It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bright star in our night sky..cannot be venus..what is it??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by theAymen

it cant be jupiter as there is a picture with jupiter alongside it in the OP

Well that settles THAT then, right?

I mean Jupiter was photographed NEXT to the moon months ago, so it can't possibly be Jupiter now, right!?

(Clarity for those keeping score at home, Jupiter isn't near the moon at the moment, Regulas is though....)

Might pay to do some learnings:

www.kidsastronomy.com...

edit on 4/10/10 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by theAymen

Originally posted by luxordelphi
Where was the cool picture of crescent moon and "stars" taken? What lattitude, longitude or where geographically? And when?

this picture is from national geographic...december 28..asia
follow the link for the story

national geographic

From 2008? And the Southern Hemisphere?

You really should be crediting the photos you use if you didn't take them.
Like your use of Nebula m57 from the Hubble

tsk, tsk, tsk..........
what a waste of time this was.....

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Wait a second, you took your last image from national geographic, where it explains exactly what it is!!! Tut Tut, why are you asking on here when it is explained there??

Venus, Jupiter, Moon Smile on Earth
edit on 4/10/10 by woogleuk because: change of words

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I don’t want links to simulation sites or to nasa Ok!

So basically, you wish to remain ignorant on how the solar system works.

Well done! Good for you!

Typical close mindedness BS I say.

NO ..because we know what they say...for five years theyve said the same thing and i dont buy it.

your the one thats closed minded..you blindly follow what nasa and your simulaor says when they both can be manipulated for 1000`s of reasons ranging from security to selfish greed..who knows...but it aint venus

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JJRichey

Here is how it looks from my area. Venus, mars, the sun and the moon are in one area (west right now)

and jupiter and uranus in the east. They are not even close right now.

this frame is from a few hours later to show the locations

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe495e89013c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Well that settles THAT then, right?

I mean Jupiter was photographed NEXT to the moon months ago, so it can't possibly be Jupiter now, right!?

(Clarity for those keeping score at home, Jupiter isn't near the moon at the moment, Regulas is though....)

tut tut ..if jupiter has been seen next to this star..THEN HOW CAN IT BE JUPITER....??

edit on 4-10-2010 by theAymen because: (no reason given)

link   
It's Jupiter. Go get a decent telescope and check it out. I can see the moons all around it with mine! Spectacular!

link   
reply to post by havok

Like many have already mentioned, Jupiter has been very bright for a few weeks. I think that is what you are seeing

btw I thought pharaohs like yourself were savvy about astronomy .

edit on 10/4/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I took this video of Jupiter ( its not planetX or a UFO
) with just a camcorder two weeks ago. Its very bright and you can see 4 of the moons.Watch in 480p and full screen.

edit on 4-10-2010 by tarifa37 because: add info

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Thanks for that. The picture is from Manila - about 14 degrees above the equator and that is how the moon looks as a crescent on the equator so that's gonna be normal for that part of the picture. As to the Venus-Jupiter-Somethingelse-UFO-Secretsomething sighting - looking forward to some answers in this thread too!

link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Wait a second, you took your last image from national geographic, where it explains exactly what it is!!! Tut Tut, why are you asking on here when it is explained there??

Venus, Jupiter, Moon Smile on Earth
edit on 4/10/10 by woogleuk because: change of words

WOW at the ignorance

THEY SAY ITS VENUS....I DO NOT BUY IT AS VENUS SHOULD ONLY BE SEEN AT SUNRISE/SUNSET.

as for crediting the pictures....the picture of nebula m57...could this really be a picture of that star i was seeing yrs ago.

oh my days i just noticed...m57...m= millenium...5+7 = 12....2012..yep operation bluebeam....lol

link   

Last time I checked, stellarium has nothing to do with NASA, then there's the fact that there are literally hundreds of star maps and mapping programs out there in use...I suppose all of these have been manipulated, right?

Did you know these mapping programs can track and place your mysterious star at any time or day of the year.

So here's a challenge for you.

Give me ANY date, ANY time THIS month and I will show you EXACTLY where every star and planet will be.

All I need is your location and timezone.

Up for it?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

UM SAYEN many even on ATS say nasa cannot be trusted SO????????????
why would they be with this

Because NASA doesn't control Stellariums, and not every Astronomer works for NASA or the government. When people say they don't trust NASA, it is ALWAYS referring to some piece of evidence that belongs exclusively to that organization, with no other corroborating source - in cases like that, they are only as good as their word. (and work)

But in THIS case, you're talking about celestial mechanics that have been known for thousands of years.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Are you basing this off the article? Or your own personal observations? I mean, you say you've been "observing" it for "years". Have you kept any log or records showing its exact position? If so, give us the date, RA/DECL, etc... and lets see if any other people can locate it.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Ok that works, I still feel some things people are seeimg are sensitive until close enough to cause the EFFECT.
Thanks

edit on 10/4/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

i dont want a stellarium..i dont really trust them blindly

It's not trusting "blindly". It's using something that you can see and LEARN from. That and the millions of star-watchers all over the world and their work available on the internet. So you don't trust anyone but your own observations, take pictures from magazines 2 years ago and the Hubble (which is run be scientists, many from NASA and JPL) for your knowledge about what is in our sky now?
No one can change the stars or planets. They also cannot be "covered up" from viewers all over the world. It's not a matter of "trust". It's a matter of knowledge.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Jupiter is making its closest pass to us, it takes 12 years to orbit the sun, at the moment it usually appears near the moon, when the moon is visible, it is the 4th brighest thing in the sky at the moment at magnitude -2.8 - 3.0, the third brightest Venus is -4 to -4.8 magnitude, meaning it is very bright for a couple of hours after sunset in the west.
edit on 4/10/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Last time I checked, stellarium has nothing to do with NASA, then there's the fact that there are literally hundreds of star maps and mapping programs out there in use...I suppose all of these have been manipulated, right?

Did you know these mapping programs can track and place your mysterious star at any time or day of the year.

So here's a challenge for you.

Give me ANY date, ANY time THIS month and I will show you EXACTLY where every star and planet will be.

All I need is your location and timezone.

Up for it?

yep mate cool..thanks for that..

well im in london GMT "0"...

i havnt seen it for a month i havnt looked...so try a month back...looking up to the west sky..in time going south west......its more or less directly up...only it and the moon are visible...from 1am to 3am

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

WOW at the ignorance

THEY SAY ITS VENUS....I DO NOT BUY IT AS VENUS SHOULD ONLY BE SEEN AT SUNRISE/SUNSET.

as for crediting the pictures....the picture of nebula m57...could thid really be a picture of that star i was seeing yrs ago.

oh my days i just noticed...m57...m= millenium...5+7 = 12....2012..yep operation bluebeam....

i

Yeah, WOW AT THE IGNORANCE.
Uh, the picture you show? Is it time stamped? Can you say for sure where or when it was taken? NO. You didn't take the picture yourself, and don't have any knowledge about the location or time it was taken. Could have been at sunset, easily. We don't know, because we can't tell where it was taken. Neither can you.
And now into your "knowledge" of the stars you are adding in what.....numerology?
Ding, ding, ding.....my BSometer has been pegged.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
Are you basing this off the article? Or your own personal observations? I mean, you say you've been "observing" it for "years". Have you kept any log or records showing its exact position? If so, give us the date, RA/DECL, etc... and lets see if any other people can locate it.

have i kept a log...lololololo haaa cmon lol no!

everyone i know has seen it...have you not looked at the night sky...how can you call yourself an astronemer and you have not noticed it...especially when it used to shimmer red blue green....

as for other people locating it....there are more people that have seen it then people who havent...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join