It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods frankly getting it wrong:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I refuse to offer examples of this , but I want to just bring attention to some things. Basicaly , on the Board Business and Questions board, threads get closed that ought to be dealt with by that board, or on that board, and it needs to stop. Very FEW of the things I have seen moved to the ATS issues thread have needed to be there, or are an actual "issue" they are just things that have come with the new skin ATS is wearing, and in fact answers will come quicker from the user base,on BB&Q than from mods who are too damned busy to read the thread headers properly and/or make good choices about where a thread ought to be.
Get it right, or leave it the hell alone until someone complains is what Im basicaly saying !

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Please fill out the official form in triplicate.

I'm just kidding with ya TB, don't let the little things get to you.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It is very clear what the BBQ forum is for:

Board Business & Questions: This forums should be used to post questions regarding site policies and respond to announcements from ownership. This is not a place to post complaints.

Please read: Contacting Staff: Alerts, Suggestions, Complaints for details on this.

The ATS Issues Thread is monitored continually and answered by staff. So is the ATS 2010 Updates Thread. These are the threads to post questions, comments and complaints. For suggestions there is the ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future? which is also monitored.

There is also the Complaint/Suggestion form which is sent to the staff forum for all staff to read/respond.
edit on October 21st 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Schrodingers Dog, I hear you buddy , but you see, living in the UK gives me an almost vengeful distrust of people who cannot do thier jobs properly. I call them the government .

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Schrodingers Dog, I hear you buddy , but you see, living in the UK gives me an almost vengeful distrust of people who cannot do thier jobs properly. I call them the government .

How is an all volunteer staff not doing their jobs properly here? We moderate according to the T&C and rules of the site.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I've seen one to many threads just disappear off this site. makes me wonder who runs this site.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I know what the damned board is for. What I am ranting about at the moment is that some people clearly do not, and some of those appear to be mods. I have seen questions, not complaints , issues or suggestions or any other damn thing but QUESTIONS removed from the board for no reason, and thats a terrific waste of your time as mods. Just leave it alone for five mins, catch a swearer , or something but my God its like theres no reason to have a BB&Q if you dont even want Questions in it !
edit on 21-10-2010 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I know what the damned board is for. What I am ranting about at the moment is that some people clearly do not, and some of those appear to be mods. I have seen questions, not complaints , issues or suggestions or any other damn thing but QUESTIONS removed from the board for no reason, and thats a terrific waste of your time as mods. Just leave it alone for five mins, catch a swearer , or something but my God its like theres no reason to have a BB&Q if you dont even want Questions in it !
edit on 21-10-2010 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

Have you alerted this to staff? Without any details, it is impossible to address or even help the situation you are complaining about.

If you have an issue with staff and their actions, etc, please use the complaint form so it can be dealt with.

Or did you just want to complain without resolve? Staff is always there to work with members - but if members refuse to approach us and just rant and complain - it does nobody any good.
edit on October 21st 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWizard

Your board is much better tho, right? You maintain it's standards AND make sure that every person who you allow to use it is always happy about everything. No one ever has a complaint or ... Oh...

Uhh, Oh wait... you don't actually have a board, I forgot.... Silly me..

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
SkepticOverlord
has made an update regarding "ATS Issues" in the BBQ forum.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well you know, the only thing constant is change and sometimes they come fast and furiously. As greeneyedleo indicates, the "Issues" thread is no more. For a really good synopsis of how to bring issues to the fore, please review DontTreadOnMe's most informative thread here.

Creating a thread in Board Business and Questions for general questions is an ideal route. Many times a member will have an answer before a staff member has a chance to respond. For things not really general questions, but more complaint oriented, please use the Suggestion/Complaint function available from the Tools drop down menu. Those are reviewed by all staff.

It may not always appear to be the case, but there's a sincere desire to assist those who are truly looking for assistance. Those who may have a different agenda may experience longer wait times. And maybe not. Depends on who's available and what crises/fires are currently being addressed. It's a busy place. Things get crazy. We try.

Thanks for everyone's understanding and continued support.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Well.... I am going to miss having the Issue's thread available.... I found it very convenient to have a consolidated place to go with Issues and generally found an answer by many helpful people who also read that thread continuously. Now, the idea of multiple threads popping up all the time (especially when no one bothers to use the search function) just makes me dizzy... Sadness.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Perhaps my old suggestion for an "ATS Tissues Thread" in the rant forum can be reconsidered ... you know a general place where folks can tell us how they have been wronged by staff, the universe, and a cruel dog (sp), on any given day ... therein the rest of us could also express the degree to which we care.

Just being silly btw, a lot of valid issues are raised in the BBQ forum, I just wish that some folks took things a little less personally ... both for their sake and staff's. This life's too short for such indulgences. Sun beams on one's face are sweeter than any perceived internets issue.

edit on 21 Oct 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

top topics

join