It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOL..........could this be the problem with our government?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
A friend of mine e-mailed this to me today, please read on.

A DC 'airport ticket agent' offers some examples of 'WHY' our country is in trouble!

1. I had a New Hampshire Congresswoman (Carol Shea-Porter) ask for an aisle seat so that her hair wouldn't get messed up by being near the window. (On a jet airliner!)

2. I got a call from a Kansas Congressman's (Moore) staffer (Howard Bauleke), who wanted to go to Cape Town. I started to explain the length of the flight and the passport information, and then he interrupted me with, ''I'm not trying to make you look stupid, but Cape Town is in Massachusetts ..''

Without trying to make him look stupid, I calmly explained, ''Cape Cod is in Massachusetts , Cape Town is in South Africa .''
His response -- click..

3. A senior Vermont Congressman (Bernie Sanders) called, furious about a Florida package we did. I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando . He said he was expecting an ocean-view room. I tried to explain that's not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state.

He replied, 'Don't lie to me!, I looked on the map, and Florida is a very THIN state!!'' (OMG)

4. I got a call from a lawmaker's wife (Landra Reid) who asked, ''Is it possible to see England from Canada ?''

I said, ''No.''

She said, ''But they look so close on the map'' (OMG, again!)

5. An aide for a cabinet member (Janet Napolitano) once called and asked if he could rent a car in Dallas .. I pulled up the reservation and noticed he had only a 1-hour layover in Dallas ... When I asked him why he wanted to rent a car, he said, ''I heard Dallas was a big airport, and we will need a car to drive between gates to save time.'' (Aghhhh)

6. An Illinois Congresswoman (Jan Schakowsky) called last week. She needed to know how it was possible that her flight from Detroit left at 8:30 a.m., and got to Chicago at 8:33 a.m.

I explained that Michigan was an hour ahead of Illinois , but she couldn't understand the concept of time zones. Finally, I told her the plane went fast, and she bought that.

7. A New York lawmaker, (Jerrold Nadler) called and asked, ''Do airlines put your physical description on your bag so they know whose luggage belongs to whom?'' I said, 'No, why do you ask?'

He replied, ''Well, when I checked in with the airline, they put a tag on my luggage that said (FAT), and I'm overweight. I think that's very rude!''

After putting him on hold for a minute, while I looked into it. (I was dying laughing). I came back and explained the city code for Fresno , Ca. is (FAT - Fresno Air Terminal), and the airline was just putting a destination tag on his luggage..

8. A Senator John Kerry aide (Lindsay Ross) called to inquire about a trip package to Hawaii . After going over all the cost info, she asked, ''Would it be cheaper to fly to California and then take the train to Hawaii ?''

9. I just got off the phone with a freshman Congressman, Bobby Bright from Ala who asked, ''How do I know which plane to get on?''

I asked him what exactly he meant, to which he replied, ''I was told my flight number is 823, but none of these planes have numbers on them.''

10 Senator Dianne Feinstein called and said, ''I need to fly to Pepsi-Cola , Florida . Do I have to get on one of those little computer planes?''

I asked if she meant fly to Pensacola , FL on a commuter plane.

She said, ''Yeah, whatever, smarty!''

11 Mary Landrieu, La. Senator, called and had a question about the documents she needed in order to fly to China . After a lengthy discussion about passports, I reminded her that she needed a visa. "Oh, no I don't. I've been to China many times and never had to have one of those.''

I double checked and sure enough, her stay required a visa. When I told her this she said, ''Look, I've been to China four times and every time they have accepted my American Express!''

12 A New Jersey Congressman (John Adler) called to make reservations, ''I want to go from Chicago to Rhino, New York .''

I was at a loss for words. Finally, I said, ''Are you sure that's the name of the town?''

'Yes, what flights do you have?'' replied the man.

After some searching, I came back with, ''I'm sorry, sir, I've looked up every airport code in the country and can't find a rhino anywhere."

''The man retorted, ''Oh, don't be silly! Everyone knows where it is. Check your map!''

So I scoured a map of the state of New York and finally offered, ''You don't mean Buffalo , do you?''

The reply? ''Whatever! I knew it was a big animal.''

Now you know why the Government is in the shape it's in!

Could ANYONE be this DUMB?

YES, THEY WALK AMONG US, ARE IN POLITICS, AND THEY CONTINUE TO BREED.

I don't write it, I just offer it for your consideration.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I understand that this is only a few, but, this is just from one ticket agent. Just think if every agent could talk, what you may learn. I had to laugh though when I read it, and it does make you wonder if there is any common sense left in the political field anymore.
edit on 14-10-2010 by FiatLux because: i just like to fill out the edit reason.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
LOL This made me think of Senator Hank Johnson who was afraid that Guam was going to capsize because of overpopulation. (no photographic memory- had to look it up)
:facepalm:

thehill.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Fake

Snopes

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
That`s what I mean. Like I said, that was from one ticket agent. If we could hear them all, it may blow your mind how bad it really is in the common sense department.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Ha ha could they really be that stupid??that's the funniest thing I've heard in awhile

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

They may not be real examples. But the lack of common sense in the political field is real, and one can read about it most days, or even see it happening with your own eyes on CSPAN.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I used to work at O'Hare in Chicago. Pretty recently.

I held two jobs there, the same exact position, two different wages and two different companies.
I pushed disabled people, old folks, and fat americans in wheel chairs. I've encountered some mentally handicapped people, I've helped very interesting people with what I can only guess is dementia, but only an American can ask something like "uhhh.. excuse me.. where is the nearest bathroom?" --- "Turn around"--- "ohh..".. walks away without a thank you or anything.

There's worse.

I was pushing an old black lady who worked for catholic church conventions or whatever (she was actually going to be staying at the hotel where my father worked, which holds conventions as a convention center). Well anyway, lady claims "Oh darlin I been all OVA the world"

"Have you ever been to Bosnia ma'am?"

"oh LORD no! Those people!..." She gestures for me to lean in closer. "They fly planes into building and blow themselves up, yes they do."
"Oh really now, I had no idea!", I tell her.
"And where are you from? Were you born in Chicago?"
.. "No ma'am, I was born in Bosnia and came here as a refugee when I was 3. Get the hell out of my wheelchair."

Well, just a couple of my experiences. But airports in general are afflicted with stupid people. I'm tellin ya, the mean IQ in a mental hospital is higher than the average of americans whom I've interacted with at O'Hare."

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux

They may not be real examples. But the lack of common sense in the political field is real, and one can read about it most days, or even see it happening with your own eyes on CSPAN.

I'm not disputing that.

But sometimes common sense is a matter of perspective.

Like I think it would be common sense to check if a chain email is a hoax before posting it as fact...but that is just me.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Stupid is , what Stupid does . That's what my Momma always use to say .........

edit on 14-10-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Fake

Snopes

Good catch!

I think it interesting how someone took an old fictitious forwarded e-mail and then inserted the names of Democrats (or their Staff) into the document, making a subtle, but partisan Weapon of Mass Distraction.

I think it even more funny that at face value many would fall for it without showing a modicum of skepticism or incredulity.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Funny read.. I'm a bit to lazy to check, but I'm pretty sure only Democrats were listed on this?

It's fake for sure, but funny either way.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I'm not disputing that.

Like I think it would be common sense to check if a chain email is a hoax before posting it as fact...but that is just me.

Yes, and sometimes being rigid makes people debate things that make other people smile just for a change. Next time I promise that I will post something from CSPAN, that way it will be from an official source, just to make you happy, ok?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Fake? Even though, I laughed out loud and I'm flagging it for that.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
real or fake it doesnt take a huge leap by no means to think our polticians are in any way smart.........

their actions clearly speak otherwise................

obama.........and "corpsman"
pelosi................"we have to pass the bill before we know whats in it"

and the video evidence speaks for itself......

that list is funny.......cause in my mind you can bet comments like those have been made.........all products of the department of the "edu*me*cation"

*and yes i know how to spell education*

edit on 14-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yeah, sure.
"No ma'am, I was born in Bosnia and came here as a refugee when I was 3. Get the hell out of my wheelchair."

...wish i couldve seen her reaction!...

...to the op - thx - we're howlin' here!...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I'm not disputing that.

Yes, and sometimes being rigid makes people debate things that make other people smile just for a change. Next time I promise that I will post something from CSPAN, that way it will be from an official source, just to make you happy, ok?

OP, if you would have said, in your description, that this was fake, just for laugh it would have been even funnier but the fact that you posted it as real and some one outed you, don't get mad and try to make it seem like it was a joke to make people laugh. It's funny, but it is not as funny when it is a lie.
And I mean no disrespect to you. Don't let your pride take over and just admit you didn't do the proper research, edit it your post and, if you want, mention at the bottom that this is fake and we all have a laugh about it. I'm pretty sure that some people would not read that disclosure and would take this as facts, just like it happened on that post about FAKE UFOs.

Cheers!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I think the gold is at about 1:08 but the whole thing is worth a watch (the documentary is great!). This is senator Mark Pryor.

In case my embedding didn't work: One of our Overlords.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Zoodie because: (no reason given)

....crap...it didn't work and I don't know what I did wrong.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Zoodie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

I just pasted this in an email and sent it to everyone i know! Thanks. It's funny and then it's not. I wish we could just fire all of the politicians and start from scratch.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Here are verifiable stupid things U.S. political officials and candidates, or potential candidates have said:

When arguing against the Star Wars initiative, Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle had this to say:

“This isn’t rocket science here...Yes, it is rocket science, now that I think about it.”

www.nationalreview.com...

Elizabeth Dole in a speech to the Chamber of Commerce:

Only one thing would be worse than the status quo. And that would be for the status quo to become the norm.

articles.latimes.com...

U.S.Representative from Arkansas, Jay Dickey, while still a candidate, had this to say regarding incest:

I think incest can be handled as a family matter within the family

www.chicagoreader.com...

Alaska Gov. Walter Hickel:

You can’t just let nature run wild

www.nytimes.com...

While still a candidate for Governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger said:

I think that gay marriage should be between a man and a woman.

www.brainyquote.com...

Just a few examples of the very real stupid things U.S. politico's have said.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join