It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10

Originally posted by cronotrigger30
reply to post by 0ne10

pretty convenient. so with your logic if we do see things its not planes right?

Uh no? If you see things they are probably private aircraft, not commercial.

What is convenient? That there is storm clouds over New York and airliners don't like to fly through clouds?
edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

I can already see it now. When tomorrow comes and we still don't see these light patterns you debunkers will either claim they were "private air planes" or that the flight patterns changed overnight. By the way are private aircraft even allowed over NYC, especially this low?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor
reply to post by Human_Alien

Hmmm, now I beg to differ. Evacuated was most CERTAINLY mentioned.

Yes, evacuation was most certainly mentioned - BUT NOT AT OR EVEN NEAR AN AIRPORT!!

You have GOT to be a shill.
This is not for this person edification but for those who did not read this (there again, who knows if this is real too, right?) I provide the story and link:

N.Y. Airport Facility Evacuated After Gas Smell
Updated: Wednesday, 13 Oct 2010, 9:36 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 13 Oct 2010, 9:36 PM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) - Authorities say the radar facility on Long Island that handles all arrivals and departures for New York City's three major airports was briefly evacuated after the smell of gas was reported.
www.myfoxny.com...

And for Rich England (who looks like he's been reprimanded to so-many posts per page now. Good!)
I am NOT ruling out balloons (I do believe they ARE part of this very complex confusing day) but I am most certainly ruling out 12 friggin balloon that 'got away' that caused 12 hours of confusion in Manhattan. Call me unyielding I s'pose.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
AND not to be rude but i can see it now there arent as many planes so it had to be ufo's come on man answer the question i put up a bit ago there are no planes right now... where are the little guys at?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Im gonna post this again.

Go to 13:50 on this video and watch for about 15 seconds.

www.youtube.com...

Now look at the current NOAA radar for the USA.

radar.weather.gov...

Its been like this since 2pm yesterday......
edit on 14-10-2010 by pmckart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

I too am still here, shall I continue where I left off?

I am honestly torn between exposing and seeking.

I would be much more interested in intelligent dialect regarding an unknown.

For example, just work with me for a minute. Lets just say for the moment that they were not your intrepid balloons but really an unknown.

What I am most seeking is what were they doing? Seriously, wouldn't a more interesting debate be why would an intelligent species come all the way to earth to show a UFO Drunk Driving Display?

Instead we are lambasted with - - NO - FU, Your An Idiot. They are balloons and your stupid...BLAH BLAH BLAH

It has become rather stale.

t

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor

Hmmm, now I beg to differ. Evacuated was most CERTAINLY mentioned.

Yes, evacuation was most certainly mentioned - BUT NOT AT OR EVEN NEAR AN AIRPORT!!

I apologize, I misread what you wrote. I thought you were saying this had nothing to do with the airports.
You're right. It was a facility. I am sorry. Rich England rattled my cage a little.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I'm glad your still here. Though I felt as if the whole thing degenerated into your average Internet war, it was highly entertaining watching the increasing amount of attacks on both sides. Did yesterday strike a bunch of nerves and knee jerk reactions? I'm not one to jump on a bandwagon, but I'm wondering how things ended up so murky, is there a definitive debunk for everything?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

edit on 14-10-2010 by cronotrigger30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
this is crazy mind u it happened a year ago

edit on 14-10-2010 by cronotrigger30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
For those of you who don't see a connection to the airports being shut down, regardless of the reason or for how long, consider this....

1) How often do airports get closed or evacuated? (google it for yourself and see.. it's rare and usually for extreme reasons)
2) How often do airports have gas leaks? (again, extremely rare)
3) How many gas leaks do you know of that would impact 3 airports? (odds are not going up, are they?)
4) How often is air traffic redirected on a completely clear night?

What are the chances that all 4 of the above could happen in the same day and same area as a mass sighting of an unidentified flying object? How many times have you seen an airport get a gas leak that causes 2 other airports to be effected, and since when does a gas leak have any effect on flight paths and landings of planes on a completely clear night? You must have enough common sense and reason to see that the odds of this being coincidental are almost too high to calculate?

Something was spotted in the skies over NYC... something also happened at the airports in the area.... These are both indisputable facts, and I believe very important ones yet they aren't being discussed together.

~Namaste

OK..one last time.......

1) Airports are rarely if ever closed or evacuated, and nothing of the sort happened last night.

2) Airports (and radar control centers) are no more or less prone to gas leaks than any other commercial structure.

3) The gas leak in question effected all the airports in the area (not just the "big 3") to a greater or lesser degree depending on the traffic density at each airport.

4) Actually, air traffic is rerouted routinely no matter what the weather. The most common reason is a change of wind direction or in some cases local anti-noise ordinances.

Last nights' gas leak effected the radar control center on Long Island - not even near an airport. The FAA, in the 60's, relocated all radar certers (ARTCC's) to locations outside the assumed nuclear blast radius of the metro areas which they serve (there are, I believe, still 21 radar control centers in the country - I worked at Los Angeles ARTCC which is located in Palmdale, CA about 65 miles from L.A.)

In short the gas leak was coincidental to the other happenings last night and is really a non-issue as far as the UFO story goes.

Can I make this any clearer?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

please explain, you lost me a little. i personally dont think anything out of the ordinary happened so i dont think there's much point in me debating what you're asking, although i certainly would in the right thread.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

can you please explain how a gas leak has effected 3 different airports at the same time

3) The gas leak in question effected all the airports in the area (not just the "big 3") to a greater or lesser degree depending on the traffic density at each airport.

i wounder what gas leak effects multipul places at once
1 would be coincedence
3 would be strange
more would be a one in a hundred event IMHO

xploder
what caused three or more incidents? gas?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I apologize, I misread what you wrote. I thought you were saying this had nothing to do with the airports.
You're right. It was a facility. I am sorry. Rich England rattled my cage a little.

No worries friend - he has that effect on me also...LOL

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I know I'm going to get a lot of crap for this post if it's even read...But I don't even remember his name...Rich-something or other... anyways.... He said that they were balloons...so people called him closed-minded...he then defended himself...and now he is marked as a trouble maker and his comments are looked over!? I have no idea how he acts in other posts..but in this situation he didn't agree with you so you decided that he wasn't worth your time? He wanted to get to the truth as well...and none of you have any idea if what he was saying was true because you were too busy trying to prove him wrong bynot trying to find evidence that could support his ideas and comparing them to the evidence that supports your ideas. You wrote him off because they are clearly not balloons because NO WAY would a new yorker mistake a balloon for a UFO....excuse me..but um...has there been a study on this? I mean is this an absolute fact that a new yorker would not mistake a balloon for something else because they are a new yorker? This thread is pointless... no one proved whether this was UFO's or balloons or a hoax...because everyone was too busy worrying about what another person said. I'm new here...so I feel bad for stepping on so many people's toes so soon...but as a new user...it's nerve wracking for me to post a comment anyways because I don't know anybody so I'm not sure what will offend the forum population or not...BUT NOW..i have to also worry about whether or not someone is going to agree with me...because if they don't I'll be marked as a disinfo agent or a naive tin foil hat wearing kook? Let me correct some of you...the reason why people will not want to join this forum has nothing to do with because so many people believe that the NYC sighting was the Oct. 13th prediction....it's because if they join this forum..no matter what they believe...they'll get put down because of it, without even the benefit of doubt, because no one bothers to be open minded to being wrong. You shouldn't be embarrassed because you are part of ATS and this thread was made...you should be embarrassed because you are part of ATS and turned this thread into a high school cafeteria. Maybe we should stop with the drama and worry about getting to the bottom of this by providing evidence (NOT SPECULATION) and comparing it with the opposing sides evidence. No matter what opinion you had about this situation....it doesn't matter....because neither side went anywhere.

Just saying...
edit on 14-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: typos

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IzzycomesinPeace
I'm sorry, I know I'm going to get a lot of crap for this post if it's even read...But I don't even remember his name...Rich-something or other... anyways.... He said that they were balloons...so people called him closed-minded...he then defended himself...and now he is marked as a trouble maker and his comments are looked over!? I have no idea how he acts in other posts..but in this situation he didn't agree with you so you decided that he wasn't worth your time? He wanted to get to the truth as well...and none of you have any idea if what he was saying was true because you were too busy trying to prove him wrong bynot trying to find evidence that could support his ideas and comparing them to the evidence that supports your ideas. You wrote him off because they are clearly not balloons because NO WAY would a new yorker mistake a balloon for a UFO....excuse me..but um...has there been a study on this? I mean is this an absolute fact that a new yorker would not mistake a balloon for something else because they are a new yorker? This thread is pointless... no one proved whether this was UFO's or balloons or a hoax...because everyone was too busy worrying about what another person said. I'm new here...so I feel bad for stepping on so many people's toes so soon...but as a new user...it's nerve wracking for me to post a comment anyways because I don't know anybody so I'm not sure what will offend the forum population or not...BUT NOW..i have to also worry about whether or not someone is going to agree with me...because if they don't I'll be marked as a disinfo agent or a naive tin foil hat wearing kook? Let me correct some of you...the reason why people will not want to join this forum has nothing to do with because so many people believe that the NYC sighting was the Oct. 13th prediction....it's because if they join this forum..no matter what they believe...they'll get put down because of it, without even the benefit of doubt, because no one bothers to be open minded to being wrong. You shouldn't be embarrassed because you are part of ATS and this thread was made...you should be embarrassed because you are part of ATS and turned this thread into a high school cafeteria. Maybe we should stop with the drama and worry about getting to the bottom of this by providing evidence (NOT SPECULATION) and comparing it with the opposing sides evidence. No matter what opinion you had about this situation....it doesn't matter....because neither side went anywhere.

Just saying...
edit on 14-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: typos

wall of text gets crushifyed

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

One facility (the radar center) had a gas leak. Because the center owns all the airspace above and beyond that which is controlled by an approach control or a tower, anything which affects the center affects all air traffic in the area. In this case, the center went to a skeleton crew configuration (25 controllers stayed on the scopes during the hour long evacuation) and as a result, inbound flights were slowed and/or stacked and outbound flights were delayed on the ground and released as traffic permitted. Everything ws back to normal within one hour..

Does that answer your question?
edit on 14-10-2010 by Tholidor because: spelling error

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by the cynic jester

I'm glad your still here. Though I felt as if the whole thing degenerated into your average Internet war, it was highly entertaining watching the increasing amount of attacks on both sides. Did yesterday strike a bunch of nerves and knee jerk reactions? I'm not one to jump on a bandwagon, but I'm wondering how things ended up so murky, is there a definitive debunk for everything?

not really sure what you're getting at, but anyway, no there's not a definitive debunk for everything because nobody has a time machine to actually physically go back and get absolute proof on any incident including this one, so i personally do as much reading as i can to try and figure out what happened and what is the most reasonable and logical explanation although every now and then there's something extremely difficult to explain (not including this imho) like the nellis afb ufo, which is a great case that stands up to a certain amount of scrutiny.

also you say this like im just here to debunk things which is not the case at all, i want proof as much as the next person but i just aren't in the habit of making the unexplained to glf timewarp anti gravity space alien from mars leap of faith, i just seek truth and proof and was an avid ufo magazine reader until graham birdsall died r.i.p.

and as for yesterday, i and many others just started out having a bit of fun, but people took offence to their "religion" being slightly mocked and started being a bit silly and then trying to tell me when and where i can post, sorry but i dont get told by anyone except moderators and admin what to do on here. and certainly not by someone just because i happen to disagree with them, ive also received a fair amount of abusive private messages but just water off my back...

but back to topic, balloons, planes ! lol

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
Posted this on the rajaten Summary thread, thought I'd post it here too:

The eyewitness reports from New Yorkers are varied and some say emphatically they were NOT balloons. I don't know what they saw, but here is a quote from page 24 of the related mega 85+ page thread:

"I saw many of these white objects together with ohter passer bys at 17th Street & Park Avenue at the NE corner of Union Square. I am a teacher at at nearby high school and not a UFO freak, and never expected to see what I saw today. It was part fascinating, worrysome and scary.
I ran into the school after a while and took pictures with my Canon EOS. I caught 2 of the objects. But here is the strange thing. I saw at sparkly white with my eyes, but on the photos they all appear dark.

I went into max resolution in my iPhoto and something amazing happens. in the same frame in which my eyes from the ground were only able to see two of the objects my camera caught about 10 more in the same frame that were not visible with my eyes. If this is representative of what really happened today, there were not 50 over the sky of manhattan but 500 or even more.

How can I post my pictures. I just signed up with this site to add my sightings of today. "

End Quote

What caught my interest is that this eye witness said the objects changed color after photographing them and that there were more of them. I took his/her image and enhanced it a bit and came up with this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59ce6c7cbe5a.jpg[/atsimg]

As some of you know, some UFOs aren't visible to the naked eye but do show up in say infrared. I was surprised to see over a dozen or more black orbs when only 2 were visible to the naked eye and they were white by the way to the naked eye, not yellow. Is there something unique to a Canon EOS's spectrum range and iPhoto that would account for this? Note also that the additional orbs aren't just reflections of existing ones. I can't explain it, maybe some photo camera buffs can? But there may have been many more objects that were just seen by human eyes.

No one really addresses this picture and claims???

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join