It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly causes Joy and Whoopi to walk off set of "The View"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I've watched the View many times over the years. The basic premise of the show has not changed at all, just the faces speaking.

Outside of Barbara, Joy and Whoopie generally come across as the most level headed and intelligent. Elisabeth is the one that normally appears out of line and die-hard in her beliefs. Joy and Whoopie are liberal, Elisabeth is a conservative. Nothing wrong with that, but bickering/yelling is nothing new to the show just because of this.

I would be really surprised if any of the women, outside of Barbara, has any final say in who is a guest on the show. Most likely the produces make all of the decisions. So it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for some of the women (not just Joy and Whoopie) to not want to have O'Reilly on.

At first O'Reilly did say "all Muslims", but he later clarified, after Joy and Whoopie walked off, that he meant extremists. O'Reilly is very good at getting people riled-up and then pulling out this calm, cool, and collected demeanor when whoever he is talking to blows a gasket. My dad does the same thing, so even when O'Reilly is being really slick about it, I can still easily see it.

Also, NONE of those people (as in all of the reporters/commentators on TV) would be there if they didn't have some acting ability/"stage" presence. Doesn't happen. They have to either know or learn really quickly how to do this. With that said, I would not be surprised in the least bit if some of this was staged. Because at the end of the day, all of this is really nothing more than entertainment.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Like chamilionaire said in his song the morning news and I quote "Bill O'Reily's an idiot, he ain't the only one with an opinion fool"

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

You may indeed be correct. I think the ladies (Barbara & Whoopi) were trying to get him to admit to his stance on the issue, but if we review the tape around the 16 second mark we can hear and see Bill cut them off and say "No no no no no no" and then deflect and redirect the conversation in a direction he is going to discuss, not what they were already trying to discuss. But, how could he have known what they were trying to ask, he did not permit them to finish their thoughts, nor was he even listening.

Um, this is Bill O'Reilly we are talking about, right? He always does that. It's in his nature and it has nothing to do with what they were actually talking about; he just never lets people finish.

Now, I would like to point out that for about 10 pages now, you ignored my post pointing out something you've continued to say well after that post, that being your erroneous perception on Bill's beliefs on Muslims. He doesn't blame all Muslims, and he never has. He in fact very precisely explained his wording on his show that night, and when you consider his reasoning for his wording he is in fact not being offensive or stupid in his statement.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
But, how could he have known what they were trying to ask, he did not permit them to finish their thoughts, nor was he even listening.

Neither were they. Everyone was trying to talk over everyone else, none of them were listening, and all of them thought they knew what the others meant before letting them finish their thought.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It appear to me, on the surface they're (the cast of The View and Mr. O'Reilly) are on different planets with their opinions. However when you examine it all closely what you have is group think propaganda being spewed to keep the masses divided and confused.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Hey everyone,

I would like to give my opinion.
I feel that to let the muslums put their mosk/temple on or near the 9/11 site is an abomination and the your president should be ashamed of himself for allowing it to happen. America used to stand for something and now its values have sorely fallen by the wayside, and we have let that happen, also. Shame on us for allowing this to happen. I whole heartily agree with Bill, and all the other news people who still have a backbone to stand on. Hoorah for Bill O'Reilly!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by christian39

watch this and consider what is REALLY the priority

saving human lives comes to mind. not stopping them from exercising their freedoms, but asking them not to endanger themselves and others, by doing something so incredibly controversial that it boggles the mind that the debate is even necessary.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Bill O'Reilly was invited to "The View" to talk politics and his new book. But Joy and Whoopi were angered by Bill's comments and walked off of the set. Not that it's the least bit surprising. Bill O'Reilly angers quite a many every time he opens his mouth on TV. He has no business being on TV, in my opinion. Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck; all have no business being on TV.

They are the low-life scum of the media. They are a detriment to human-kind.

Here's the video:

edit on 14-10-2010 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

In my opinion i think these men should make our presidemt and vice presidnet secratary of defense. Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck; bill is the new pres and beck is the new vice pres

edit on 15-10-2010 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsmappy
Let me get this straight.

Muslim men didn't attack us on 9/11?'Muslim Extremists' did? Since when is there a difference? THE VAST MAJORITY of Muslims support Jihad against Israel & 'Zionist America'.

So when you become a terrorist - you stop being Muslim? Help me now, I'm trying to follow the logic of Whoopi & Joy.
Now, when you mention that Terrorists are Muslim then you should be taken off TV?
Then your so upset that Muslims were denigrated that you lead by example with facts and figures or you do some denigrating yourself by calling a whole slew of Americans life scum?

What Mosque do you go to?

There are about a Billion Muslims in the world. So who told you the "VAST MAJORITY" support this Jihad movement.
There are a couple million Americans who are Muslim. You are saying they don't have the right to their "churches" because some in the world have commited foul crimes. I find that totaly strange.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz

Originally posted by spaznational

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Bill O'Reilly was invited to "The View" to talk politics and his new book. But Joy and Whoopi were angered by Bill's comments and walked off of the set. Not that it's the least bit surprising. Bill O'Reilly angers quite a many every time he opens his mouth on TV. He has no business being on TV, in my opinion. Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck; all have no business being on TV.

They are the low-life scum of the media. They are a detriment to human-kind.

edit on 14-10-2010 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

So let me get this straight...

Only people who agree with you should be on TV.

Thanks for supporting MY opinion that leftists hate free speech.

He said they shouldn't be on TV. He didn't say he was TV Czar and you all better agree with me.
We need to have objective arguments, not subjective ones.
edit on 15-10-2010 by DaWhiz because: chg should to shouldn't

Did you read his post first or just jump me?

He said "Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck; all have no business being on TV." This statement implies the inverse: "There are people who DO have business being on TV." And this implies a decision to be made about who goes on TV. He fails to understand that O'Reilly obviously has business on TV--because his show makes money--but leftist (see Hugo Chavez) believe it is their job to decide for us peasants such matters. So my assertion is valid and worthy.

His is the leftist anti-logic that is so very dangerous and subversive. If he had attacked O'Reilly personally or professionally, such as "O"Really sucks," I wouldn't have been interested in replying. Personally I think O'Reilly is brash and abrasive. But I like to point out the leftist anti-logic when I see it.
edit on 15-10-2010 by spaznational because: Lengthen my post.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by christian39
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Hey everyone,

I feel that to let the muslums put their mosk/temple on or near the 9/11 site is an abomination and the your president should be ashamed of himself for allowing it to happen. America used to stand for something and now its values have sorely fallen by the wayside, and we have let that happen, also. Shame on us for allowing this to happen. I whole heartily agree with Bill, and all the other news people who still have a backbone to stand on. Hoorah for Bill O'Reilly!

I think you don't know what "American Values" are. Our values have always dictated freedom from being oppressed even if the "majority' or in this case some of the families of victims of a crime want to curb our inherent rights. Freedom to buy land regardless of race or religion and use it in a legal way, you take that away from some and you have less liberty for all!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

We didn't drop the bomb to end the war we dropped it to throw a scare into the Russians. Japan had been trying to surrender the whole summer before we dropped the bombs and after we dropped them the general staff came out and spoke out against it. Even Oppenheimer was against using the bomb. We would have lost no where near a million soldiers we could have simply sat out at sea and pounded them with artillery from ships until the military surrendered.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by christian39
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Hey everyone,

By allowing them to build the community center ( let's call it what it really is) where they want we are standing by our values. You are not from here so maybe you should read the constitution before saying we are doing right or wrong. www.usconstitution.net...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

so what why is this even a thread to begin with?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is the reason they walked off the set.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm watching the O'Reilly Factor "No Spin Zone" right now on Fox.

Responding to an email to his show that says:
"Bill, why on earth would you apologize for your statements?"

Bill O'Reilly says:
"I didn't apologize for my statements Jeff. I stand by them. I simply said if anybody didn't understand my position and took offense, I'm sorry about that, and I am. It was not my intention to denegrade Islam. And I did not do that. But some folks just can't figure it out, and I'm sorry about that as well."

There, in his own words he did not apologize. He was sorry that people did not understand his position, and he was sorry they took offense.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

agreed. the issue here is, is it wise for them to want to put it there. which i think is a serious question that needs to be discussed. not that they can't, but should they want to, and further, what would make them want to, even in the face of how very unwise it is.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jsmappy

That's right
tell'em like it is.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

You said the "magic word"" Dictated" . That is exactly where this country is going. If you truly believe you own anything in this country, in my opinion you are mistaken. The gov. has a right to anything and everything away from you an d everybody else.

Hey everybody

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsmappy
THE VAST MAJORITY of Muslims support Jihad against Israel & 'Zionist America'.

According to whom? There are over a billion self proclaimed Muslims on this planet. Since you claim to know the wills and intentions of "THE VAST MAJORITY" of Muslims on this planet, I am inclined to ask how many Muslims do you personally know?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join