It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by the cynic jester
Nothing is making sense in this story anymore. The balloon explanation is as full of holes as the ET prediction...nothing was accomplished as far as I can tell. It does seem highly suspect that all these things happened coincidentally, considering for over 24 hours the news played Chilean miner rescue footage. Not one blip on the radar about things flying over NYC? What is the angle here? Let's stop looking at this from an is it real or not point of view. Let's start over from the beginning and look at what was ignored, there must be something we're missing because none of the "explanations" actually explain why this happened.

Where do we start?

The "China Village Disappearing" was just making news on here and then the Chilean miner rescue was making MSM news?
Was Obama doing anything unusual? Wait, let me rephrase, suspicious?

This absolutely feels like a 3-Card Monte trick. We're all looking over here---------> when we probably should be lookin' over there

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You've got to love a good old mass-distraction.

I really wish just once in my life before I die that I could see something in the sky that I could honestly say was a UFO... I watch, a lot more than most people because I drive a lot at night, and I have seen a lot, ever get to sit on a summit at an elevation above 11,000 feet and stare into a clear night sky for hours?

I've seen satellites, the ISS, the planets and more, all with the naked eye.... I've seen meteors and meteorites some exploding into shades of blue, red and green, I have seen a lot, but never a UFO.

Maybe I'm missing something, maybe you have to really, really believe in them first?

Nice thread.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cronotrigger30
reply to post by 0ne10

pretty convenient. so with your logic if we do see things its not planes right?

Uh no? If you see things they are probably private aircraft, not commercial.

What is convenient? That there is storm clouds over New York and airliners don't like to fly through clouds?
edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I had the privilege of seeing 4 flying objects that I couldn't identify. True UFO's in my book. That is why I love UFO sightings. I can't wait to see something I can't identify again... This is why I love UFO topics. I just want to know who is flying it, and how the object flies... I am a helicopter fanatic, and love all things that fly.

What I hate is when people show me pictures of balloons, aircraft lights, satellites, insects, birds, etc.... and try to tell me they are UFOs! It's getting extremely annoying. I get all excited when I read a new UFO topic, only to find out its another picture of balloons and RC toys and commercial jets....

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I wonder what happened to rich England? Is this a case of the lady doth protest too much? I mean it was really compelling how vehemently he attacked everyone elses p.o.v.

Otherwise I'm still unsure, where is MMN his opinion seems pretty balanced and outlook but I'm sure it's a balloon or led kite

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

I thought you said at 4:32pm that you were done with this topic.

So, do not believe you when you state that you will do something but DO believe you when with just your word that they were balloons.

I logged off before your 4:32pm posting and went to the store, meet my grrlfriend at the local pub, had a couple, came home and cooked dinner for her, rolled around a while and just now sat down to enjoy a beer and see if this thread is still being blasted by the sidewinder RICH-ENGLAND and Uberdouche One10 only to see your not a person of your word.

At least the beer is good.

I do not know what you are trying to accomplish but just remember these words when it is darkest during times that are not during the dawn --The truth can set you free from that prison which is your mind.

Out,

t

Quando omni flunkus moritatus

“The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.” - Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If they were just airplanes last night, as the debunkers claim, then why aren't we seeing them again tonight?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
reply to post by jasmine23

www.wunderground.com...

There is a 100% chance of rain over Manhattan. There are large rain clouds currently over head, and chance of thunderstorms. The airliners are probably being told to fly above the clouds/storm, so you don't see any.

Great excuse. So I'm presuming then we will see these "airplanes" tomorrow night, right?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by obzerv

we're in the throes of a nor easter. it's been raining since around 5 or 6 PM and won't stop until saturday morning. you won't see much of anything for a few days

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Found it boys and girls

UFO? NYC kids say no, mysterious floating orbs were escaped balloons from teacher's engagement party

www.nydailynews.com...

Are you insulted yet??????

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

no that u said that we would see them tonight... person who is very abrasive.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
New york is under current flight delays,

travel.flightexplorer.com... shows all traffic in and out as well as ground delay 30 minutes

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Im gonna play devils advocate here... since we know there are no planes in the sky right now because of weather... YOU TELL ME WHY THERE IS NOT ANY UFO's flying around! we dont see them like we did last night and we couldnt really debunk aircraft so now we take them out of the equation and wham the ufo's r gone debunked if you ask me
edit on 14-10-2010 by rushunt because: hit enter too soon

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
reply to post by 0ne10

When I said reaching, I wasn't referring to the video...

Then what were you referring to exactly? Show me my errors.

I've been seeing post after post from you trying to knock what anyone else says and as soon as someone buries your rebuttal with any kind of facts, you move on to the next attempt to poke holes in other people's side of the debate or want to argue over things that are irrelevant to what people DID see.

WHAT FACTS??? Show me facts... I haven't seen any!

All I've been seeing is believer after believer knocking down any and every explanation and information that is brought forward. It's a never ending denial from your side.

Nobody is talking about the plane and calling it a UFO, at least not the one you are making claims about.

That is why I asked a simple question... why did they show a video of an aircraft turning and flying away when talking about balloons? It was a simple question, and you told me I am reaching....

What is your point? You have nothing but denial.

I, as I'm sure others on this thread, feel like you are reaching to debunk this in any way you can. It is as of today, still unidentified! Stop arguing over semantics and get into the heart of the debate if you want to be taken seriously, which you consistently complain that what you are saying isn't being taken as such.

What the heck are you talking about... not only did I provide very good video of jet lights flying at night that look exactly similar to the night lights over manhattan, but I also found images of balloons, resized them, and pasted them next to a cluster of balloons someone said was a UFO and showed how they look similar, AND I brought forward reason and logic explaining why people mistakenly confused balloons for ufos.... and you have the freaking nerve to tell me to get into the heart of the debate... and I'm reaching????

I even did calulations and estimations of the speed of the lights! Full with illustrations and all... what has anyone else done? NOTHING

What have you done? Nothing but deny... and tell people they are reaching..

There is no words for your level of ignorance.
edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

All you did just now was prove my point.

You are attacking semantics of the debate rather than the facts that have been presented. Everything you just said was about my comments and not about the topic at hand.

Your "reason and logic" are your opinion and perception on things, including your rendered pictures. It doesn't take "rocket science" to use photoshop on a computer or even an iPhone to resize photos and change the colors on them to compare and make them look similar.

You completely avoided the contrasted image that shows several objects that were unseen to the eye and were taken by someone who claims to be an eye witness to the event.

I've seen you throw your ideas and claims on this thread as absolutes with no room for argument, and yet there are others who come armed with facts and disprove a lot of what you are saying.

You are making an effort to put your points on the table, but imho, in the wrong ways and as a result, you are drawing the wrong kind of attention.

My level of ignorance? Wow, that's funny... I like to think I'm informed, but by your standards I guess not. Could it be possible that my level of ignorance is at the same level as your arrogance? Maybe you should save your ego for another debate.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by the cynic jester
I wonder what happened to rich England? Is this a case of the lady doth protest too much? I mean it was really compelling how vehemently he attacked everyone elses p.o.v.

Otherwise I'm still unsure, where is MMN his opinion seems pretty balanced and outlook but I'm sure it's a balloon or led kite

oh im here, just busy at the moment working on something. and just for your information, it was me mostly getting attacked and getting told not to post by people that offered nothing and still dont.

nice to see a bit of confirmation that jason diamonds picture was fake though! something else i got attacked for, another point proved.....

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Twelve balloons are the culprit!
So glad we can finally put this baby to rest now so......keep the line movin please. Nothing to see here.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

you're not suggesting a mundane explanation are you? i thought balloons was impossible.

wonder if you'll get attacked or tell yourself to stop posting?.

oh well, bit busy at mo so ill catch up with you all later.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Hmmm, now I beg to differ. Evacuated was most CERTAINLY mentioned.

Yes, evacuation was most certainly mentioned - BUT NOT AT OR EVEN NEAR AN AIRPORT!!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Twelve balloons are the culprit!
So glad we can finally put this baby to rest now so......keep the line movin please. Nothing to see here.

lol people l believing little kids, I got a question why they did come out now?

I think this meant to disscount the sightings of the ufo, not to mention another news report showed it wasn't there balloons.

Besides they have no proof to prove there own claim.

You can tell in the video the kids (Teenagers) are laughing about it makes me think as if there local media gave them a good bound of money just to make up a story to cover it up.

Remember what past CNN anchors used to say?

(We dont make up the news)

Smiles, faces laughs can tell you everything if you know how to look for a little lie or truth.

edit on 14-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
i actually have a few pics i took this morning off the same area and the lights have formations.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join