It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All American Politicians, Are You Honorable Enough To Agree To This? The XXVIII Amendment !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
put it in a format for signing ,lets all sign it and forward it to the Senate and Legislature

I've been thinking about something like this myself! great job

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
put it in a format for signing ,lets all sign it and forward it to the Senate and Legislature

I've been thinking about something like this myself! great job

I will have to create a separate site as signatures for effect would need to be legal and recognizable or the effort would be for nothing,
I'll look into it in the morning, PROMISE !

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

We cannot fight in their shadows Spart,
nor can we subscribe to the theory that there is nothing that can be done through legislation, only to then reject the other option of physical response.

I agree with this but how do we shake the apathetic awake and keep them awake?

The only thing that seems to wake the sleeping sheeple is events like 9/11.

Then they are lulled back into the false sense of security with their security blanket and binkie.

There can be no limbo.

We sit in limbo at all times when the sleeping slumber and dream of stupidity through bread and circuses.

View the sleeping populace as part of an entire body, just because it is asleep does not mean it is no longer viable or powerful or less than, it is asleep and needs shaken awake.
What do we do? What do you suggest?

I know the sleeping populace is a part of the whole body.

Take care shaking the sleeping because like a sleepwalker they are unpredictable.

I suggest a much more active measure than ATS will allow as well as a much more aggressive stance.

Nothing violent, nothing illegal, nothing difficult.

It requires dedication though.

So far I have found everyone lacking in that regard due to laziness, lack of willpower, and no follow-through.

The secret societies remain secret and in power by a small percentage with influence over a large percentage,
they remain in control by choice, choice of the sleeping to remain asleep, choices made by the rest of us to ignore them, or make fun of them or alienate them.

As usual 20% is in control while 80% is asleep and comfortably numb.

So many on here talk of armed revolt, and others say it can be done with the power of the vote,
and let's not leave out the "it's all over but the shouting america is done" group.

Fools.

All fools each and every one.

Armed revolt is stupid, idiotic, and as well something Government is looking for.

Voting only goes so far when the choices are non-viable.

And shouting will do nothing except waste oxygen.

Why not push this, from the citizens, why not believe that something can be done?

I have been doing that on ATS for five years now and over my lifetime both online and offline.

The answer is usually they are all talk and no walk.

Zero commitment, or they fall back on not knowing how, and give up without trying.

I even wrote a thread on a legal and non-violent means of "overthrow" to fall as pearls before swine.

I have found a paltry .001% of conspiracy theorists actually willing to do a damn thing legally.

They complain, whine, and bitch about needing a change, but are wholehearted liars when a solution is present.

When it is legal, non-violent, and or even approaches looking like actual leadership.

You are one of the few I can say do not fit my above definition as you mean what you say.

The problem comes from various directions.

What are the alternatives?

The alternatives are out there but no one here on ATS want to hear them for they have deaf ears and blind eyes.

Do we continue to follow blindly or complain and complain somemore, and say how someting needs to be done and all they while just know silently, that we will continue to do, nothing.

I can only speak for myself.

I am doing things each and every day.

I follow no one and ask no one to follow me.

Few people know how to lead themselves and few people will follow true leadership.

I'd think pushing 1 thing through, that covered so many things, is a good place to start, and is realistic.

It is again commendable.

Those currently in power however will see it as a threat to their positions.

Pushing it through will take much more than willpower alone.

It will take an organized approach.

It will take dedication, commitment, and follow-through.

And lastly it will take people with the cojones to actually do what they want to see happen.

Instead of sitting on their haunches waiting for others to do it.
edit on 10/28/10 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into The Post.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Spart,
if it is viewed as a threat to their power, than it is clear that the duration of their stay has been too long.
Driving down the road this morning it was actually sickening to see all of the election signs, and knowing most of the candidates latest ad campaigns, all negative by the way, I actually felt myself getting angry at the idea of them acting like begging pigs lined up at the trough.
It, the system, from campaign to term in office, has become the perfect example of consumption without contribution, a parasitic disfunction of killing the host with promises of life, and the host addicted to the promises.
What to do, what.............to do?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Spart,
if it is viewed as a threat to their power, than it is clear that the duration of their stay has been too long.

Agreed.

This is always going to be the case however.

Anything which is perceived as a threat will be neutralized as well.

Or bought.

Which is still a type of neutralization.

Most people cannot turn down these fools when they offer mountains of cash, a job, or threaten you.

Considering I will not bend my morals, ethics, or beliefs when I believe in them I am the only person I know willing to stand for my convictions, but then again I walked away from $50 million of Mafia money, have turned down lucrative jobs because they were against my beliefs, and I go to war with anyone stupid enough to threaten me, in whatever manner necessary.

Driving down the road this morning it was actually sickening to see all of the election signs, and knowing most of the candidates latest ad campaigns, all negative by the way, I actually felt myself getting angry at the idea of them acting like begging pigs lined up at the trough.

That is exactly what they are doing too.

Yet they get lobbyists, special interest groups, and Secret Societies to put them in office.

So they seek our support for what exactly?

As a convenient cover to mask their fraud.

It, the system, from campaign to term in office, has become the perfect example of consumption without contribution, a parasitic disfunction of killing the host with promises of life, and the host addicted to the promises.

Especially when the lobbyist groups or special interest groups write the laws they want passed.

This was evidenced in the recent Healthcare Reform with the town hall meetings.

When most of the politicians did not know what was in "their own" legislature.

But the citizens knew exactly what it would affect, due to the bureaucray, because they have to use their "Healthcare Insurance".

The citizens are paying attention on that one because of all the hoop jumping they have to do.

Unfortunately, Healthcare Insurance, is legalized blackmail, through a middleman prices are cut.

What we need is regulated healthcare across the board without insurance companies.

But that will never happen because too many people are getting rich screwing America.

What to do, what.............to do?

As I said in my previous post what we need to do is actually do something.

Do anything.

Legally.

Other than complain, whine, and bitch about it.

Your drive for a new Amendment here is the first legal and non-violent thought I have seen on ATS in a long time.

A few others have suggested something similar at different times but it falls on deaf ears and blind eyes.

No one else wants to fight back legally, without violence, or using politics because they are scared children.
edit on 10/29/10 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into The Post.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by willzilla
One more thing should be added unless I missed it. No representative/senator federal or state will be allowed extra monies from lobbyist or any other source and have a base salary that can increase or decrease pending on proper service voted on by the people of such said representatives of each state.

Now that I have said that, is there a minimum term limit? If not shouldn't they be subject to being fired at any time by us? This would in all truth keep them on the straight and narrow. They should be evaluated each quarter based on how they voted. Oh...eliminate the electoral college also.
edit on 28-10-2010 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2010 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

I agree this should totally be in there ,and some mention of the prison term s and or fines for violation all these sections and and what level ,such as so and so shall be a class 4 federal crime punishable by a minimum of 5years and 50,00 dollars not to exceed 10 years and 10000 dollars bla bla...... to be law it has to have a tier system of penalties otherwise it's just a manifesto

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

I looked on line and found several other 28th amendments proposed, the one proposes that congress make no law that congress does not also obey, I dont know, sounds toothless, but anyway I havent forgotten about your request and I'll have an answer on a website probably by late monday early tuesday.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

reply to post by MrsBlonde

I looked on line and found several other 28th amendments proposed, the one proposes that congress make no law that congress does not also obey, I dont know, sounds toothless, but anyway I havent forgotten about your request and I'll have an answer on a website probably by late monday early tuesday.

you rock HappilyEverAfter! waiting anxiously!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I can't speak for others, but I have been part of a lot of organized groups that have been trying to change things the legal way. How many people called/wrote/faxed their reps during the whole bailout fiasco, and told voiced their opinions that is was a horrible idea? I know there were a hell of a lot, and these groups are actively trying to make sure those that didn't listen are thrown out of office ASAP. I think the worst problem in our country, is that the majority just aren't "into politics", so they vote however their party tells them to, then lets the politicians handle it all. Baseball and football and american idol etc is way more important than the legislation that effects us all right?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

There will come a day, when the pangs of empty bellys wake the zombies from their tv set comas,
but that will not be a time you would want to wake up in,
no preparartions, no clue, and no chance in hell of having any type of control in your life.
Thrust into some chaotic moment, and disposed of on schedule..

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

I can't speak for others, but I have been part of a lot of organized groups that have been trying to change things the legal way. How many people called/wrote/faxed their reps during the whole bailout fiasco, and told voiced their opinions that is was a horrible idea? I know there were a hell of a lot, and these groups are actively trying to make sure those that didn't listen are thrown out of office ASAP. I think the worst problem in our country, is that the majority just aren't "into politics", so they vote however their party tells them to, then lets the politicians handle it all. Baseball and football and american idol etc is way more important than the legislation that effects us all right?

Whole Bailout fiasco?

You mean the one started during the Bush Administration?

And still continuing under the Obama Administration?

As soon as I heard that Bush was starting this I knew they were robbing the piggy bank.

I even did a huge thread on it and about the book The Creature from Jekyll Island.

The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

The problem with people voting on politics is they do not think about the candidate.

They listen to partisan rhetoric, lies, and mud-slinging and let it guide them.

Without actually focusing on the issues that are important.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Whole Bailout fiasco?

You mean the one started during the Bush Administration?

And still continuing under the Obama Administration?

As soon as I heard that Bush was starting this I knew they were robbing the piggy bank.

I even did a huge thread on it and about the book The Creature from Jekyll Island.

The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

The problem with people voting on politics is they do not think about the candidate.

They listen to partisan rhetoric, lies, and mud-slinging and let it guide them.

Without actually focusing on the issues that are important.

SKL I feel ya I really do ,but for reasons to do with contract law THEY NEED THE CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED, so my reply to that is NO I do not agree

i will not vote because of that, that's why they want you to get out and vote
but I will complain loud and long because having NOT VOTED gives me the right to be heard and listened to

according to THEIR rules

why I support this effort by HappilyEverAfter

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Lol are trying to imply that I wasn't aware of the whole bailout fiasco? Also, clinton had a bit to do with the whole deal too, as well as bush and obama. I wasn't quite as aware under the clinton regime, as I am now, I will admit. But yeah, I started getting into politics pretty heavy not too long into the primaries that bush won to get his first term.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I've re-read this one hundred times to assure width, depth and clarity and I'm adding one word,
the word is, WITHIN.

See the original, (first line)
compare it to the revised, (second line)
I believe with the addition of WITHIN, this should cover ALL those employed, even the workers who remain from term to term.

All members of Congress, the Judicial and Executive and all those elected and appointed to the same,

All members of Congress, the Judicial and Executive and all those within, elected and appointed to the same,

opinions and thoughts on this appreciated.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
the problem is these guys use this inside position to maneuver themselves lucrative consulting contracts and go to work for the same lobbyists and corporations that paid them when they were in office . they go into The prision industrial complex or the Military Industrial Complex . Several of them are opening Horse Slaughter Plants in cooperation with Big Cattlemens lobbies

Rudy Giuliani has a paramilitary mercenary business
then they go for the Prison and Military Contracts and that's the circle of corruption

we have to say that any further business from the Federal government is over and it's a conflict of interest for a former Senator or or Congressmen to use his office to then go into private business dealing with government contracts

they can make cookies or widgets or whatever but no government contracts

whadaya think?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

No sir, I don't like it.

1) If what you say is proven false, even if you don't realize it, you're convicted of treason.

2) You are restricted to one term (half term for senators) even if your constituency feels you should represent them longer.

The people's will be damned.

3) Your service to your country has no meaning and you will not be duly compensated for it.

Even though you have to serve for at least 5 years to even receive retirement benefits at the age of 65, two term representatives (four years of service) don't even get that. Make it apply to all federal employees (military included) see how popular your idea is.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
SKL I feel ya I really do ,but for reasons to do with contract law THEY NEED THE CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED, so my reply to that is NO I do not agree

i will not vote because of that, that's why they want you to get out and vote
but I will complain loud and long because having NOT VOTED gives me the right to be heard and listened to

according to THEIR rules

why I support this effort by HappilyEverAfter

Let me get this straight.

You believe by not voting you have any right to complain?

Absolutely not.

They do not take everyones votes and tally them according to particular points that we want.

It is through statistics and documented polls in how and why the politicians select the things we tell them.

However, due to a misguided perception, some see their vote as consent.

This is not true whatsoever.

Our consent is just that a consent, writing letters to politicians, getting articles written in the newspaper.

If this is not enough, volunteering at the Voting Booths, getting involved with the community.

Gaining popular support for something and getting petitions signed and sent in to your representative.

That is where the consent comes from.

Direct impact through letting your voice be heard everywhere possible.

This is of course a short list along with other things I've mentioned.

Voting is only the beginning of our responsibility as citizens in making the politicians work for us.

Because we do nothing through apathy as an excuse we are not heard and we are not represented.

As well as the lobbyist groups and special interest groups speaking louder over our silence.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Lol are trying to imply that I wasn't aware of the whole bailout fiasco? Also, clinton had a bit to do with the whole deal too, as well as bush and obama. I wasn't quite as aware under the clinton regime, as I am now, I will admit. But yeah, I started getting into politics pretty heavy not too long into the primaries that bush won to get his first term.

No, my comment, at least the first part, was sarcasm.

I know Clinton had a lot to do with it, his part was N.A.F.T.A., as well as his policies.

I was speaking specifically to Bush and Obama having their hands in the piggy bank with Treasury.

And Bush did not win the 2000 election, he stole it, using the Secret Service to do his dirty work.

No, I did not vote for Gore, he was an idiot, still is an idiot, I just want a fair election.

As well I want the Electroal College negated and America to use the popular vote.

The problem is the popular vote is too easily manipulated because of the lack of political education.

People, the general populace, do not pay attention to politics until a politician gets caught with an intern.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Ok, I have had plenty of people accuse me of kissing bush's ass, just because I criticize obama, I do get tired of hearing that type of thing lmao. I think it all boils down to the fact, as long as the majority of people are idiots awed by shiny things, us people that do take the time to learn important things are screwed. I mean most people I knew back in NY could tell you every one of the yankees names, but didn't know their representative's name, so sad :/

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

No sir, I don't like it.

1) If what you say is proven false, even if you don't realize it, you're convicted of treason.

2) You are restricted to one term (half term for senators) even if your constituency feels you should represent them longer.

The people's will be damned.

3) Your service to your country has no meaning and you will not be duly compensated for it.

Even though you have to serve for at least 5 years to even receive retirement benefits at the age of 65, two term representatives (four years of service) don't even get that. Make it apply to all federal employees (military included) see how popular your idea is.

1) then maybe people in office and with given power would be a lot more respectful and careful , maybe things would have a little more thorough hands on focus and honesty applied, not this slide in a lie slide out of a lie every time something happens, and if their rearends get in trouble for willfully doing bad things, then so be it.
I'm not saying remove due process I'm saying enforce it and lead from the front by example.

2) Yes youre restricted to 1 term, no more parasites, no more dragging your feet on legislation mid first term to get it done the second term to augment it the third term, making in roads to lobbys and corporations and forgetting the people while your colon gets thick and fat on the populations money, keep it fresh keep it turning over, and if you present the argument that government is so much more complicated than what it seems,
THAT is exactly the reason we're in this boat, it was made complicated so the common man whom it represents buys into the belief that they NEED long term politicians, when in fact they dont.

3) duly compensated? service to your country?
I'm all for correct compensation, not this elite I'm special let's really rape the till compensation,
this isnt a career, it should have never been allowed to become perverted and turn into a career for a small percentage of wealthy controlling and supposedly representing the common citizen,
it's a joke.
The culture in DC has been so out of touch for decades its pathetic.
A few years service does not a lifetime pension make, roll your sleeves back up and get to work and earn your money and your way,
consumption without contribution has to end, it's killing the host and the host is our nation, now and into the future when we're all gone.

4) No it does not apply to the military, apples and oranges.

The 27th amendment should be used for toilet paper, this little roman empire we have here needs dismantled now in the worst way!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join