It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anybody Noticed The Flashing Object Near Orions Belt? And I Just Seen An Object Zoom Faster Then

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Idk If Its A Satilite Or A Baloon, Or Even A Star, But This Objesct Is Always In My Night Sky And It Flashes Red,Green,And Blue. I Cant Get A Close And Detail Look With My Telescope. But I Can Definetly Say Its Not Just A Regular Star In The Sky It Blinks All These Diff Colors And Sits Still In The Sky. Idk What It Is Im Not Claiming It To Be A UFO But I Would Really Like To Know What I Was Looking At. The Reason Why I Even Started To Observe It Was Because I Was Walking My Friend Out To Her Car And It Was About 2:00am I See An Object Near It Zip Away So Fast Leaving Jus Barley A Light Streak Behind, I Am The Kind Of Person Who Has To See To Believe And I Asure You Im Not Tired And Wasnt Seeing Things. It Was Not A Shooting Star I Know That For Sure, It Was So Fast Like A Blink Of The Eye Fast. i AmStill Shocked I Was Able To See It Zip Away Cuz I Happend To Look Up At The Right Time. I Just Want Everyone Who Reads This To Know I Am Not A Person To Waste My Time And Make Up Things Or Make Up A Damn Story 4 No Reason So Please No Rude Or Ignorant Comments. Thnx
edit on 28-10-2010 by Eastsiderdr07 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2010 by Eastsiderdr07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Eastsiderdr07

thats funny you are making this thread about orions belt. about an hour ago i went outside and looked at the sky. I seen the same thing. But what was odd to me was the stars around it, the way they where positioned. Just didnt look like the normal im used to seeing. I even mentioned it to my wife. Seemed there where many stars there that ive never seen before.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Hello.

You say the "star" is always on the skies? Maybe its just a normal star mate
They tend to bling that colours, and sometimes it looks really weird.

and for the fast object, hmm, that sounds like a shooting star. When you say " In a blink of a second" That sounds just like a shooting star

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

I know the star you are talking about! I love that star, I forget what it is called though. It changes all kinds of funky colors.

I found it, it is betelgeuse(if we are talking bout the same star, there are quite a few great looking stars)
edit on 28-10-2010 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

www.cheapastro.com...
edit on 28-10-2010 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

It went by in the blink of an eye and you're certain it wasnt a shooting star? Im not sure how you determined what the object was if it was moving that fast. What made it different than a shooting star? The 'flashing' you're talking about is called scintillation. Its basically a anomalous refraction caused by air density related to temperature. SOURCE
edit on 28/10/10 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
Hello.

You say the "star" is always on the skies? Maybe its just a normal star mate
They tend to bling that colours, and sometimes it looks really weird.

and for the fast object, hmm, that sounds like a shooting star. When you say " In a blink of a second" That sounds just like a shooting star

Yea Possibly...But For The Fast Moving Object Im Sure It Was Not A SHooting Star. ive Seen Two In My Life And How Fast This Was I Couldnt Mistake It ...But Hey Who Knows?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I have seen it and I believe it is the star polaris. Or at least, polaris is what I am seeing change colors.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Countdown to the Niburu nuts in 3..2...1...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Orion is one of my favorite places to watch in the sky. I'm not even sure why I'm just drawn to that area/constellation. I've seen what you're talking about with the flashing colors, not sure exactly what it is though... I've seen 'stars' that have "zipped away" like you said too. Not by orion, but I was looking at one star, and then the star directly above it made a bright flash and then zoomed off star trek style, like it went into warp speed. It was the strangest thing i've ever seen.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
here is a little graphic showing the location of betelgeuse:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Probably looking at Sirius. lol
it appears to flash all colors, often.
Even through a telescope, you can watch it 'change" colors.
it's not really changing though.
though we do see things 'zip' across the sky, from a stand still...
often in or near orion.

P.S. How The Hell Do You Write/Type Like This?
And Why?

Must You Capitalize Every Word?
It Is A Rather Difficult Way To Type.

edit on 28-10-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

What you're seeing is definitely not Polaris. Polaris is in the northern part of the sky nowhere close to Orion, and Polaris is not very bright or noticeable.
Polaris

There are several interesting stars to look at around Orion. Sirius is by the far the most dramatic though.

This should help:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee6e42e8225a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
Probably looking at Sirius. lol
it appears to flash all colors, often.
Even through a telescope, you can watch it 'change" colors.
it's not really changing though.
though we do see things 'zip' across the sky, from a stand still...
often in or near orion.

P.S. How The Hell Do You Write/Type Like This?
And Why?

Must You Capitalize Every Word?
It Is A Rather Difficult Way To Type.

edit on 28-10-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

Idk Lol Its Just A Habbit Ive Never Really Thought About Y? It Feels Weird To Type With Out Puting Caps ..

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It is really hard on the brain to read, the head sort of resets itself every time theres a capital

But it bad manners to go on about grammar etc so good luck to you..

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by casijones

I was star-gazing one night and spotted what I assumed was a satellite , moving slow and steady , from west to east in the southern sky .

I watched it traverse a good portion of the sky when , all at once , it looked as though it just exploded , with a bright flash , and immediately took off at an incredible speed .

I swear , this thing was friggin gettin up and gettin out ! I was so startled that I literally jumped up out of my chair !

Don't have a clue what it might have been , all I know is that it sure wasn't a satellite . That sucker was moving ! It was out of sight instantly .

Your comment about the bright flash , Star Trek , and warp-speed is a perfect description .
edit on 28-10-2010 by okbmd because: ETA

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969

thats funny you are making this thread about orions belt. about an hour ago i went outside and looked at the sky. I seen the same thing. But what was odd to me was the stars around it, the way they where positioned. Just didnt look like the normal im used to seeing. I even mentioned it to my wife. Seemed there where many stars there that ive never seen before.

Russ,

When I get a clear night out my way I'll pull out my telescope and see if I can see what you are talking about. Orion is my favorite constellation, and I have an astrological connection with him. Anyway, I'll check it out, as I'm an avid amateur star-gazer.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Ive seen 4 in the 4 corners of my sky, and around 1 to 2am they meet up in my eastern sky making a box
I have talked about this in my first few threads
Im up in Ontario, California... about 45 from LA

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Please show a little respect to other members of this board by writing clear and well-formatted English. How are we supposed to take you seriously if you write like this?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Is it towards the tail end of the big dipper? You know the constellation orion's belt makes? If so it's sirius, THE brightest star in the night sky and does appear to flash different colors. There's a great program called Stellarium that you should check out. It will show you everything natural you see above your head. The software is very small and free for download. Google it, it will most likely show you exactly what you're looking at.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Boognish

I am talking about the last star in the handle of the little dipper. I see it every night and it flashes different colors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join