It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bright star in our night sky..cannot be venus..what is it??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yes i know...this topic again..
I know this topic has been covered here before.... though i am not satisfied with the answers given.
im sure everyone is aware of that bright star in the night sky...and im sure youv all had alot of debates over what it is. Time for a real answer i reckon
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/440e289a783f.jpg[/atsimg]
the main theory is that it is venus....?? i dont buy this..not for a second!

i think the logic used to come to this idea is laughable...as this star is very, very close and it cannot be mars...then...it must be venus

venus is inbetween the earth and the sun right.......and at night we are facing away from the sun. As`we are facing away...The only planets that could be visible are... all of them bar mercury and venus...mercury & venus should only be visible nearer to sunset/rise.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef06ca9b6be5.jpg[/atsimg]

but this star appears in the middle of the night. I have been observing this star for a long period now. for years. its appearance has changed over time.... it used to shimmer red, blue & green...then it turned into a dull star..now its a really bright star, which is definatly in our galaxy.... it looks more & more like a star... over time.

When it shimmered green blue red..i thought it was man-made..maybe the ISS. But now the standard concensious is that its venus

is this the thingymebob that was flashing long ago???
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54845e8cf9ea.jpg[/atsimg]

MY OWN PERSONAL THEORY IS THAT IT IS OURS, MANMADE...MAYBE SOMETHING TO DO WITH OPERATION BLUEBEAM...??? maybe

I don’t want links to simulation sites or to nasa Ok! i know its not the north star or even cyrius or others from outside our galaxy...as its mostly seen constantly local to the moon..also i am sure i have seen it move..also i have seen it disappear then appear an hour later.

So what is it....its doin my nut!

here is Jupiter..the moon...and so-called venus

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e17b1a3a677.jpg[/atsimg]

i just noticed the moon in that picture WTF!!.... this picture looks like a polar shift taking place!!
edit on 4-10-2010 by theAymen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Think you might be viewing Jupiter

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theAymen

Good luck everyone says Venus-Arcturus ect. you might even get high floating swamp gas, smh. But seriously good luck and if you figure it out let it be known as they are at the 4 corners of the Earth.... May be bigger then bluebeam but I could be wrong....

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I can almost guarantee that if you download and install Stellarium (it's free too), you will find the answers that you seek.

And if that does not work, give us your observation data, so we can check it out. Time of day, month, location, etc...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Where was the cool picture of crescent moon and "stars" taken? What lattitude, longitude or where geographically? And when?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What is the location and date of that pic? It doesn't even make sense if that is recent. Right now for my location jupiter sets in the west just before dawn, with the crescent moon being about 40 degrees up in the eastern sky at about the same time.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by theAymen
When it shimmered green blue red..i thought it was man-made..maybe the ISS. But now the standard concensious is that its venus.

The ISS constantly moves.
According to where you are located, the ISS would be seen traveling across the sky.
If visible.

MY OWN PERSONAL THEORY IS THAT IT IS OURS, MANMADE...MAYBE SOMETHING TO DO WITH OPERATION BLUEBEAM...??? maybe

I'm not too confident it's a man-made object.
Bluebeam? Hmm...

I don’t want links to simulation sites or to nasa Ok! i know its not the north star or even cyrius or others from outside our galaxy...as its mostly seen constantly local to the moon..also i am sure i have seen it move..also i have seen it disappear then appear an hour later.

COULD IT BE A UFO?
Research satellites in the sky from your location and then determine that it's either man-made, or stellar.

i just noticed the moon in that picture WTF!!.... this picture looks like a polar shift taking place!!

The moon looks normal to me? Acutally, it looks nice and either reflective, waning, or eclipsing
Maybe you shouldn't believe everything you read here on ATS.
I am not being shrewd but you just gave 3 conspiracy theories a go at this.

Do some more research! You peaked my curiosity!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

yeah that's right, when the ISS is visable at just before dawn it can have a luminosity of -3 or more (very bright)

but you would see it moving, it's always a good UFO sighting. but If this thing is not moving then...............

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It depends on where you're looking and when.

Venus sets (in the west) less than an hour after sunset so unless you have a clear view of the horizon you may not be able to see it. It isn't exactly "between" the Sun and Earth though it will be soon. When it is it will no longer be visible for a while. When it does show up again (after two or three weeks) it will appear in the morning sky rather than the evening.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2c7ad927096.gif[/atsimg]

Jupiter, on the other hand, is rising shortly after sunset and is visible all night. Since it is about as close as it ever gets to Earth, it is very bright.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a4f8de0d878.gif[/atsimg]

www.fourmilab.ch...

edit on 10/4/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I bet its Juipter. Juipter is very close to the Earth right now, astronomicaly speaking. Closest its been and will be for like 40 years I think. Get a pair of binoculars and look at it. If its Juipter and you are using a decent pair of binocs you'll be able to tell if its Juipter or not.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
Where was the cool picture of crescent moon and "stars" taken? What lattitude, longitude or where geographically? And when?

this picture is from national geographic...december 28..asia
follow the link for the story

national geographic

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
What is your location? And what date and time did you take the pictures?
Without this, no one is going to be able to help you.
Where I am, the moon is in the only visible in the early morning, with nothing bright around it. Jupiter shows up at night, not anywhere near the moon. The curve of the moon is in the opposite direction (the thickest part is over the 7 o'clock, not the 5 as is shown in the picture).
Nothing in the sky at the location shown on the planetarium I use.
Like the "second sun" threads, nothing celestial moves as you say. If it was local to the moon, everyone would be posting about it. Same with if it was somehow "new" or strange. And shimmering colors have many causes, most of them atmospheric optics and not the actual object changing color. And the ability to claim it is "local to the moon", doesn't make any sense, because you can only view it in two dimensions.
Hmmmm, I'm going to go back in time and see if I can match your pictures....I let you know.
But without the location, time, date, and all other information no one is going to be able to help you.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
I can almost guarantee that if you download and install Stellarium (it's free too), you will find the answers that you seek.

And if that does not work, give us your observation data, so we can check it out. Time of day, month, location, etc...

i dont want a stellarium..i dont really trust them blindly
and....

my observation data:

1) nearly every night for over 5 years. mainly towards south west...as for time of day...at night lol

+38 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I don’t want links to simulation sites or to nasa Ok!

So basically, you wish to remain ignorant on how the solar system works.

Well done! Good for you!

Typical close mindedness BS I say.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Jupiter is the biggest and brightest "star" in the sky in October 2010.
edit on 4-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I don’t want links to simulation sites or to nasa Ok!

So basically, you wish to remain ignorant on how the solar system works.

Well done! Good for you!

Typical close mindedness BS I say.

UM SAYEN many even on ATS say nasa cannot be trusted SO????????????
why would they be with this

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJRichey
I bet its Juipter. Juipter is very close to the Earth right now, astronomicaly speaking. Closest its been and will be for like 40 years I think. Get a pair of binoculars and look at it. If its Juipter and you are using a decent pair of binocs you'll be able to tell if its Juipter or not.

it cant be jupiter as there is a picture with jupiter alongside it in the OP

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
What you are seeing is Jupiter. Get over it.
2nd

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The real bright one that appears close to the moon at the moment is Jupiter, it is making its closest pass to us at the moment so it's really bright. Venus has just past us, so it's pretty close, and will be visible to the west during // about 1-2 hours after sunset, or, before sunrise to the east. Mars is pretty far away at the moment to be overly bright, so my money is your second "light" is Venus (just depends on time of day / night / morning and which way the cameraman is facing.
edit on 4/10/10 by woogleuk because: I like editing, it's addictive

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by theAymen
i dont want a stellarium..i dont really trust them blindly
and....

my observation data:

1) nearly every night for over 5 years. mainly towards south west...as for time of day...at night lol

Yes, I'm aware that it's at night, but do you happen to know the right ascension and declination during say, 2200, so people can know where to look?

Or are you basing this whole thread off of a 2008 NatGeo article? Which explains what "conjunction" is.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join