It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming of the Son of man/Signs of the end of the Age

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
reply to post by 11118

"Hope should be put into yourself. Put into Love."

Believing in the Bible doesn't exclude Love. It's the greatest commandment there is.

You don't like the Bible,obviously. That's your choice. You're not alone.

Sorry mate that statement is wrong. In my opinion as a christian the Bible is not God and certainly is not Jesus. The Bible it self is a book which has many stories and by reading the stories, you are learning the Values and the Message of those stories.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kensho

What is truth?
How can you be sure of the truth you believe in is not a lie.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

I starred your post because I like alot of what you said, and I understand your frustration & compassion for those that keep trying. However, it does probably torment some demons or something when we do ha but the real reason I do it is I know there are still some that will start to research & question.

There are I believe a huge number of folk on ATS that are starting to come to their own conclusions that when all is said & done The Grand Unifying Theory is starting to sink in. The diligent seekers here will start to realize that the Holy Bible does perfectly answer every single point of our "conspiracy" world. From the NWO to UFO to raging climates to UGLY war to torture & all of man's inhumanity to man.

It took me awhile to research through these issues, but when it hit me it hit with conviction & truth. Most of us here KNOW something is up and boiling. The Holy Bible is the smoking gun of truth. It IS the dawning of the NWO and Satan is about to raise some unholy hell. God Bless those that are searching for meaning. (!!Spoiler!!) The good guy wins though

edit on 22-10-2010 by The GUT because: typo

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Brother, I'am not assuming that I have truth, i'am asking the fellow brother, what is truth to him since he doesn't believe in bible wisdom

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

I starred you post because I like alot of what you said, and I understand your frustration & compassion for those that keep trying. However, it does probably torment some demons or something when we do ha but the real reason I do it is I know there are still some that will start to research & question.

There are I believe a huge number of folk on ATS that are starting to come to their own conclusions that when all is said & done The Grand Unifying Theory is starting to sink in. The diligent seekers here will start to realize that the Holy Bible does perfectly answer every single point of our "conspiracy" world. From the NWO to UFO to raging climates to UGLY war to torture & all of man's inhumanity to man.

It took me awhile to research through these issues, but when it hit me it hit with conviction & truth. Most of us here KNOW something is up and boiling. The Holy Bible is the smoking gun of truth. It IS the dawning of the NWO and Satan is about to raise some unholy hell. God Bless those that are searching for meaning. (!!Spoiler!!) The good guy wins though

I guess thats sorta why I get frustrated when they say we are fear mongering by spreading Gods word. Its the total oppisite for me. I know for a fact like you said, the Good Guy wins, So there is nothing to fear. They are the ones that are scared.... I can do all things through Christ who stregthens me.... Even survive an Alien invasion.....

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

son of man means son of humanity (hu-man)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I feel ya, brother. And I also feel that now is the time for us to write compellingly from the heart about what I term The Grand Unifying Theory. Today's questioning searchers now have the events of Revelation actually happening and that will start to make some sense to folk that have previously dismissed the Holy Bible.

In addition; it's becoming more widely understood that some of our greatest (imo) UFO researchers (Vallee, Keel, etc) have convincingly classified the UFO phenomena as other-dimensional. Satan has been absolutely & diabolically brilliant, but I believe he becomes very vulnerable to illumination at THIS stage of his plan.

Believe me when I tell you all that I'm working out my own salvation with fear & trembling. I'm not a holier-than-thou person. I am however a man convinced that the pieces are now becoming easier to discern. God bless all who are still seeking to know the truth.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrecked

Very true you're not supposed to gossip... I think if you would have gave Christianity more time maybe you could have found some real Christians. I think the problem for a lot of people who are coming in new to Christianity is that they get in with so called "Christians" who don't practice what they preach. I am a Christian and I think its great to raise questions about your beliefs because I think it strengthens what you have to a point where you kno it is true

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The sad/funny thing is that if Christianity was suddenly transposed with Judeaism or Islam then this whole thread would be viewed as racists and bigoted.

It really seems as if Christianity is the current whipping boy of religions in this world, even if we take the Islamic faith as it is and also the prejudice that the Jewish (yes, I'm NOt afraid to type that word...) religion has against aginst Arabs', Palestinians etc.

I'm moving quickly towards what was spoken of in the BBC story "The Second Coming". That was that until all of Mankind turn away from ALL forms of organised Religion it will quickly consume itself in violence and destroy itself.

What is required is a Brotherhood of MANKIND.

And I truly believe that until all forms of ORGANISED religions are proven to be nothing more than a few power hungry driven sects then Humans will go on and on killing their Brothers/Sisters in the name of "God".

After all, "God" NEVER asked us to kill anyone and if you believe in a religion that states/requires/demands this then you are already working for the Devil.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

You want to see something open your eyes.... You want to know something close your eyes!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Sorry... but your whole belief system is based around lies. Why don't you go back and re-read my first post. The one you originally responded to. Why don't you go and research what I said. Are you brave enough to shake up your belief system? If you have any intellectual honesty at all, you will seek out the information I have told you off.

IRM

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
islam says, those who believe in the end times shall try to do his best now. why fret over teachings, you "should" know right from wrong. Lo!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Yuki1

Hoe. not always, sometimes one can look through eyes but see nothing.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I started to reply to this thread but my reply became so that I figured that it should have its own thread and thus here is my response to this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Random Bible Verses! Seriously what's with all the Christians trying to scare people into believing in Jesus? You have a better chance wearing a sign of what you believe is evil in the world then post random bible verses on forum sites.

It's not to scare you into believing in Jesus. It's because Yahweh is a fair and just God. It's so that you and others like you are warned. If you don't believe, you don't believe. That is your free-will choice. But when the time comes you will remember what you have seen and read and you will not be able to say that you weren't warned and given every opportunity to turn to Him.
edit on 22-10-2010 by ReginaAdonnaAaron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZodiakZero
Alright- lemme just put this out there. Loch Ness Monster. A handful of debunkings, and it's considered fake.
Bigfoot. A handful of debunkings, and it's considered fake.
The 9/11 Official Report. A handful of debunkings, and it's considered fake.
Religion. A MILLION DEBUNKINGS. And it remains to be considered a widely held truth. What's wrong with this picture??

people need something easy to explain their existance untill science proves them wrong...

nothing good has ever come from religion and nothing ever will...the sooner these people ditch their fictional friend the better...there is no god!!!

and to be honest even if there was...out of principle alone i refuse to believe in something that demands belief without proof...and threatens eternal damnation to anyone who doesnt believe...im stubborn.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

I kind of have to disagree with you there. The power of the mind is a great thing, and a belief that focuses that power has proved to do good, on an individual basis at least. Firm belief, prayer, can actually have a placebo effect. Although it doesn't NEED a religion to happen of course, religious belief can focus a mind on something and have a positive effect. Religious beliefs themselves cannot cause harm to anyone, except when those beliefs are shoved upon the unwilling. I don't care what people believe, god, aliens, bigfoot, whatever. Just as long as those beliefs don't start encroaching upon other people's lives. That is where I draw the line.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The Talmud is not the jewish bible lol. That is a discussion of jewish law, ethics and philosophy. The jewish "Bible" if you will or the canonical book that holds their stories which include the Torah ( the five books of moses) the Nevi'im and ketuvim is called the Tanakh.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamnot

And here is a link for you to look or overlook by your freewill and choice.

Son of God

Ahh freewill and choice. Such a wonderful subject. Well according to the bible versus quoted to us at the start of all this, jesus claims we have neither. He said that the end will come, he goes on to state exactly what kinds of things WILL happen and according to him this must mean it has already happened or he can see it happening. And furthermore goes on to state that it MUST happen. Wars and rumours of wars etc. This MUST happen. SO being that as it were, explain to me freewill again? Seeing into the future, inplies that the future is already written. That there is one determined future not multiple possible futures but ONE and he sees/saw it. Therefore warning his disciples for what? I mean if it has to happen and will happen and according to one who has seen the future knows it will happen then how can it be changed. According to jesus it cant be and wont be. So warn us of what exactly? That no matter what we choose the choices are already made. If a far off distant future is already written then that means everything in between is already written as well. So god and jesus already know every choice your going to make eh? SO if thats so then is it A. like a movie to them that they already know the ending but still keep hoping the psycho wont kill the teenage girl at the end and she might et away or is it B. just a way to make the people who follow you think you have some special ability to know whats coming and use the already brainwashed teachings to confound and brainwash you more?
I mean determinism and free will have no place together. According to the gospels we are to believe jesus knew he was going to die and knew all the events that would unfold and how they would. This being the case then, how is it that anyone is to be held accountable or at fault for their actions since all actions are already predetermined. I mean seriously if god has already laid everything out and according to christians, god is not only all knowing but all powerful and has decided every outcome and knows every outcome to every situation then who exactly again is pulling the strings or do you really think we have no strings and its all our doing? I mean i wonder how christians wrestle this demon to the ground. How do you think you have free will yet everything you do god already knows your going to do it. Yet he chose to warn you about the end of days because?????? why???? So you could change it? To be prepared? Prepare for what exactly. To know that no matter what you do on this earth that everything is already happened and there isnt anything you can do?

I doubt it cause then that would mean jesus would be wrong about his prediciton for the end right? So there ya go your screwed. Damned if you do and damned if you dont.

Personally i do believ in freewill. I do not think things are written and determined. I htink every choice we make every day no matter how small affects the outcomes of everything on this planet even in the smallest and largest of ways. Time flows on like a never ending river and we are just a very very small part of it. Does god exist? Maybe. Does he know everything? I doubt it. Its easy to think of a being that can see to the end of his creation not just through space but through time. If thats the case then he would exist and occupy every point in space and not just space but in every point in space at every possible moment of time as well till the end of time itself. Whatever time is exactly.

Personally i like the words of Rush. I choose freewill

There are those who think that life has nothing left to chance
A host of holy horrors to direct our aimless dance

A planet of play things
We dance on the strings
Of powers we cannot perceive
'The stars aren't aligned
Or the gods are malign...'
Blame is better to give than receive

[Chorus:]
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill

There are those who think
That they were dealt a losing hand
The cards were stacked against them
They weren't born in Lotusland

All preordained
A prisoner in chains
A victim of venomous fate
Kicked in the face
You can't pray for a place
In heaven's unearthly estate

[Chorus]

Each of us
A cell of awareness
Imperfect and incomplete
Genetic blends
With uncertain ends
On a fortune hunt that's far too fleet

edit on 22-10-2010 by fizzy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

Humans have free will. God can see in the future. why is this such a hard concept to grasp. If you want proof that free will exist do something outside of the norm that you wouldn't normally do. try jumping off a 2 story building

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join