It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Monolith On Mars Moon Phobos CONFIRMED By Astronaut! -Video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Buzz Aldrin is a crazy old kook working as a pawn for NASA to try and get more money injected into the space program by stirring up the publics' imagination.

Have some respect for the man. He is one of the most famous people in the history of the human race.

Pawn for NASA ? Maybe

Crazy old kook ? Far from it.

This man has achieved more in his life then you or most men on this planet could ever wish to do.

I understand he may be viewed as eccentric, but I would like to see any man on this planet go through what this man has, and come out the other end shining.

Its hard enough for the average person to cope with today's society. But imagine being able to do something so amazing, seeing the sights he saw and then having to come back to life as we know it, knowing you will never feel or experience that again, with only 11 other people on the planet who will be able to understand you.

I for one think it would make me crumble, so hat off to the man !

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by discl0sur3

And I respectfully disagree with you --- this artifact notwithstanding. There are countless examples of perfect symmetry in nature. Look at crystals... even enormous ones for natural symmetry.

there is actaully no perfect symmetry in nature, never, perfect symmetry is a construction of the human mind, there is always a differential when one calculates the sides of any apparetnly symmetrical object, even snowflakes and the like..

CX

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3
reply to post by Juston

Lol...my bad. Thought I dug up something ground breaking

I wouldn't worry, it is indeed hard to find out what has been posted before on ATS, the search function is not as reliable as one would think.

Plus, theres always someone who will have been introduced to something new by your post, i mean i had seen the Buzz Aldrin vid but not the images on the planet.

So thanks for that.

Sometimes its just good to have a refresher.

CX.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I would like to point, like I did in one old thread about this topic, that the images do not show the same thing, the first image on the video is from a completely different area from the one that shows the squarish monolith.

If I am not mistaken, it was a newspaper the responsible for the mixing up of the photos, using both photos in the same article as if they were the same.

And, as everybody probably know already, neither of these images are from Phobos.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Actually many crystal habits display perfect cubes. Pyrite being one of them.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
Buzz Aldrin is a crazy old kook working as a pawn for NASA to try and get more money injected into the space program by stirring up the publics' imagination.

"who put that there? who put that there?"...

there is no monolite on phobos anymore than there is a face on marks. It's just a trick of light and low resolution.

Can you prove any of what you said? Do you have verifiable reasons for making those judgments?

tt

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Crazy, I had no idea there were rocks on Phobos... oh wait, yes I did, because rocks are pretty much what moons and planets are made of (aside from the gas giants). Buzz really wants a manned mission to Mars and while I share the desire to see such a mission in my life time I don't think its worth stirring up the already overactive imaginations of the world all over a silly rock.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

So if the rock's so natural you can show me another rock that resembles a large monolith sticking out of the ground?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

A monolith is a geological feature such as a mountain, consisting of a single massive stone or rock, or a single piece of rock placed as, or within, a monument. Erosion usually exposes the geological formations, which are most often made of very hard and solid metamorphic or igneous rock.

en.wikipedia.org...

monolith
monolith
monolith

Of course, on Earth we have a problem with weathering.

edit on 10/27/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Why does god put monolith

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Can erosion occur on a moon?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Pipebomb24875

Very slowly.
That's my point. Basalt tends to crystallize and fracture with straight edges. We don't see many straight edges on Earth because weathering has eroded them away.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I respectfully disagree, I wish we could immediately send missions to explore all sightings of things like this,to confirm or deny. All of the moon anomolies, the spire, the cube, the bridge, the martian face and pyramids. I wonder why the mars rovers don't explore these things. If the red planet is just a vast desert why don't we place one in the cydonia region and solve the mysteries once and for all? Unless of course TPTB have a good reason for not doing it...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Yes. The reason is that there are safer areas to land a unique and expensive piece of equipment. While Cydonia may be of geological interest, the locations at which the rovers landed were carefully chosen. No, there are not really any "mysteries" in Cydonia. All of Mars is a mystery.

edit on 10/27/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I love these topics

It would be nice to see an updated analysis of the whole subject regarding artificial features on far away planets and moons.

I must admit that It can be confusing to know what is real and what is fake..

What would be the ten most convincing?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

there are several rovers so certainly not a unique piece of equipment. my point is if i see something interesting in a photo of mars i would send my probe there or in it's direction after landing,not to an obvious flat barren desert. I don't believe in the face on mars but those other shapes look pretty interesting and as an explorer i would be very interested in exploring them.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I didn't mean that sort of monolith, I mean't like the one from the 2001 Kubrick film. The moon monolith looks like it was placed into the ground, not grew out of it. It looks like there's debris around it as if the object was pushed into the ground at high speed.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

I'll do you one better (even better than the awesome ones Phage provided), how about a naturally formed arch right here on planet Earth:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db3bcab3e2e9.jpg[/atsimg]

Pretty impressive eh?

It may be that such a rock is a rare find on Phobos but that hardly means it is likely to be artificial. Speculating about aliens when normal fully natural causes are more likely is unnecessary. I know it can be fun to bring up the possibility of aliens and we'd all love it if aliens really had put that rock there but it isn't an idea that should be seriously considered without some semblance of evidence supporting it.

It looks like there's debris around it as if the object was pushed into the ground at high speed.

Hmm... This reminds me of something I was thinking about earlier. Could this object be an asteroid that didn't hit hard enough to create a crater? I'm not sure its physically possible for it to be an asteroid or the remains of one (I'm no physicist) but, to me at least, it seems a more likely explanation than aliens.

If it were a rock left by aliens what is its purpose? Why leave it on Phobos instead of Mars? You referenced Kubrick's film but in that movie the first monolith was on Earth's moon where it could be easily discovered. Phobos is considerably farther away. I don't like the idea of a Monolith as a message from aliens. As well as it worked in the film it seems a bit cryptic and odd for an intelligent civilization to place a random rock on a random planet or moon and hope we find it. That's like landing an alien spaceship the size of a pebble in the middle of the ocean and hoping we locate it.

edit on 27-10-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: a NASA scientist has sneaked in to edit this post

edit on 27-10-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: Another government agent has hacked this account

edit on 27-10-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: I refuse to fill out any more of these boxes

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

My two cents !

I am not a massive reader of books but occasionally i like to head to the library and take out the odd book on subjects that intruige me! usually UFO books to be fair, but i do remember reading a book about Remote viewing!! It was a while ago since i read this book and have been unable to recall the title or find it again since.

I do remember reading how the US military took remote viewing very seriously and from what i gather still do today. Anyhow i briefly remember how the remote viewers ( if thats what they were called ) were tasked with co-ordinates of areas on mars and in there viewing they went to these monoliths! I also recall that they were able describe what they callyed a huge hall built into a rock face which they described as "possible holding or waiting area" that was capaple of holding large numbers of people!

I realise without the title of this book or the literature to back this up its pretty useless, but i do wonder if anyone else in the ATS community may have any knowledge about this. It is ( to me ) quite interesting that the US military use remote viewing and take this subject seriously and although it is prob 8 years since i read the book i do recall a large amount of viewing did take place on Mars.

Maybe someone out there can add to this if they are more keyyed up than myself!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

As well as it worked in the film it seems a bit cryptic and odd for an intelligent civilization to place a random rock on a random planet or moon and hope we find it. That's like landing an alien spaceship the size of a pebble in the middle of the ocean and hoping we locate it.

Surely that is the whole point? It requires a certain level of technical ability for a civilisation to find and understand such a monolith, and once the object is found and sends its message back to it's creators they then know that there is no point in going back to that planet/moon because the 'locals' have just got too darned clever.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join