It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
To mr England. I think you made rational statements and well thought out points . I aplaud you for rational thinking.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

are you implying there is no back up radar system for the area
or was that evacuated too?
so the radars are a chain and the main radar went down what about the local radars at the local airports themselfs?

sort of interesting timing dont ya think?

tin foil hat on
they removed the civilians from the towers so would that stop the remote airports from receiving radar signals from the system?

xploder

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cronotrigger30

Originally posted by IzzycomesinPeace
I'm sorry, I know I'm going to get a lot of crap for this post if it's even read...But I don't even remember his name...Rich-something or other... anyways.... He said that they were balloons...so people called him closed-minded...he then defended himself...and now he is marked as a trouble maker and his comments are looked over!? I have no idea how he acts in other posts..but in this situation he didn't agree with you so you decided that he wasn't worth your time? He wanted to get to the truth as well...and none of you have any idea if what he was saying was true because you were too busy trying to prove him wrong bynot trying to find evidence that could support his ideas and comparing them to the evidence that supports your ideas. You wrote him off because they are clearly not balloons because NO WAY would a new yorker mistake a balloon for a UFO....excuse me..but um...has there been a study on this? I mean is this an absolute fact that a new yorker would not mistake a balloon for something else because they are a new yorker? This thread is pointless... no one proved whether this was UFO's or balloons or a hoax...because everyone was too busy worrying about what another person said. I'm new here...so I feel bad for stepping on so many people's toes so soon...but as a new user...it's nerve wracking for me to post a comment anyways because I don't know anybody so I'm not sure what will offend the forum population or not...BUT NOW..i have to also worry about whether or not someone is going to agree with me...because if they don't I'll be marked as a disinfo agent or a naive tin foil hat wearing kook? Let me correct some of you...the reason why people will not want to join this forum has nothing to do with because so many people believe that the NYC sighting was the Oct. 13th prediction....it's because if they join this forum..no matter what they believe...they'll get put down because of it, without even the benefit of doubt, because no one bothers to be open minded to being wrong. You shouldn't be embarrassed because you are part of ATS and this thread was made...you should be embarrassed because you are part of ATS and turned this thread into a high school cafeteria. Maybe we should stop with the drama and worry about getting to the bottom of this by providing evidence (NOT SPECULATION) and comparing it with the opposing sides evidence. No matter what opinion you had about this situation....it doesn't matter....because neither side went anywhere.

Just saying...
edit on 14-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: typos

wall of text gets crushifyed

Your right on one aspect -- No One Read This!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Who said anything about no radar? Ok Here we go. From what I understand there is a tower at each airport And each one of them communicates with the center. They each have radar and ability to run if the other goes out. I was listening to lagordia most of the night. They were still running but everything was delayed hd etc. The gas leak was at the main center. They even had a skeleton crew at the main center..

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

You speak the sad, sad truth my friend =(

I'm supposed have another line here right?

OH THOUGHT! Maybe it's good no one read it...I got my frustration out and I don't have deal with any type of backlash because of it. I think I just got my cake and ate it too. Score! =)

edit on 14-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: had a thought

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Please! The radar center is one building - and guess what? The actual radar equipment isn't near the building! Of course there are backup systems, but nobody "left the towers" and radar operations were not interrupted. Due to the apparent gas leak, all but 25 people were evacuated from this ONE building. A typical radar Center operates with just about this number of personnel on every midnight watch, so all they really did was to combine the sectors of responsibility down to where 25 people could operate the facility (granted at a slower rate than normal) and continued doing their jobs during the hour when the rest of the people were standing around outside laughing at the poor schmucks that got tapped to stay and work...LOL

I really hope this puts the whole gas leak question to rest.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by antibren

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
Posted this on the rajaten Summary thread, thought I'd post it here too:

The eyewitness reports from New Yorkers are varied and some say emphatically they were NOT balloons. I don't know what they saw, but here is a quote from page 24 of the related mega 85+ page thread:

"I saw many of these white objects together with ohter passer bys at 17th Street & Park Avenue at the NE corner of Union Square. I am a teacher at at nearby high school and not a UFO freak, and never expected to see what I saw today. It was part fascinating, worrysome and scary.
I ran into the school after a while and took pictures with my Canon EOS. I caught 2 of the objects. But here is the strange thing. I saw at sparkly white with my eyes, but on the photos they all appear dark.

I went into max resolution in my iPhoto and something amazing happens. in the same frame in which my eyes from the ground were only able to see two of the objects my camera caught about 10 more in the same frame that were not visible with my eyes. If this is representative of what really happened today, there were not 50 over the sky of manhattan but 500 or even more.

How can I post my pictures. I just signed up with this site to add my sightings of today. "

End Quote

What caught my interest is that this eye witness said the objects changed color after photographing them and that there were more of them. I took his/her image and enhanced it a bit and came up with this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59ce6c7cbe5a.jpg[/atsimg]

As some of you know, some UFOs aren't visible to the naked eye but do show up in say infrared. I was surprised to see over a dozen or more black orbs when only 2 were visible to the naked eye and they were white by the way to the naked eye, not yellow. Is there something unique to a Canon EOS's spectrum range and iPhoto that would account for this? Note also that the additional orbs aren't just reflections of existing ones. I can't explain it, maybe some photo camera buffs can? But there may have been many more objects that were just seen by human eyes.

No one really addresses this picture and claims???

ill attempt that but ill probably get flamed!.

in my opinion all the balloons in that picture are at different distances to the camera, the ones furthest from the lens are harder to see in normal colour because at that distance they start to blend in with the clouds and sunlight, but when the colour of the picture is altered then the furthest away balloons became more visible, they were always there but just hard to see but the camera still captured their shape, watch these videos extremely carefully to see what balloons start to look like at distance, it gets extremely hard to determine colour difference between them and they start to look white at extreme distance.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wouldnt it be impossible to see balloons from such a distance unless they were either 100 ft across or there were 100s of 1000s of them clustered together?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by obzerv
I can already see it now. When tomorrow comes and we still don't see these light patterns you debunkers will either claim they were "private air planes" or that the flight patterns changed overnight. By the way are private aircraft even allowed over NYC, especially this low?

Ive noticed in a number of threads you keep posting the gif, and using one word descriptions like 'Balloons?' etc...

The thing is, will you admit your wrong if tomorrow night there are our 'planes' back?... or should I say a night when the environmental conditions are good enough that there can be no real doubt.

Its dangerous setting yourself up for a fall by being snarky and condescending, when it could easily bite you in your own behind if you turn out to be wrong. Most of us gave our opinions nothing more or less really, which for alot of us was 'These are planes'... if they aren't planes im sure most of us who said they where will apologize and admit we where wrong. I hope you do like wise... but somehow I believe you wont given your conduct and attitude.

Also who says they where that low?, distance with no ability to gauge ground references at night properly could mean those lights' where alot higher above the city that they appeared to be. A light held at 100 feet at night from 1km away observed at say 50 feet on a flat plain will look lower if held at 100feet at a distance of 2km, at the same observers height of 50 feet.
edit on 14-10-2010 by BigfootNZ because: qoute stuffery

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

So skeptics still say it was a group of balloons?

well then we will see and wait until we got another UFO report

What then skeptics balloons, weather balloons? or maybe lanterns

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilygotsilly
Wouldnt it be impossible to see balloons from such a distance unless they were either 100 ft across or there were 100s of 1000s of them clustered together?

no, watch a few balloons videos, and it would also depend on camera zoom and many other things.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
no i mean with the naked eye - i mean at such a distance its just logical a normal sized balloon couldnt be seen anymore. so then there would have to be more than a few. and from the videos it looks like mighty big balloons unless we are talking from a small distance away in which case there would have been no onlookers because they would have immediately tagged them as balloons

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

So skeptics still say it was a group of balloons?

well then we will see and wait until we got another UFO report

What then skeptics balloons, weather balloons? or maybe lanterns

here we go again, didn't take long did it, i haven't said a word to anyone but already had two people trying to have a go.. yet im public enemy!

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

rich this is off topic but wasent there a cartoon that had like that monkey king guy in it.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilygotsilly
no i mean with the naked eye - i mean at such a distance its just logical a normal sized balloon couldnt be seen anymore. so then there would have to be more than a few. and from the videos it looks like mighty big balloons unless we are talking from a small distance away in which case there would have been no onlookers because they would have immediately tagged them as balloons

you can see them pretty far, i actually watched some after my uncles funeral two weeks ago.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Look at your pathetic post...

Not only did I take my time to make several very convincing comparisons, but I also went out of my way to take video for comparison of a totally different event, and I also explained several possibilities for the mindset of the witnesses and how they could have confused balloons with UFOs....

...and what are you doing? Just read your post... all YOU are doing is arguing about what I am doing!

That is completely pathetic.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Wait, So are we 100% sure they aren't balloons? There is evidence that they are def. not balloons? I'll go back through the thread and catch myself up on what the verdict was on this theory. I think I'm behind.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
No were never gonna be 100% anything unless you were flying under the baloons /UFOs hanging in a own chair with a pellet gun

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cronotrigger30

rich this is off topic but wasent there a cartoon that had like that monkey king guy in it.

monkey aka sun wukong aka king monkey aka the monkey king originated in a chinese book called journey to the west written in 600bc. the monkey in my avatar is from 70s japanese tv show monkey aka monkey magic, there's been numerous japanese and chinese versions and two recent movies one called monkey magic the movie and one named the forbidden kingdom, there has also been cartoon versions including the one by damon albarns band the gorrillaz which was also the mascot for the china olympics.

thanks

rich

new topics

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join