It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bright star in our night sky..cannot be venus..what is it??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Cool thread and defintely puzzling... I was told it was Venus but geez I don't know better but for the record it doesn't sparkle at all or has the effects of a star.

It is defintely the brightest object in the sky possibly brighter than the moon.

I been watching it for a while also... and if U really pay attention. There alot of bright stars out lately alot of them almost position equally N/S/E/W just follow the stars ..

Well what I do like to know and I mean since I was a kid in the 70's I always herd of the North Star, where is the North Sky, I havent seen the North Star for like 5 years now.
edit on 5-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

I seen the moon looking like that this past Thursday, looks wierd... Maybe we're being swooshed around because we're close (our Galaxy) to the galatic center!!!!
edit on 5-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Many of these "stars" which so many of us are questioning nowadays, (that fact that we are questioning them tells me something's up) I believe are Starships. Some are vast motherships far out within our atmosphere.....appearing as "stars" to many of us. We are definitely confused by this, as they tend to shift, move and show different colors, are unusually bright.....Many astronomers are puzzled by them, not just us.

We ask the questions....but exactly how ready are we for the truth? We ask questions but dont' want to listen, be open to other possibilites. Instead we react defensively and get our feathers ruffled.... Well, either you are ready and willing and openminded enough to even begin to accept other possibilites......or, you are not. It's very easy to say they are stars, comets, satellites, planets......because that is what we are familiar with and make most sense to our brains and analytical, logical thinking. So it's safe. We think. At least for the moment in time.

I too have watched these "stars" for a long time. It wasn't until early this year that I discovered that what we believe to be Venus was indeed moving around. Then I began to hear the very same thing among others......One in particular mentioned he had watched this light for 4-5 years, move. Sometimes disappear and reappear. When he'd bring it up, no one wanted to listen, so he left it at that.

I love it when I hear and see others wake up and notice what is going on around us.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Why doesn't the OP just go outside and film it or take some pictures and then post them. Nearly all cameras have a zoom function so you can get close up or just take a landscape shot, or better yet both. Both shots would be handy.
It would certainly be more productive than looking at photo's other people have taken at other times. If you are looking south then nothing is out of place in the night sky and you already have your answer in this thread, but if you refuse to accept it then you need to actively go out and prove that you are seeing something abnormal. Because frankly at this point we have 5 pages of nothing based on the delusions of one person. You need to at least make an effort first.
edit on 5-10-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
For what its worth - im in Birmingham - only 100 miles north of you...Jupiter is the brightest thing in the sky at the moment (when the grey blanket dissappears). You get a good view of it as it swings round to the south. Get some binos and see if you can see moons round your bright object. 4 in a row should be about right for Jupiter. 2 bigger ones to the right and 2 small ones to the left.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I had the same question in mind some time ago and after doing some research I am fairly sure this is Jupiter . At the time it is the closest it ever gets to earth and it is very bright and is very close to the moon (at least from my perspective)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Im sorry but OP, your a tool from a shed and not a very sharp one

First off get a pair of Binoculars and look at Jupiter you will see at least 2 or 3 of the big moons in orbit round Jupiter thus making it Jupiter

when it comes to things in the night sky if something Big and bright was to appear in the night sky do you not think it would get noticed by a lot of people? many many astronomers looking up in the sky

on many occasion i have been standing out side late at night and think hmmm thats a strange light whats that ...a quick search in any good Planetarium software gives you the answer straight away! its not hard to do ya self!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
The crescent moon when seen at the bottom, as in the picture, has been called the "water moon"...looks kind of like a bowel, doesn't it ? check out the following info:

starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov...

As for the other question of the planet or star you are seeing...is it possible it is in the constellation of Orion?
At this time, from where I sit, the star of Betelgeuse is very bright. You may want to check out info on it as well.

www.constellationsofwords.com...

hope it helped.

~holly

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by theAymen

I'm on the east coast of the U.S I see this star,if its the same one,around midnight ,as I have alot of trees around my house so this is the time I get a visual.I've been around for lets say a few years and do not recall ever seeing this star before,Its unusual because of its size and brightness.I don't have a camera that will get a clear picture of it and like you,I was hoping someone could tell me what it is..oh its in the western sky at that time.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

The night sky is no constent
it will change over time

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
"The bright star in our night sky..cannot be venus..what is it??"

IT MUST BE YOUR BRAIN! What a endstupid Thread! OMG I can't belive it!

"Tell me what this is, but don't use any programs, don't use your brain, don't use calculations, don't use imagination, just say me what it is! But don't tell me the truth, I don't wanna hear it!"

Pfhhh....sure.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TreX-UK

whatever its called its fascinating to look at!!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Get a pair of binoulcars on it you will soon know if its jupitar if you can see a few moons

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAymen

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Well that settles THAT then, right?

I mean Jupiter was photographed NEXT to the moon months ago, so it can't possibly be Jupiter now, right!?

(Clarity for those keeping score at home, Jupiter isn't near the moon at the moment, Regulas is though....)

tut tut ..if jupiter has been seen next to this star..THEN HOW CAN IT BE JUPITER....??

edit on 4-10-2010 by theAymen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

it cant be jupiter as there is a picture with jupiter alongside it in the OP

I mean Jupiter was photographed NEXT to the moon months ago, so it can't possibly be Jupiter now, right!?

(Clarity for those keeping score at home, Jupiter isn't near the moon at the moment, Regulas is though....)

Might pay to do some learnings:

www.kidsastronomy.com...

edit on 4/10/10 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Chad how the feck did you fail to notice that the photo you're referring too, showed Jupiter, The moon and another unidentified star?

when that guy you quoted said "how can it be when jupiter is right next to it" he wasn't referring to the moon as you posted *facepalm x a billion* he was referring to the unidentified star which you failed to acknowledge....

honestly man wtf. People starred you too...I guess none of them looked at the photo either...

at least look at things properly when you're sh*tting all over them.

and you couldn't even do that properly, you're bagging the guy for saying "its not Jupiter", then you're turning around and saying "oh by the way, its not Jupiter"

WTF!!!!!

-B.M
edit on 5/10/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Text Black

TextIm sorry it was not month's ago, it was just two week's ago,just getting used to this new system.

Originally posted by ibegood2

Originally posted by theAymen

tut tut ..if jupiter has been seen next to this star..THEN HOW CAN IT BE JUPITER....??

edit on 4-10-2010 by theAymen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
is this star visible in melbourne , australia.

and what are its are the coordinates

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

I'm confused...

I did word it wrongish, but I think the point was still made?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
That pic of Venus, Jupiter & the Moon together would have been taken on December 1st 2008 at around 6PM and the next event similar to that will occur on March 26 2012 when the thin crescent moon will be in between Jupiter & Venus in the western sky after sunset. Jupiter always causes a stir when it gets closest to us (currently

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gate13

If it's Jupiter, it's currently in the NNE sky from Melbourne, elevation 49 degrees - can't miss it.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Man-Made?

Are you serious?

This thing is huge.... of course its a Planet!

It's very great to view on a clear sky.... very bright... can't be missed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join