It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we need a National "Complain about President Obama" Day?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well, I have put some thought in to your proposal of a "National Bash Obama" day and I really see no need for it.
We are after all Americans.
We can bash him 365 days a year, if we want. Why would you want to restrict us to only One?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

President Bush was also lampooned as a chimp, Hitler, you name it, it's only racist when directed at Obama. As far as death threats, there are plenty of people on here still wishing him death or physical harm...........I'd say it's equal. As far as complain about Obama day, it should be everyday, and twice on tuesday, just like it was for President Bush. He didn't inherit anything, he wanted the job, he paid alot of money to get the job....it's all in his hands, sorry he has such a mess to clean up from the Dem controlled congress, that's just how it is.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Hello TKDRL,
I see you new to ATS,
I would like to welcome you!
If you have questions or need help with something, let me know, I will be glad to help in anyway I can.
I look forward to seeing you in the Forums.
Quadrivium

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by savageheart

Obama inherited a country that was already trashed by Bush.

Man! D.C. must have been an awfully lonely and quiet place for the eight years that Bush was the only politician in the whole city! And, he must have been one busy guy, casting all those Senate and Congressional votes, all by himself.

See, Sword. You yourself just proved all the complaining isn't just about Obama

My sincerest apologies to Savageheart!
edit on 18-10-2010 by WTFover because: Correcting the grievous error of attributing the quote to the wrong person

edit on 18-10-2010 by WTFover because: BB code error

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

You have quoted someone else......certainly not me.....please check yourself before proceeding.......

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I do believe the best question to be answered is, "What has the Obama administration done, that they said they would, that has one iota of benefit to this country that he is in charge of making the decisions thereof for the benefit of said country?"

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

WTFover , you are a WISE MAN . No kiddin' ! ............

edit on 18-10-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
To answer the OPs question: No need for a special day to complain about Obama. I like doing it 365 days a year.

But if we had to name a day, I would choose April 15th. (For those who don't pay taxes, that day is the deadline for filing taxes.)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Why only one day?
If you voted, either for him or against him, everyday should be a "National Complaint Day."

Everyday is a free-for-all for this imcompetant crap-for-brains some would call "president".

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Sorry, he did not inherit anything, he lied and stole it. I personally will not be happy until he comes clean with all his background information, and once we find (and we will) he was not eligible to be president, EVERYONE involved is tried for treason and punished. I will then shut up!
edit on 10/18/10 by xyankee because: spelling

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

My sincerest apologies for my mistake. It has been corrected.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Good idea - should have thought of this before Columbus Day (which needs to be abolished IMO) - we could have had National Bash Obama Day - been off work and not pay taxes. Well since he's such a turkey - we could consider it for Thanksgiving

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

are you proposing a 'free speech day'? sounds alot like a 'free speech zone' to me. get together with dick cheney and come back with a proposal for us!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Sword, should the people just not exercise their Constitutionally protected right to bring grievances to their Representatives and their President?

While I came to this site in 2009, I did not have the opportunity to engage in this forum to show my discourse and criticism of former President Bush.

Now, if the policies President Obama is pursuing and pushing are being criticized, have you ever thought that there might be some merit in the arguments? Minus the petty stuff, there have been some pretty large changes that are not actually changes.

It is actually one of the most patriotic act that an American could ever engage in; holding those that you consent to govern to actually adhere to and maintain the Republic according to their designated duties as founded within the Constitution.

You can have a day if you want. But that day should be everyday of the year. As for me, if the man does something that I find to be grand or great, he will receive my support on that area. The anti-thesis of your statement would be a National "Praise the President Obama" Day....

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Thank you.

Second line???

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Again, I feel it necessary to ask this, yet I do not want to derail this thread.......I do believe the best question to be answered is, "What has the Obama administration done, that they said they would, that has one iota of benefit to this country that he is in charge of making the decisions thereof for the benefit of said country?"

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

that's because this site is full of contrarians. When Bush is in office, they complained about Bush. When Obama is in office, they complain about Obama.

It's what makes them feel important.

Right now, we have support for all these "Would be" candidates for POTUS, guys like Ron Paul, for instance. If he were to be elected, it'd be the same thing all over again.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Honestly.....do you think that Obama has stood up to what it is he PROMISED this nation???
Wow! I figured people would be all over this like ants on sugar.......or something similar. The Obama administration has created a plethora of demise in several ares of the work force. I am a finish/ interior trim carpenter who was used to doing two houses a day under the Bush administration, just for arguments sake, and now, reduced to maybe two houses a month...........now, I ask you, who is responsible for such? Why is it that almost 80% of the population is seeking work? I am a white male born in middle Georgia to all American parents. I have witnessed how the Hispanic community has been involved with such and on one hand I applaud them, they work harder and longer than any others I witness on job sites..........yet, on the other hand, I have witnessed the downside of such, cheap labor sometimes affords you the reckoning of hiring those who are familiar with the trade and the codes thereof. I have traveled the world, I spent three years in the "Most beautiful city on Earth" as a child.......I have witnessed diversity, different religious sects..........nothing compares at this point as to what the current POTUS has us involved in...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

President Bush was also lampooned as a chimp, Hitler, you name it, it's only racist when directed at Obama. As far as death threats, there are plenty of people on here still wishing him death or physical harm...........I'd say it's equal. As far as complain about Obama day, it should be everyday, and twice on tuesday, just like it was for President Bush. He didn't inherit anything, he wanted the job, he paid alot of money to get the job....it's all in his hands, sorry he has such a mess to clean up from the Dem controlled congress, that's just how it is.

Isn't it just dandy how people are so willing to make excuses for Obama?

He asked for the job, said he could handle the job, and that the oceans would stop rising and the Earth would begin to heal itself if he was elected.... Oh so many lies.. where to begin?

Obama doesn't really "know" Bill Ayers - Lie
Obama doesn't really "know" Tony Rezko - Lie
Obama didn't "know" Rev Wright was a black liberation theologist - Lie
Obama would accept public financing if John McCain did - Lie
Obama said his father served in WWII - Lie
Obama will close Gitmo - Lie
Obama will stop the war in Afghanistan - Lie
Obama will end the war in Iraq - Lie
Obama will pass bailout and unemployment will stay under 8% - Lie
Obama will not have lobbyists in his administration - Lie
Obama said he campaigned in all 57 states, well, except for Hawaii and Alaska - Lie
Obama said doctors give kids breathalyzers - Lie
Obama said doctors want to amputate feet and remove tonsils - Lie
Obama said his administration would be the most transparent ever - Lie
Obama said there would be no earmarks in his "Stimulus" plan - Lie
Obama said all bills would be posted on the internet for 72 hours - Lie
Obama would not "rest" until BP oil spill was cleaned up - Lie
Obama will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House Web site for five days - Lie
Obama said if you make under $250,000 you would not pay one cent extra in taxes - Lie
Obama said he would eliminate capital gains taxes for small business and startup companies - Lie
Obama said there would be no more homeless veterans - Lie
Obama said he would lower health care costs for the typical family by $2,500 a year - Lie

And that's just what I could think of off the top of my head.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake,
America.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Now this is exactly what I expected from the original request.

Thank you for this list that shows only a snippet of what has been PROMISED!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join