It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul : We Can't Say Cut Spending For Food Stamps But NOT For The Military Industrial Complex!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
So true!

Screw our people, we need more money for wars.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

I agree with half the argument. Stop spending on wars.

But also stop spending on food stamps. Food stamps agencies have too much money when they are ADVERTISING on TELEVISION for people to come sign up.

Too many hand outs for people who don't need them. They are stealing food from the mouths of people who actually do.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I agree, but I also wanted to point out. Did you notice how humble he was when she asked him if we are to expect him as a presidential candidate in 2012?

I am not one for liking politicians but I really do like Ron Paul and have for a very long time. Personally I think he is what the US needs and has needed for a very long time.

I also like how during the entire interview he didn't skip a beat. He knew exactly what to say without a teleprompter or a speech writer and to me that is a very notable quality. The way he portrays himself and his views gives me the idea that he is in fact sincere.
edit on 11-10-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

You know if this was 15 yrs ago I would agree with you.. Today there are so many people out of work that foodstamps become a necessity to feed a family.. Some of the people who go on the prgm dont even want to be on it but are forced to be on it because they have to because there is no work to be found..
Dont give me any crap about they are lazy and cant find a job, this is bs because as a record number of jobs being lost nation wide these people I am sure would rather be working than be collecting foodstamps..

I am not referring to the average leeches of society that suck the system for what they can get.. I am talking about actual people who 3 yrs ago had a job and dont know because the economy is so great(Not my words)..

There was a case here locally about a guy who robbed a bank because he had no idea on how to feed his family.. He had no criminal record no this no that.. He was employed for 10 yrs at a place and because the economy was so great he lost his job, didnt know what to do and robbed a bank..

Foodstamps are good for people in times like this otherwise they would starve to death..

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by Jeanius

I agree with half the argument. Stop spending on wars.

But also stop spending on food stamps. Food stamps agencies have too much money when they are ADVERTISING on TELEVISION for people to come sign up.

Too many hand outs for people who don't need them. They are stealing food from the mouths of people who actually do.

Well, if you watched the clip, you would see Dr. Paul is not defending social service programs. He's pointing out the immense hypocrisy of the Right's condemnation of social programs on grounds of fiscal conservatism, but their support of an incredibly crippling military budget.

nuance. try it.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I did watch the video.

Perhaps you should try to read what im writing before you hastily respond.

It's just more "My team politics" bull crap.
"Spend money on this, not that!

"NO! Spend money on that, not this!"

How about you stop spending MY money on things that don't effect me?

Or better yet, let me keep my money, and ill make my own damned decisions.

We need national defense and we need a FORM of welfare (not the one we have now)

but in typical government fashion, they screwed up both of them.

And in typical pundit fashion, you allowed yourself to be sucked in.
edit on 11-10-2010 by Snarf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Foodstamps are good for people in times like this otherwise they would starve to death..

Thats total horse crap. There are jobs available right now, but in typical American fashion, people refuse to work them because they feel these types of jobs are "beneath them"

Some pompous ass gets laid off of his "toothpick polisher" job at some big law firm making 6 figures a year, and instead of going back to work wherever he can, he avoids any job without the "tooth pick polisher" title and then complains that no jobs are open.

Toothpick polishers are nothing more than corporate fat. And in low economical times, companies trim the fat. You either adapt or you don't.

What you SHOULDNT do it mooch off those who are struggling just to stay afloat themselves just because you're too lazy to go back to work.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

No one in my entire family, on both sides, makes or has made 6 figures. None that I could ever recall. Many are "laid-off", or simply, "dead in the water".

Why don't you go F yourself you arrogant ass.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by justadood

I did watch the video.

Perhaps you should try to read what im writing before you hastily respond.

It's just more "My team politics" bull crap.
"Spend money on this, not that!

"NO! Spend money on that, not this!"

How about you stop spending MY money on things that don't effect me?

Where did I say anything about 'my side'? I merely pointed out the critique being made is about one-sided concerns from so-called conservatives.

If you listen close, you will hear Ron Paul sounding like an ACTUAL conservative, and not just a Republican.

Or better yet, let me keep my money, and ill make my own damned decisions.

We need national defense and we need a FORM of welfare (not the one we have now)

but in typical government fashion, they screwed up both of them.

And in typical pundit fashion, you allowed yourself to be sucked in.
edit on 11-10-2010 by Snarf because: (no reason given)

pundit fashion? Are you being ironic? What have I been 'sucked into', a an analysis of the OP based on the words being cited?

top topics

join