It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This story has CHANGED MY LIFE ... it may change yours as well.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

All good stuff.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thank-you for sharing this. It's making an impact even now, almost 2 years later. I've begun thinking differently now.

Thank-you.

oddpenguin

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Thank you for your amazing story. It actually has changed me in a way. I actually feel the same way you do about others now...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Thank you for writing this.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
awesome.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I am am empath too. Sometimes it feels more like a curse than a gift. I wish everyone was an empath...Then everyone would know the impact their negativity has on everyone.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

It is kinda eye-opening, is it not? Gives one a better understanding of the importance of the: "Do unto others... "

Glad I found this thread, S & F

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I like it.
So The God, created himself the god, to become The god, and the god watching god on unlimited live reallity show with unlimited causes and effects, to god become The god wich will create again new god with new superpowers, causes and effects, wich will watch god becoming The God, the me, the God, the me. infinitum
edit on 8-3-2013 by wwwchronos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This "story" has some good (and IMO, true) elements in it which match A LOT what I am reading right now about NDEs and similar experiences.

Although, I am not sure whether "souls get reincarnated "many" times or whether reincarnation is actually only optional. I am also not sure about "each individual is one", this is open to philosophic debate. Overall, this story has some very profound truths in it.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Great thread, thanks OP. The more I read about the world and science and the universe the more it all leads to the same place, conscious, intelligent infinity. This also ties in with the non dualist perspective which I find very interesting. Like in this story, I really hope after I die that I learn what the true meaning and architecture of this place is, even one moment of perfect, all knowing clarity. After that I'm happy to do anything. One can only dream

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm respecting your asking to leave debating the authority of the scripture out of this thread.

That was a very good story! I have already gotten to that complete compassion point in my life, where you can throw yourself into someone's shoes without even trying, but it still was a very good one. The only annoying part about that viewpoint in life I have found is that when you are angry at someone, whether the anger is mere annoyance because they left a window open, or it real, pure, raw anger because they ruined\are ruining your life(for example there is a boy at school who tells me to die because I am gay and one night 3 months ago I almost committed suicide because of him), and you have a complete right to be angry at them, but you cannot be because you have reached this higher level of understanding where you realise that there will always be something that you do not know about someone and therefore you cannot judge them.
It is extremely horrible but yet beautiful, this place we have reached. In time I hope you haven't found it as horrible as I have though. ;p

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well actually somewhat how I see it. But you are not me. We are a Family growing and maturing, and we don't auto reincarnate instantly over and over most of the time either, and the goal is to not do that at all. I believe all the files of all people get put into one big folder and downloaded by everyone for a huge upgrowth of all at a certain point and then no one would ever harm a fly and is a gift to self and all others, on higher levels at some point.
edit on 25-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessSerena

I.
HATE.
IT.
I know how you feel. It is horrible. extremely horrid. Especially since I live with a lot of negative people. >.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Appreciated, enough say

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Good thread and nice story gatorboi117.

Many of us have beliefs similar to the one described in the story. Or at least are open to the possibility. I like it.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

That you do for the least of my brothers, that you do unto me.

You're going to get really frustrated in life to see the really mean people out there - people who seem to go out of their way to make things more difficult for people that "they can" make life more difficult for.

Silly people, who mean nothing in the big picture.

Life is hard, hold on to your idealism - no matter how hard it gets.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yes. This is the type of story that comes from (dare I say?) enlightenment. An overused word, perhaps. But it's happening. Because this conclusion, more or less, is being reached by people on an increasingly frequent basis.

My 10 year old just told me a month ago, "Is it possible that realities are formed around points of consciousness....and that each point of consciousness is a point of gravity, where mass collects and forms beings and that all matter created by each being is an extension of that being, and therefor all existence is a creation of a being?" There was more to it, but that's how the conversation started. I don't tell them they are right or wrong because how can I be so sure what's right or wrong on this? But I do encourage them to explore. I don't want them locked in a restrictive ideological paradigm. But if there is a God to be found, "He" should be discovered through ones own reasoning and cognition.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Every once in a while you encounter something-- a story, a movie, maybe a song or a poem-- that so deeply touches you and resonates with you, and you find to be so clever that you absolutely wish you had come up with it first (ironically, I guess that's an ego thing.) This, for me, was one of those.

Not just the concept, but the skillful execution with which Andy lays out an entire life/universe-view in just a couple short pages.

Aside from skillful execution, the story touches on ideas I had explored before encountering it. No, I don't think this is quite how the universe works (though I don't find the idea highly implausible either-- I've heard worse.) I'm not even sure I believe in reincarnation. However, if reincarnation is a real thing, I think this story might touch on one of its mechanisms. I don't think we would necessarily have to live every single life in all of history to "get the point." That could easily be accomplished by ensuring that each soul was made to live through a particular list of common "archetypal" sort of experiences, throughout their incarnations. For example-- every parent who has lost a child knows what that experience is like and can fully empathize with others in that situation-- no real need to become each and every one of those parents to "get it."

Who knows-- maybe it's even possible to "get it" on one trip through.

I've always felt that life was a learning experience. I have often gotten the sense that we learn a lot more about our lives upon death. You know how many who have crossed the line and come back talk about re-living or reviewing their entire lives in just a moment that feels like an eternity? I've long suspected that in that moment of review, we see things with a crystal clarity (including the perspectives of others) that we might have missed the first time around.

I have long suspected that "hell" is what guys like Hitler get, in that moment when they realize just how far off the path of goodness they strayed, and finally realize the true impact of all their actions.

Of course, I could be wrong there. Just something I've speculated a lot about....

Originally posted by crazzydob

When I first read this story over a year ago on this thread I was like "YESS this will change my life".
It also left me with a overwhelming feeling of emotion. BUT now a year later I completely forgot about this story until I just bumped into it by coincedence so I don't know about anyone else but this hasn't changed my life in the slightest, I wish it did though

You explained it yourself-- it's because you forgot about it. New knowledge or ideas are useless if you don't integrate them into your life. The idea expressed in this story does have the power to change lives (as evidenced by some of the testimonials in this thread) IF you keep it in mind and integrate it into your daily way of thinking.
edit on 9-7-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Great story, simple and concise. Thanks for sharing it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
As I can't really be arsed with the god-part I'm a little "meh" about the story, just like you were. But this might change it for me, who knows. Thanks for sharing!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join