It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

like you just did? another thinly veiled attack. well ive got news for you, im not going anywhere, simple as that

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by headb

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll def look it up on google! I understand completely why you would respect the eye witness accounts. But didn't rich have a theory about a 4chan hoax? Has anyone looked into this for themselves yet? I think maybe we should point out some of the theories and see which we can debunk...and maybe start analyzing? I do think we should still have some new yorkers try the yellow balloon experiment just to see where that takes us. We need a starting point now that we have theories. I think this is important because we all have strong feelings about whether this is all true or not...if we start debunking theories or proving theories right...we can validate our feelings. But this is a suggestion it's really up to all of us as to where we want to take this.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IzzycomesinPeace
This might sound silly...but let me know what you think..... Has anybody mentioned doing an experiment to try and maybe add or debunk the balloon theory? Because I know some of the claims are that the balloons couldn't be possible because you wouldn't be able to see them as high up as they were. Maybe we should try and get a cluster of yellow balloons and release them...take pics...and try and figure out how high they can go before they aren't visible. There will probably be some issues with it...But maybe we could get an idea whether the balloon theory is plausible or not... what do you guys think?
edit on 14-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: wow...always the typos.

The thing is, even though it could have been balloons (i doubt that entirely) but these said-balloons would have to be released through out the entire day and night....from different locations, in different shapes, colors and different group settings.

There's no way to know an accurate configuration of what would be needed to reenact this event(s), Plus, we'd have to have three airports stop all their flights to recreate the exact same sky-setting at 6PM

But I would love to see a dozen accidentally released school- balloons go up anyway just to see the 'frenzy' it would cause. And....I'd expect it to make it on the 10 o'clock news that evening too. So maybe that's a good idea after all.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Oh no.... I probably didn't think before I posted my rant. I hope I didn't rekindle a fight. Rich, lets look into some of the theories you have... I know you had 2, right? Balloons... and a 4chan hoax? were there any others we can maybe think about?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

lol!!! Could you imagine? We'd set off balloons and another thread would be made. "Another sighting in New York"...i'm pretty sure everyone here would be thinking...."Here we go again..."

Just a thought though... You don't think maybe if we did do this it couldn't give us an idea? Sorry I'm a little behind..but was it confirmed that the airports were shut down at the exact same time as the sightings?
edit on 14-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: another thought

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IzzycomesinPeace

We will wait until this Simon guy is on tonight on coast to coast, we will see what he thinks about yesterday events.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

wow, will you lot just give it a rest, i haven't said a word to anyone since i came back on yet ive been attacked about 4 times, JUST GET OVER IT OR IGNORE ME

Typical, Slight of Hand.

Nice, I take the time to request some information and you redirect that because you have been called it is an attack?

Why wont you answer my questions? Why are you not interested in continuing the discussion outside of your already redundant postings?

Since you have "come back" what have you added to further the discussion?

What is your Primary Objective?

Pray-Tell,

t

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

this country is in serious trouble and really should have everyone Baker Acted immediately because we're a bunch of dangerous imbeciles!!

much can be said about the US for various reasons, but hahaha, thats a bit much surely!! hahaha

Im an aussie, the best laugh I ever had was with two elderly US tourists who asked about the jellyfish.

"They got a bit of nasty sting don't they?" they asked me in passing..

"Only a bit, don't notice it.." I replied..

they stopped and looked at me like I was deranged, these were HUGE jellyfish in the swan river.

it was years later I learned how dangerous the critters in aus are, and how the folk from the US are wary....

ahh to be 18 again...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IzzycomesinPeace
reply to post by headb

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll def look it up on google! I understand completely why you would respect the eye witness accounts. But didn't rich have a theory about a 4chan hoax? Has anyone looked into this for themselves yet? I think maybe we should point out some of the theories and see which we can debunk...and maybe start analyzing? I do think we should still have some new yorkers try the yellow balloon experiment just to see where that takes us. We need a starting point now that we have theories. I think this is important because we all have strong feelings about whether this is all true or not...if we start debunking theories or proving theories right...we can validate our feelings. But this is a suggestion it's really up to all of us as to where we want to take this.

i do know 4chan was involved, i already have some slight evidence and may have more at a later stage, but their involvement wasn't with the balloons or planes, it was more to do with actually creating a ufo flap and a few things to do with videos and maybe pictures, its impossible to prove it all because most of their "adventures" are posted on places that i cannot access.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

oh dear, i get called a troll yet 4 people keep trying to provoke me.... pot, kettle, black

Asking questions equals provocation?

How is that the pot calling the kettle black?

Again, please show your proof, evidence or whatever that the New York occurrence of 10/13/10 was balloons and nothing else.

Substance,

t

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Alright, I think it would still be a good idea to maybe look into it ourselves..but you're right! Lol, I'm just way to excited for this...I feel like a detective. I'm ready to just jump right into it and go go go!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Sorry guys I'm on an iPhone and it turned someone into Simone hahaha. My mistake. Someone will be on tonight talking about it.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
There's no proof that 4chan hoaxed this. Usually they like to brag on their exploits, as they have always done so in the past.

I'm thinking that the silver balloons video with the kids was made up. Balloons do not sit and hover in the sky. Until someone can present some sort of scientific explanation for how balloons would do so, I'm keeping an open mind. As far as I am concerned, it's still a UFO = unidentified flying object.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by krs678
reply to post by krs678

its just dropping dark and theres no lights as yet?
www.earthcam.com...

the 13'th has come and gone.... we're safe.

go to sleep.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Yes...but if you have evidence thats a good starting point. They probably did have some involvement but who knows maybe something else went on that just happened to help their hoax? Keep me updated on your 4chan theory though! I am actually interested to see what you get out of it.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by headb
Was the ignore button removed? I have a feeling some posts are just up here to distract members from reasonable discussion.

It is highly disruptive behavior. I'm sure some people are upset. Don't mind me professional debunkers, for I am a real professional - engineer and CEO. SO after this, I wont have time to read any bashing.

Hehehe. Good day folks!

(sigh) Yes it was.

And to the person who asked to give someone a break. I think many of us here are quite level headed and display a reasonable amount of tolerance and patience but when you have that 'kid' (like a class-room punk) who goes around only to annoy others....well, it gets to the best of us after a while.

One of the first rules (and it shouldn't even be a rule. It should be humane) and that is; try to compliment, encourage or say something positive to a previous poster instead of acting like an elementary school yard bully. And CLEARLY, someone on this thread is the epitome of this bully.

So......that's okay. You can give that person the benefit because I've already given that person the doubt!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Im serious - im a new yorker for 17 years - lived in queens, murray hill, teaneck , nj - a long time in the upper west side and now im upper east - I would totally get together with people if they wanted to take some time during a day and do this - - maybe its ridiculous , maybe not.

It really does seem ludicrous that a bunch of balloons would stick together and be seen at a high altitude but you never know - if some of our balloons stuck together or made some weird formations then Id feel better about saying that it was possible - if they just scattered and disappeared I think the foolishness of this theory would be felt.

Either way it would be sort of insanely funny - something you would see in a micheal moore documentary

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

it was an attack in places, and ive already posted plenty and with links and stuff, but most of it just got ignored because it doesn't fit peoples belief systems!.

you are more than welcome to look through all my posts.

i am currently gathering information and hopefully will do a thread with all my conclusions but im trying to get some evidence on something which is extremely difficult for reasons i dont want to discuss.

but again, all my posts are available to read at any time and ive already answered everything you've asked at some point.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
@ humanalien

understood

Im do a lot of sports writing online (NOT BLOGGING) and I use different sources to get my info and sometimes I get caught up in the msg boards and the amount of vicious and somewhat retarded attacks on other members is incredible. Especially if something is not understood (happens a lot with sports fans) its an immediate attack. And it gets very hard not to counter attack.

I just think there's more intelligence on this site and its easier to relate to the members here. I would have been attacked for even suggesting peace on some of those sports sites! haha

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot

oh dear, i get called a troll yet 4 people keep trying to provoke me.... pot, kettle, black

Asking questions equals provocation?

How is that the pot calling the kettle black?

Again, please show your proof, evidence or whatever that the New York occurrence of 10/13/10 was balloons and nothing else.

Substance,

t

that comment was mainly aimed at the last person that called me troll, which wasn't you

new topics

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join