It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This story has CHANGED MY LIFE ... it may change yours as well.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

Originally posted by gatorboi117

Originally posted by GhostLancer
This thread is nice, but wouldn't this be a GREAT WAY to get people complacent just before something, shall we say, "dramatic" were about to happen?

I want you to take this message to heart, and I'm afraid that you won't because of your suspicion that I could be some sort of "government poser". So, in the hopes of curing those fears, I shall send you a PM that contains a link to my Facebook profile (lol). Please report back if you find that I am legitament. I am just afraid of your suspicions scaring others away from accepting a message like this.

Dearest gatorboi117, thank you for the PM and the link to your Facebook profile. First, let me begin by stating that I really enjoyed the story. In fact, in a far earlier post, I gave you high marks for it. It truly is enlightening. Second, my last post, about this thread being a great way to get people complacent just before "something dramatic" was really half joking.

However, I went to the link to your Facebook page, and if you really wanted to inspire someone to believe you were NOT a government agent (or whatever), the photo you have as your main profile would not be the one I would choose to do so. For everyone who has not seen it, it is a dark photo of a young man in a suit wearing MIB-styled sunglasses. LOL...! If I were inclined toward paranoia, which is not the case, then your photo would certainly inspire suspicion. I find it hilarious, actually, that you would use it as proof that you are NOT a "spook," when for all intents and purposes, the photo would suggest that you ARE. It's a knee-slapper.

Very enjoyable. Thank you very much for the laugh. I mean this sincerely, not sarcastically in the least! Perhaps you are 17 after all. And maybe that was the point.

Either way, it was a very enjoyable story, and should improve people's outlook. I think one of the biggest problems in our world today is the fact that most people cannot or will not see things from the perspective of others. Empathy and civility seem to have given way to greed and apathy. The story you posted is sure to change things for many, many people. As well as get the cattle ready for the slaughter.

Just kidding. But perhaps. Nah, just kidding. But still...
Thanks for a most interesting post.

Hahahahaha, as soon as I sent you the link, I thought "Aww crap, he won't like my profile picture."

Anyway, I sent that to you because someone else had also posted the same thought hear earier. Hopefully you browsed my profile just a little bit more.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed the read!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Actually this view has been proven by science watch all parts to this video and learn all of you alternate me's

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
So a if the Humans destroy themselves, then they would be a miscarriage?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Wow, thanks for sharing that story with the rest off us, i hope that i can take a little bit of it and add it to my life, i always had issues with compassion. I havent read anything full off love like this in a long time.

Thanks a whole lot

oh and if i knew how to give ya a star and flag id do it

sorry for my grammar

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

That was a remarkable post...quite a mature post for a 17 year old...havnt read the thread..hopefully there are some great replies...not sure what happened to the flagging mechanism..but if I could I would flag this...bravo

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Lovely post, and it made me cry because I've always believed in the soul

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Great story!! You're lucky to learn this valuable lesson so soon (at 17)... Thumbs

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Heyyy, I just realized!
So we are all talking to "myself" here!!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I can very well see where you are coming from. I know also that this story, although very well put together, is a work of fiction. I know the girl who doesn't want to speak or be spoken to. I know the vietnam vet who begs for work because his country forgot about him, or more openingly just plain doesn't care.
I also know the woman/man who can't seem to get ahead no matter how hard they try, who is looked upon as worthless. I know the families who seem to have everything given to them, who look down on others that don't.
I also know there is a Supreme Ruler of All who sees all these things. I also have faith enough to know that HE will always be in control. I know we must go through trials and tribulations.I know that the way this world is now will not remaIn the same. I know with all my heart and soul, Supreme Ruler will make right all the wrongs.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yes, you are getting it. This is where the term "All is One" comes from. Collectively, all that IS....is One. All the energy in the universe creates matter...the 3D form of everything we see. The ALL collectively is traced back to that divine energy or intelligent energy of which everything is made. We are a small part of the whole. We are a small part of "God". God=intelligent energy. ALL is One. Namaste'

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

my 8th grade english teacher made our class read this

I think its a simple, yet thought provoking view on life and death

Especially since two days ago, one of my good friends passed suddenly. It was a car accident, on his way to work. He was 26 years old. RIP Dougy
edit on 15-10-2010 by WhiteDevil013 because: wanted to mention my friend

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think this story truly opens up more ideas about life in general!

S&F.

Makes you think about what we really are in the end doesn't it..

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I've thought of this kind of idea before. I am glad someone is circulating this type of idea. I think that if I were to find myself transported back in time to the beginnings of civilization, that starting a religion based on this idea would be preferable to others. That is if I didn't mind lying about my certainty of this being true, which I think I would. But I think it is a great thing to keep in mind. Anything is possible and it could be true that there is only one string of consciousness in the universe. It could also be true that there are many, but that we all experience each others' lives anyway (freewill may be an illusion). I would have explicitly added animals into the story as well.
I really hope that this isn't true, as I do not wish to experience being the victims of every serial killer or to experience being every serial killer for that matter etc. But we should all be aware that this is a real possibility. It should make us think twice before harming another person, or being mean to others, or supporting the slaughter of animals. If someone really considered, I mean really imagined it very clearly the idea of being slaughtered in a slaughter house and that pain, and thought about themselves later becoming that animal, would they be able to continue to purchase meat? If they would still, then perhaps they did not imagine it clearly enough. The same goes with any grave harm or distress imparted on others.
Selfishness is our way of life and it is not a bad thing at all unless it is a stupid kind of selfish that does not include empathy for others. Every decision we make is a selfish decision. It is impossible for it not to be. What people do not realize is that every harmful act one commits to another person is actually putting themselves into danger, because they will then be deserving of punishment. Punishment is a practical solution for causing beings to behave in a better way- perhaps a necessary evil which makes there be the most amount of happy beings possible when used correctly. This is true even if free will is an illusion.
Even if there are things that we can get away with that harm others, it does not mean that we will not be punished someday for that act. This is why committing a stupidly selfish act that violates the rights of another being is dangerous to one's self and therefore a stupid act that does not further one's own goals.
There are probably some extreme situations where the rights of 2 people are directly at odds with one another and where it would be right for person A to kill person B and where it would also be right for person B to kill person A- like some apocalyptic scenario or desert island scenario perhaps, but this is in no way the norm.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I am awestruck !! I feel empathy for every person i interact with now .
This story has totally changed my perception of the world around me .I feel like a totally different person now . Every-time i see another individual i feel as if i was that individual ,literally . This is amazing .I had been pondering over the idea of a universal mind/consciousness for a long time now but this story has opened my eyes ,I will incorporate this into my theory . Thanks for the share .

@OP-May GOD bless you

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I had a thought about this concept a long while ago... That what if at some point in time, I got to be the person sitting across from me or the person that briefly makes eye contact with me or a person that I will never meet... but I get to experience that life. It's mind blowing.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

edit on 18-10-2010 by gatorboi117 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I've read the first 8 pages and then read the jist of the rest.
It is amazing how many people on ATS can't read.
Let me quote:

Originally posted by gatorboi117[...]This is a story that, although I don’t believe at all, has completely changed my life.
[...] let me tell you a little about myself: [...]I am a devout Christian, and believe the Bible to be absolutely true. (Please, this thread is not to debate the authority of Scripture … leave that out for now). [...]
That should answer about half of the posts!

@ OP & Topic:
Congratulations mate! You've understood how to be a real christian! (I'm sure no one was expecting that one!
)

Let me explain with an example:
Everybody knows the situation. You're driving along on a nice sunny day on a dry road when you catch up with a car doing about half the speed it could/should be! After several minutes of (most probably) swearing and pushing you're blood pressure way too high, you finally manage to overtake and see that the driver is a very old man who is clinging on to the wheel.

Here are 3 possible reactions.
The human or 'worldly' reaction:
"That old ***t shouldn't be on the road!!! Why haven't they taken his licence away yet??! Etc. etc.

The 'Christian' or 'holy-guy' reaction:
"God give me patience! I know I shouldn't be angry at my fellow human beings, but...! "

The empathic reaction:
"Poor man! Probably worked more hours then I ever will in his life and now his body is giving up. I hope he enjoys whereever he is driving to. Thankfully he hasn't lost his licence yet. [i]God.... Please guide him home safely!"

@ Christians: WWJD? What do you do?

If the story has helped people to become more empathic, then the story has made the world a better place and is therefore good.
I agree with the posters saying the story is very egocentric.

Oh and BTW, what on earth were all those posts about saying the OP can't be 17 and wise?! I had similar thoughts when I was younger, doesn't make me wise (but sure shows how foolish other teenagers are/were :p )!

Blessed be,
Sam

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

nice story and a good outlook on life

edit on 20-10-2010 by krs678 because: miss type

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
There are loads of religious stories like this. Why should people need the incentive of some sort of a reward (like joining god) to be good to other people? I thought one of the things that Christians believe in is to help others without necessarily expecting anything in return. Surely you could instead choose to be good to other people because however unique each one of us tries to be, we're all still individuals of the same species so we need to look out for each other. That's the point of empathy I would use anyway. I guess you could argue that if everyone had good morals though (for whatever reason), then better cooperation generally between people would be a reward in itself.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I'd give you a star and flag but I wouldn't feel cool giving them to myself ;-)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join