It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This story has CHANGED MY LIFE ... it may change yours as well.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I really enjoyed the story. It was very compelling, thank you for that! I'm going to make my wife post that on her facebook, since I refuse to make one.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

Lol. Not really. I only look around the forums here once every other month. This just seems like one of the weaker topics. All tear jerky and everything.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This is very inspirational. This world needs more empathy.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Cool story! thanks for posting some real lessons in there.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Great story. Though provocing and perspective changing.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Truly an interesting perspective. I have considered the fact that these words may have a prescribed effect...something to do with the specific combination of words, and the feelings it may provoke. As with anything...truths floating in a sea of perversion.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So, let me just say to all of you...er, I mean me,

Let's get it right this time!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It's really a coincidence that I just read today, this same history in another website.

A couple years ago I came up with a similar thought that god is present in every form of life and we are all the same, and from them try to follow this philosophy in my life, treating everyone and everything with the respect that I would want to get.

great story!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm glad you're more compassionate now :-)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
this didnt change my life...... i award you no princess points and may god have mercy on your soul

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
interesting story, but is it true or possible ? i dont think so ....if we are all one and we are reincarnating all over and over and we are growing and get mature then we will not be experience this reality we are living .Reality is something else today ..people are more evil and corrupted day by day on level is not imaginable for most people of us . Not only goverment and oridnary people are became little sneaks ,jelaous, they will sold good friendship,relationship for a handful of dollars and thousand more examples to get little higher place in this monetary system.I can write on reality and people all day but i think you will get it .You are wrong saying that this text changed your life ..Life is changing every day ..with our procedures , habits , relationships etc...,example :My life was changed this afternoon when i saw a smile on my girlfriend face after she get passed hard exam on college. that smile was my food although i personally don't admit college education .
edit on 3-11-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Star and Flag to OP; I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention (the story) for I have like the rest pondered ideas similar to this.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Ok, before I had my son and became a dad this story would've been very meaningful, but not now. Number one, the depiction of this "god". He sounds like a scientist experimenting with the one in all zen-type of consciousness yet he clearly is separate from us. He says there's others like him, so are those grown humanity-deity fetuses or other scientists? This god has no qualms of making humanity live through horrible tragedies such as child leukemia, being a pedophiles victim, slavery, torture, forced mutilation, wars, etc. All that for our good? I, thank (insert your deity/belief here) have a wonderful happy son, but to EVEN think of anything happening to him, well, I'd hunt god down to claim JUSTICE. To even begin to think that a deity would make me hurt my son in any way (directly or indirectly if I was reincarnated as an industrialist spewing toxins that caused him fatal harm) is totally repulsive. I do believe the order of the cosmos is greater than a god shuffling about subjecting us to this loop of yes, beauty (birds, pretty flowers, kids' smiles) but mainly gruesome tragedy (wars, greed, destruction and sickness) is simply ridiculous. This story sounds like a plug for the NWO for people to take their misery and like it. Oh, the greedy pigs destroying the Earth and starting more wars while making families homeless and denying the poor even monsanto's mutated porridge? Well, guys you did it to yourselves! Don't question the billionaires, they are you! Let them enjoy their wealth and lick their boots. Maaaybe next time around it will be your turn to hold the golden scepter and you wouldn't like a peasant version of you spoiling your fun, right? Hell, you deserved the chance to hoard billions while poisoning the only Earth we have and ruining life's beauty for all. Garbage.

The universal order cannot be controlled by emotion or benevolence. We will know one day what the true meaning of it all is, but this darling story is not it. Trust me, I have thought about this idea a long time ago before reading it on the net. Once, again, when you have a kid you'll understand.

On the other hand, if the theory of infinite dimensions and parallel universes is correct then somewhere out there this story holds water. If that's the case, hell, that means that somewhere out there I'm Godzilla! Existentialism LOL I need to go play some video games after this rant.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
nm
edit on 24-3-2011 by Snoopy1978 because: Double post!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Have you read Tuesdays with Morrie? It's kind of like this too.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
What you just said is epic. Now it makes you think. Remember how dreams work? Every character in your dreams is a part of your subconscious. Now what if the life we know as real and "waking" is actually a dream itself?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I've always enjoyed this story. Its a great read.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

Awesome story. And you know what? I agree with most of it. If everyone thought this way, the world would be a better place.

This story made my day. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had."

Reading this story brought tears to my eyes, but this part really hit me hard. Thanks for sharing this awesome tale and it's wonderful to hear that you had such a positive reaction to it.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
That's some pretty heavy stuff. I had a dream about 3 years ago similar to this. But Im going to wait til I hit 20 replies so I can post the whole story and get some feedback from it. Thanks for sharing.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join