It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The Chronicle Project research prove Joseph Smith never heard from God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spokaneman1983

Is it coincidence then, that at the time people are waking up, that the chronicle project

www.thechronicleproject.org...

has discovered that all of the western "religion" was based on bogus translations of the Hebrew texts?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by shoulda taken the blue pi

How can you prove bogus translations though? Anyone can claim bad translations. If you want to see the true OT ask the Jews.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I am a jew. I know ancient Hebrew
Read the material, answer your question
www.thechronicleproject.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

You call yourself a Jew. But what do you believe is the question. Judaism is a religion. Do you represent Orthodox Judaism and God?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
still haven't read the material huh
Sigh

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Don't need to. That material is not truth to me and numerous other Jews. So I don't need to read false claims of true Hebrew.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Recommended viewing - The Bible Vs. The Book Of Mormon (Complete)

Regardless if you believe in the bible or not - meaning - if you don't believe in the bible, then you've got even less reason to believe in the Book of Mormon.

Fantastic video.

There's NO archeological fact in the BOM.

peace

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

You are trading one belief system for another.
Either The Chronicle Project is wrong or JS is wrong, take your pick.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Don't need to. That material is not truth to me and numerous other Jews. So I don't need to read false claims of true Hebrew.

I can't believe you just said that. I know something is false without assessing the information.
What are you doing on ATS? This is about receiving and assessing information and with that being able to draw intelligent conclusions.
When I see a line of Hebrew where there are two words left untranslated and several words translated against the known meaning for them, I know something is wrong. I began to question what we were told to believe.
Then I find out that my language is a mathematically based formula that insures correct translation has me say,"There is proof of the higher beings we speak to others about".
As our ancient language sits now, we are a joke, a section of holy fairy tales for the weak of mind. Suddenly we have proof that it was real, because this language is unlike anything ever formed on the Earth and you say YOU KNOW.
That is truly sad.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scoriada

You are trading one belief system for another.
Either The Chronicle Project is wrong or JS is wrong, take your pick.

Or both are wrong

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

First of all and very important, You have a simple matter of fact wrong;

I am part native American, I am from a Tribe that is a branch off of the Shoshone. They are part of the Great basin Indians.They are Aztec-Menoan ( SO. & Central American) If you will research and study what the Native Americans looked like that lived in Florida and the Southern States and other central states in the 1700 & 1800 hundred you will be surprised to see that they have white man features. My tribal people have a very dark skin but their facial features are not what you might think of as Native American features. This is a common mistake made by many young people who have been taught by some liberal professor and you as the student did not go out and do any decent research on your own so now you are faced with the embarrasment of not knowing what the Hell you are talking about..

If you cannot get a small but well known fact like this straight, why should anyone believe your ranting and raving about a certain religeous belief ?

KMG

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kissmygrits

What exactly does Native Americans having White Man "features" have to do with Joseph Smith exactly? Also, I do hope you are aware that racial mixing did occur when Europeans arrived. You said the features existed in the 1700 and 1800s which is the time that such mixing would have occurred as the land was settled by explorers right? Also, saying that a tribe had White Man features hardly means Joseph Smith was right, there are plenty of other explanations about where such features could have come from... here are just a few that are more plausible than ancient Hebrews settling in America and an angel telling a guy to write a book about it:

1) The climate the tribes lived in was similar to the climate that European features developed in, causing a similarity in features

2) Racial mixing occurred perhaps starting as early as the 1500s with the arrival of the Spanish.

3) The similarities in features are coincidental. Human beings are very genetically similar regardless of race and it is perfectly feasible for a tribe to have had European SEEMING features.

4) Other Europeans KNOWN to have reached the New World, such as the Vikings, might have mixed with the tribe

5) The Tribe was "Americanized" in the 1800s during Assimilation and racial mixing occurred at this time, later legends or stories cropped up that, in fact, the White features had been there all along

Another point is that IF a lost tribe of Israel made it to America they certainly wouldn't be spreading WHITE features. In case you didn't know Israel is not in Europe, its in the Middle East.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So two things I want to mention after reading up @ www.thechronicleproject.org...

First, So the gist of what you are postulating here is that Joseph Smith was wrong because he didn't translate the KJV using wording appropriate to this system of understanding Hebrew?
For example, "I put on my hat" should possibly read, "enclosure / emptied / cover / the head" or something like that? From what I gathered at CP, it's a very "mind's eye" language. If God did inspire him, even God would know that would be one unreadable book!
So really I guess we need some more clarification from the OP on what the discrepancies are between JST writings and the Chronicle Project's work.

Second, The site lists Chris Tyreman (with no credentials) as Head Researcher, but mentions a team many times. I searched high and low on that site for a team list and credentials. Nothing at all. I am not one to put blind faith in degrees, but I would think they would have open disclosure of the authors. Who exactly is behind the Chronicle Project, if you know?

As for the Banned Cartoon
Comedy. The material presented is about 30% lies, 30% half truths and 30% misrepresentations of Mormon belief. I really liked it though, cause I was expecting the justice league to pop out any second!

edit on 9-11-2010 by blamethegreys because: Because sometimes editing makes me feel smarterer!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join