It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNESCO Team In Route to Assess Newly Discovered Pyramids in the Dominican Rep.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
These are excerpts from a google translation:

IMBERT. PUERTO PLATA . Hugo González Suero, located in the community of La Guaita, of this county, is about to discover one of the most important findings in native human settlement...

To the discoverer of this possible Indian settlement of great historical value, these ruins pyramids were apparently set by human hands in this community, located southeast of the town.

To leave no doubt of what was found, Gonzalez Suero has certified documents of witnesses, among them, one signed by the engineer Hector Suero, which establish the authenticity of which could be an ensemble of Indian ruins as large as which are located in Mexico and Guatemala.

Suero Gonzalez revealed that this discovery was made on September 2, around 3:30 pm, while conducting research to establish the Guaita, "the laboratory of sunlight."

He explained that he spoke about it over the phone with an official of the Museum of Dominican Man, Santo Domingo, whom he knows only as Dr. Ulloa, of Cuban origin, who reported what he found.

It goes on to say that a UNESCO team has been dispatched to assess and document the findings.

It will be curious to see how old they are able to date the ruins back. I can't say I recall any reports of pyramids being found by the Spanish that landed on the islands in the times before Columbus. There were reports of fights and betrayal, and mass executions of the natives, but no pyramids.

Very, very curious!

www.hoy.com.do...
edit on Wed Oct 13th 2010 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Awesome
!

These are the type of threads I love to read.

So I thank you, for giving me that 'Awe' that my brain fiends for daily
Really, thank you for your contributions you've made.

edit on 13-10-2010 by Oozii because: -

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Welcome!

Man, can you imagine what they'll find when they start unearthing this thing? This is so cool. Puerto Plata is on the north side of the island, and is mostly a tourist trap these days- has been for quite some time.

The early explorers landed on the southeast side of the island. And that's a pretty darn good ways. These pyramids have got to be way old!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Most definitely.

With this being a new finding, the possibilities of what could be found are endless. And the doors it will open to new theories, and not to mention conspiracies will be interesting.

Pyramids, whether from the Egyptians, or Mayans, all had a significant meaning, this one is bound to have one as well. I am eager to find out what will be found and said.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

And you know what's really cool, is that if there is one or two, there may well be more, on different parts of the island! You want to see a bunch of Dominicans go nuts trying to find pyramids all over the place?

Just watch, once news of this gets out!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Not to be confused with recently built pyramids in Valle Nuevo, Constanza (Dom.Rep.)

www.zimbio.com...

These are eons older and buried!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

That would be the find of the century. I wonder if more pyramids are found in the area, if they too will have some sort of astrological placement.

Also, I found this bit of information

The source speculated the finds could change the way history is told today. According to Hoy, the "find" is a pyramid structure similar to those in Tikal in Guatemala or Tulum in the Mayan Riviera. The news source refused to give a precise location of the structure, revealing only that it was in the Puerto Plata province. No date was given for the arrival of the Unesco team.

www.drsol.info...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ecb60763c7c9.jpg[/atsimg]

Chichenitza/Tulum
Thats just awesome.

edit on 13-10-2010 by Oozii because: Add Picture

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
A bit more from this source:

In addition to local Taino oral tradition contacts between Mesoamerica and the Caribbean have been sporadically documented over the years. In his journal Columbus identified a group of Maya traveling from the Yucatan to the Caribbean islands by canoe. Recent archeological finds in Cuba have also confirmed some trade interaction. Several anthropologists and linguists have also noted some Mesoamerican influence in Taino culture and language.

Roger Guayacan Hernandez, a representative of the United Confederation of Taino People in Boriken (Puerto Rico) states that “we have heard about some mound type structures from a few elders here on the island. They say that many of these were destroyed with the building of modern roads. Unfortunately, we have not been able to physically verify these claims so it will be interesting to see what the find in Kiskeia is really about.”

Reports from internet archeology groups indicate that an archeology reporter, Mairobi Herrera from the newspaper Listin Diario will follow-up on this story. According to these sources Herrera has so far contacted Dominican archeologist Adolfo Lopez to investigate the claim and he has pledged to provide an update soon.

uctp.blogspot.com...

And another cool pic:

That pic is from here

Yep, that definitely looks like cut rock, alright. Awesome!

Also more:

The United Nations Education, Science and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) will send a team to verify the true nature of what some believe might be pre-Colombian structures located in a rural area of Puerto Plata province. If the structures check out, the archeological site could become a magnet for students and professionals alike, since there are no similar structures on any of the Caribbean islands.
The source speculated the finds could change the way history is told today.

According to Hoy, the "find" is a pyramid structure similar to those in Tikal in Guatemala or Tulum in the Mayan Riviera. The news source refused to give a precise location of the structure, revealing only that it was in the Puerto Plata province. No date was given for the arrival of the Unesco team.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
So I went looking for news in Puerto Plata and it did indeed make the local paper: Crappy google translation:

The Aboriginal most momentous archaeological discovery of all time in the Dominican Republic, could have occurred in a rural community near this city forward that would be the discovery of the ruins of a pyramid and a seat subject to be Indian confirmed by archaeologists who are being contacted by one of the owners of the land where the discovery was made.

The informant, who declined to be identified, said he checked the veracity of the finding, this discovery could change the history of native pre-Columbian times in many ways.

Revealed that the site where the pyramids are supposedly located, is situated in an elevated area that was covered with trees and shrubs for hundreds of years, why was not found before.

He announced the discovery of the alleged ruins occurred by chance on 2 September, when a worker weeding his work performed in the immediate area where he builds a house and a toilet.

"We will bring a surveyor to measure the area and bring archaeologists, geologists and anthropologists to examine the remains of the pyramids and find the indigenous settlement and cemetery.

He explained that this is a huge array of limestone located on a promontory that Aborigines were carving and giving pyramid, which no one had discovered, until God said: "My son, you are going to reward you by allowing you are the discoverer. "

He reported that he called the Department of Seismology of the Universidad Autonoma de Santo Domingo (UASD) and Humberto Garcia asked the geologist to come and 'still to this day I am waiting for your call. "

He also said that also made contact with an official of the Ministry of Environment is a geologist, named Frometa and is awaiting response to test carbon-14 to determine the years of the ruins.

periodicoelfaro.com.do...

another pic:

added pics to OP.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
How freaking cool.

Nice find on these articles. The first time I went to the Dominican Republic, I stayed in a very small village about 20-25 miles south of Santiago. For a couple of days one of the older men from the village took us to the mountains near Pico Duarte for a long hike and the jungle was so dense I can completely believe that huge ruins could go unnoticed for centuries.

I will be very interested in following this story. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Man why did I read about bluebeam bringing back old ancient sites some with physical relics that would be used to JUSTIFY.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Thanks TrueAmerican,

Very interesting.

If these pyramids are of a similar size to the pyramids of Mexico, and they are completely buried, that would imply they are incredibly ancient, not just a thousand years or so, but a lot older wouldn't it?

Either that, or it could point to a cataclysm a couple of thousand years ago, if they do turn out to be contemporary with Mexican ones.

Perhaps a super volcanic eruption buried it in ash and pumice (although this should be obvious from excavated material, or mega tsunami (or a series of them) buried it in layers of silt?

Thanks again, it's got my juices flowing!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
hrmm.. looks like it was toppled in a earthquake.
and after the haiti earthquake I can see something like this happening.
and with hurricanes comming and dropping trees and covering stuff up.
i can see why it's all covered. who knows what else is hidden in the carribean.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I wonder if they ruled out a stone quarry.

such as Macedonia stone, Marble Thassos quarry www.thassosmarble.eu...# and many others look like buildings. Just google stone quarry.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

That's cool man, we should talk sometime. I lived there for many years as a kid, and as a very adventurous lad I have also been places in that country that were extremely dense jungle. I mean so dense that nobody ever went there. You had to hack your way through with a machete, and the going was very slow and tedious. But the payoff was big once you got there.

So yeah, very conceivable this discovery could have gone unreported, but not necessarily unnoticed for all these years. People don't know what the heck they are looking at, and probably just thought it was rocks. At least the owner had the good sense to see more into the rocks than that, or this may have gone unreported for several more generations.

Also, nice to see more replies in this thread. Thanks folks. I'll see if I can follow up at a later date on this, once the team has more info.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
So yeah, very conceivable this discovery could have gone unreported, but not necessarily unnoticed for all these years. People don't know what the heck they are looking at

...yep - like with caral, which was right out there in the open... took a special person to realize what she was REALLY seeing...

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Great comparison!

I wouldn't be surprised if I saw some things like that myself in all my escapades down there. But I was just a kid... It really is an incredibly beautiful place. And incredibly poor.
I've seen poverty. Oh yeah. Like whoa.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
alternate sources posted 2 days after initial report.

tabascohoy.com/noticia.php?id_nota=200376
espanol.upi.com/Curiosidades/2010/10/12/Descubren-pirmides-indgenas-en-Dominicana/UPI-32861286885791/

an update from 17th october. last paragraphs translated with bing

www.listindiario.com.do/la-republica/2010/10/17/162979/Ruinas-reportadas-en-Puerto-Plata-no-son-piramides

However, for architect Christian Martínez, calling these structures "Taino pyramids" is somewhat delicate, since the morphology of the stones presents no resemblance to any known in America pyramid.

"The position of those stones could be fruit of an earthquake, because the fact that they are inclined not to say that they are pyramids", explained Martínez.

"Here was not found any cultural figure to indicate that there was a taíno settlement." In addition, are very large to be loaded by a taíno, who would think of another type of indigenous culture. But there were some other human settlement whether namely with laboratory tests.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Thanks for the update, but that's a horrible translation. Basically the article says that this team that went there agrees that there is some kind of human trace with the building or carrying of these stones, but they don't believe it had anything to do with the presumed ancestry everyone else was saying- because they haven't found any other human artifacts in that area to indicate this.

And also they are not clear that these are pyramids. They are taking samples back to the lab for analysis. The article title says that they are not pyramids, but fails miserably to support this claim in the body text. Whoever wrote this article is clueless. It is very vague.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00ad52fdf571.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is where it's located. Opposite side of the Island of Haiti. Hey conpiracy folk!! So.. HAARP was used to create the earthquake in Haiti. This allowed occupation of the Island before the pyramids were discovered. The pyramids are gonna be part of the lost city of Atlantis. All speculation ( imagination
) of course, but I've browsed ATS almost everyday for soo many years that it just rubs off I guess..

Great find! I love it when things like this are found. I wish I could have been an explorer in like 1200AD when all the ancient alien artifacts were still sitting there ready for the taking. Maybe then I could be TPTB haha.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join