It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming of the Son of man/Signs of the end of the Age

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrecked

If i may ask, what is your reason for leaving Christianity?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

"Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom."

God isn't all warm and fuzzy. There will be wrath!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Bottom line... Bible Verses yes... information that could help maybe 1 person out there. Jesus was certainly hoping for just that as he warned his disciples what to look for and what NOT to look for. As for the OP... Thank-you for the information... it's very useful for a lot of people. For the people that feel it's way beyond them...hopefully they'll go down the road and won't waste our time with their negative rantings.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrecked
reply to post by Seed76

That is what I've been saying all along. That no matter how you try to convey your message, it would seem that the sole basis of argument that these religious fanatics can produce is scripture. They would appear, based on all of the above posts, that they are incapable of establishing their own response and have no alternative but to recite what they have read in a make believe book.

Then you haven't read about,or don't care to accept,the significance of all those fulfilled prophecies!

That's enough proof that God does what He says He will do,and there's alot of unpleasant stuff to come. He has told us,through the prophets,what is to come. To ignore that is foolish.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
reply to post by 11118

Another quote from a fear based negatively oriented entity who wishes to control through the basis of fear.

Unconditional Love is true wisdom, and the truth that rings throughout the cosmos.

Religion has a core of truth, but it's drowning in a sea of perversions - unfortunate that people who believe in this doom and gloom are the ones who are drowning like a cast away into a sea of fear and control.

For some reason there are those who cannot fathom the truth which is without condition, and the truth that all is well.

Any texts that say "Thou shalt not" are texts which are used to control and infringe on the most important core principle of your very being - Free Will.

edit on 22-10-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by raider92
reply to post by Wrecked

I woke up. There was way to much gossip and drama, and in Mathew is says " tho shall not gossip". Every church I attended there was nothing but attention getters and gossip whores. Not to mention that when you raised questions that would question in itself bible scripture, no one seemed to want to address said issues, just wanted to sweep it under the rug.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by raider92
reply to post by Wrecked

I woke up. There was way to much gossip and drama, and in Mathew is says " tho shall not gossip". Every church I attended there was nothing but attention getters and gossip whores. Not to mention that when you raised questions that would question in itself bible scripture, no one seemed to want to address said issues, just wanted to sweep it under the rug.

It sounds to me like you were putting more hope in people than in Christ. All of us fall short,as far as that goes.
Sorry you were put off from having faith on account of that. You should try again!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

reply to post by 11118

Another quote from a fear based negatively oriented entity who wishes to control through the basis of fear.

Unconditional Love is true wisdom, and the truth that rings throughout the cosmos.

Religion has a core of truth, but it's drowning in a sea of perversions - unfortunate that people who believe in this doom and gloom are the ones who are drowning like a cast away into a sea of fear and control.

For some reason there are those who cannot fathom the truth which is without condition, and the truth that all is well.

Any texts that say "Thou shalt not" are texts which are used to control and infringe on the most important core principle of your very being - Free Will.

My guess is that you will fit right in with the One-World religion then. There are those instead who will not sacrifice Biblical truths for "truth" that just tickles the ears.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Hope should be put into yourself. Put into Love.

The Creator is not a separate entity who casts judgement. That is purely a manifesto of those who wrote the bible with intentions of using Jesus of Nazareth for the purpose of control and misguidance.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

reply to post by 11118

My guess is that you will fit right in with the One-World religion then. There are those instead who will not sacrifice Biblical truths for "truth" that just tickles the ears.

"A house divided upon itself shall not stand".

-Jesus of Nazareth

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What is it when a Christian nolonger feels like there is a point. There is no point in putting out Gods word because you will have hundreds of people trying to prove to you that you are wrong. If you put it out for people like me, first I thank you, and I am in agreeance with his word, and I am aware of what is to come, but why continue to try when those that have already made up there mind that ther is no god, or no Christ, will in no way accept him. You can lead a man to water but you cant make him drink. I feel it is time to give up on those that truely feel that our faith is a buch of bull. Screw them. I feel I am more of a radical Christian and mason. I am not here to be friendly and try to convert no believers. I am not Mr nice guy with constant kind words. I am a normal man, a sinner, who's faith and trust is in Christ. And could give less than a flip about anyone else that does not believe, the time has come when it is nolonger our jobs to attempt to usher them to christ. It actually hurts to see someone like the OP still continue to try, and still get continuously shot down by all these intelects who feel they are superior because they think they can prove there is no God. As a Knights Templar we protect Christians as well as those that feel there is but one God and he sent his son to deliver us a message and free us from the bondage of sin. That includes most major religions...I am not religious, I respect all paths to God. And I will do all i can to assist those that are like me, in any state. As for the rest, you all can literally burn in hell for all I care

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

"Hope should be put into yourself. Put into Love."

Believing in the Bible doesn't exclude Love. It's the greatest commandment there is.

You don't like the Bible,obviously. That's your choice. You're not alone.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I have read about the alleged prophecies, but if I may ask, name one prophecy that all are witnesses of? You can't, because the prophecies are just make believe stories, kinda like nostradamus.
edit on 22-10-2010 by Wrecked because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

From a supposed christian, your words and actions are not becoming of a christian. I would seriously question your convictions.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

reply to post by 11118

"Hope should be put into yourself. Put into Love."

Believing in the Bible doesn't exclude Love. It's the greatest commandment there is.

You don't like the Bible,obviously. That's your choice. You're not alone.

I do not dislike anything; I am only stating the obvious misleading texts that accompany the core of truth in the bible.

Whatever puts you closer to divinity is a beautiful thing.

I say listen to the words that contain a positive resonance, such as the majority of Jesus' - and the rest let fall behind.

Jesus was not affiliated with the Bible or Christianity - Christianity/the Bible was affiliated with Jesus.

Look for your own truths, you hold all truths within. Worshiping some far off shadowy entity out of fear of being damned eternally is the work of those who wish to control. The truth is you are Loved so deeply and unconditionally and yet.. many do not remember this.

You are goodness and mercy and compassion and understanding. You are peace and joy and light. You are forgiveness and patience, strength and courage, a helper in time of need, a comforter in time of sorrow, a healer in time of injury, a teacher in times of confusion. You are the deepest wisdom and the highest truth; the greatest peace and the grandest love. You are these things.There is no separateness.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrecked

I don't believe they are "make believe",but if you do,what can I say?

I'll be happy to just leave it like this,we can agree to disagree,and in The End,we will all know the truth,one way or another!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

reply to post by SirKnightE

From a supposed christian, your words and actions are not becoming of a christian. I would seriously question your convictions.

You're absolutly right, most of you all are used to seeing these Christian cowar and try to spread the good word, but my god never told me i had to be a lil b!thc to follow him. I have no reason to question my faith, and now one has any ground to question me and my relationship with my God. i am not here to convert anyone, like I said I give less than two peices of fly sh!t rubbed together about what hapens to YOU when you die. I can only worry about me and my brothers and sisters in Christ.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

I say listen to the words that contain a positive resonance, such as the majority of Jesus' - and the rest let fall behind.

I call that Cafeteria-Style Christianity.

How convenient,to just pick out the parts you like and ignore the rest.

That's not my way of doing it,but ,...suit yourself! Like the other poster said,it appears to be a waste of time attempting to sway anyone else's opinions where this subject is concerned. I'm not forcing anything on anyone.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yup, one way or the other..the end will show itself. If we are all lucky, we will be old and gray with our loved ones~

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrecked

Since you have woken up and do not believe in bible wisdom, could you care to explain what is truth then brother? cheers

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join