It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly causes Joy and Whoopi to walk off set of "The View"

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem

Hello binomialtheorem,
I see you are rather new to ATS, Welcome!
If you have any questions or things I can help with just let me know.
The site you listed is not actually where I got the verses, but they do look the same. If you look below my post you will see the link that I used.

I gave you a star for enthusiasm

As I said, welcome to ATS and I will be glad to help you in any way I can.
Looking forward to seeing you in the forums,
Quadrivium

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

Hello binomialtheorem,
I see you are rather new to ATS, Welcome!
If you have any questions or things I can help with just let me know.
The site you listed is not actually where I got the verses, but they do look the same. If you look below my post you will see the link that I used.

I gave you a star for enthusiasm

As I said, welcome to ATS and I will be glad to help you in any way I can.
Looking forward to seeing you in the forums,
Quadrivium

Well hello Quadrivium!

Thanks for the warm welcome, it's been nice here at ATS so far!

Well do have he exact same words in them, as long as with some of your other posts. Not to mention that the link I posted was posted by that person 3 years ago.

I did find multiple links but would you mind telling us which one you used?(I.e. where you copied and pasted all information from.)

Unless you say you did that all by yourself?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

If you think that's nasty, obviously you have not followed my posts on this site. You wanted me to compile you a list of similar things in the Christian bible that is in the Quran, I gave you a link to a site that has done that.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Well hello Quadrivium!

Well do have he exact same words in them, as long as with some of your other posts. Not to mention that the link I posted was posted by that person 3 years ago.

I did find multiple links but would you mind telling us which one you used?(I.e. where you copied and pasted all information from.)

Here is the initial post you are referring to:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
If you look just below the "off-site comment" box, you will see the link I used. Which is:
www.wvinter.net...
I hope this helps
Quadrivium

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Well hello Quadrivium!

Here is the initial post you are referring to:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
If you look just below the "off-site comment" box, you will see the link I used. Which is:
www.wvinter.net...
I hope this helps
Quadrivium

Well we have both a few problems about which came first. I.e. whether your site or my site came first.

But the fact of the matter is you copy and pasted someones cherry picking without hesitation, I believe, with an agenda to prove using the Qur'an itself as evidence.Then you miserably failed.

That was the point. You cannot get an agenda without reviewing your source, checking if it's biased, and makings sure it is original.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Ya know ET the jury is still out but I think you are beginning to grow on my.
That post was really Good and I enjoyed it very much, it made me laugh.

Statagy your ass, you totally botched that last post! Admit it.
I would luve to stay and play, but I must turn in soon.
But please there is one think you should know about me. I hate the simpsons, no more please, more.
You do know that to understand your enemy, you must think like them? Right? You need to understand what drivess them, and work on the problem of how to defete them from the inside out. If not then they will continue to Blow yOu up. And We would not want that would we.
OH yea, there is another meaning for quadrivium as well. once I get to know you better i will share it wit you.
Cute baby by the way.
Hmm. I wonder what could be misting?
IT hasBEEN fun abd I will be looking forward to the next time.

I think we will make beautiful words? together ET
good Nite/

edit on 17-10-2010 by Quadrivium because: key: its there, it is no where, and it's everywhere.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Check your interpretations/translations friend. Do you believe there is only one?

And one more bit of advice from one who knows, On this site it would be best not to wear your emotions on your sleeve. They are bound to get hurt if you do.

With that being said, the offer still stands, if there is anything I can do to make your ATS experience more enjoyable, please let me know.

Good Night,
Quadrivium

edit on 17-10-2010 by Quadrivium because: add "translations"

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Check your interpretations/translations friend. Do you believe there is only one?

And one more bit of advice from one who knows, On this site it would be best not to wear your emotions on your sleeve. They are bound to get hurt if you do.

With that being said, the offer still stands, if there is anything I can do to make your ATS experience more enjoyable, please let me know.

Good Night,
Quadrivium

edit on 17-10-2010 by Quadrivium because: add "translations"

The interpretations/translations still fit what I say...

www.islamawakened.com...

I'll ring if I need you!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
While I don't agree with Bill's opinion, it's great he can not only have one but voice it too. It was Joy who was in the wrong with that totally insulting and childish gesture and by displaying a typical narrow minded attitude of my way or the highway = walking.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

People don't these things out of bordom, there's is always a reason, always.
Even Timothy McVeigh had a reason. They becomes terrorists when their
reasons do not agree with our reasons for doing so. But there is always
Madness to thier Resoning, or is it the other way round.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by binomialtheorem

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by nightbringr

But neither of those are valid arguments. Muslims did not attack us, Extremists attacked us.

Lets be honest here for a moment. Logical, factual, etc. MUSLIM EXTREMISTS attacked us. They are both Muslim and Extremists. That doesn't mean all Muslims are extremists, nor does it mean all extremists are Muslims. But be truthful. Muslim extremists killed thousands of Americans and will continue to kill Americans when and where they can. They need to be stopped, and to stop them, you must realize who they are.

Allah commands Muslims to only fight defensively, not to commit the first blow. If they disobey this they disobey Allah's teachings.Stripping them of their Muslim status.

Now may I ask you what did those 3000 americans killed on 9/11 do to those extremists?
edit on 17-10-2010 by binomialtheorem because: Fallacy

I'll answer your question with a question.

Why does Israel kill so many Arabs when Israel is occupying their Land.
And Why does the USA Support and Supply all the Arms that Israel uses
to kill Innocent Civilians.

The USA is as guilty as Israel.. In a way, the USA is supporting Israeli Extermism
That's what 9/11 was about, well most of it anyway.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Lets be honest here for a moment. Logical, factual, etc. MUSLIM EXTREMISTS attacked us. They are both Muslim and Extremists. That doesn't mean all Muslims are extremists, nor does it mean all extremists are Muslims. But be truthful. Muslim extremists killed thousands of Americans and will continue to kill Americans when and where they can. They need to be stopped, and to stop them, you must realize who they are.

So, your suggesting in order to get the extremists, we must sacrifice our first amendment right to freedom of religion?

Wouldn't that be like us bombing ourselves so that they don't do it first? What sense does that make? In what way does it make sense to punish those who have done no wrong because of the actions of a few who have?

Guns don't kill people do they? But guns are used in the act of killing people by other people, yet despite your logic of punishing the innocent, we don't ban all guns.

It's the same exact argument here.
edit on 10/16/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure how you got there...from what I said. Our society has become so politically correct that we are afraid to call a duck a duck. Pitbulls attack people more than some other dogs. I'm not suggesting doing anything to all dogs, but I understand that my children are likely safer walking the side of the street with the Lab instead of the side of the street with the Pitbull. If you, or others want to label me for knowing the difference in people, dogs or religions...and realizing that there are factions of each that are more dangerous than others...go right ahead. You can't target extremists because you can't identify them until after they act. Much like fighting an army that doesn't wear a uniform. And...you can't fight everyone just because those that want to kill you aren't wearing a uniform. So...logically...you have to be weary of all of them.

Is that my fault? No way! If any group is "targeted" for suspicion, it is THAT group's responsibility to fix the problem. We can't. All we can do is avoid or be careful around Pitbulls. If the dogs want to remove the stigma of being dangerous...THEY need to deal with the Pitbulls.

Yes...I understand this is a goofy example. But it makes the point (I think).

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc

Are you Muslim? Have you even been around muslims or a mosque? Did you know Islam is a religion of peace? Fanatacism is eveywhere and in many forms; one would say that what you just stated, basically writing off the largest religion in the world, is a form of zealotry called ignorance. This country was founded on extremism, the complete genocide of some native american tribes to colonize America, so lets not completely disenfranchise the extremists.

You are correct. I am not Muslim nor do I know many. I know about five and they are all Americanized, peaceful and nice people. But...if the "extremists" who call, quote and use Islam as their reason for extremism were instead...I don't know...vegetarians, and call, quote and use vegetarianism as their reason for killing us...I would also be weary and careful around them, and call for the non-radical vegetarians to stand up against them and POLICE THEIR OWN!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE

Originally posted by fonenyc

Are you Muslim? Have you even been around muslims or a mosque? Did you know Islam is a religion of peace? Fanatacism is eveywhere and in many forms; one would say that what you just stated, basically writing off the largest religion in the world, is a form of zealotry called ignorance. This country was founded on extremism, the complete genocide of some native american tribes to colonize America, so lets not completely disenfranchise the extremists.

You are correct. I am not Muslim nor do I know many. I know about five and they are all Americanized, peaceful and nice people. But...if the "extremists" who call, quote and use Islam as their reason for extremism were instead...I don't know...vegetarians, and call, quote and use vegetarianism as their reason for killing us...I would also be weary and careful around them, and call for the non-radical vegetarians to stand up against them and POLICE THEIR OWN!

When Yousef did the WTC in 1993, he never cited the reasons as being for Islam or Muslem. The Muslem Extermist tag was placed on him by Christians because he was a Muslem and tried to blow something up. And 8 years Later, with help from Jewish Owned Media like FOX, turned it into a War against Muslims vs Christians taking all focus off the real reason "Israel". It worked a Treat. And as everybody learned later, the White House gets all their Intel and News from Fox.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

oh that link helped me translate data i had been mulling over for awhile!
thanks for that. the rest of the selection of verses are very interesting for several reasons, related to my current theory about translation bias. my only recourse was to remove from consideration verses in which i'm positively certain the text has jesus contradicting himself. the same applies to the old testament. i mean, how can a guy, who tells you to love those who hate you, to pray for and bless those who seek to do harm to you, and etc. say some of those other things? methinks someone was tinkering with the material.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

So apparently you now understand the influence of human involvement in Religion and how it pertains to society?

Can you now acknowledge that a dogmatic idea in itself is not dangerous but when taken out of context and bastardized by an individual, it can become a message of hate? Then, when you add into the equation an unbalanced and already dangerous individual, those messages of hate can lead to actions that are horrific and completely lacking of the original message of brotherhood and peace?

Can you now see, that the religion itself is not to blame but the persons practicing and bastardizing the religion for their own skewed means that is?

Let us take for example the case of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the supposed mastermind behind 9/11, isn't it possible that this individual bastardized Islam for his own nefarious purposes?

Now if you can acknowledge that aspect, that a person can twist and distort a concept like Islam to their own ends, you can understand that not everyone of the faith agrees with the interpretation of this individual, and that their actions were of a person with free will to do what they will.

Therefore, the religion is no longer to blame, and the individual is.

We do not blame all of Christianity for the actions of The Army of God even though Christians tend to not support the right for a woman to choose. We can understand that the people who have taken action on behalf of The Army of God acted through their own free will and not because of a directive or mandate from the bible.

I don't know about you, but my Muslim drinking buddies I think would agree with me. I live in southeast Michigan, and I do have Muslim friends, and I can tell you through firsthand experience, that not all Muslims take their faith so seriously.

So, knowing this, again, the blame for horrendous acts falls on the individual or individuals that perpetrate these acts and not the religion as a whole. The religion itself is of course non complicit in the act as the religion is an abstract construct and in itself cannot do anything. Individuals who interpret that construct incorrectly can in fact cause harm to others.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Just out of curiosity, do you really not realize that all of your 'corrections' are the same thing that you quoted just worded differently?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join