It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly causes Joy and Whoopi to walk off set of "The View"

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

The question that should have been asked of Oreilly is " does one apple spoil the bunch? or does one fanatic make an entire religion of peace fanatics willing to commit suicide to drive a home a point of what? Allah?" Is it that the "terrorists" invoke Allah to claim land and pseudo racist belief that God has chosen them making them purer and in fact "better" than the rest of humanity? Could it be that wiping out an entire race called the Phillistines would have its consequences, Karma, in the holocaust? Could it be the fanatics you should be referring to are the people who, much like Stalin in Russia with grain supplies, have wiped out millions of Americans with economic dissent related happenstance?; rise in violent crime being just one. Could it be "insurgent" is the word for banker? No? Well who has broken the law more than the American banker? Whooo maybe I have said to much but trust me there are more than one way to skin a cat or manipulate a dollar..... thank you for your time mister oreilly it was a pleasure to have you as a guest but not compared to dismissing as a former.... take care.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
reply to post by _BoneZ_

The question that should have been asked of Oreilly is " does one apple spoil the bunch?

One bunch spoiled the big apple (allegedly).

Actually
good points

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher
[more

LOL good one

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobuko

Bill was stating his opinion while everyone else was rude and tryed to shout down his valid arguments. Storming off the stage indeed. Mature much?

He stated two facts: that muslims attacked, and 70% of Americans are against the ground zero mosque. These are facts; whine about it if you will but they are truths.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

70% of americans are against the mosque??? i was never polled about this, and nobody i know told me they were ever polled about this. where did he get this fact from? a poll on his website?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Its simple... If people sat down and listen to the words comming out of the mans mouth, rather than putting words in it, they'd get the picture. Instead, some cant take free and equal speech so it causes them to shut out everything being said and retaliation to make the rest of the world do the same... That's usually a pretty drama queenish cycle. Only 10 year olds are supposed to have those kinds of tantrums. Sad that people cant descuss issues that are RELEVANT. Just because you dont see it doesnt mean that 70%, the bulk of the nation does not want it. Another 10% or more of the remaining 30% are bandwagoneers no doubt. This is why I dont watch TV.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

But neither of those are valid arguments. Muslims did not attack us, Extremists attacked us. There is a major difference. and 70% of WHO? Throwing out a poll number is useless. Polls are quite useless themselves especially if you know how they poll to get those numbers.

So his arguments were quite flawed to begin with, and it just shows that he marches along with the fox narrative of fear and ignorance.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
(Bold by me)

Originally posted by Rhenn
Its simple... If people sat down and listen to the words comming out of the mans mouth, rather than putting words in it, they'd get the picture. Instead, some cant take free and equal speech so it causes them to shut out everything being said and retaliation to make the rest of the world do the same... That's usually a pretty drama queenish cycle. Only 10 year olds are supposed to have those kinds of tantrums. Sad that people cant descuss issues that are RELEVANT. Just because you dont see it doesnt mean that 70%, the bulk of the nation does not want it. Another 10% or more of the remaining 30% are bandwagoneers no doubt. This is why I dont watch TV.

umm.. I just want to throw this out there:
If you do not watch TV, then aren't you one of the people who have not sat down and listened to the words coming out of that man's mouth?

Pleasantries,
ET

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I'm surprised from reading this thread by how many people from the USA consider they're countrymen stupid. Perhaps I should learn mandarin.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
reply to post by _BoneZ_

The question that should have been asked of Oreilly is " does one apple spoil the bunch? or does one fanatic make an entire religion of peace fanatics willing to commit suicide to drive a home a point of what? Allah?"

I would say "YES"...one bad apple can spoil the bunch. If you have a rotten piece of fruit next to a good one, the rot spreads. But as you are using the statement...also "YES". Islam is spread (especially in prison) as a religion and mostly to people who have little remaining in their lives. Islam may be just another religion, but those that choose to use it for their own purposes, use it well. Radical Islam is then spread in the "Now that you are Muslim...let me tell you about those who kill your brothers and hate Islam". That is where the "radical" comes in. It is almost exactly what happened so long ago with Christianity.

So..."YES"...this type of rot does spread.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

But neither of those are valid arguments. Muslims did not attack us, Extremists attacked us.

Lets be honest here for a moment. Logical, factual, etc. MUSLIM EXTREMISTS attacked us. They are both Muslim and Extremists. That doesn't mean all Muslims are extremists, nor does it mean all extremists are Muslims. But be truthful. Muslim extremists killed thousands of Americans and will continue to kill Americans when and where they can. They need to be stopped, and to stop them, you must realize who they are.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This is amazing, and is unfortunately exactly what has happened in England.

We have so many liberals crying about the rights of criminals, minorities, and undesirables, that if you dare to disagree you are automatically a "racist" or a "biggot".

If you're not from a minority, you're not a drug addict, layabout, or general waste of space, then you're looked down on.

The simple fact as I see it with regards to the mosque at ground zero is this:

When you have a war, and you are victorious, you fly your flag over the conquered ground - think of the iconic image of the US soldiers putting up the flag at Iwo Jima.

The attacks on 911 were carried out by Muslims in the name of religion.

Building a mosque on that site is psychologically like allowing them to fly their flag of victory.

You are submitting to the will of Islam.

It is the most moronic, idiotic, ill thought out, stupid, and dangerous thing that you've ever done over their.

The simple fact is that if you continue to allow weak minded liberals and apologists who want to be absolved of being Western to appease the Muslims by bending over backwards and giving them everything that they demand, then it won't be long before you're in the same sorry state that we are.

Building that mosque is saying "we are weak minded fools, we are weak, and you can do whatever you want to us and we won't fight back."

These people came to the US to KILL you.

They DID KILL you.

And now you want to give them advertising space on the monument that remembers the attrocities that they committed?

Because that's exactly what it is.

They're advertising the fact that they came, they killed, and now you're giving them exactly what they want.

In other words...

Killing Americans on their own soil works - they will bow to your will.

It doesn't matter if they were extremists or not - they were Musilms, and you're allowing them to fly the flag of Islam over the memorial where they slaughtered innocent people just for being American.

How long before the flag of Islam flies over the White House?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Lets be honest here for a moment. Logical, factual, etc. MUSLIM EXTREMISTS attacked us. They are both Muslim and Extremists. That doesn't mean all Muslims are extremists, nor does it mean all extremists are Muslims. But be truthful. Muslim extremists killed thousands of Americans and will continue to kill Americans when and where they can. They need to be stopped, and to stop them, you must realize who they are.

So, your suggesting in order to get the extremists, we must sacrifice our first amendment right to freedom of religion?

Wouldn't that be like us bombing ourselves so that they don't do it first? What sense does that make? In what way does it make sense to punish those who have done no wrong because of the actions of a few who have?

Guns don't kill people do they? But guns are used in the act of killing people by other people, yet despite your logic of punishing the innocent, we don't ban all guns.

It's the same exact argument here.
edit on 10/16/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

So, your suggesting in order to get the extremists, we must sacrifice our first amendment right to freedom of religion?

Wouldn't that be like us bombing ourselves so that they don't do it first? What sense does that make?

I can't believe that I'm here on a conspiracy site, and you're quoting the words and phrases that you've been conditioned to use by the press and politicians.

Who says that they are "extremists"?

What is an "extremist"?

In the UK the 7/7 attacks caused shock because the people who carried them out were so "normal".

That caused a problem, because on the one hand they have to be painted as "extremists" (just think about the image that this word conjures in your mind - a hateful man dressed in black with his face covered?), but they'd already been described as normal.

So they're normal guys who've "had their heads turned" by extremists.

This is a religous war.

While you and I define ourselves by our nationality - by geographical boundaries - muslims define themselvessby the boundaries of religion.

It doesn't matter if you're from Iraq, Saudi, Pakistan, or anywhere else - you're muslim brothers first.

And if you're not muslims then you're Kuffir, and will either bow to Islam or be killed.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Obviously the people that pulled off the 7/7 attacks were anything but "normal" they killed people, normal people don't kill people do they?

Islam is a religion, as a religion it is simply a concept, and in itself cannot harm another person. However, people being people, can have the ability to inflict harm on another in great measure. Given the history of the UK, surely you can understand that concept. Might I suggest a trip to the York Dungeon to enlighten yourself on the acts of humans towards other humans if you are unfamiliar with the rich history of punishments and tortures in England.

As far as it being a conspiracy, let me turn you on to doomsday prophecy and those that DO want a religious war against Islam because they believe that it will kick off a doomsday scenario and bring about the Apocalypse. These people want to brainwash others into believing that Islam is a threat because to them, Islam is a threat and in their twisted and skewed vision of the end of the world, the only way to bring about judgement day is to have a mighty war with Islam, destroy the dome of the rock, and rebuild the temple of Solomon.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Obviously the people that pulled off the 7/7 attacks were anything but "normal" they killed people, normal people don't kill people do they?

Islam is a religion, as a religion it is simply a concept, and in itself cannot harm another person. However, people being people, can have the ability to inflict harm on another in great measure. Given the history of the UK, surely you can understand that concept. Might I suggest a trip to the York Dungeon to enlighten yourself on the acts of humans towards other humans if you are unfamiliar with the rich history of punishments and tortures in England.

As far as it being a conspiracy, let me turn you on to doomsday prophecy and those that DO want a religious war against Islam because they believe that it will kick off a doomsday scenario and bring about the Apocalypse. These people want to brainwash others into believing that Islam is a threat because to them, Islam is a threat and in their twisted and skewed vision of the end of the world, the only way to bring about judgement day is to have a mighty war with Islam, destroy the dome of the rock, and rebuild the temple of Solomon.

What some people did to other people in the past have no bearing really, do they, and they have no bearing to me because I'm English.

Quite why you brought that up I don't know, it doesn't lend any weight to your argument, and you haven't scored any brownie points from it.

I am well aware of the doomsdayers, but that isn't the issue here.

We are not being told that Islam is the enemy, quite the opposite, we are told that it is a benign, peaceful, loving religion.

Which it clearly isn't.

My point is that what is being done is that we are being told - and people like you swallow - the notion that Islam is good, it's just a handful of "extremists" that are the threat.

Clearly this isn't the case, the "normal" people who committed 7/7 were not what you could describe as extremist in any way shape or form.

They were simply Muslims.

The core aim of Islam is to convert the World to Islam, by persuasion or conquest.

Allowing a mosque to be built on soil where they attacked the US in an attempt at domination is moronic.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Are you Muslim? Have you even been around muslims or a mosque? Did you know Islam is a religion of peace? Fanatacism is eveywhere and in many forms; one would say that what you just stated, basically writing off the largest religion in the world, is a form of zealotry called ignorance. This country was founded on extremism, the complete genocide of some native american tribes to colonize America, so lets not completely disenfranchise the extremists.

Jail is run by gangs not religions and if anything the conversion to Islam ensures your safety and freedom from having to engage in illegal activity behind bars by pressure of gang violence. Think if Islam was an extremist religion of fanatics being they are the largest religion globally, then we would already be in world war 3. The fanatics are the corporate schemers hiding behind a religious war doctrine to brainwash people into submission.

Muslim, Jew and Christian alike are all to blame for allowing themselves to be used in this manner and be paraded around to increase defense budgets. Little honor and faith do they put in their GOd, those who in ego would not trust in the good of their higher belief and act in haste to undermine and judge any other who differs from their personal belief; if your God was so good then wouldnt everyone be clamoring to convert?

People shouldnt be judged on their faith, color or country's political policy toward the world market but rather by their character alone through their actions individually. This is a sad time we are living in, doomed to repeat the past.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

i'm not sure you realize how the dialectic has screwed with your brain, but let me show you what i mean. you said:

Muslim, Jew and Christian alike are all to blame

and THEN said:

People shouldnt be judged on their faith, color or country's political policy toward the world market but rather by their character alone through their actions individually.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You can't honestly sit there, and on one hand say that not all Muslims are extremists, then in the next post lump every Muslim together as extremists! Shesh oh Pete, make up your mind already!

Plus isn't it the goal of every abrahamic faith to convert people or make them suffer for it? If you ask me, these faiths of love and peace really get screwed up in the translation.

It's like the whole doomsday Christian cult that is actually pushing for a holy war with Islam so that they can get their prophecy for the end times going. What? You don't think these people have a PR firm? You don't think that these people would want everyone to think that all Muslims are evil corrupt bad guys that are all bloodthirsty murderers and premature detonators?

You don't think that maybe, just maybe, in order to get as many people on board with their little crazy end timers idea, that they just might omit parts of their plan? Make it more PC and you know, friendly to the average idiot on the street.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Here's the problem that right wingers can't get through their thick skulls about this issue. O'Reilly can't seem to comprehend this either.

Islam did not attack us on 9/11, it didn't insane people DID.

Take the religion out of the equation and you understand that it's the fault of INSANE people, people who don't respect the lives of others, people who are so indoctrinated in their own hate that they cannot fathom anyone else thinking or believing or acting in any other way but the way THEY want.

That's what O'Reilly does not understand, if you take the religious component out of the equation (because it's irrelevant anyway) you will come to understand that the people involved are seriously demented homicidal idiots. If they didn't have Islam to base their hatred on, they would have chosen some other reason to do it. It just doesn't matter. Hell, they could have just as easily based their reason on the catcher in the rye.
edit on 10/15/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

I see your point,
BUT Their religion is NOT irrelevant. We have to understand why thy did it, in who's name it was done in. We have to understand why they think that by giving their own lives, in order to kill others, will give them a special place in Heaven. They REALLY do believe that, you know.
Hatred and Religion are the only two things that were driving these Muslims. Not all Muslims see their religion in this light, but some do.
If a Christian shoots an abortion doctor or bombs an abortion clinic in America do you hear anyone in MSM say a radical did it? Or do we hear.............
"A Christian shot and killed DR. SOsndSO today outside this clinic in Utopiaville"
Is it right for them to be generalized like this? No, just as it not right for Muslims to be generalized. But it happens.
Simple fact, Christians kill Abortion doctors, Muslims kill infidels and themselves. Not all of them but some do.
I have actually used the same argument your using. When I was told that I should not be a Christian, due to all the wrongs they have done in the past.
Some unstable people are USED in the name of religion. Not because of religion.
The only real problem I have, with the argument, is that when People Kill Themselves as well as the Ones they are taught to hate.
This speaks volumes about the message they are receiving. If they are willing to kill themselves, TO TAKE THEIR OWN LIVES, we have to look at that message because it is not only hatred then but the promise, that they believe in their hearts, that by doing so they will be given more. Is this promise really given in their Holy scriptures? Or is it just a ploy used to delude these people into doing what others want done? Is the religion really one of love or hatred?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join