It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly causes Joy and Whoopi to walk off set of "The View"

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

you do not call whoopi a cardboard cut out, in my presence!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

HAAAAAA!!!! Oh man, thank you..that was awesome..i needed a laugh, I was getting way to serious there.A really good episode.One of Whoopi's finest.Also some of Rikers best work as acting captain.lol.Now I can go and enjoy my day.Thanks Undo.That was like whoopi herself slapping me and saying``relax man, chill just have a shot of Romulan ale.` I'll be back after we take the kids to the petting zoo.Maybe I`ll see Joy there.Peace.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Quadrivium

Your entire argument is completely flawed by the simple fact that humans have free will. What you people who are touting how evil and corrupt and awful Islam is seem to forget is that humans have free will. For some reason you think that no Muslim has any free will at all.

Strange you would think that.

I would appreciate it if you would kindly refrain from putting words in my mouth.
It makes you look childish and immature to do so after someone pokes a hole in your theory.
I never said anything about 'free will' nor did I "tout how evil and corrupt and awful Islam is".
edit on 16-10-2010 by Quadrivium because: spelling

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Here are a few of the "promises" that will be received for carrying out the previous list of scriptures...

KORAN promises of houris in heaven:

Single-minded slaves of Allah... will be honored in the Gardens of delight, on couches facing one another; A cup from a gushing spring is brought round for them, white, delicious to the drinkers, wherein there is no headache nor are they made mad thereby. And with them are those of modest gaze, with lovely eyes, pure as they were hidden eggs. - Surah 37:40-49

Lo, for those who ward off evil is a happy journey's end, Gardens of Eden, whereof the gates are opened for the, wherein, reclining, they call for plenteous fruit and cool drink therein. And with them are those of modest gaze, companions. This it is that ye are promised for the Day of Reckoning. - 38:50-54

Lo! Those who kept their duty will be in a place secure, amid gardens and water-springs, attired in silk and silk embroidery, facing one another.... And we shall wed them unto fair ones with wide, lovely eyes. They call therein for every fruit in safety. They taste not death therein, save the first death. And He hath saved them from the doom of hell, a bounty from thy Lord. That is the supreme triumph. - 44:51-57

Lo! Those who kept their duty dwell in gardens and delight... reclining on ranged couches. And we wed them unto fair ones with wide, lovely eyes... and we provide them with fruit and meat such as they desire.... - 52:17-22

...Reclining upon couches lined with silk brocade, the fruit of both the gardens near to hand.... Therein are those of modest gaze, whom neither man nor jinni will have touched before them.... - 55:54-56

Those are they who will be brought nigh, in gardens of delight... reclining therein face to face. There wait on them immortal youths... and fair ones with wide, lovely eyes, like unto hidden pearls, reward for what they used to do.... Lo! We have created them a creation, and made them virgins, lovers, friends. - 56:11-37
(Different translation) Companions with beautiful, big and lustrous eyes... virgin-pure and undefiled.

www.wvinter.net...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by fonenyc

i'm not sure you realize how the dialectic has screwed with your brain, but let me show you what i mean. you said:

Muslim, Jew and Christian alike are all to blame

and THEN said:

People shouldnt be judged on their faith, color or country's political policy toward the world market but rather by their character alone through their actions individually.

Sorry but I do not see your point

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have to admit from a guy's perspective that is an amazing feat that Bill just pulled off by separating the "flock".
But from a Democratic perspective it was just plan embarrassing for ALL democrats by having Whoopi run away like a child just because she didn't like what Bill was saying. This is what politics has fallen to. People yelling at each other on a talk show.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

When will Americans finally get tired of these mouthpieces for mainstream media (Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly, et. al.) & start thinking for themselves? It's time to think outside of the box for a change & start wondering who or what is actually behind these pundits! Come on, people, your country is supposed to be the freest in the world- make a different choice & stop letting such people tell you how to think. If Fox & other media couldn't make a dime off of these people any longer, they wouldn't be on the air.

Then- who are these fellows, really? What have any of them ever lived or done that entitles them to do other people's thinking for them? Why are they really up there proselytizing bad ideas, & why are people listening? As for the women on the View who walked out, I think it was staged. Nothing happens on TV or elsewhere that hasn't been planned well ahead of time. I suggest that people read Jim Marr's excellent book, "Rule By Secrecy". RomaMayLi

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck; all have no business being on TV.

and you have no business being on a computer

NOW, we're BOTH idiots!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Do I think you're 12? Absolutely not, most 12 year olds have the capacity of tolerance and acceptance of new cultures without prejudice, unless of course acted upon by a closed minded parental figure.

And no, no wars have ever been fought "in the name of Atheism". Wars may have been fought for Secular reasons. But that is different than killing in the name of Atheism.

reply to post by nightbringr

yes it is flawed.

The reason it's flawed is because you can do the exact same thing with the Bible or the Torah. Both of which have similar passages in them, yet they are obviously not evil religions are they? Because a concept cannot be evil or good, it's only actions that determine whether something is evil or good, and a concept cannot act. Only a person can act.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

you think i'm intolerant?

oh gads, ats is a hoot sometimes

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

All those morons Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck all work for FOX News,
is that any surprise, It shouldn't be..

I dunno about Sean, but Bill and Glenn make their living by telling people exactly
what they want to hear, rather than report the actual news or facts. There all
whack jobs, if you ask me. These guys are on TV because people watch Fox News,
as long people keep tuning in, they will still be there telling people exactly what they
want to hear. It's like when the Miss's asks does this dress make my bum look big,
you say Nooo, because that's what she wants to hear, but is it True or Honest.

Instrad of preaching Muslims did 9/11, he should be preaching Arabs did 9/11 as
most Arabs are Muslim. Mmm, So why would Arabs be so angry at Americans I wonder,
that's the money question.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
I dunno about Sean, but Bill and Glenn make their living by telling people exactly
what they want to hear, rather than report the actual news or facts.

They are not news reporters, they are commentators. Common misconception, though I can't figure out why.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

Instrad of preaching Muslims did 9/11, he should be preaching Arabs did 9/11 as
most Arabs are Muslim. Mmm, So why would Arabs be so angry at Americans I wonder,
that's the money question.

Actually what would be more correct would be murderous nutcases did 9/11, then the question becomes, so why would murderous nutcases be so angry at Americans? But then the answer is obvious, they are murderous nutcases.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE

Originally posted by whatukno

But neither of those are valid arguments. Muslims did not attack us, Extremists attacked us.

Lets be honest here for a moment. Logical, factual, etc. MUSLIM EXTREMISTS attacked us. They are both Muslim and Extremists. That doesn't mean all Muslims are extremists, nor does it mean all extremists are Muslims. But be truthful. Muslim extremists killed thousands of Americans and will continue to kill Americans when and where they can. They need to be stopped, and to stop them, you must realize who they are.

Allah commands Muslims to only fight defensively, not to commit the first blow. If they disobey this they disobey Allah's teachings.Stripping them of their Muslim status.

Now may I ask you what did those 3000 americans killed on 9/11 do to those extremists?
edit on 17-10-2010 by binomialtheorem because: Fallacy

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Are you well rested this night ET? It seems you are a little off.
Why post three links to the same post and then quote a part of that post? I must, and will, totally agree with your "unrelated note" below, now that I see where it needs to be applied.

Then what was your point of posting selected verses from the Quran with little or no commentary as to the intent of your posting them?

I guess it would take a little more reading to find the answer for this. I would really hate for you to hurt yourself, but do not worry I will help you once again. Here you are......
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Those verses mean nothing taken out of context. Apply all the verses of the Koran in all possible interpretations simultaneously, then we can discuss what they mean
, if not then you are actively being a proponent of partial logic devoid of all variables and dismissing pertinent facts.

It is actually kind of funny that you would mention " actively being a proponent of partial logic devoid of all variables and dismissing pertinent facts". That was my thought as well, as I read your poorly constructed and misinformed post.
Once again I would hate for you to hurt your self by bursting a blood vessel or something reading all of these pesky post so I will help you out once more ( I'm just good like that, don't cha know).
Here you go: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have a pleasant day Quadrivium,
ET

Congratulations! You got my name correct today. GOOD JOB ET, I am so proud of you!!
(Did you receive a U2U or something, not that I actually think you would need help or anything like that. No nothing at all like that)

On a totally unrelated note:
I think it is a testament to the tolerance levels of ATS Staff to permit special needs users onto ATS. Even the developmentally disabled deserve to have access.

I was actually wondering why they still let you on, thanks for the disclosure.
You know this was a little stimulating on page 3-5 but there is absolutely no challenge now, not that there was much then but it did help pass the time, so thank you for that,
Quadrivium

edit on 17-10-2010 by Quadrivium because: *snip*

edit on 17-10-2010 by Quadrivium because: *snip*

edit on 10/18/2010 by maria_stardust because: Removed personal attacks from "edit by" lines.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

yes it is flawed.

The reason it's flawed is because you can do the exact same thing with the Bible or the Torah.

CHRISTians primarily follow the New Testament.
Show me please...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Look em up yourself...

skepticsannotatedbible.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by christinaV

70% of americans are against the mosque??? i was never polled about this, and nobody i know told me they were ever polled about this. where did he get this fact from? a poll on his website?

He was referring to a CNN poll. i2.cdn.turner.com...
The exact demographics of the poll are at the bottom of the report.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join