threat to American Federalism.

MaskedAvatar I would also expect better from you, considering you're supposed to be above average on the education ladder.

There is almost no comparison between Hitler and anyone, Hitler was megalomanical, and at the same time never progressed beyond the age of 16 when it comes to maturity level. He wanted to destroy everything that got in his way like some big kid. He even related better to kids than he did adults and was one reason he created the Hitler Youth.

Hitler was a warmonger who loved war, in fact he fed upon it.

Bush and his administration believes that the war they are doing is better than other options to handle Al Qaeda and the "middle eastern problem".

It is in fact the way the Israelis handle their problems only on a larger scale.

So you can't compare Bush to Hitler, especially since Hitler rebuilt Germany's Economy by making it a military economy, Bush has not turned America into a "military economy".

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Comparing Bush to Hitler? I'm no huge Bush fan, but man, that's just wrong.

There isn't enough bandwidth available to explain how messed-up that statement is.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Yea, I think its more like Hitler-lite. He's definitely not as bad or as powerful, but there are similarities. Bush actually has rules to follow before he can get his way and has to rely on others of a similar agenda to help him out.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
EastCoastKid I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say you are a moron.

MaskedAvatar I would also expect better from you, considering you're supposed to be above average on the education ladder.

Well, let me say this.

1. You don't speak for me. You not only insult ECK, but you expect everyone else to insult him. That is not good form.

2. Revise your expectations of me. Perhaps I am higher on the education ladder than you will attain... ever... who knows? Who cares?

My comment was that there have been many comparisons between the powerbroking of Hitler and that of the Bush admin, during the past four years. My comment stands, as it is true.

To what degree any member may want to look at the basis of these comparisons will depend on their ability to overcome jingoism, their ability to call a spade a spade, and their ability to look at actual analogies in history. Nay-sayers don't even get to first base.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
MaskedAvatar your support of his theory (Edward Spannaus' theory actually) is completely unfounded.

I think instead of saying "there have been comparisons" you should simply state what comparisons there are so they can be scrutinized.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is just rediculous. Comparing Bush to Hitler has to be one of the most saddest things I have heard in a while.

I should have known that ECK started this thread. Do you contribute to anything else on ATS besides bashing Bush?

See, one of the cool thing about ATS, is that you can look up a members post history. Here is just a little of yours ECK.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...< br /> www.abovetopsecret.com...< br /> www.abovetopsecret.com...< br />
I for one am growing extremely tired of your Bush-bashing posts. You should put that energy into something more constructive. You are a sad, angry man, and you have my pity.

Edit: By the way, I can probably come up with comparisons with Hitler and a block of cheese, So expletive what?

[edit on 6-29-2004 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

MaskedAvatar your support of his theory (Edward Spannaus' theory actually) is completely unfounded.

I think instead of saying "there have been comparisons" you should simply state what comparisons there are so they can be scrutinized.

Here's some sites that might be of interest:

www.dissidentvoice.org...
www.falloutshelternews.com...
www.tupbiosystems.com...
www.counterpunch.org...
www.counterpunch.org...
watch.pair.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Thanks for those links, ANOK, which tie together a lot of what I've heard elsewhere. These will take some time for me to read & digest. And I hope that those who wish to rebut ECK's argument will do the same.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Bush, was Constitutionally elected.

Bush was given the position by the supreme court, not the people. The 2000 USA elections have been highly controversial for a reason.

Hitler had about 500,000 political prisoners by 1934.

Bush has 0.

Jesus, open your eyes! Does Guantanamo Bay ring a bell? Or the other numerous sites where the USA detains thousands and thousands of people without charge, without access to court or representation.

Nazism was self-destructive.

Republican Party is not.

America has gone downhill the last four years, now the majority of the world hates their leadership. And no its not because "THEY ARE JELIOUS OF OUR FREEDOMS", it is due to the unjustified wars and mass civilian killings.

Hitler wanted to kill every last slav, and Bush doesn't want to kill anyone.

Bush seems to have a thing against Arabs, he is doing a rather good job at exterminating them. See a pattern here?

Hitler was a warmonger who loved war, in fact he fed upon it.

So does Bush I'm afraid. Where are those WMD by the way?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sniper068

You might wanna check yourself, Sniper. I know this is probably very difficult for you to grasp, but one of these days in the not-so-distant future, after the next "terra" attack, you may actually find yourself in dire need of the ACLU. Unless that is, you fall within the top 2% of wealthiest people in the country.

It's true. Supporters of this administration just don't get it. Fascists will eat their own in a New York minute. Don't think for a minute you're special. Unless you bank Bush big-time you are nothing to them.

And to answer your question, NO. I am not a member of the ACLU. As a matter of fact, I used to be a big critic - b/c I bought into the brain-dead propaganda about them being liberal and by extension, corrupt.

In light of 9-11, and the atrocious treatment so many fellow Americans have recieved, my opinion of the ACLU has changed dramatically. Even ol' Conservative Republican Bob Barr of GA. has come to the same conclusion about it as I have. And you don't get more solid on the RIGHT as Barr.

In the past several years, I've actually thought about becoming a civil rights lawyer because of all this crazy shizit going on. We need them now more than ever.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karellen
Comparing Bush to Hitler? I'm no huge Bush fan, but man, that's just wrong.

This comment as well as others, that do not merit a response, are a perfect example of why I would never allow a child of mine into the public education system. Karellen, I don't know what your background is, but your statement echos, sadly, the thinking of most publicly educated kids (these days).

The social engineering of the past 40 years is complete. There is a complete and utter lack of knowledge of history, American and otherwise.

Do yourself a favor and immerse yourself in history - starting with Hitler's rise. You will be shocked and amazed. That is, if you have an ounce of intellectual curiosity and the ability to think independently.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I think it is a fallacy of logic to compare what our President is doing now with what an evil megalomaniac like Hilter did in the past. That is as absurd as saying that using a hand gun in self defence is exactly like using a hand gun in a robbery. There is clearly no logic in that statement.

ECK cannot see the truth because he is blinded by his hatred of President Bush and anyone on the President's side of the political fence. In my opinion, ECK just uses this board as a place to espouse his own political views.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I have been forced to conclude that ECK is really James Carville.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join