It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Alien Landing Site

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sodakota
Why the center of the United States?

How about the center of North America? Rugby, North Dakota.

Yup multiple potential sites.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Hate to disappoint you, but they have already landed.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Check the records of time.

They will likely be found in the archaeological, mthyological records as well as in the religious texts.
Could you please explain what do you mean by that?

Check for solar positioning, equinox and solstice and planetary positions combined with star positions.

Which ones in which order at which point on the globe at which time?

Now that is the million dollar question, now isn't it?

Anything to do with space time co-ordinates should be thoroughly researched immediatly.

Can you explain the connection between that and the geographic centre of the United States?

And the connection between extra terrestrial beings and Earth evens like the time of the sunrise and sunset?

It's a good place to start.

Now plug in the times for sunrise and sunset on Dec 21, 2012
edit on 17-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

In reading through this thread, I never found a satisfactory answer as to why anyone would choose this specific location and proclaim it to be the absolute, no questions asked first landing place for aliens. In fact, I were I a moderator, I would have likely intervened with the topic for not being on task. However, in line with being off-topic, one comment caused me to think about an additional component to the overall theme:
Suppose that aliens or time travelers or whatever arrives when they/it arrive truly are masters of both time-space as many presuppose. If this were to be accepted as fact, then the visitors would not only need a landing site, but they would also need a TIME. What is it about this specific time in history that would stand out enough to instill sufficient reasoning in such an advanced being that they would select the "here and now"? Location certainly is and should be important, but would it not further insinuate the dire negative nature of our time in history if they were to indeed choose to appear now? If I had control of time as well as space, I would have many other preferred places in, of, and apart from this particular time I would want to see.

So, do we not have to first accept that we are experiencing the coming doom and gloom so often decried here at ATS, or does it just mean they can only go exactly 1856 years in the past and to those exact coordinates due to lack of control of their mechanism (of course this implies they would be from 1856 years in the future)? The simple point is that although I would love to see such an event, it is possible that this could be an indication of some really unpleasant news. I do want to add that I would be happy to be wrong in this instance.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by samstone11
In reading through this thread, I never found a satisfactory answer as to why anyone would choose this specific location and proclaim it to be the absolute, no questions asked first landing place for aliens.

However, in line with being off-topic, one comment caused me to think about an additional component to the overall theme:

Suppose that aliens or time travelers or whatever arrives when they/it arrive truly are masters of both time-space as many presuppose.

If this were to be accepted as fact, then the visitors would not only need a landing site, but they would also need a TIME.

What is it about this specific time in history that would stand out enough to instill sufficient reasoning in such an advanced being that they would select the "here and now"?

Humanity is at a ttipping point.

There are just over 6 Billion people on this planet now.

We can not continue on our present course without drastic changes and expect to survive as a species.

Resources vrs people (Demand vrs need)

Intervention would logically be our only hope of survival.

Now wheather this internvention involves depopulation or something more positive like the release of advanced technology which allows us to continue to support the growing population is a point of considerable debate.

Location certainly is and should be important, but would it not further insinuate the dire negative nature of our time in history if they were to indeed choose to appear now?

Again it depends on thier intentions.

If I had control of time as well as space, I would have many other preferred places in, of, and apart from this particular time I would want to see.

Is it your place to choose?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I do not understand the tone of your response to my post. I very clearly stated that "IF I" had the choice, there are other times and places in history that I would choose.

However, I must agree that humanity not only is at a tipping point, but must collectively make decisions which will impact the whole of our race with little to no information available to the masses. Therefore, it is my PERSONAL hope that, as you stated, such an arrival would herald a sharing of much needed details and hopefully technology or other items of value which could safely guide us through this crossroad.

Unfortunately, if time is all an illusion, almost all bets are off.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

who cares about modern day scholars you really going to use that as an arguement when ancient civilisations knew what the planets colours were and the surfaces and we only found out all of them until 1963 yeah they really are just playing catch up hey.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by samstone11

... "IF I" had the choice, there are other times and places in history that I would choose.

Well we're not in Kansas anymore Toto.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Not a landing site at all man. Just another. Cool monument that let's us know about the center of the United States. Now tell me why you think 2012 is real when the same thing was said about 2000 and other times? And tell me would aliens land in the center of the united of the united states? Nothing is going to happen and as far as I'm concerned many scientist said nothing will happen. This must be a joke right? Why?
edit on 18-10-2010 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi

... tell me why you think 2012 is real when the same thing was said about 2000 and other times?

Because the Federal Reserve will be 99 years old in 2012.

Three generations from start to finish. (Renewal? - Maybe, maybe not. Ya'll looking pretty fuc*ed right now)

And tell me would aliens land in the center of the united of the united states?

They speak english perhaps?

Seriously wouldn't they choose some kind of symbolic form of communication to attempt to overcome communication barriers?

A landing in the center of the US, the issuer of of the worlds reserve currency, might be an attempt at communication with all parties involved.

Nothing is going to happen and as far as I'm concerned many scientist said nothing will happen.

And they know because?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
BLAH BLAH BLAH you are wrong only because you told me I'm Fuc*ked. We are all supposed to be nice and I just told you my opinion so why are you so angry? Oh wait! I know why! It's because you want everyone to think the same thing you do and believe what you believe. I got news for you buddy. IT AINT GUNNA HAPPEN THAT WAY

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
BLAH BLAH BLAH you are wrong only because you told me I'm Fuc*ked. We are all supposed to be nice and I just told you my opinion so why are you so angry? Oh wait! I know why! It's because you want everyone to think the same thing you do and believe what you believe. I got news for you buddy. IT AINT GUNNA HAPPEN THAT WAY

If I put an automatic weapon in your hands and pointed you in the direction of the enemy, would you use it?
edit on 18-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Check for solar positioning, equinox and solstice and planetary positions combined with star positions.

Not really, the million dollar question is "do Aliens really exist?"

OK, you chose that place for no special reason, you could have used any other place, is that it?

Why?
Why sunrise and sunset? Or did you chose those times for no special reason, you could have used any other time, is that it?

Sorry to keep on asking, but after three pages I have still to understand the connection between the things you said in your opening post and the supposed topic of this thread.

Thanks in advance for an eventual clear answer to my questions.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
They are going to beam down to Earth in true Star Trek style.

Oh, and they'll land at Stonehenge. I have thoroughly researched this subject for 20 minutes and 12 seconds and I'm in no doubt that they will beam down to Stonehenge.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Why would they choose America as a landing site. Americans are known to shoot them down if they have the chance. If aliens would land they would choose a country who would be less hostile i guess.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

Maybe that's what they want, to be shot down.

Then they will say that the US has weapons of mass destruction and that they need to replace the president and bring a true "et-cracy". Then they will invade.

Or maybe not.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy

Why would they choose America as a landing site. Americans are known to shoot them down if they have the chance. If aliens would land they would choose a country who would be less hostile i guess.

A less hostile country than the US?

Where do you think they might land?

Somolia, Iraq, Columbia, France?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Why?
Why sunrise and sunset? Or did you chose those times for no special reason, you could have used any other time, is that it?

Sorry to keep on asking, but after three pages I have still to understand the connection between the things you said in your opening post and the supposed topic of this thread.

Well, I don't know about the whole 2012 thing (from my understanding it is a mis-translation of the Mayan calendar anyway). BUT, choosing sunset and sunrise, specifically at solstices and equinoxes at certain locations on Earth, may be of use for figuring possible official symbolic landing zones. It's reasonable.

Consider The Origin Map by Thomas Brophy, PhD. Archaeoastronomy has shown some VERY interesting data about the neolithic peoples of those living 4,500-6000 years ago in the Nabta region. If correct, it suggests that our ancient ancestors may have known much much more about our neighbor stars: things that have only become more clear to us with the use of orbiting telescopes. It centers around a 'calendar' site used as a temporal marker in relation to Orion's belt.

The really interesting info comes from the correlating yet separate megaliths arranged in two lines projecting at various distances away from at least two confirmed central 'complexes'. According to Thomas Brophy they measure spacial distances of certain stars in Orion's belt, radial velocities of those stars, and orbital velocities of possible planets or companion stars. It uses Vega as a physical and temporal point of reference (since it is the only star in the formations that is actually coming TOWARDS us instead of receding).
Sorry, I don't mean to derail, as this would put us off in another tangent... But I guess what I am saying is that there would/may be a temporal consideration in selecting possible sites of symbolic interest for non-terrestrial intelligences to formally introduce themselves to the masses. That is if we speculate off of Dr. Brophy's, et al, data. There's a reason for it.
edit on 18-10-2010 by Flux8 because: .... squirrel

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Not really, the million dollar question is "do Aliens really exist?"

Many people believe so

OK, you chose that place for no special reason, you could have used any other place, is that it?

There are many places that one could have started with.

Why?

Yes you could and should use other dates and times.

I chose 12/21/2012 becuase many believe that something significant will occur on that day.

Sunrise and sunset are what the NOAA website calculates.

Thanks in advance for an eventual clear answer to my questions.

If aliens were to appear where/when do you think they would appear?

I didn't claim that this is where/when aliens would appear.

In my first post I said this is a brainstorming thread as to where they might appear.
edit on 19-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I think they may appear (if they exist) wherever they want, for their own reasons, and choosing Earth locations based on Earth events, Earth reasons and any subjective reason for picking some of those locations events and reasons from the whole collection of locations, events and reasons is pointless.

Unless you are an alien.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join