It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing the ATS Grimoire - Communal sharing of all wisdom Occult and Paranormal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I hope no one minds if I jump back into the tide and give this one a shot. I feel I've been away for too long.

1.) With the casting of spells and performance of rituals, what are some different examples of "things" that can be accomplished?

This depends entirely on you. There is no actual limit to what a spell, rite, ritual, or ceremony can be intended to affect. However, some thing just won't happen no matter how much of the aethyr you try to use. For instance, you won't achieve the power of physical flight from a spell. You won't grow a severed limb from the power of a ritual.

But you can twist about your probability lines for events. Magick is about making things happen, so a spell or ritual can accomplish anything as long as it's something that can happen. People can fall in love, inspiration can be given, sicknesses combated, emotions changed, lost items recovered, psychological underpinnings explored, and so much more.

2.) What is the thing that gives power to the spells and rituals?

This is a many-splendid question. To some it is called Chi. To other's it is the Magickal Will. To most it is energy: bio-chemical, nuclear, bio-electrical, or a varied many others. To others' it is simply thought which creates the possibility.

The truth is that no one really knows. Humanity just has diverse ways of tapping into reflections of what IT really is. I know that seems to be a vague answer, but the reality is that the source is different for every person as it manifests itself differently.

Explore, and you will come to your own conclusion on what IT is.

3.) Where does an individual draw power from?

Yourself. And nature. And those around you.

Power is not a "physical" thing, as much as a connecting element between all things. Please note, I did not say sentient things. Nor did I say living things. All things, conceptual and actual, supply power in equal amounts to us all.

I hope this helps you out in some small way.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Spoken true,

For help with a visualization - Yoda said it right.

Try not to judge it as a science fiction film, listen to the words and see how it applies to your reality.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Ok, first some background. I am a born High Priestess. I am both gypsy (Romany) and Strega (Italian Witch). I have practiced for 28 years. I have personally developed to a point that I can cast a circle using only a lighter and a bit of incense. (you can always find dirt on the ground, and you have water with you all the time.) The point of casting a circle is to contain power so that your energy does not scatter.

All that is really needed is representation of the four elements. Earth (salt, dirt from the ground, a rock, anything that is from Earth Mother), Air (incense or feathers), Fire (red candle), and Water.

They should be arranged either on an altar or on the ground. I personally have my altar in the center of my circle. Some place it at the North and some at the East.

Start at the North or the East and go clockwise. (I will start at the East since it is my preference)

Take the air representation and go to the East quarter of your circle and hold up the air representation. (if it is incense then light it) The point of each element is to add layers of stability to the circle so the power is properly maintained. The wording should come from the heart, but it usually helps to start out with something you can recite until you understand the process. Something like, "Forces of Air, powers of the East emerge from black of night. In honor of the Old Ones, come and lend your energy to my rite." Then walk clockwise around the circle visualizing the air representation releasing etheric energy into the outer edge of the circle. Once you have returned to the East quarter, place the air representation on the east side of your altar.

Repeat this process for each element, always starting at the appropriate quarter. (East-Air, South-fire, West-water, and North-earth) When you walk the circle with the fire, light the candle and hold it out to the edge of the circle as you see the etheric energy releasing from the flame. With the water, sprinkle it as you walk. With the earth, sprinkle either salt or dirt. Each time you start, say the same thing substituting the appropriate element and direction.

Once you have done this with each element. Return to the altar and light a candle for the God (white or red) and a candle for the Goddess (white or green) While lighting them say, "For the God. For the Goddess"

Once done, say, "The circle is cast. I now stand in sacred space.

To open the circle when you are done. Just reverse direction, start at the North and go counterclockwise. Each element should be walked around again. At each quarter first hold up the element and say something like, "Forces of Earth, powers of the North. Many thanks for lending energy to my rite. Retreat now back to the Shadows with the blessings of the God and Goddess." Once you return to the quarter, you should take each element and neutralize it. Pour out the rest of the dirt or salt on the ground. Pour out the rest of the water on the ground. Extinguish the fire candle. Let the incense remain on the altar til it burns out.

Then thank the God and Goddess as you extinguish each flame. Then end by saying something like, "The circle is now open. May my will be carried through the night."

(And never blow out a candle. Always snuff them out.)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Cool thread! I believe Humanity is approaching a time where we will make another great leap forward in consciousness it may be decades or even a century before we realize it fully but all the occult things we see people experiencing such as psychic awareness, obe's, intuitions etc. now are the beginnings of humanity moving from the plane of emotion to the plane of mind. The great teachers of the past from Buddah to Jesus and those lessor known and beyond have all been preparing us for that. The Christ consciousness is indeed an energy to move us into mind and a focus on uplifting humanity rather then serving self which we have largely been doing for thousands of years but slowly moving to the other. Granted most of humanity is still polarized mostly in the emotional however we are seeing more and more people seeking for something higher and having these experiences.

"Always try to follow the highest you know" is a theme for the new move forward IMO. it is not new but appropriate IMO. I have read studied and been seeking for many years and explored many esoteric teachings and writings from religious and occult to the ancient wisdom. I have been involved with a group called the Keys of Knowledge for over ten years and feel their vibration is the highest I can discern at this time. I have explored many others but always come back to them as it feels most like home. The initiator is a man named JJ Dewey who I discern as a modern day teacher and has written a wealth of articles synthesizing many of the ancient teachings and clarifying them and something I have not seen any other modern teacher do is bring new teachings of principles and concepts that are not just a rehash of things that have already been presented.

I do not always agree with JJ however we have become great friends and one of the things i admire about him and see as a sign of a great teacher is he does not pressure one to believe his teachings nor try to pull some higher authority or knowledge trip on you for disagreeing and even teaches that such authority is false and all teachings should be questioned and tested including his own and one should never accept any teaching unless they have confirmed it within themselves and not by some false authority like a church or supposed master etc.

He has a site with a wealth of writings and teaching you can explore if you like freeread.com...

I would like to present some of what I have learned there and elsewhere on this thread. I'll start with an excerpt of one of my favorite articles called: "From Consciousness to initiation".
It is several parts but gives a real good feel of the journey we are on and especially if one is feeling lost or depressed or even contemplating suicide this might give them a sense of the bigger picture:

www.freeread.com...

"Many mineral lives join together to create one plant life, many plant lives join to create the new animal life, and a number of animal lives may fuse to create one human. To enter the kingdom of God numerous humans unite in Molecular Relationships and create lives greater than themselves. (Read my book on "The Molecular Relationship" for a full explanation of this.) What you are as a human has always been, but in the past that which makes up you as a being has been fragmented. In the beginning these fragments entered the mineral kingdom. After these tiny parts of yourself experienced all they could there they joined and entered the plant kingdom. Later theses larger fragments joined other fragments and entered the animals. Finally these still larger fragments fused and you resumed your human form. Nevertheless, you are still not complete. There are other fragments of you out there who are awaiting the joining. When you link up with them you eventually overcome death and enter the Kingdom of God. Finally, when all the fragments of the One Great Life whom we call God have linked up then all of us will see ourselves as a part of a greater whole. In this process you never lose that part which is "you" just as in putting together a car the wheel is still a wheel, but when you have the complete car assembled you do not call it a wheel, but a car. Even though all of us are fragments of God, those who are immediate fragments of ourselves are limited in number. Each of us has at least one teacher somewhere, either on this earth, or in the worlds of Spirit who is a more experienced fragment of ourselves. Then there will be another to whom you will be the teacher who is a lower fragment of yourself. The joining of the fragments, or becoming more than you are alone produces your next major step. When you entered the human kingdom you linked up with a higher part of yourself and came to an amazing realization. One day it dawned on you that you are a human and that you are different from every other living thing. You comprehended that you not only looked different from a physical angle, but that there was a different person with a different character within your body than there were within other bodies. This was the day that you entered into Class One of human existence."

If you read the whole thing it really makes a lot of sense and I think you will relate to much of it and also some of it will be new but interesting none the less. Enjoy.

edit on 24-10-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Good post WS!

Ritual and ceremony in my view are a means of focusing energy on that which you wish to accomplish. Energy follows thought. In other words anything accomplished began with a thought. Action and effort complete the thought. Ritual and ceremony help one cement the thought so one is more likely to follow through with sustained focus on accomplishing the thought and the universe tends to open the doors to accomplishment once it sees the sustained focus on it. The universe will test you though to make sure you are serious! This is the essence of magic it is generally not like Harry Potter in the worlds of form. We may enter a period like then when we advance but right now we have to operate within the parameters of the world of form, still healings and other great things can be accomplished in this manner

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Could anyone care to tell me more on demons and the summoning of them. I find them interesting since I've read and heard a lot of poltergeist activities and stories over the net and from people I've spoken too.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

What is your purpose in summoning demons?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Luminakisharblaze

None, just very curious.

Its that subject what made me interested in all the 'other world' kind of stuff.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Ok, just checking first. What exactly would you like to know about demons. It is never a good idea to summon them. I have astrally been to the Abyss more times than I'd like. (you could say business trips to free people who tried to summon demons and got in way over their head) I can tell you anything you want to know about the, so ask away.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
Could anyone care to tell me more on demons and the summoning of them. I find them interesting since I've read and heard a lot of poltergeist activities and stories over the net and from people I've spoken too.

Hey there jonnyc55

I had to smile when I read this ... in a nutshell I would say ... 'any interest you have in demons ... either the summoning or vanquishing off ... forget it' !!!

Trust me ... there are some things in this world and out of it that it's best not to know or be involved with.

I and my team have just spent over 12mths getting rid of something of that nature ... we only wrapped it up a couple of weeks ago with a very potent ritual.

In fact Gradius came up with the idea of this very thread so that we had a place where we could continue conversations and share wisdom on pagan and paranormal subjects with those who have an interest now that the case is closed ... because quite a few of us likeminds had become good 'virtual' friends throughout it's run.

The entity in question lulled us into a false sense of security the first time we thought we'd got rid of it ... only to return a couple of months later with a new approach and tricked us into thinking it was a seperate thing all together ... once we saw through the trickery this thing showed it's true coloures and became much more active and physically forceful towards the end ... we did manage to keep some control over it but it almost got the better of us on numerous occasions ... even tried pitting us against each other.

It is best to stay away from such things under any circumstances ... but to seek them out on purpose is beyond foolhardy.

If you'd like to read the two threads about this case (they are quite long but worth the read) here are the links;

#1 Demon Identification Help Required -
www.abovetopsecret.com...

#2 The Messenger - Dirken Ridge - update of the demon identification (Red Eyes) case -
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Woody

edit on 25-10-2010 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Trust me you dont want demons in your life,I had out of control demonic activity in my house and life for a while with loud explosion noises,flashing lights,a phone line got blown out,threatening messages from the radio and tv,interference with dvds and remote controls etc etc,in fact I've had so much exposure to them I can usually know what Im dealing with by smell theres sulphorous ones,ones that smell like musty earth,ones that smell like rotting vegetation garbage,although I've learnt some basic defences and they're currently not bothering me for some reason they seek me out,not the other way round-maybe I pissed off some evil warlock or something I dont know but I do know demons are dangerous and disruptive.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

In my experience a demon will seek out those who are sensitive enough to perceive them and make attempts to draw or gain power. Your curiosity of demons is rarely for your benefit and may one day lead to your own personal hell on earth. I would suggest avoiding them entirely or if you demand dealing with them then do something useful which contributes to their binding, dissolution or destruction with the guidance of an experienced teacher.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus

Spoken true,

For help with a visualization - Yoda said it right.

Try not to judge it as a science fiction film, listen to the words and see how it applies to your reality.

Hi Gradius Maximus,

Lavin' your thread here. Uhm and wow what I can say about vid clip? Nice.

It dawned on me that a ghost could pick up a car and throw it at someone using "the force".

That never crossed my mind until you posted the vid so thanks for that.

If I saw a truck levitating and noone there, as in invisible, I would probably look for somewhere to hide... right away. lol

Fallin',

Star

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I guess my background offers something a smidge different and I'm glad to see a communal collection of this sort. My paranormal experiences started when I died twice as a child. My father decided to cure me of a seafood allergy by immersion in the allergen. Ever since then it released my spiritual energy and gave me some unique abilities. I started seeing "ghosts". I started seeing darker entities. I spent most of my childhood and teenage years honing my abilities, studying theology and the occult. Possession particularly interested me, thanks William Peter Blatty. But then I learned about psychological disorders that mimic possession. Which made me want to become a psychologist.

I was a Catholic but found my faith waning do to inconsistencies in the Bible. So I began to delve deeper into studies of the occult. I had an experience with a ritual demon summoning(as a witness) at age 18. I came to the conclusion that if creatures like that exists then God must exist.

To follow up on possession I took a trip to the exorcism capitol of the world at the time, the Kenyan Catholic missions. I served as consult on several church sanctioned exorcisms. What I saw shook me to my core. I began to study different religions and their rites of exorcisms. I've witnessed exorcisms from almost a dozen different religous practices.

I decided I wanted to head up my own investigative team since I thought I had a unique perspective and an appreciation for the scientiffic method that no other paranormal group seemed to have. Long story short, after many years here are some truths that I learned.

There are several types of human hauntings. Residual, intelligent(benign), intelligent(benevolent), intelligent(malevolent) and intelligent evolved. The 1st 3 are self explanatory. The last was different. Human spirits that didn't have access to a particular version of the heaven, that through ancestoral spirit worship, assuming the identity of a local demigod etc.... Gain power through fear, worship etc.... Human spirits that became more than basic human spirits. Powerful. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Sometimes beholden to a particular religion or belief structure, sometimes not. Some of these spirits predate modern religion. And can't be contained using the methods of modern religions.

Demons exist. Most religions have their own demons. An Islaamic exorcism won't work on a Christian demon and so on and so forth. Christians get a sense of entitlement because by callin on Jesus to cast out demons through a priest works on the majority of your possession and obsession cases. Why? Well, not because Christianity is the be all end all, but because Jesus was recognized in many religions, at the very least as a prophet and/or exorcist. The greatest exorcist of all time. So allowing Jesus to cast out demons of Jewish, Christian, Islaam and hindu religions through a priest is effective. After years of studying demonology the scariest I've seen are the old ones. That predate humanity and possibly the earth alltogether. They are almost impossible to bind, contain or destroy and can not be subdued by any known religion. You are their food. Or rather your essence.

Possession is real. Out of 1000 cases maybe 99% + are mental illness. Mental illness doesn't eliminate possession, they can go hand in hand. But most cases are diagnosable by a competent mental health profesional. Problem is these deliverance ministries making a mockery out of something entirely real. And if you are ever unfortunate enough to witness someone truely possessed, that reallly meets the Church's criteria to perform the Roman rite, you'd hide under your covers and be in mass every morning.

I mentioned something to Woody in another thread. Pope Honorius created a grimoire of his own. He blended Catholicism with various occult practices because he recognized that one religion could not fight all of the evil in this world alone. He recognized things that were considered heretical. But what he did was create the foundation for effective spiritual warfare.

Why most people don't see ghosts? Low spiritual energy. If you have little to no spiritual energy you'll never see a spirit. In fact you'll be lucky if you ever sense them. Advantage? You don't see them and most of the time they ignore you. For a spirit or a demon to maintain it's existence on this side of the veil it has to feed on something if it stays for an extended period or if it wishes to manifest in a physical manner. And they look for people with high spiritual energy. And in spiritual combat the higher spiritual pressure wins. And when dealing with a demon if you don't get assistance you'll lose.

Why don't we see spirits, ghosts, demons meandering about all the time? Different planes. There is a veil that separates the physical world and the spiritual world. How do they cross over into our realm? A couple of ways. There are locations where the veil is thin and spirits can pass through like a revolving door. Or, a spirit or demon of significantly strong spiritual energy can punch a hole through the veil at any location.

Auras, are they real? What about the people who see them? Yes and yes. If your spiritual enrgy is high enough you emit an aura that others with above average spiritual enregy can see. Sometimes it's huge, if you can't control it. Sometimes it's tight and well defined, for those with control. And many people who "claim" to see auras are actually suffering from synesthesia. They can also see music. Taste colors, etc... Weird disorder.

Psychics. There are true psychics, but define what psychic is. You can have high spiritual enrgy and not be psychic. Most psychics are bogus. Some can actually see spirits and communicate with them. Most that are not fake are empathic. I'll use several well known examples. John Edward. Con artist. Michelle Bellanger. She's on paranormal state sometimes. She's mildly competent. I've met her a few times. She misses much more than she hits. And Chip Coffey. Now, my group has worked with Chip on numerous occasions and I'll vouch for Chip. He's a fame whore but he's legit. When we've worked with him he's amazed me. He has an above average amount of spiritual energy. On a scale of zero to 10 the average human is a 0.1. You need to be about a 3 to even percieve the paranormal in any capacity. To see spiritual entities that aren't obscenely strong you need to be about a 7.5. Chip is probably a 7. But he's honed his spiritual energy to a razor edge. And as an empath and a tactile psychic he's 80% or better. True psychics aren't mind readers. They are empaths.

EVP's. Never seen one I believed was legit. Think about the barrage of tv, radio, cell, shortwave, cb, radiation bouncing around our atmosphere. It's not a stretch that a human won't hear something but it will show up on tape. I can sit outside your home in a tractor trailer with a CB radio and speak to you through any speaker in your house, plugged in or not. Disembodied voices that are caught have credibility if captured in a controlled environment in a scientiffic manner.

Orbs. BS. Maybe 1 out of 100,000 orb photos is actually spiritual energy. You show me your orb and within a couple days I can easily identify and duplicate it with something natural. Pollen is a common culprit in photos. Bugs on video.

Can I increase my spiritual energy? Psychic ability? Not really. Dying and returning can release your latent spirtual energy. But you have what you have unless you sort out how to steal it from someone/something else. As far as psychic abilities, you can hone your skills, but if you aren't empathic then you aren't empathic.

What about the people who astral project and communicate with aliens? LOL. I'm very empathic and I can pick up on strong thoughts rooted in emotion. I can even communicate a simple thought to someone else. But that last but is hard when they are in the same room. Try doing it 1000 light years away while traveling at an effective speed of 50,000 mph. It would be like trying to shoot an atom in china while your in a cave in mexico using a blowgun while blindfolded with fire ants biting your feet. It's total BS.

Lastly I will say this. There are more than 1,000,000 different combinations to win a game of chess. All religions have their merits in spiritual warfare. Wicca, VooDoo, Catholocism, Druids, Hindus, Islaam, Judiasm, etc.... But when engaging an entity it''s the highest spiritual energy that wins most of the time. That'swhy the Catholic Church still uses charismatics. Yup, they still allow a few individuals of high spiritual energy to be exorcists. Sometimes a charismatic uses the Roman Rite but it isn't required. Most of the time a charismatic doesn't even have to call on Jesus to exorcise the demon. His/her spiritual pressure is simply so high that he can force a demon or spirit out through sheer power. Now if you have a charismatic that is versed in the rites of multiple religions you have a weapon. If he/she has studied various religions and understands them, then they are more impressive. If they study demonology, all the better. Respect all. Harm none. Forgive those who wrong you and yourself for those you've wronged. Respect all. And to quote Sun Tzu, do not fight a battle that you can't win. Get someone who can. Know your limitations.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55

Poltergeist activity isn't always demonic. You say you've read a lot about them. I assume you don't see spirits. So I would venture to say you don't have enough spiritual energy to forcibly summon a demon. So if you did manage to do it via ritual and help from someone with more energy than you; you'd be food. A vindictave possession for participating in a pointless summoning and not having enough energy to replenish it. And even if you summoned a lesser demon you most likely don't have enough spiritual energy to see it.

But just in case you do have some untapped spiritual energy, I'm not sure what religion you are or what your occupation is, but actually seeing someone who is possessed or even suffering from obsession would really change your thoughts.

Suggestion. Find a well educated paranormal investigations group in your area. Make sure they know how to protect themselves and are knowledgable about the spiritual world as opposed to a bunch of cowboys doing dumb stuff(ghost adventures). And once your confident join. Stick your toe in the water. And study. Maybe you'll see some spirit effecting the physical world. Maybe you can see more than that, who knows? You may or may not be strong enough. But a physical effect you'd certainly see. And the group would give you a greater opportunity to experience that.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
I guess my background offers something a smidge different and I'm glad to see a communal collection of this sort. My paranormal experiences started when I died twice as a child. My father decided to cure me of a seafood allergy by immersion in the allergen. Ever since then it released my spiritual energy and gave me some unique abilities. I started seeing "ghosts". I started seeing darker entities. I spent most of my childhood and teenage years honing my abilities, studying theology and the occult. Possession particularly interested me, thanks William Peter Blatty. But then I learned about psychological disorders that mimic possession. Which made me want to become a psychologist.

I was a Catholic but found my faith waning do to inconsistencies in the Bible. So I began to delve deeper into studies of the occult. I had an experience with a ritual demon summoning(as a witness) at age 18. I came to the conclusion that if creatures like that exists then God must exist.

To follow up on possession I took a trip to the exorcism capitol of the world at the time, the Kenyan Catholic missions. I served as consult on several church sanctioned exorcisms. What I saw shook me to my core. I began to study different religions and their rites of exorcisms. I've witnessed exorcisms from almost a dozen different religous practices.

I decided I wanted to head up my own investigative team since I thought I had a unique perspective and an appreciation for the scientiffic method that no other paranormal group seemed to have. Long story short, after many years here are some truths that I learned.

There are several types of human hauntings. Residual, intelligent(benign), intelligent(benevolent), intelligent(malevolent) and intelligent evolved. The 1st 3 are self explanatory. The last was different. Human spirits that didn't have access to a particular version of the heaven, that through ancestoral spirit worship, assuming the identity of a local demigod etc.... Gain power through fear, worship etc.... Human spirits that became more than basic human spirits. Powerful. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Sometimes beholden to a particular religion or belief structure, sometimes not. Some of these spirits predate modern religion. And can't be contained using the methods of modern religions.

Demons exist. Most religions have their own demons. An Islaamic exorcism won't work on a Christian demon and so on and so forth. Christians get a sense of entitlement because by callin on Jesus to cast out demons through a priest works on the majority of your possession and obsession cases. Why? Well, not because Christianity is the be all end all, but because Jesus was recognized in many religions, at the very least as a prophet and/or exorcist. The greatest exorcist of all time. So allowing Jesus to cast out demons of Jewish, Christian, Islaam and hindu religions through a priest is effective. After years of studying demonology the scariest I've seen are the old ones. That predate humanity and possibly the earth alltogether. They are almost impossible to bind, contain or destroy and can not be subdued by any known religion. You are their food. Or rather your essence.

Possession is real. Out of 1000 cases maybe 99% + are mental illness. Mental illness doesn't eliminate possession, they can go hand in hand. But most cases are diagnosable by a competent mental health profesional. Problem is these deliverance ministries making a mockery out of something entirely real. And if you are ever unfortunate enough to witness someone truely possessed, that reallly meets the Church's criteria to perform the Roman rite, you'd hide under your covers and be in mass every morning.

I mentioned something to Woody in another thread. Pope Honorius created a grimoire of his own. He blended Catholicism with various occult practices because he recognized that one religion could not fight all of the evil in this world alone. He recognized things that were considered heretical. But what he did was create the foundation for effective spiritual warfare.

Why most people don't see ghosts? Low spiritual energy. If you have little to no spiritual energy you'll never see a spirit. In fact you'll be lucky if you ever sense them. Advantage? You don't see them and most of the time they ignore you. For a spirit or a demon to maintain it's existence on this side of the veil it has to feed on something if it stays for an extended period or if it wishes to manifest in a physical manner. And they look for people with high spiritual energy. And in spiritual combat the higher spiritual pressure wins. And when dealing with a demon if you don't get assistance you'll lose.

Why don't we see spirits, ghosts, demons meandering about all the time? Different planes. There is a veil that separates the physical world and the spiritual world. How do they cross over into our realm? A couple of ways. There are locations where the veil is thin and spirits can pass through like a revolving door. Or, a spirit or demon of significantly strong spiritual energy can punch a hole through the veil at any location.

Auras, are they real? What about the people who see them? Yes and yes. If your spiritual enrgy is high enough you emit an aura that others with above average spiritual enregy can see. Sometimes it's huge, if you can't control it. Sometimes it's tight and well defined, for those with control. And many people who "claim" to see auras are actually suffering from synesthesia. They can also see music. Taste colors, etc... Weird disorder.

Psychics. There are true psychics, but define what psychic is. You can have high spiritual enrgy and not be psychic. Most psychics are bogus. Some can actually see spirits and communicate with them. Most that are not fake are empathic. I'll use several well known examples. John Edward. Con artist. Michelle Bellanger. She's on paranormal state sometimes. She's mildly competent. I've met her a few times. She misses much more than she hits. And Chip Coffey. Now, my group has worked with Chip on numerous occasions and I'll vouch for Chip. He's a fame whore but he's legit. When we've worked with him he's amazed me. He has an above average amount of spiritual energy. On a scale of zero to 10 the average human is a 0.1. You need to be about a 3 to even percieve the paranormal in any capacity. To see spiritual entities that aren't obscenely strong you need to be about a 7.5. Chip is probably a 7. But he's honed his spiritual energy to a razor edge. And as an empath and a tactile psychic he's 80% or better. True psychics aren't mind readers. They are empaths.

EVP's. Never seen one I believed was legit. Think about the barrage of tv, radio, cell, shortwave, cb, radiation bouncing around our atmosphere. It's not a stretch that a human won't hear something but it will show up on tape. I can sit outside your home in a tractor trailer with a CB radio and speak to you through any speaker in your house, plugged in or not. Disembodied voices that are caught have credibility if captured in a controlled environment in a scientiffic manner.

Orbs. BS. Maybe 1 out of 100,000 orb photos is actually spiritual energy. You show me your orb and within a couple days I can easily identify and duplicate it with something natural. Pollen is a common culprit in photos. Bugs on video.

Can I increase my spiritual energy? Psychic ability? Not really. Dying and returning can release your latent spirtual energy. But you have what you have unless you sort out how to steal it from someone/something else. As far as psychic abilities, you can hone your skills, but if you aren't empathic then you aren't empathic.

What about the people who astral project and communicate with aliens? LOL. I'm very empathic and I can pick up on strong thoughts rooted in emotion. I can even communicate a simple thought to someone else. But that last but is hard when they are in the same room. Try doing it 1000 light years away while traveling at an effective speed of 50,000 mph. It would be like trying to shoot an atom in china while your in a cave in mexico using a blowgun while blindfolded with fire ants biting your feet. It's total BS.

Lastly I will say this. There are more than 1,000,000 different combinations to win a game of chess. All religions have their merits in spiritual warfare. Wicca, VooDoo, Catholocism, Druids, Hindus, Islaam, Judiasm, etc.... But when engaging an entity it''s the highest spiritual energy that wins most of the time. That'swhy the Catholic Church still uses charismatics. Yup, they still allow a few individuals of high spiritual energy to be exorcists. Sometimes a charismatic uses the Roman Rite but it isn't required. Most of the time a charismatic doesn't even have to call on Jesus to exorcise the demon. His/her spiritual pressure is simply so high that he can force a demon or spirit out through sheer power. Now if you have a charismatic that is versed in the rites of multiple religions you have a weapon. If he/she has studied various religions and understands them, then they are more impressive. If they study demonology, all the better. Respect all. Harm none. Forgive those who wrong you and yourself for those you've wronged. Respect all. And to quote Sun Tzu, do not fight a battle that you can't win. Get someone who can. Know your limitations.

Hey there DrJ,

I've just given you a star for this (I would give more if it were allowed) ... this is one of the most informative and well presented posts I have ever read on ATS.

Brilliant !

Woody

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I like the works of Konstantinos and Christopher Penczak as of late for use of "Instant Magick" if you will. Ritual is not always needed but can be much fun.. I have used the Crowley quote about magick more then a few times and I will say it again. "Magick is the science and art of causing change to occur in conformity with will" I do see ritual as being the psychodrama that most need in order to manifest the change they want. Actors can give a better performance with props just like artist need supplies and scientist need supplies. Sometimes all you need to do is put yourself in the state of doing the work and enflame yourself with prayer. The Law of attracting can be used with spells as well. I sadly have not done much group work in the past 3 years.. Maybe this Samhain. By the way Ted Andrews passed away a year ago this month. I know it's off topic but for those doing any activities on Samhain to remember those who have passed maybe you can say a word for him. He provided many great books and dedicated his life to his work and helping animals.I have enjoyed the thread so far by the way!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thanks for all your time writing those informative posts
, i've read all of them and I have to say, it got me spooked out. This spirit/demon phenomenon is so complex and unknown, it makes me requestion the big life questions.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

If you read my personal experience posted on this thread on Demons,You will heed my warning. I wasn't joking, not one bit. A demon will follow someone for a long long time after he is summoned,and will test the exorcist repeatedly over and over again,sometimes doing non asked favors for him, like vanquishing his enemy's,leaving the karma for him.

I repeat,please do not tempt a demon. It will not end up well.
edit on 26-10-2010 by CASH69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hello fellow friends and truth-seekers.

I've been following this thread and decided that it was about time that I post what contributions I can to this ongoing discussion. Many of you know my history, but many of you don't, so I'll give you the long-short of things.

I was born knowing that I was different. From about the age of three I began to experience things that a normal three-year-old would have long-lasting emotional scars from. My prophetic dreams came as soon as I was able to remember my first memories. Many of these centered around an old castle tower, a long-winding staircase, and three cloaked and hooded figures guarding a red door. I went through my life interacting with things on the "other side" as if they were flesh and blood right in front of me. My parents were in denial for a long time about it. They thought they were "imaginary friends" and that I would grow out of it quickly, as most children do with imaginary friends. It wasn't until I started talking about a long-deceased relative that I did not know that they started to get suspicious. Moving on to much later, I finally realized (after much soul-searching and research) that I did have a gift. I could not only pick up on people's emotions, but see visions of what-may-be, as well as being able to have an "open line" to the other side. I didn't start to get serious about these things until I met a group of like-minded individuals in college. They helped to foster and develop my abilities, teaching me as much as possible in the hopes that I would be able to use these gifts for self-improvement and to aid others. I began reading into something similar to what Tayesin mentions. I employ self power and the "white-light method" in many of my dealings, from simple cleansing to my paranormal research cases.

I will pass on a few gems of knowledge that will hopefully help any budding occultists and maybe give them some direction on what to do if they get in too deep, as I once did.

My stance on this topic is defensive in nature. Anything I do or use in my dealings with the paranormal comes from a purely defensive stance. There have only been a handful of times in my time with this topic that I have actually have gone on the offensive. I will not talk about these times, because I feel that the means that I used were harsh in nature, and I have learned my lesson. What one puts out will come back three-fold, and it certainly has.

I employ techniques such as grounding and centering, shielding, and cleansing in my day to day life. I won't write down a long drawn out process on how to do it, but I will direct you to read Michelle Bellanger's book: "The Ghost Hunter's Survival Guide." She wrote this before she sold out to the show "Paranormal State" and it really is a treasure trove of knowledge all in one source. There are various advanced techniques throughout this book on how to do all of the techniques listed above. You can also find very good resources on the topic by just doing a google search. My main assertion with anybody that contacts me is that it is intent over procedure. So whether Tayesin uses white light, or woodwytch casts a spell, it really is the intent that matters. Visualization is everything when dealing with ethereal topics. You visualize your outcome, you visualize cleansing a house, you visualize combating a negative spirit. When you cannot "fight" something in the physical, we need to hit the switch in our heads to go back to the inherent knowledge that I believe we were all born with. We are not only physical but metaphysical beings as well. Tapping into the metaphysical takes much effort and time, as many of the posters have mentioned thus far.

It is very hard for me to come up with a "concrete methodology" for exploring the metaphysical/paranormal. For me, it has always been inherent. I just "know" how to do it. However, I think that by reading more about grounding, centering, shielding, and cleansing, many of the basics will be out of the way. I don't employ spells myself, nor do I use sigils or the like. I do read and interpret tarot and rune stones, as I find it easier to contact the higher powers without expending a lot of energy*.

*And before I forget when learning about and experimenting with the basic techniques, you should be feeling a slight strain when attempting to use them. Just like working out, if you don't feel exhausted when you're done, you're not doing it right. After working with it for as long as I have, the strain in minimal

Anyway, that is all I have time for at this time. Please, ask me questions if you have any. I'm more than willing to answer anything.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join