It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Donnell Intends to Make You All Convert to her Religion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I still don't know who invited the southern Bible thumpers to take over the tea party movement.

Is that a fact, all TPers are southern bible thumpers?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Much ado about nothing.

Neither O'Donnell nor Castle was going to win anyways, so it's a moot point. Unless you just like crying that the sky is falling.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
bible studies with my tax dollars? I think not...thats what church sunday schools or private schools are for.

Would you allow your tax dollars to fund a prayer room in the school for Muslim students? How about a seperate building but still on the school campus?

Technically we are also allowed slaves if we use the non-amended constitution..amendments have altered the constitution. Technically, she is a twit.

Somehow this argument always comes down to the slaves. Thank God we amended the Consitution to right a GREAT wrong.

Then you agree I am right that students should be also taught every single theory anyone can come up with to explain how we are here, be it evolution, creationism, dream matrix, the great tree, hyperdimensional impressions, illusionary universe, etc etc etc.

I believe the mainstream theories should be taught at the junior high/high school level. What you describe would be well-taught at the college level in a religious studies or philosophy class where liberal thought is the norm.

and THAT is the actual problem..
how do you even teach it? how can you possibly teach such a thing.
No evidence, just speculation and some old books from cavemen to build an argument..thats it.
you honestly think that deserves the same timeframe as a scientific discussion showing mountains of evidence on evolution?

You present it the same way the THEORY of EVOLUTION is presented. Mountains of evidence so far, has not equated to SCIENTIFIC FACT which would prove that theory.

And then the philosophy comes up in a science class (philosophy and science should never mix.)
Well, who created the creators? well, it must all be magic then. bah.

And we shouldn't teach kids to think or ask questions, right? We should just indoctrinate them to what WE believe the truth to be? And philosophy and science have been intertwined for centuries!

bah, is right.

It means she has been thinking about just that...and why do people think about it to begin with? She read the constitution and took notes that there was no wording in the original document..why...think for just a half second why someone would seek out that whom is also seeking power to rule..not some academic curiousity, but a subject matter that is literally running her life as she quests for power over the masses.

time to engage in critical thinking.

Scare tactics....yep, it must be election time.

Why would Obama leave out "endowed by their CREATOR" in TWO seperate presentations? Should I apply your logic to why Obama would purposely OMIT wording included in our Constitution? At least she didn't omit, she simply stated what wasn't there.
edit on 20-10-2010 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by pirhanna

O'DONNELL IS A CLOWN!!!

I am a Tea Partier. I am a Conservative. And, I do not endorse, support, condone, or otherwise even admit that O'Donnell is a viable candidate for anything other than homecoming queen at a catholic school!

This chick is crazy, and she is not representative of the current movement where regular people are trying to get involved and wrestle back some sort of control over the government.

THIS IS A TRICK!!

TPTB will put a pretty face and a lot of TV time on somebody and declare them as a representative of YOUR ideas, and then they will either put them into power as a puppet, or they will DEMONIZE them and destroy your whole movement.

I repeat.

O'Donnell, Palin, Beck, Tea Party Express.....they are tricks! Slights of hand. More of the same. They are not representative of small town America, or the Conservative movement, or even the Tea Party movement as it exists on your local level.

Thank you for getting to this before me. I believe this whole O'donnel thing is a non-issue though. First of all, she's not going to win, because she is an idiot. Not only will she not get the secular vote, but she won't get alot of Christian votes because she admitted to being a witch

Even if she wins, she's harmless. No one is going to go for an anti-masturbation bill or any of her other lunatic ideas. Still, I'm sick of people writing off religious people as dangerous. This is absolute BS. Any Christian, Muslim, Jew, Jain, Ba'hai, Buddhist and most other religions (I admit to not having studied Hinduism enough to know if it is a truly non-violent religion) who understand their own scriptures are good and moral people. Ignorance and religion can produce terrible evils, how much do you want to bet that the "real" muslim terrorist (the fed did 9/11 but not every terrorist attack) are completely ignorant of what the prophet Muhammed said of respecting other religions ESPECIALLY the Abrahamic faiths?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

Got to love threads like this. A whole bunch of hate spweing, but little to zero facts to back it up. Just say whatever you feel and try to scare the crap out of anyone even thinking of voting for her.

How are these threads any different than the THOUSANDS of mud-slinging ads on radio and television right now.

No wonder our country is in such a mess.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
She's like a young even dumber Palin...and just like Palin, she's getting way too much attention.

It's beyond me why anyone could vote for her or Palin given how INCREDIBLY DUMB she is. She clearly has no clue about the constitution or how this country is run, and definitely no clue about basic science. It's people like her, Palin, and Bush that make other countries laugh at US politics. I mean, seriously, there's people voting for a woman who claims intelligent design and creationism is a valid scientific alternative to evolution (which has been proven). RIDICULOUS...and sad given that she still has supporters.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by SaturnFX
bible studies with my tax dollars? I think not...thats what church sunday schools or private schools are for.

Would you allow your tax dollars to fund a prayer room in the school for Muslim students? How about a seperate building but still on the school campus?

Not by my choice, no.

Technically we are also allowed slaves if we use the non-amended constitution..amendments have altered the constitution. Technically, she is a twit.

Somehow this argument always comes down to the slaves. Thank God we amended the Consitution to right a GREAT wrong.

Agreed, and also made sure there is no government establishment of religion...which is the point of this entire thread. Glad your on board

Then you agree I am right that students should be also taught every single theory anyone can come up with to explain how we are here, be it evolution, creationism, dream matrix, the great tree, hyperdimensional impressions, illusionary universe, etc etc etc.

I believe the mainstream theories should be taught at the junior high/high school level. What you describe would be well-taught at the college level in a religious studies or philosophy class where liberal thought is the norm.

Ahh, the mainstream theories...and who defines mainstream? How about just the practicing religion..why should islam be taught, but not judism simply because there are more muslims in the world than jews?
So, practicing religion...ok...great, here is the list
Wiki List of Religions in the world

Of course don't include the polytheistic religions...because that stuff is just silly...many gods in a council creating the world...everyone KNOWS it is a single godhead acting like cosmic emperor...

and THAT is the actual problem..
how do you even teach it? how can you possibly teach such a thing.
No evidence, just speculation and some old books from cavemen to build an argument..thats it.
you honestly think that deserves the same timeframe as a scientific discussion showing mountains of evidence on evolution?

You present it the same way the THEORY of EVOLUTION is presented. Mountains of evidence so far, has not equated to SCIENTIFIC FACT which would prove that theory.

When teaching evolution, they present pictures of fossils, of skeletons, of dna structure, of variations of temperature, of a clear line of life going from single celled amoeba's to present day man and pretty much every step in between.

Explain the counter to this in intelligent design in regards to evidence...gonna produce a piece of toast with the likeness of christ in it or something? Explain the evidence that could be presented that does not support evolution when in context?

-will wait-

And then the philosophy comes up in a science class (philosophy and science should never mix.)
Well, who created the creators? well, it must all be magic then. bah.

And we shouldn't teach kids to think or ask questions, right? We should just indoctrinate them to what WE believe the truth to be?

Its a strawman argument.
First, suggest aliens made things...ok
then, while on that unsubstantiated claim, and while they are distracted with that, make them ponder where they came from...suddenly, you have a base to introduce the magic man that created the whole lot, and since he created the aliens, he probably created us also...case closed.
How about this...we keep science in the science classroom, and keep philosophy in the philosophy classroom.
Should any religion produce scientific evidence, then sure...introduce it into the science classroom...but until then, keep it in its place, which is any other fantasy and wild claim that took root in ancient societies enough to influence our civilization...just leave it out of science class.

It means she has been thinking about just that...and why do people think about it to begin with? She read the constitution and took notes that there was no wording in the original document..why...think for just a half second why someone would seek out that whom is also seeking power to rule..not some academic curiousity, but a subject matter that is literally running her life as she quests for power over the masses.

time to engage in critical thinking.

Scare tactics....yep, it must be election time.

Why would Obama leave out "endowed by their CREATOR" in TWO seperate presentations? Should I apply your logic to why Obama would purposely OMIT wording included in our Constitution? At least she didn't omit, she simply stated what wasn't there.

Good point, I am glad Obama may indeed not be lead around by invisible deitys whispering in his ear on how he should use his powers...I can only hope it wasn't a slip-up but rather a showing of who he truely is...someone whom does not believe God will step in and save everyone if we screw things up...

A president seeing us personally responsible for us...how refreshing..I wish he could simply come out and state it though...but meh, the chimps would freak out if they found out we had a potential athiest president.
edit on 20-10-2010 by SaturnFX because: quote fighting

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
the one good thing to come out of the O'Donnell situation is that it shows anyone can run and win

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

This kind of mentality has been going around for years...... (the Irish Free State)... nothing free about it! Signed over all it's powers to The Vatican! A Theocracy arose whereby the institutions of Health/Education/Law and Civic Government were vested in the hands of the Roman Catholic Church
! Devalera ....betrayed his people Instead of emancipating them... he enslaved them further.... Nuns were the headmistresses at schools... And Priests just terrified everyone to do their' bidding! These people [for people they are] have proven themselves to be cruel/vindictive/egocentric paedophiles) and God have mercy on their souls!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

yes my friend! WAR! What is it good for?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

O'DONNELL IS A CLOWN!!!

I am a Tea Partier. I am a Conservative. And, I do not endorse, support, condone, or otherwise even admit that O'Donnell is a viable candidate for anything other than homecoming queen at a catholic school!

This chick is crazy, and she is not representative of the current movement where regular people are trying to get involved and wrestle back some sort of control over the government.

THIS IS A TRICK!!

TPTB will put a pretty face and a lot of TV time on somebody and declare them as a representative of YOUR ideas, and then they will either put them into power as a puppet, or they will DEMONIZE them and destroy your whole movement.

I repeat.

O'Donnell, Palin, Beck, Tea Party Express.....they are tricks! Slights of hand. More of the same. They are not representative of small town America, or the Conservative movement, or even the Tea Party movement as it exists on your local level.

I couldn't agree more. These tools seem to exist only to discredit those genuine grassroots (sane) people who have issues with where this country is heading. Glen Beck especially is such a piece of *snip* that I doubt Charman ever made enough toilet paper to wipe him up properly.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 10/20/2010 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Please tell me this is a joke, O'donnell's statement that that's in the Constitution? Was true bewilderment of how any one could be so misinformed. Nowhere Nowhere Nowhere in the US constitution is is written nor implied that there is to be a separation of Church and State. This is a bunch of malarkey that the lying-ass liberals and people who hate the US Constitution has made up. A lie and so many weak minded brain dead Zombies have signed on to spread. Makes me sick that these leftist panty wastes are not smart enough to read the document before they think they are the smartest people in the room. FYI you look stupid sitting back and criticizing someone for being dumb when it's obvious the leftists are the ones that are as dumb as a bucket of guts. If you are going to challenge me on this point then show me where in the Constitution it is written.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.
edit on 10/20/2010 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hopefully someone can produce some quotes to support the allegations against O'Donnell.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Poor James Madison, Benjamin Franklin and John Adams, they're all rolling in their graves right now. Is everyone too blind to realize the Unites States of America was FOUNDED as a secular nation?! Ugh.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
When will the religious right accept that Creationism is the epitome of pseudoscience and not to be taught in public schools as it is disinformation and not fact?!?! The fact does remain though that the theory of evolution has been written up in hundreds if not thousands of scientific peer reviewed journals, where as "Creationism" has yet to produce one single solitary scientific peer reviewed paper. I don't doubt this woman also believes in a six thousand year old earth as well. I completely agree with Coons statement: "Evolution was science, creationism a religious doctrine."

Perhaps Christine could reiterate with: "Evolution is just a theory, it hasn't been proven!" Wrong! In science, a theory ties together all the facts about something, providing an explanation that fits all the observations and can be used to make predections.

Maybe O'Donnell should run for the Presidency and have Ken Ham (founder of the creation museum in Kentucky) as her running mate.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

"religion be taught in schools"

Some muslims pray 12 times a day as is their custom.
If one wants to pray before class, during class, or after class, 'who cares'.
As long as folks keep their prayers and their conception of their 'creator' to themselves, so be them.

The multiplicity of religions was just another divide and conquer scheme.
It's worked for the wrong purpose.
Why couldn't one just have a 'personal' relationship with a creator without feeling the need to join an 'organization' or have another interpret the word of 'the Creator'. This makes no sense.

If folks want to come together in a church setting and celebrate and share their daily experience of/with the creator and help the neighbor folk out, no problem. Churches and other 'faith' facilities are far too 'organized' for any 'real' sharing with meaning to take place. Just a personal observation. I've known folks of many faiths, here in the US, and they're just 'folks' to me hoping to go they're own way. Well then, carry on, carry on with yourselves.

One should keep their 'faith' to themselves.
What man could claim to be your 'interpreter' of the 'creator'.
Just look up, ask your question with 'good' regard unto your neighbor.
You make your vision, the creator could guide you along your path.....if you acknowledge and respect 'the Creator/s'.
One could start by respecting 'creation' itself.

Try to keep it real folks.
One can only fool themselves.
The truth cannot be 'written'.
It Is just as one cannot merely write the concept of gravity,
but rather decribe it with symbols and words.

Symbols are far more accurate than words.
A symbols is only a characateur of a truth.
Blabla, enough for now.
Later folks.....

edit on 20-10-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cayrichard
Hopefully someone can produce some quotes to support the allegations against O'Donnell.

We have it on video...not just quotes

There's no pretty way of saying this, but if you're voting for this dummy, you are one yourself.

But sure, vote for her...she will protect you from those evil mice with fully functional human brains

edit on 20-10-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
O'Donnell felt she needed to join the quasi-republican version of the Tea party movement for support.
The real 'tea party' (idea of which cannot be persOnified) represents the ideas of freedom inherently expressed in the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution. She will be held accountable for her 'change' if elected.

Freedom inspires creativity.
'Control' and monopolies depress it.
Hence, all the friction.

Everyone will be watched very carefully from here forward till 'change' becomes truth.
Perhaps then one can return to leaving there doors unlocked, once again.
Yes, the time is near, one can 'feel' it.
.....for a reason.
edit on 20-10-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cayrichard

You mean the videos that were posted to youtube within an hour or so of the debate? Trust me, seeing it typed out doesn't do the moment justice. The video is incredible. You can tell she's angling for the "nowhere in the Constitution is the phrase separation of church and state used" argument. So when she kept pressing Coons, he brought up the establishment clause of the First Amendment. And then, with this absolutely incredulous tone of voice and sneer on her face, she asks, "That's in the First Amendment?" The audience goes dead silent for a second, then gasps, then starts laughing at her. And she, in her little fantasy land, starts smiling and laughing, probably thinking they were laughing with her and not at her.

It's right up there with her line from last week's debate about how we fought the Soviets in the 80's and 90's in Afghanistan and had to stay there to finish the job now because we didn't finish the job back then. Seriously, I've worked in Delaware since '97 and now I actually want to move there so I can vote for her. Because where else am I going to get four more years of this level of entertainment for free?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Let me break it down for you. There is no seperation of church and state. The document people often cite, is the constitution. The constitution limits the federal government's power, not the states' power. If a state wants to declare an official religion, it can do so, unless the state's constitution prohibits it. The federal government cannot however claim a national religion.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join