It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming of the Son of man/Signs of the end of the Age

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
reply to post by fizzy1

Humans have free will. God can see in the future. why is this such a hard concept to grasp. If you want proof that free will exist do something outside of the norm that you wouldn't normally do. try jumping off a 2 story building

I believe in free will what i refuse to believe in is a man telling me that he can see into the future and then telling me that said future is of my free will to make. If thats the case then the choice has NOT been made yet and that future could not possibly exist. Tell me of possible futures and i will say ok. Tell me of a predetermined future and i will tell you to kiss my rear. Its our choice what happens and that my friend if there is a god who gave us our minds as well as our souls gave us that as well. Free will to decide what actions to take in our limited lives is the greatest gift any creator could bestow on his creation. It would therefore mean he could not possibly know what i am going to decide since said decision is mine and noone will know what i choose to do until i choose it. I would think this would please said creator very much as it would be an exciting change to knowing everything. When we decide to love said creator it would mean so much more than him already knowing who loved and didnt love him. If the choice wasnt ours then there is no fault, no consequence for bad behaviour since said choices that led to bad behaviour wasnt ours to begin with but the creators. No free will is just that. Free. it does not imply a system or universe that is predetermined in any way and have any future outcome already written.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Why in the Hells was this even posted on this site? What was that supposed to accomplish?

Perhaps it was so I can give a link as a rebuttal:

www.skepticsannotatedbible.com...

Any Christian with half a brain just might rethink caring about idiotic prophesies like the ones quoted without reason in the OP after reading that nice list of biblical prophesies that never came true. Perhaps this thread might accomplish something after all...

To all fellow non-believers, If you aren't familiar with the site, check it out. It is an excellent resource for disproving the idiocies of the judeo/christian/islamic cults.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a perfect circle:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

you're completely missing the point, Jesus coming back is a good thing. it means the end of all evil. if you're scared maybe you're on the wrong side.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

Exactly so apparently we are in agreement. Kudos to you for not being trapped within a box. Collectively speaking, man tends to live in boxes. We belong in the infinite.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I don't know if I can speak convincingly on this subject,but I'll give it a shot. I grappled with the whole Predestination thing too,and how it applied to salvation. It couldn't mean that there were some Predestined to Hell,surely,after all,God says He desires that all should come to Him.

I believe that is what it means. It was His desire,and He foreordained that all should hear the gospel and have the way preached to them. After that,it's up to the individual whether it rings true or not. Does one put down their pride and humble themselves before the Creator of the Universe,or not? Lucifer didn't,he rebelled,and his fate is sealed. He would like nothing more than to take as many with him as possible.

If one believes the Bible and knows how it will end for unbelievers,why not accept the gift of salvation,Christ's priceless gift to all who believe?

Why do some believe and others do not? I wish I knew. I know this world,under Satan's plan,has done all it can to convince people not to. Satan is the Father of All Lies. He wants people to believe they are god of their own lives and that there will be no judgement,no condemnation. No need for salvation! No such thing as Sin!

God knows the beginning from the end,and has told us,through His prophets,what will be. Anyone desiring the truth will seek it out with all their heart and admit they were in error denying Him and closing themselves off to the message in the gospels.

These type of threads are reaching out,as if by God's ambassadors,to say,"Come!" Seek the Lord while there is time. It isn't about Religion. It's about Faith and Truth and Love and Redemption and a Final Warning to all,from a loving God who desires that none should perish.

It starts with prayer. Ask God into your heart and ask Him to reveal His truth to you. That's how it starts. If you are sincere,He will answer you,and you will never be sorry that you did.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Wasn't scared. Clicked the link. I actually found it humorous at how weak the intellectual arguments were. I was expecting a well thought out thesis that at least had the markings of a supernatural intelligence behind it.

Shows no depth of understanding of that which the writer(s) profess to debunk. And besides: God will frustrate the intelligence of the intelligent; for it pleases him to magnify the humble & make weak things mighty, thereby showing the rest of us our arrogance at all the things we think we know better than God. Peace.

edit on 22-10-2010 by The GUT because: typo clarification

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Wasn't scared. Clicked the link. I actually found it humorous at how weak the intellectual arguments were. I was expecting a well thought out thesis that at least had the markings of a supernatural intelligence behind it.

Shows no depth of understanding of that which the writer(s) profess to debunk. And besides: God will frustrate the intelligence of the intelligent; for it pleases him to magnify the humble & make weak things mighty, thereby showing the rest of us our arrogance at all the things we think we know better than God. Peace.

edit on 22-10-2010 by The GUT because: typo clarification

Seriously? Weak intellectual arguments?
How's this for you then? Perhaps Jesus was put to death, not to save us from our "sins" but because he was a false prophet...

(Deuteronomy 18:20-22)
"But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die... How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."

Mathew 14:61 But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Of course the High Priest would have no way of knowing that he would die before the supposed second coming of the odd homeless guy claiming to be God's son... But still, according to the law that Jesus supposedly came to fulfill, the sentence passed on good 'ol J.C. was completely justified since this prophecy was plainly false.

Here are a couple other false prophesies supposedly spoken by Jesus himself:
Mathew 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Mathew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

These are only a few examples of prophesies that didn't come true. The list at www.skepticsannotatedbible.com under the prophesies section contains myriads of other examples. You seem to be the one speaking with arrogance in your assertion that the author's efforts were "weak". Your "intellectual argument" is certainly far weaker. Put in a little more effort before you so casually dismiss something you obviously didn't even read beyond a few lines.
Shalom

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Maybemaybemaybe...
Son of Man refers to John the Baptist
Not Jesus.
Just sayin'

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

3 days not of your timing? generation is people of his own race? back in the land? son of man is the seven spirits of new creation from creation or seven eyed stone before YA' Shua

And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

What is man that You are mindful of him,And the son of man that You visit him?

edit on 23-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I have read almost the entire thread and am more than a little exhausted by the bickering and insults and yet I will plod on. Honestly, I'm not even sure if anyone else will check on this thread or not (but I'm interested to see if I get any answers to my questions).

SirKnightE (and whoever else might be interested): You ask why people even bother to try to tell others about Christ, etc...well this is the best way I can think of to try to explain it to you, but I will need at least one willing participant.

The first question I will pose to anyone wondering why "Christians even bother to try to spread the Word of God" is this:

If your child/younger sibling/significant other were doing something extremely dangerous - like your child/younger sibling were climbing up onto the roof of a house (or some other similar scenario), what would you do?

Answer honestly and simply and we can continue on...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave

((once in a bar some were told I was the messiah))
edit on 10/22/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed missing [/u] tag

I'm sorry. . .what?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

What a beautiful avatar!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Religion is sitting in church thinking about fishing.
Spirituality is fishing and thinking about God.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Well, finally, at least I've got a player who's game. We're gonna have to go deeper than any ability you've shown so far though. I'm just sayin', ahem. First, I don't claim to be an expert, and secondly; I don't feel the need to try and answer the whole website you proffered, the website that, I might point out, is the totality of your personal expertise so far. Because "they" said so, eh? So, as hard as this might be for you, lets both agree to work on this together. That you, or anyone would use a fairly easy one to deem as a no-issue--to wit Matthew 26:64--as your opening salvo necessitates me to first ask you how much you've read/studied the Holy Bible?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
In the year 1557 an Earthquake shocked China. 830.000 people died.
In the year 1976 also in China 250.000 died.

The last 500 years volcanoes caused the death of 326.000 people.
1815 Mount Tambora alone killed 90.000 people

In the year 1900 6000 people died in Texas by hurricanes.
1914/18 An estimate of 30.000.000 people got their lights turned off.
1939/45 An estimate of almost 100.000.000 people got killed and effected by the aftermath.

Those wars were no rumors.

Today maybe 10 million people died and there are no wars only military conflicts.

I guess it's gonna a take a while longer.

Or we are currently living the end days for the last 2 millenia or so.

Have a niced aday

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

there is such a thing as "sin" and to not acknowledge it is to stumble into further oblivion no matter how logical you sound describing religion and historical prophets..

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I think when it happens you will know and denial will be impossible

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

What a lot of believers in Christ seem to not understand is " faith needs no example or explanation" , would you sit there and give examples of the love of your family or explain it away? The logic of man is flawed and through his argument the flaw shows, let the atheists find their way and be content with their truth... it is of little consequence because the "promise" is yours to have and not share..... let the words of he who spoke them to you be enough " rend unto Caesar what is Caesar's" lol and rend unto fate what is fate's... those who are seeking answers need look no further than the truth, truth comes from within not without.... darkness leads to a search but those in the light seek nothing finding their destination... hope that helps.... oh yeah and no one can convert someone that is individual will.... I do not believe God gives commision for doing his work.... plus if you convince someone of belief when they are not ready, then even truth becomes a deception.... everything in due time

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

You know I think it says a lot when the man who hoisted the "fraud religion" above all and used it to deceive and mislead his own people for purposes of control was coverted on his death bed.... Constantine was baptized before he died unto Christ... yes he debunked himself in a ways lol.... but Christ is a choice to believe in and for some the time is not now... intellectuals need more than convincing prophecies and heartfelt sentiment.... but I know that faith is something everyone has..... like in a seemingly hopeless situation most people turn to a God they do not believe in.... then when the situation passes they forget their promises and repentance lol and chalk it up to coincidence and luck.... but hey I guess that is part of the puzzle that hopefully we all can figure out before we die.... God Bless You... aint nuffin like being at peace with yourself... even if it is ignorance lol

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join