It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing the ATS Grimoire - Communal sharing of all wisdom Occult and Paranormal

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'll add my 2 cents to this discussion. I'm convinced life is actually a dream, and all forms of magic stem from dream control applied to real life.

There are 4 rules to dream control

1. Everything requires your attention to exist
2. The more attention you give something, the more related detail it creates
3. Strong emotions have a powerful and predictable effect on reality
4. All changes and new elements follow strict archetypal paths

This would probably be easier to understand if you're a lucid dreamer trying to perfect control, but I maintain dream control can be applied to real life just like in dreams.

The following is from a thread I wrote entitled "The Nature of Dream Control", where I try to explain all types of magic according to the rules of dream control. Actually, I'll just link to the relevant post since it's too big to fit into one post here.

www.dreamviews.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

My background is similar. Was born in 84 also and my first glance into the paranormal was at 3 as well. I was getting emergency surgery and died on the OR table to the best of my knowledge. When I got home from surgery I told my mom and family that I wanted to go back to the garden that had stones with writing on it.I told them that I was in a dark room after being in the garden with stones and talking to my grandfather who died 4 years before I was born. He told me to not be afraid and that I needed to be here for my mother. I have always had strange insight into things since then. Intuition, seeing auras,ghost,etc. Got interested in the paranormal by the time I was 6 or 7 and have been on the path since. Involved in Magick since I was about 10.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Wow, I feel so out of place here. I don't have any amazing past-histories where I was seeing the dead and conversing with God when I was three or anything. I'm just your normal, everyday guy. I happened to be raised a Christian, found some internal inconsistencies with the messages, and decided to go search elsewhere. I spent some time dabbling in all manner of faiths during high school, and ended up doing some really stupid stuff. Had to grow up really fast with some close-friends in high school to keep our senses about us. After that, I started working, buying books, and reading everything I could find. Then I met my Teacher, gained some direction, focused my studies, and became who I am now.

So yeah, everybody, if you're like me and weren't born into the magickal side of life, don't be dismayed. You too, like me, can become an endearing spiritualist or occultist! All you have to do is have patience, and perseverance. Don't feel bad if you weren't born with the second sight, or you didn't die once when you were really young and get a small tour of the other-side. We've all got the power and potential within us. It can be unlocked without mystical half-life scenarios too.

Thought this message needed to be stated after so many "I was born special" stories.

~ Scribe

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Hahahahah..
Awesome, and I am glad you posted and put some perspective on it. I don't think I was born special. 1 month early and I had necrosis happen to an organ so that was the whole surgery thing. As far as the being raised Christian and seeing inconsistencies and what have you I can relate. I believe that we all should be open minded and look into learning as much as possible. That is why things like Shamanism,Taoism,Paganism, amongst other religions appealed to me at a young age. I was lucky to have a step dad who eased my introduction into magick and help me understand some basic premises and it has been a great journey from there..

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Nicely said, and thanks for the words of encouragement. My father has always said, "Everybody has power, you just have to know how to use it." He doesn't express any abilities, he just believes people have potential if they will it. That idea is a big reason why I've went "outside" of religion to study different understandings of existence, reality, and consciousness. Cuz I'm also a normal guy, just trying everyday to figure it out.

I've never even considered actual rituals my self until this thread, but I do believe done properly, they do what they are intended to do. Maybe I will look into it a bit more at a later point, but right now I'm still exploring me, and what truth is to me. Still a bit confused. I think I could end up in trouble if I start rituals and spells if I don't even have a full understanding of truth.

Also, thanks for the wonderful reply on the previous page. Your answers made much sense to me, and I agree.

Back on topic, what are some types of things you would do if you move into a new house, or open a new business?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

That was a great post on the previous page by Wandering Scribe. He covered all the bases so to speak.

As far as getting a new house and what to do first thing I would do is smudge the house with Sage,Cedar,Sandalwood, or Frankincense. Sage being the traditional one of choice for most when they cleanse an area. You normally want to go around each room counter-clockwise(Widdershins) visualizing white light or a cleansing energy permeating the area. Using your will to project your intention of cleansing the room is also useful. I normally leave a door or window open while doing this and extinguish the Sage wand in a bowl of water and leave it sit in the room for a while. then I dump the water outside. In a lot of Folk magic people suggest taking water with certain herbs and cleaning the walls of the house. If you know any Feng Shui you can arrange furniture,mirrors,plants etc to maximize the flow of Chi/energy in your house. Those with a background in Ceremonial magick will generally do the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (LBRTP) to cleanse an area and center themselves. If you feel the need you can find a House Blessing spell you feel comfortable doing and do that to bless and protect your house. Some people will make a sigil or find a magickal symbol for protection they like and draw it on a window or door with herb infused water. If you wanna keep negative things away you can mix Vinegar with Water,Salt,Black Pepper,Sage, Garlic,Ginger,Cayenne Pepper,or other spices that are known for protective qualities and pour it in a clockwise circle around the outside of your house with the intent of protecting your home. I actually do not do many spells or rituals per se. I work a lot with intent and the Law of Attraction to manifest my will as of late. It all comes down to what works and feels comfortable with you though.

Here is a website with a few articles on rituals etc that may be of help.
www.astralhealer.com...
edit on 29-10-2010 by ANSPHAR because: Added a link.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ANSPHAR

I'd like to think that such is the way all young children should be welcomed into the spiritual world. Religion the world over has some very core principles at it's base, it's just the limbs and branches extending outward which convoluted the beauty of the message. To me it doesn't matter what the religion is—Taoism, paganism, Hinduism, Judiasm, Buddhism, the Baha'i, Islam, Wicca, Christianity, Jainism, polytheism, even atheism—because they all have something worthy of being paid attention to.

When you put together all of the great individual things—the Bacchanalia from paganism, the cleanliness of food in Judaism, the Inner Life of Taoism, the 8-fold Path of Buddhism, the all-inclusive nature of Wicca—you get a very profound spiritual attitude where gender holds no bars, where age is not a clause, and your food is kept to high qualities, while your spirit is allowed to revel one moment, and your thoughts and mind be mastered the next.

Religion and spirituality should never be restrictive, they should be expansive. Expand the mind. Expand your world-view. Expand your consciousness. Expand your physical and emotional capability. Expand your awareness.* The moment religion begins restricting our ability to expand outward in a positive and safe way, then it begins to trap us and bottle us up. And no one should ever be told not to help their soul grow in whatever way it takes.

*naturally, if your preference in religion is killing non-believers, spouting racism and bigotry, and generally advancing the removal of the rights of others... then I think you took a wrong turn somewhere.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

I have had exposure to demonic attack on many occasions early in the piece I found many do not respect the name Jesus which is an anglification.If your going to rebuke a demon or claim the blood of Jesus use the original hebrew name Yeshua instead,

Can you spell Yeshua phonetically so that
I know how to pronounce it correctly?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANSPHAR
reply to post by Sahabi

That was a great post on the previous page by Wandering Scribe. He covered all the bases so to speak.

As far as getting a new house and what to do first thing I would do is smudge the house with Sage,Cedar,Sandalwood, or Frankincense. Sage being the traditional one of choice for most when they cleanse an area. ]

When you move into a new house or apartment
1. Do not bring an old broom ie. from your previous residence.
2. On the day you are moving in, but before anyone enters the home, open the front door and throw sea salt (or kosher) into the home. This will act as an offering to the home and help with the cleansing process.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ANSPHAR

I was also born in 84 and my experiences started young, though I do not remember the first ones. However, several years ago my mother told me how I would always talk to"the nice old lady who like to play with me". I have always seen and heard strange things that no one else could or if they did they ignored it. I have lived in a "haunted house". I remember when one night what I thought was a man sat on my bed causing an indention liek someone was really there. I remember when I was 13 I had a dream that this old man grabbed my hair as I was walking past him in winn dixie. Well three days later it happened. I have seen my mother make thinga float in the air when she was trying to get me to understand how dangerous thigns sometimes are. I also remember hearing stories about my great grandfather who apparently had "the gift" of speaking to the dead. Well these are only a few of the strange experiences I have had.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mateandbucky06

I pronounce it very close to Yesh-You-are
sorry for the delay in response.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Alright,

Bringing some life back into this thread. How about the Tarot, does anyone else here practice readings, or psychoanalysis with them? Does anyone have some personal spreads, favorite decks, or feel like discussing the archetypal nature of the deck?

How about meditation? Anyone here have specific meditation rituals they undertake? Do you do Yoga, or Chakra, or Buddhist? Anyone have some tips for those who don't meditate yet on how to properly get started?

Anything else anyone wants to take a stab at?

~ Scribe

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Okay, I know this is a place to have knowledge and such be revealed but while I reveal what I have experienced I also need help with it >,< See, yesterday I'm pretty sure it was yesterday I had a very weird experience in the morning time. I woke up twice feeling like I had just been through rigmortis and the first time I didn't remember much except feeling coaxed and then forced into my body. I went back to bed that time and then woke up, or I thought I had woken up but I'm pretty sure I was dreaming and I saw my room and my fan and above my body was a black human like shadow. Its grip was forceful and it seemed angry and it kept forcing me back into my body as I tried to fight it. Eventually I receeded into my body and I woke up feeling as if I had been run over twenty times with a car. I really would like opinions on this and hope this helps people who have had similiar experiences know that they are not alone.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Rishiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
Alright,

Bringing some life back into this thread. How about the Tarot, does anyone else here practice readings, or psychoanalysis with them? Does anyone have some personal spreads, favorite decks, or feel like discussing the archetypal nature of the deck?

How about meditation? Anyone here have specific meditation rituals they undertake? Do you do Yoga, or Chakra, or Buddhist? Anyone have some tips for those who don't meditate yet on how to properly get started?

Anything else anyone wants to take a stab at?

~ Scribe

Hey there Scribe,

My favorite decks are the Tao, Druid Animal Oracle and also the Druid Plant Oracle as well as The Ascended Masters Deck, these 4 encompass all facets that I desire for readings in regards to myself and clients. I generally advise the client to pick the deck which appeals to them most, as they will generally resonate with the flavor of the wisdom contained within.

I'm always open for a good discussion of Archetypes...Whats your favorite?

As for Meditation, Its a connection to the breath and to consciously feel what I am to remember my own unique energy, and in that moment of reflection with my self I feel the love that spirals into me from the great mystery.

Generally once centered, I will traverse my internal landscapes, converse with animals of power and spirit guides and if there is need I will journey to whatever intention is called to find the answers.

I seem to be too lazy to do Yoga after a long day at work, but I think I will take up the practice at the local studio when the winter blues set in and things slow down on my contracts.

Any thing else, How about the ritual of the mirror? I would be curious to know what the results are from different people.

The ritual goes;

Sit infront of a large mirror so that your whole body is in view, turn off the lights, from the darkness light a candle and stare into the mirror at your reflection, focus on your eyes and let your mind wander.

Try not to be surprised at the phenomenon that occur.

-G

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rishiana
Okay, I know this is a place to have knowledge and such be revealed but while I reveal what I have experienced I also need help with it >,< See, yesterday I'm pretty sure it was yesterday I had a very weird experience in the morning time. I woke up twice feeling like I had just been through rigmortis and the first time I didn't remember much except feeling coaxed and then forced into my body. I went back to bed that time and then woke up, or I thought I had woken up but I'm pretty sure I was dreaming and I saw my room and my fan and above my body was a black human like shadow. Its grip was forceful and it seemed angry and it kept forcing me back into my body as I tried to fight it. Eventually I receeded into my body and I woke up feeling as if I had been run over twenty times with a car. I really would like opinions on this and hope this helps people who have had similiar experiences know that they are not alone.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Rishiana because: (no reason given)

There are a few different theories in mind in regards to this phenomenon.

You could be misinterpreting this as a negative presence, there are many beings in this universe that may appear dark and sinister but can very well come to your aid. Your spirit may be unintentionally leaving the body, or perhaps is being dragged out or wandering out of check. Pay close attention to what you feel when this is happening, focus on your self, on the beings around you and note your feelings in regards to each of them.

Is there a feeling of fear in regards to the being? Does this being appear or feel sexually driven?

You could be working overtime in the spirit world while you are sleeping.

Rest as much as possible after an event like this and be gentle with yourself.

There is much more going on in our existence then we have privy to remember or experience.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
Now in truth I'm absolutely certain that behind some of those 'closed doors' there are indeed badthings and evildoings going on ... but this most certainly is not the case behind the closed door of a 'True Witch' ... and a 'True Witch' has got no connection whatsoever with Black Magic / Devil Worship / Satanism (the last two being the rebellious side of Christianity).

I agree with were you are coming from, but I disagree with your definition of a "true witch". To me, a "true witch" has experienced both good and bad (light and dark) and doesn't differentiate between the two because without darkness how could we know light?

The reason a 'True Witch' would have nought to do with badthings and evildoings is because it goes against the Witches Lore - 'If it harm none so mote it be' / 'If it harm none do as thou will'.

Actually, those of us who do dabble use the phrase...."whatever you send out comes back in threes", but, if you want to "harm none" don't brush your teeth because you are killing millions of germs at that moment......harm none?

edit on 22-11-2010 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I have always had strange insight into things since then. Intuition, seeing auras,ghost,etc.

Have you noticed that most people's auras have a red tint to them lately? Quite disturbing as only about 5 years ago I would attribute it to a yellow color for most people. Now it's red. Like everyone is pissed off about something at all times. Can't explain it.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
On topic I wanted to add to the OP. Nobody else's spells, prayers, grimoires, bibles etc will work for you as well as your own work from your own heart. You have to put the time and energy into the cosmos that you want in return......there is no easy way out.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

I have always had strange insight into things since then. Intuition, seeing auras,ghost,etc.

Have you noticed that most people's auras have a red tint to them lately? Quite disturbing as only about 5 years ago I would attribute it to a yellow color for most people. Now it's red. Like everyone is pissed off about something at all times. Can't explain it.

Its not about anger, its about survival.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Hey there G.M.,

Nice to see you back on the thread, and thanks for taking the time to reply.

My personal Tarot decks are: the Thoth tarot deck designed by Aleister Crowley, and the Necronomicon tarot deck designed by Tyson.

I use the former when teaching others how to read and interpret the cards, as I find the Crowley deck to be very harsh and unrelenting. It has never sugar-coated anything for me, and neither for any of my students.

I use the Necronomicon deck for myself because of my intense love and study of the works of H.P. Lovecraft. The Necronomicon deck has never let me down before, and continues to help me pinpoint complexities in the lives of others.

Concerning archetypes, I don't necessarily have a favorite. I also want to make sure we're on the same page here about archetypes. I know that the Tarot is a repository of archetypal nature, but, that's not the only archetypal well I drink from.

I work a program known as "Sacred Contracts" as well. It was pioneered by a woman named Caroline Myss, in her book titled Sacred Contracts. I am the spiritual adviser for Caroline's niece. It was through Caroline's niece that I was turned on to the archetypal Sacred Contract. I then underwent the process involved to discover the 12 archetypes of my contract, and have been studying it ever since.

Have you ever come across the system before? If not, curious to learn about it, possibly write up your own Contract to see what it says?

Interesting to see you inter-linking breathing and memories into your meditation. I practice some Buddhist breathing meditations (I have a post on ATS outlining a practice). And occasionally I am able to recall bits and pieces of my past. But, because of my close connection with Her, I most often connect to Her vibes and see my future, or the future.

I myself don't do any Yoga either. My brother and his wife do. I practice some Tai Chi. It took me a while to learn, and I constantly continue to advance, but I find it very fulfilling and helpful in the daily conundrum of life. How long have you been meditating?

I am actually familiar with what you call the "ritual of the mirror", only for me it is simply "scrying". I have performed it with a mirror, a window pane, and a certain tool left for me by my teacher. Each time I have seen something different appear in place of my form. All of the "visions" (if they can be called that) were very intense.

A friend of mine once performed the "ritual" on me (she stared into my eyes) via a reflecting pond after a powerful storm had cleansed our town. She saw me split into a number of individuals, some visible and some obscured. It was shortly after that experience that I began teachings others, some of which she had seen in the "vision".

If you can penetrate the ego deep enough, the "ritual of the mirror" can be a very potent experience. Thank you for posting it!

~ Scribe

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join