It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enormous Ring is Developing on the Sun!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
A bright 'hot spot' just north of the filament's midpoint is UV radiation from sunspot 1112. The proximity is no coincidence; the filament appears to be rooted in the sunspot below. If the sunspot flares, it could cause the entire structure to erupt....spaceweather.com

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It looks like a ring to me too.
In fact I'd say it looks like a Bubble!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
According to space weather, this is not very benign. Apparently the fissure has connected it self to a solar flare and could potentially erupt along that line.

A bright 'hot spot' just north of the filament's midpoint is UV radiation from sunspot 1112. The proximity is no coincidence; the filament appears to be rooted in the sunspot below. If the sunspot flares, it could cause the entire structure to erupt.

UPDATE: Yesterday's M3-flare did not destabilize the filament. Stay tuned, however, because sunspot 1112 is growing and more activity is possible in the hours ahead. Readers with solar telescopes are encouraged to monitor developments.

www.spaceweather.com...

edit on 17-10-2010 by W3RLIED2 because: ed- fix pic embed

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I personally think this is ridiculous. Over 100 Flags? Theorizing Green Portals? Holes opening up in the sky? The return of a messiah? Come on don't let your brains fall out.

You can see all of this type of activity from our last Solar Maximum.

For anyone interested:

Make your Own SOHO movie

Step 1: Choose which Camera to use (EIT 304, EIT284 or Lasco's etc...)

Step 2: Put in your Start and end dates. (I would recommend anywhere after 2000 to 2003, you do not want to much or it will take forever to load all of the images before your movie starts.)

Step 3: Choose Movie under Display.

Step 4: Click search and it will load your movie. (May take awhile if you choose a wide date range.)

Step 5: Watch the magic of Prominences, CME's and other so called end of the world green portal type occurrences.

-Kdial1

edit on 17-10-2010 by kdial1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It may have already been said, but it could be that the sun is getting ready to "blow its load" onto us.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

A doozie.

-sidenote - I try to ignore those who add nothing but ridicule on others however I never expected so much flaming or childish useless remarks. If you cant say something supporting or refuting please dont say anything at all. Calling people stupid and idiotic is pointless and serves no purpose. Thanks for listening.
edit on 17-10-2010 by maluminse because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by wantsome

A massive solar flair could whipe out every power grid on the planet and knock us into the stone age for 10 years.
I'm still failing to see the downside?

edit on 17-10-2010 by DreamerOracle because: errors

link   
First: There is no basis for assuming that what people are calling a ring on the Sun is in any way dangerous. Assuming such a formation were real, it would be unprecedented and not subject to prediction. I began by assuming that the 'ring' was merely a chance arrangement of features on the Sun. It still seems likely that this is the case. The human mind is very good at connecting random details into a coherent picture, such as a circle. Having said that, there is a notably ring-like feature near the middle of the Sun, and of about half its diameter. It is best seen, as far as I can discover, in an image from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO), a space satellite observatory. The image referred to is labeled: EIT 284, which signifies that it was made in ultraviolet light, wavelength: 284 Angstroms, or about 7% of the length of the shortest light waves we see by. The image is tinted yellow, merely to help distinguish it from the others. It can been seen at the SOHO website:sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by etcorngods

Listen to me -- it might be the most important thing you ever do.

edit on 17-10-2010 by etcorngods because: (no reason given)

Narcissistic personality disorder

Overview
Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition in which there is an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with one's self.

Symptoms
A person with narcissistic personality disorder:

Reacts to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation
Takes advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals
Has feelings of self-importance
Exaggerates achievements and talents
Is preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love
Has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
Requires constant attention and admiration
Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
Has obsessive self-interest
Pursues mainly selfish goals

For others whom would take you seriously. Scaring people into seeing you as some sort of messiah is soo not on...a sphere/circle is the most common form in nature, no, nobody has to listen to you as some sort of epic important thing to do in life. Your preying on the fears of the ignorant.

Glad you posted that. I just found out I'm a narcissist.

Learned two things today, Jesus is coming back as a sunspot, and I'm a narcissist. I now have an excuse for being an a-hole. Booyah.
edit on 17-10-2010 by milkmustache because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
reply to post by wantsome

A massive solar flair could whipe out every power grid on the planet and knock us into the stone age for 10 years.
I'm still failing to see the downside?

edit on 17-10-2010 by DreamerOracle because: errors

yes theres a downside!! We cant post to ATS!!!! And worse than that I just bought a new phone. wtf with no grid its an expensive coaster...! (or wait I think I can still play resident videos assuming we have electricity)

It will be interesting to see what if any the predicted sun flares will effect us. Could be a y2k or something intense.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

Every grid? For 10 years?
Don't think so.
edit on 17-10-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

Link doesn't work, says it's a malformed Identification.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
First, Thank you : ) Awesome post.

Originally posted by achaiah86
just a very small thought....has anyone had crappy bars for there internet service and then now as of the last few days it go up or down? does anyone else think there might be a link?

This has been happening to me. My cellphone used to get great service but lately it's not so hot. Also the wireless internet in my house has been funky the past couple days but I ignored it.

I'm curious to see if something will develop from this...Definitely staying tuned in.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Yes the filament in the southern hemisphere is magnetically connected to sunspot 1112.

Yes, there was an M2.9 flare from sunspot 1112 yesterday (which no one seemed to pay any attention to). There was also a G1 (minor) geomagnetic storm which no one seemed to pay any attention to.

Yes, further activity with sunspot 1112 may cause the filament to either collapse or be ejected (or it may not).

In any case, sunspot 1112 and the filament have rotated to a point at which even if the filament erupts (which is not really a big deal) it will not be directed toward Earth.

Spaceweather.com tends to overdramatize a bit.

Oh yes, once again....no...there is no "enormous ring"

edit on 10/17/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Spaceweather.com tends to overdramatize a bit

So are you the resident expert and voice of reason on all things solar?
I have read some things about the study of the sun and what seems obvious is that we know very little.
I don't think that means we should all hold hands and wait for the end everytime the sun does something unexpected, but I also don't think you or anyone else for that matter is in a position to state opinions as fact.
I like your views but I take them for what they are. BTW, it really does look like a circle to me, kinda cool.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Your welcome re loosin the head - I kept seeing it in my dreams

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Spaceweather.com overdramatizes a bit, they bad. Glad you put that across - will read with grain of salt from here on in.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux

Helium - The First Element

Not that I disagree with you, but your example is a poor one. First, that circle is an abstract representation of randomly moving particles. Also, Helium is the second element, you can tell because it has two protons and two electrons. Hydrogen is number one.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

In any case, sunspot 1112 and the filament have rotated to a point at which even if the filament erupts (which is not really a big deal) it will not be directed toward Earth.

Thats comforting, Phage. I'm far from an authority on the sun but thought the space weather update was worth posting.

Beautiful pics though!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You have to love the excitement of one doomsday scenario after another on ATS,and as each one fails another is just being typed on an anonymous keyboard in a dark corner of a room somewhere.The problem is when someone gets on the real deal we wont be able to read about it.Keep em coming !

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join