It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enormous Ring is Developing on the Sun!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
reply to post by scitpeks

Obviously light, or lack thereof.

Do you agree?
edit on 17-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

Temperature differences, actually. Sunspots look dark against the bright sun because they're about a thousand degrees cooler than the rest of the sun: en.wikipedia.org...

They are caused by magnetic lines. The sun is a plasma sphere and the poles will occasionally flip (once every 11 years or so)... the last time was around 2001, when you get some REALLY strange stuff on the sun (see the pictures in this article): science.nasa.gov...

The sun isn't just a stable ball of gas; currents flow and swirl in it, affected by magnetic forces (and the iron forming in the core and a whole lot of other stuff. I suspect the circle is a current (flow) in the sun.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

The sun isn't just a stable ball of gas; currents flow and swirl in it, affected by magnetic forces (and the iron forming in the core and a whole lot of other stuff. I suspect the circle is a current (flow) in the sun.

Glad you too can see the circle.
I think I need to read up on the sun. There's so much to know and it is important to our very existence.
Thanks for posting that info..

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
SOHO 2010/10/17 13:06
Latest picture on SOHO.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
If there's no oxygen in space, how does the sun burn?
2nd line. :p

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nobody you know

I thought there was always a ring around the sun?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by scitpeks
reply to post by 0ne10

You just replied to yourself.You know thats a bad sign right?

Wrong. It was a simple mistake that I just fixed.

Anyways, back on topic. These pics are NOT normal pics.
They show different spectrums, UV etc.
Light and dark, shadows etc doesn't come into it.

Uh how else do cameras take pictures? Everything you see was caused by light.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Temperature differences, actually. Sunspots look dark against the bright sun because they're about a thousand degrees cooler than the rest of the sun: en.wikipedia.org...

Temperature = radiation = light.

So you just agreed with me.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

Uh how else do cameras take pictures? Everything you see was caused by light.

You don't mean that, you are just joking I'm sure.
You have heard of Xray cameras?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Yes I have heard of x-ray cameras. Of course...

They use x-rays (light) which have a smaller wavelength than visible light and can pass through objects easier than visible light. Then they use a film or sensor to capture the light which passes through the object. The end result is an image which can be likened to shadows.

edit on 17-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I suspect the circle is a current (flow) in the sun.

Would that then make the current AC or DC?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

They use x-rays (light) which have a smaller wavelength than visible light and can pass through objects easier than visible light. Then they use a film or sensor to capture the light which passes. The end result is an image which can be likened to shadows.

I understand what you are saying but I think you know if discussing shadows as you were, then you are refering to visible light. Xrays are at the opposite end of the spectrum to Radio Waves but I don't think you'd say radio waves are really light.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

I don't think it necessarily needs oxygen to burn, there are other flammable gasses.

This is a very interesting subject though...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

No, I do refer to radio waves as light.

My knowledge of light is extremely vast, and I know a very powerful "theory of everything" that can help you understand all technology, and technologies you have never heard.

The entire electromagnetic spectrum is considered "light". There is no difference between visible light and radio waves. The only difference is the wavelength, but they are both the same force (electromagnetic radiation).

Yes, I do often refer to radio waves as light. Radio antennae are basically huge light bulb filaments. Yes, really.

csep10.phys.utk.edu...

Thus we see that visible light and gamma rays and microwaves are really the same things. They are all electromagnetic radiation; they just differ in their wavelengths.

edit on 18-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
First of all, relax. The "END" is not near. There is a greater chance of nuclear war destroying our civilization than a huge solar event. Further, you're more likely to die in a car crash. Did you know that more people die in car crashes in the U.S. than we lose soldiers to WAR? And, don't sweat the flu stuff. We lose almost 40,000 people in the U.S. to the "normal" flu. The pandemic swine flu scare that was concocted to drive up sales of vaccines made "big pharma" billions of dollars. And how many died of swine flu? Less than a 1,000, and not all of those deaths could even be attributed to swine flu.

The point is... Solar activity, even unusual activity, is not going to get you before the day-to-day threats we all face. If you smoke, drink or even bask in the sun too long, you're going to face health concerns that will *easily* outweigh anything the sun is going to do in our lifetimes.

Okay, so a semi-ring is forming... So what? Now, if a *COMPLETE* ring forms, yeah, you might want to dig a bunker and stock it with 20 years worth of supplies and dig an internal well. But even then, I wouldn't get worried unless that ring started to turn black or some weird sphere was to *emerge* from the sun, like it was giving birth to a new planet or mini-star. Yeah, that would qualify as *weird* enough to create that bunker or buy an RV and take a trip to somewhere where there are plenty of caves/caverns. We wonder why ancient sites like Cappadocia (sp?) in Turkey were created. Well, perhaps because of solar activity, not just religious freedom.

There is evidence that humanity has been around for *MILLIONS* of years, and that periodically (on a galactic scale) we keep getting "wiped-out." Artifacts around the world prove that we have lost certain abilities and technologies. Why would we have forgotten such things?

Global destruction events.

I doubt this recent solar activity is heralding End Times. However, comma, we should prepare as best we can. Stock up on water and food. Stock up on protection (guns and ammo for some?). Learn first aid, CPR. Learn to hunt, fish and clean prey. Learn how to dig wells and purify water. Have a plan. It won't hurt.

Chances are, though, that your preparations will help you more with man-made disasters than anything solar-oriented.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

The entire electromagnetic spectrum is considered "light". There is no difference between visible light and radio waves. The only difference is the wavelength, but they are both the same force (electromagnetic radiation).

Would be good to hear your theory then.
I think the "no difference' bit is subjective though.
There are many differences. Speed being just one.
But I guess you can put that down to wavelengh, but still it shows there are differences.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

But I guess you can put that down to wavelengh, but still it shows there are differences.
Yes, but it's still essentially the exact same force, electromagnetic radiation. Microwaves, radio waves, visible light, infrared light, x-rays, all of it is EMR.

edit on 18/10/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I understand that obviously, its all electromagnetic radiation, but does the average person condider the whole spectrum as Light?
I would say no...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Would be good to hear your theory then.

I'm sure you would learn a lot of interesting things from it. That's a whole different topic of course.

I think the "no difference' bit is subjective though.

It's all electromagnetic radiation. If you had a swimming pool full of water and you saw tiny ripples on the surface and called them "A", then you did a canon ball dive into the pool and made larger ripples on the surface and called them "B"... are "A" and "B" not both water?

There are many differences. Speed being just one.

All electromagnetic radiation (the entire spectrum) travels the speed of light in a vacuum, because all electromagnetic radiation is light.

The only speed differences you are talking about are the propagation velocities, which is the speed that the light passes through other objects. Although different wavelengths take longer than others to pass through objects, they are still both light.

Anyway.... sorry to get off topic.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

Anyway.... sorry to get off topic.

lol, so back on topic.
You called the "Dark Patches" shadows, which I find incorrect.
Shadows implies the light is being blocked. In the case of the pic in question the dark patches are probably areas of lesser temp or emr. Not shadows.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

The average person who took a physics class would refer to it as all light.

en.wikipedia.org...

In physics, the term light sometimes refers to electromagnetic radiation of any wavelength, whether visible or not.[2][3]

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join