It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would Aliens care about us HUMANS and our planet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Good evening to all.

Please do not take this as anything more than a serious question as I am interested in serious opinion..If I am to try and believe all this ET talk of late then this must be considered in depth.

With all this talk of UFO's, disclosure and the possibility of Aliens coming to Earth to save us or give us some grave warning etc, I ponder the following.

In the Universe there are billions of galaxies and god knows how many stars and certainly the prospect that there must be in all probability be millions of planets with intelligent life more so than ours.

So why would any Alien or Extra Terrestrial entity be interested in us? If they can travel to our planet and stay relatively hidden and therefore have far superior technology what would they want with us?

We must be to them what Chimpanzees are to us. Cute, Intelligent (sort of) and excellent for study!

What do we have to offer an Alien race? Surely everything we have to show for our time on earth is fairly primitive to these Aliens. What do they want to deal with us for?

I understand that people think that Aliens have become so advanced they understand the meaning of life, they have evolved to a higher plain of existence etc but I do not buy this nice theory.

I can see no gain for them even in terms of learning from us. I do not see why they wish to share their profound knowledge with us. And I can't believe they would be here for our resources seeming there must be millions of planets that can produce what we have plus they can travel to these places presumably.

I just can not fathom what these ET's would want and why they would come here. I just can not get my head around the idea that we out of all possible living intelligent beings in the universe would interest Aliens.

Could it be that we are to egotistical? Too full of our minor achievements! These Aliens can travel the stars as we do the highways and roads. So they may of found a way to navigate light speed or use wormholes etc. Yet we are stuck on trying to find a more efficient way to heat our homes without damaging the Ozone. We are still new at recycling, and we have yet to master our own digestive system and make it more efficient.

If Aliens are a far more naturally intelligent type of being to us then what can they gain from us?What do we represent to them? Surely they have seen it all before. Maybe even gone the route we have.

I can only think of one thing. And that is not good. We as Humans use lesser beings for our need. Dogs become guides, zoo animals are entertainment for children, some are sent into space, some are experimented on for the sake of human safety, some are food and others are pets. This is how we regard the other living creatures that occupy our Planet with us. Even the ones we treat kind of well like dolphins and whales, we tag and monitor.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It seems to me that if they are technologically advanced enough to get here, they are probably very advanced in genectics and biology as well. They would come here for the same reason we go to the ocean floor or the Amazon. You never know where you might find the cure for cancer, or old age, or whatever. You can find raw materials everywhere in the galaxy. Life will be a lot less common, but always valuable.

Imagine what we could do with a couple of hundred years of genetic research. We could regerate limbs, organs or even entire bodies. We could give people gills or wings. We could genetically engineer people specifcally for space travel, or particular planets. Any time we discover new life forms, we could add their genetic code to our database for limitless possibilities.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I would see it as a discovery for them. At our stage in evolution (although not very advanced) must still be a marvel to them. To discover another conscious being is truly something to behold I could imagine. So they obviously give a # for whatever reason. They apparently don't like nuclear warheads or the fact that we have them.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
good question
i would agree with your last few sentences
either we are
maybe we are food to them
maybe they do experiments on us
maybe we are pets to them
maybe they want to see how we end life on this planet
maybe they want our women
maybe they want our gold
maybe they like our music
maybe they record us like (meerkat manor) and watch us on tv on there planet
OR MAYBE JUST MAYBE
the Sumerians got it right and they created us and they are just watching to see what we do next and how we evolve
who knows
but still its a good question
good luck on finding your answer

edit on 7-10-2010 by Dyax- because: to add more maybes

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Mr VonDoom,\\

You make fair points, but still. How will they obtain these things from us? Will they ask? Or will they take. Will they then turn the Earth into a giant Lab? Maybe these ET's do not use feeling and emotions so our pleas will fall on deaf ears. (If they have ears).

I am curious as to what our fate will be. We are already under control for our own power hungry leaders, now we may have an even more powerful beings or beings wanting genetic data from us. I only see something bad on the cards for most of us.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrRed

So why would any Alien or Extra Terrestrial entity be interested in us? If they can travel to our planet and stay relatively hidden and therefore have far superior technology what would they want with us?
Connect the dots my friends...there seems to be no obvious reason why they are here right? Surely many other places have similar resources to Earth? And why stay "relatively hidden"? My opinion is that Aliens have been here long ago, ancient texts, art and stories make it clear IMO. My next step in logic is to ask, well ok, what did they want back then? This is where you will probably have problems - I theorize they actually had a part in the "creation" of Human beings, that we are engineered beings. Our DNA is probably what has value to them. The DNA of all life on Earth probably has value to them. Think of how many times Humans have copied ideas from nature...a highly advanced race would be very interested in genetic engineering, because the best solutions, and particularly the best computers, are organic.

Think of it as the science of consciousness, programmers that create and manipulate DNA, the very code that generates sentience and self-awareness. I guess it's pretty far fetched isn't it...that Aliens can directly modify the design of an advanced organic brain at the DNA level...well I guess it is a little.
But lets just run with it for a moment. Imagine how annoying it would be to lose all that work...as a programmer myself, I know how absolutely infuriating it can be to lose a lot of work. I can only attempt to fathom how much information is stored in the vast amounts of life here on Earth. And if we are in fact a product of their ingenuity, we are of even more importance to them. And I even think we might be "related" to them, as in we share some of their DNA.

EDIT: And I need to add, that obviously they could "store" the DNA of most of the life on Earth, but it's a dynamic thing and changing all the time. Which would obviously mean the importance of this Earth is to provide the right environment for our genetics to naturally evolve and advance. In simple terms, what I'm trying to say, is that Earth could be like an alien ant farm, an experiment.

edit on 7/10/10 by CHA0S because: spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think I would have to put myself into the Alien's point of view. If I was commanding a space fleet searching the galaxy for other life, any kind of life, even the most primitive, would be an astonishing discovery to even the highest species.

I would, at the least, observe the species, and if they had the ability to learn, teach them and help them grow.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrRed

So why would any Alien or Extra
Terrestrial entity be interested in us?

Why is anyone interested in anything? There are people who enjoy bird watching. There's an entire industry built around whale watching. What about zoos? Aquariums? Watching creatures that aren't human is a common pasttime around the world. Should it come as any surprise if creatures other than ourselves find us interesting?

If Aliens are a far more naturally intelligent type of being to us then what can they gain from us?What do we represent to them? Surely they have seen it all before. Maybe even gone the route we have.

Imagine being a member of a race with fantastic technologically ability. Your species has long since solved all problems related to lack. A simple push of the button allows you to instantly materialize any physical object you desire. You've long since genetically altered yourself to be immune to all known diseases. There's no need to farm or hunt or breed anything because food comes at the push of a button, or perhaps you've genetically altered your race for photosynthesis. And you're all either telepathic or you've installed chips so everyone is connected via a wireless "internet" in everyone's brains.

What do you do?

Do you sit on your home planet and twiddle your thumbs? Do you focus on your navel until you shrivel up and die? Or do you maybe push that handy little button of yours to conjure up a spaceship so you can fly around and look at stuff?

And if, while flying around, you should happen to notice a planet a mere couple million light years away...a planet full of creatures who are constantly radiating psychic cries for help and prayers to a god that register on one of the lower octaves of your telepathic network...might you take a look?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

Observation! Well that could be a possibility but this is hardly Star Trek. Its seems as though we have had some warning that the aliens are on the way. There is much talk and apparently we are awaiting disclosure.

So, they surely can not be observing any longer. If our governments know something and have no told us then based on history we are certainly in trouble.

Our governments are destroying everything, money markets, housing markets, clamping down on freedoms etc. They have sold us down the river on more than one occasion before.

This is me connecting the dots. It can only be because we will not be needing the money anymore, our homes anymore and our freedoms anymore. Something much bigger must be about to take over. And no party will be offered.

This is of course if I believed in Aliens coming here.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Why is anyone interested in anything? There are people who enjoy bird watching. There's an entire industry built around whale watching. What about zoos? Aquariums? Watching creatures that aren't human is a common pasttime around the world. Should it come as any surprise if creatures other than ourselves find us interesting?

You have summed it up nicely for me. Most of those animals you mention are in Zoos and Aquariums. We treat them with contempt. Deprive them of there natural habitat for the reason of entertainment and money making. We pay to see them in a false environment.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRed

Observation! Well that could be a possibility but this is hardly Star Trek. Its seems as though we have had some warning that the aliens are on the way. There is much talk and apparently we are awaiting disclosure.

So, they surely can not be observing any longer. If our governments know something and have no told us then based on history we are certainly in trouble.

Our governments are destroying everything, money markets, housing markets, clamping down on freedoms etc. They have sold us down the river on more than one occasion before.

This is me connecting the dots. It can only be because we will not be needing the money anymore, our homes anymore and our freedoms anymore. Something much bigger must be about to take over. And no party will be offered.

This is of course if I believed in Aliens coming here.

Thank you for the reply!

I'm not sure I understand. If our Government was aware of Alien visitation, why would they do all of the things you listed? Perhaps I am just missing your point.

If the Aliens wished for us not to be aware of them, I'm sure they could cloak themselves or something. If the stories of sightings are true, than either they don't care they're being seen, or they're intentionally showing themselves. If it's the second, they're not doing that good of a job.

I have no reason to believe Aliens are here, however, so this is all just speculation.

Also, for the moment, I will stick with my original opinion that if they do visit, I think the main reason would be observation and learning about us. Would you not wish to observe another life form if you happen to discover it in the vast cosmos? I would.
edit on 7-10-2010 by Hitotsumami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
S&F

I simply don't know!

I could fathom guess after guess...but ultimately.....

I don't know.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Think of the aliens visiting us as Cosmic Guides who are our friends who want to see us succeed in not killing ourselves and the planet.As guides they do not DO for you they give you a slight hint and a push in the right direction and see if it takes hold because were supposed to be doing the hard work because its OUR planet not theres i know if i had the capability i would go to other planets to help people but that is not my mission right now mine is to do whatever i can here on earth (spreading knowledge, being good to others, and offering my help to anyone in need)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I do hope they have the same view as you. I for one am not so optimistic.

Observation normally leads to interaction which then leads to someone being evaluated for the purpose of use. We have always been the species that uses other for our needs. Horses and Donkey carry us. Camels do the same in the desert. What will we be seen as?

If it is DNA, then the most efficient way will be to harvest us. I don't want to be harvested. How will they chose how to use? It seems the Rich and Powerful may of offered us for that purpose in exchange for their well being.

I know this is all presumption and fantasy but it does interest me a little.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRed

I do hope they have the same view as you. I for one am not so optimistic.

Observation normally leads to interaction which then leads to someone being evaluated for the purpose of use. We have always been the species that uses other for our needs. Horses and Donkey carry us. Camels do the same in the desert. What will we be seen as?

If it is DNA, then the most efficient way will be to harvest us. I don't want to be harvested. How will they chose how to use? It seems the Rich and Powerful may of offered us for that purpose in exchange for their well being.

I know this is all presumption and fantasy but it does interest me a little.

Thank you for the reply!

These hypotheticals are also very interesting to me as well!

However, as you said, I am quite optimistic. I imagine that any species that has survived it's nuclear age and is able to traverse great distances must be a (relatively) peaceful one. As for your analogy to the animals we 'control' on earth, we are an intelligent species, and different from all other animals on earth because we have the capacity to learn anything, as long as it is demonstrated to us.

In my opinion, I think any alien race that would visit would want to help us grow past our harmful selves and grow more peaceful. I believe that the best way to grow and learn and survive is through peace, and I do not think a species could overcome a nuclear age and have the technology to travel through far distances without first learning this lesson.

edit on 8-10-2010 by Hitotsumami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
My thoughts are that the aliens want to make it clear our nukes do not go into space, they probably see the nukes as a potential threat.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Extraterrestrials would almost certainly possess minds that would be vastly different to that of humans. Their chain of evolution would also be, in all likelihood, much longer in comparison to our own. We've only been around for something like two hundred thousand years, and most of our progress as a species was only made in the last fifty thousand or so. Look how far we've come during that time. Now try to imagine what the human mind might be like in a million years, provided we last that long. The capacity and manner in which our minds function will change in proportion to our own evolution. The human mind that has had a million years to evolve would be incomparable to our current state. The thoughts running through their minds would be far, far more complex and, quite possibly, phenomenally different when compared to present day humans.

Also consider that an extraterrestrial's planet would harbor, at the very least, vastly different native lifeforms when compared to that of Earth. A lack of predators during the evolutionary process could lead to a species that simply does not comprehend the nature of violence because they've never had reason to utilize such behavior. The ability and will to use violence is ingrained in humanity because we required it to survive throughout the evolutionary process. That's a single example, and there are countless permutations which could lead an alien civilization down an endless number of paths.

The TL
R version : they would not think as we do. As such, I don't think it's possible for any of us to realistically determine the goals and motives of an alien race which possesses an intelligence that is, by definition, alien to our own.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Honestly anyone who attempts to speculate as to what their motives and doesn't realize that the range of possibilities is vast is quite dumb. Anyone who limits their possible motives to what they personally find rational and uses this as evidence that they don't exist is even dumber. As to your question, who knows? It doesn't prove nor disprove e.t. presence. Here's a speculation; perhaps they are simply observing. Perhaps they are studying us and crossing their DNA with ours. Perhaps they created us through genetic engineering. All you can do is speculate. Bob Lazar contends that he was briefed on the information that aliens created humans through genetic manipulation. It would certainly make sense considering that all of our features fall somewhere between apes and the typical description of the greys in terms of bone density, muscle mass, cranial capacity and brain size, neck placement, limbs to body ratio etc.

edit on 8-10-2010 by dusk18 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2010 by dusk18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Why would we care about a flower in the desert?

There are many flowers on Earth (and many deserts too).

Maybe there are many planets like Earth (in terms of absolute) but not all that many (in relative terms) so Earth is worth a second glance.

We Humans btw....
edit on 8-10-2010 by OZtracized because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Perhaps there is nowhere in the universe to them that is as amazing to them as us.

What other star system has pizza?

It would be nice to think that they can replicate themselves to look like us, and are still perfecting the technology behind it, and their goal is to not just observe us, but as a holiday planet.

It is a light hearted answer to your question, but also plausible. We could be what they have denied themselves in their evolution

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join