It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All American Politicians, Are You Honorable Enough To Agree To This? The XXVIII Amendment !

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Ok, I have had plenty of people accuse me of kissing bush's ass, just because I criticize obama, I do get tired of hearing that type of thing lmao. I think it all boils down to the fact, as long as the majority of people are idiots awed by shiny things, us people that do take the time to learn important things are screwed. I mean most people I knew back in NY could tell you every one of the yankees names, but didn't know their representative's name, so sad :/

I railed about Bush and his nonsense.

I rail about Obama and his nonsense.

The President is not representing the people of the country.

Instead it is the lobbyists, special interest groups, and Secret Societies.

Those people willing to shell out the money to put the man in office.

As for people who can tell you baseball players names but not their representatives.

That is why America is as screwed up as it is because these people focus on bread and circuses.

They would rather be entertained and distracted than know what is really going on.

And they only pay attention when politicians get caught with an intern which is a sideshow.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I don't like the idea of punishing someone for lying if they didn't realize they were lying. It's an extreme idea and dangerous, no one would ever speak about anything, underlying ideals for thoughts and concepts would be squashed for fear of reprisal. Opposing viewpoints would be nil lest one side be caught making an incorrect statement then accused of 'willfully lying'.

Term limits are set by the people of a given district. There are pockets of America that do want someone in office for 100 years, even if you disagree with their voting record. Their representing their district and doing a great job of it.

A member of congress is serving the public, just as a member of the military is serving their country. Some of them just aren't doing as good a job as we'd like. Doesn't mean they don't deserve the subsequent benefits they recieve. The idea of opposition to this sounds straight out of Stalin's Russia, "You're serving the for benefit of the state, that should be sufficient compensation!"

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

I don't like the idea of punishing someone for lying if they didn't realize they were lying. It's an extreme idea and dangerous, no one would ever speak about anything, underlying ideals for thoughts and concepts would be squashed for fear of reprisal. Opposing viewpoints would be nil lest one side be caught making an incorrect statement then accused of 'willfully lying'.

Term limits are set by the people of a given district. There are pockets of America that do want someone in office for 100 years, even if you disagree with their voting record. Their representing their district and doing a great job of it.

A member of congress is serving the public, just as a member of the military is serving their country. Some of them just aren't doing as good a job as we'd like. Doesn't mean they don't deserve the subsequent benefits they recieve. The idea of opposition to this sounds straight out of Stalin's Russia, "You're serving the for benefit of the state, that should be sufficient compensation!"

Oh now that is not what I'm suggesting at all and I believe you know that,
Stalin's Russia? that's such an extreme, I am suggesting earned appropriate compensation,
Let's look at that again, EARNED Appropriate compensation,
If your voting record has created loss of jobs and high unemployment and has hurt our country,
and you've made money and friend with those who have done this in the private corporate sector,
look me in the eye and tell me you deserve great care and compensation for your service,
(your damn eye should be poked out with a chinesse pencil).
Your area or state is suffering and youre out whoring around sitting on commitees to no where land, studying cities in another country running up a huge bill and solving nothing,
come talk to the people hurting, let me see you go door to door or town to town,
(They'll beat you with a broom back into the cellar where you should have never come out of)

of course you know I'm not meaning YOU exactly I'm meaning John/Jane Doe Rep.
How about your compensation is determined by the results you produce and the standard of living shared by your represented constituents?

100 year terms? lazy disconnected uneducated uninvolved uninformed autovoters,
entertained but not participating, and you know what I'm saying is true,
well that will all go by the wayside, people would have to pay attention, it would BE that engaging to the populace.

I have been on this planet for over 50 years, I have known every single time I was about to tell a lie for as long as I can remember,
so the unwilling unknowing liar is a far far stretch,
if thats the defense then obviously that official shouldnt be an official because they are dead from the neck up.
I am going to argue every one of my points I think theyre valid, I think there attainable and I believe it's a standard that can be met and accomplished by a well and functioning governing body.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

If you're having difficulty convincing me of the amendment imagine the difficulty convincing 2/3 of congress AND 2/3 of the state legislatures.

I'm sorry, I hear what you're saying, I'm just not buying it.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

If you're having difficulty convincing me of the amendment imagine the difficulty convincing 2/3 of congress AND 2/3 of the state legislatures.

I'm sorry, I hear what you're saying, I'm just not buying it.

I dont believe I'm having a difficulty convincing you at all,
I do believe though that you could possibly participate more than what you are in offering reason as to where your opposition comes from, what need does the amendment remove from your life directly?
How does the amendment harm?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

How does it do me any good? As if my vote wasn't enough to address any issue this amenment you're proposing could address.

The problem with the country isn't necessarily the politicians, it's the people. If we work harder to get participation in elections we shouldn't have to work so hard to keep politicians in line. The idea that a politician isn't deserving of benefits beyond a basic paycheck bothers me to no end. I'm a strong, strong advocate of workers rights and benefits for workers, to deny ANYONE of benefits after they've offered a service as tremendous as that of a lawmaker is reprehensible, in my humble opinion.

I will admit, there are a number of congressional members I disagree with. I'm not going to strip them of the benefits of holding such a position simply because I don't like them or feel they're undeserving. I have this profound feeling that you're basing your ideas on false and presumptious premises. Like The Congressional Reform Act of 2010 does.

I honestly believe you'd do better going after people that don't vote than to attack those that do by attacking their respective representatives. If you look hard enough, you may find a lot of answers to some these problems within the purview of your state legislature.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Okay, fair enough I will, look into that alot more.
Yet why is your focus on defending the benefits and compensation of the elected so myopic?
It is the only reactionary button you keep defaulting to in this conversation, and it does create a hint that you yourself may be or have been in higher government.

Before this becomes an unmanagable starfish with way too many points to focus on at once, going after the voters would be touched upon by creating a greater participation, and that can be done, but one thing at a time,
I want to stay focused on out of control disconnected lawless government for right now.

You still have not shared how this will effect your life directly, in the negative.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I had posted this in an earlier thread which is another variation of the OP's-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How about this-

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!!

Congressional Reform Act of 2010

1. Term Limits.

12 years only, one of the possible options below..

A. Two Six-year Senate terms
B. Six Two-year House terms
C. One Six-year Senate term and three Two-Year House terms

2. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people.

4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

7. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/11.

The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.

Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.

If you agree with the above, pass it on. If not, just delete

signature:
(X) sign here

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

^^^^Did that really just happen?^^^^

Do people even bother reading beyond the OP in threads anymore before replying to them?

To answer your question Happily, no, it doesn't seem to have a negative impact on me specifically. I'm not so self-centered to think of myself before I think of someone else, in this case our elected officials. Not meaning to call you self-centered, I hope you don't take that the wrong way.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

(yes it just happened, happens alot)

Anyway, I dont take offense to the selfcentered statement, and I'm not saying you are either,
What I am saying is pretty much what the amendment proposes,

Current conditions and policies are out of control, they will continue to erode if allowed until the system just implodes,
I dont want to be reactive, we're always reactive.
I expect resistance, people are going to get angry when youre kicking them out of their feathered nests,
but I'm also betting that the majority of the citizens would NOT oppose reform of this type.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
[more

LOL! You do realize that you have about as much a chance of this passing as I do with the birther issue. They will never pass anything that causes them to loose anything!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join