learn more

Bill O'Reilly causes Joy and Whoopi to walk off set of "The View"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+24 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Bill O'Reilly was invited to "The View" to talk politics and his new book. But Joy and Whoopi were angered by Bill's comments and walked off of the set. Not that it's the least bit surprising. Bill O'Reilly angers quite a many every time he opens his mouth on TV. He has no business being on TV, in my opinion. Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck; all have no business being on TV.

They are the low-life scum of the media. They are a detriment to human-kind.

Here's the video:

edit on 14-10-2010 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

+110 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If they were smart they would have stayed to ask more questions, or to get him to clarify. Very typical of most liberals and politicians tho. They don't have a coherent arguement so they get angry, and go off on a tiff. Ms. Goldberg and Ms. Behar just showed what empty minded fools they are. All they can do is tow the party line. Just like the rest of the MSM.

+32 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rakkasansct
Ms. Goldberg and Ms. Behar just showed what empty minded fools they are.

Nah. I think they showed Bill that people are tired of hearing his rhetoric and BS that comes out of his mouth.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rakkasansct

I agree holding fast and asking a few intelligent questions with the right delivery could have taken him out. But they chose to flee rather than fight.

+54 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Barbara Walters got it right. What ever happened to legit conversation and debate?

Walking off stage is immature and inappropriate IMO.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck; all have no business being on TV.

They are the low-life scum of the media. They are a detriment to human-kind.

I like you BoneZ. You are a saint.

Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, while they speak at a 5th grade level to their audiences, appear to me to collectively be the taint of investigative journalism. I find more truth on the Science Fiction channel than I do Fox News propaganda shills' "programming".

I equate Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity as being somewhere inbetween dogs chasing their own tails, and a monkeys throwing poo at their own audiences.

They are certainly detrimental to the human condition. And to see Bill O'Reilly accuse billions for the ALLEGED actions and behaviors of a few with ideologies who acted upon their ideologies is not healthy for Americans.

Fox News is worse for the America than Al Jazeera. period.

What I dislike most about Fox is how they impliment psyops tactics against their own customers, and the banter they pander. Fear, it's their income.

ughhh,
ET

edit on 14-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: typing too fast

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rakkasansct
If they were smart they would have stayed to ask more questions, or to get him to clarify. Very typical of most liberals and politicians tho. They don't have a coherent arguement so they get angry, and go off on a tiff. Ms. Goldberg and Ms. Behar just showed what empty minded fools they are. All they can do is tow the party line. Just like the rest of the MSM.

If they had stayed it would have turned into a shouting match something that isn't welcome on a show like that. O'Reilly put his foot in his mouth and he knew it but that isn't nothing new for him. Besides when was the last time O'Reilly had a coherent argument?

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

It's pretty clear they walked out because they recognized futility in having an intelligent discussion with Mr. O'reilly. I'm sure many of us are aware of how easily his own show becomes a shouting match. I completely agree with Barbara Walters on this, he was equating muslims as a whole to terrorists rather than making a distinction between muslims and extremists. Clearly he cannot see past that.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
How did the guy end up getting his own show? Americans cant wake up when you got backwards people like this guy.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I usually can't stand Ole' Bill but this time I can say he was just speaking his opinion. He does come off as arrogant most of the time but people need to stop taking these TV personalities as serious as they do. If you disagree then that is your right. Don't get mad about it. Who are they anyways? Just a person who scored the job. They are not anyone special.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

But doesn't this prove that Liberals act like children while republicans to act like drunks?

Liberals - debate doesn't mean start every response with "your mom" and ends in your running away to cry

Conservatives - debate doesn't mean who's louder. stop shouting at me, we're sitting across the table from each other.

At what point do you grow up and stop blaming your actions on someone else? YOU make you raise your voice. I'll be damned if my son walks out on our conversation because he "doesn't agree with me".

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I believe that Joy and Whoopi had cogent arguments. They walked off in the main because he wouldn't shut up and listen to them but kept talking over them.

I agree that Barbara Walters kept a cool head and did the most appropriate thing. The other two women returned shortly when they had cooled down. Their professionalism overcame their anger.

I do not think it is fair to characterize Behar and Goldberg as unable to think for themselves just because they didn't agree with Bill O'Reilly. You're painting everyone who disagrees with him (or you) as unstable.

Bill O'Reilly's whole shtick is to be outrageous and shout other people down. That's what he does for a living. He was having fun at the expense of any effort toward civil debate.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Sestias because: clarity

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Yes I do think they didn't have an arguement. They started getting angry when he spoke out about the mosque, Obama, and how 70% of Americans don't want a mosque at ground zero. They couldn't come up with a party talking point to spout off, so they ran. I don't like O'reilly or Fox news either. I'm not defending O'Reilly. I just didn't post about him. In my head I included Fox news in MSM, and didn't make it clear in my post. The only one I like on Fox is Beck.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Let me get this straight.

Muslim men didn't attack us on 9/11?'Muslim Extremists' did? Since when is there a difference? THE VAST MAJORITY of Muslims support Jihad against Israel & 'Zionist America'.

So when you become a terrorist - you stop being Muslim? Help me now, I'm trying to follow the logic of Whoopi & Joy.
Now, when you mention that Terrorists are Muslim then you should be taken off TV?
Then your so upset that Muslims were denigrated that you lead by example with facts and figures or you do some denigrating yourself by calling a whole slew of Americans life scum?

What Mosque do you go to?

+31 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Not a big fan of Bill, but anyone who can shut Whoopi and Joy up and get them off of the t.v. gets a big thumbs up from me. They should have him on everyday, it'd help lower the stupid factor on the show.

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ha, they invite him to their show and they walk off?
Can't take the heat don't invite another cook into your kitchen!

Did the Whoopie mention McVeigh?
Doesn't she know that Liberal administrations create home grown terrorists?
Since Timothy was a product of the Clinton/Reno Waco fiasco, it is now safe to assume that building the mosque will create even more McVeigh’s, this time under Obama’s watch.

Emotions and partisonship aside, Bill won this debate.

Dang, that Hasselbeck lady is one fine hottie.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

well lets turn the tables on you..................what if i said you have no business speaking on ats ?

was that an accurate statement? nope..............................

this is why people cant talk to each other they throw temper tantrums and go off in a huff.......

people want a debate is all about rising above the issue itself and to lay out an arguement supporting ones own beleifs.....right or wrong its all about making a certain viewpoint known.........

not everyone wanted that mosque built.............they have the right to build it............we still have the right to disagree with the decision as your free to support that belief it should be built............

main stream media or websites like ats its all the same thing pundits pushing their talking points out for others to see it what you do with it is up to you the individual...............noone makes you come here noone makes them turn to the channels they do...............................its all about the freedom to listen to what they want..............there are no problems with that whatsoever....................the only problems here is two chics didnt get their ways and got mad about it.............pretty much like every other topic when a man and a woman argue......just saying dont shoot the messenger shoot the ideals

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I have had the pleasure of being amused by this clown even over here in Oz. We had someone very similar over here by the name Stan Zemanek. Lucky for us he died of brain cancer many years ago. It may sound cold of me but he deserved what he got after years of spouting cancerous hatred and total BS on his show.

Maybe you guys will get lucky and the world will be rid of Bill and his lack of compassion, empathy, understanding and intelligence some time soon.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Besides when was the last time O'Reilly had a coherent argument?

Probably when he berrated the producer on Inside Edition (if you don't know find the clip on youtube)! Such a level-headed guy that Bill.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join